Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• @1nsomniak said:
    If anyone bought the old version within the last 14 days Apple will give a no questions refund and you can buy the new one. I bet they'd even refund beyond that if you dont have a history of it.

That has been my experience. As long as you aren't one of those users who abuse the system and are perpetually buying new apps, only to refund every other one.

I've found Apple to be perfectly accommodating for reasonable requests. Some users seem to think that because Apple a giant company, that gives them some kind of entitlement to demand special treatment.

I don't own this one, but I want it for sure. Just waiting on some good iTunes cards deals. :) However, If I'd purchased this inside of a couple months ago for $16.99, then they pulled it for a new version... I'd certainly be politely explaining the situation to Apple.

• Side note for those who didn't know: the dev is also a musician (or there's someone with the same name!) - oddly enough I've been listening to his music the last couple months on and off and had no idea about the dev part!

• @_mwallace said:

@motmeister said:
    I didn’t have that many, but my SPA user presets don’t show up in SPAAU.

They’re in the presets menu within the AU (next to Save).

They didn’t automatically show up. The only ones in the AU version are the ones I explicitly transferred from SPA to SPAAU. I transferred all my user presets manually.

• edited June 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Nice! Thank you! So I guess we'd just route it to multiple channels and use the AUM channel filters to get it going.

.. Yeah, I tested the routing to 2 synths in AUM and all works well using the channel filters.

Could I ask you (or anyone feeling generous) to check how slow the speed goes down to? Standalone maxes out at 1/1. Hoping for more like 4/1 and 8/1.

Same as standalone it seems.

Did you need anything else testing?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow, this looks like it might be good if I can just live sequence with an external MIDI controller and do odd time signatures without any problems. I’m hoping when I read “real time” that means we play into the sequencer live, but you never know. I broke down and got Rozeta after a couple months, but really wish I could sequence into it live.

• @Dawdles said:

@lovadamusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@chandroji said:
    I really love this update, but...

I bought StepPolyArp mid of April for 16,99€. 😩

Do you think I can return the app to buy the newer version?

Did the old app stay full price up right until the new one dropped? Pretty shady if so.... Normally see price drops leading up to new software or hardware as a kind of unspoken heads up and a consolation for customers when the new version drops..

You don't get to call the dev shady without a comment in return.

A customer who bought the app last week paid what I paid for it. They get the same app, same functionality. Use it for what they paid for. If it's not worth the price to them as is, they shouldn't have bought it.

No one has a gun to their head to buy the AUv3 version, which is a different app. If someone doesn't want to pay the price for it, move on. They're not entitled to anything.

Good god...

My point was its just not a very cool/considerate move to sell full price leading up to the point its replaced. But I didn't buy it and don't really care either way..

My point is that it's not "shady" business. Words have meaning, and people like to throw accusations around on the Internet whether they're warranted or not. So there's a fixed price on the app, and no announcements of a new version until it's available. That's a simpler, more efficient and possibly more profitable way of doing business. That's what Apple did with Logic. It may contribute to their willingness/ability to sell it so cheap.

As far as being uncool or inconsiderate, we don't even know what the developer is making for an hour's work on this app. From that standpoint, it might already be a great deal. If it's a poor deal, people won't buy it. The consumer is safe. ;)

• @Dawdles said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Nice! Thank you! So I guess we'd just route it to multiple channels and use the AUM channel filters to get it going.

.. Yeah, I tested the routing to 2 synths in AUM and all works well using the channel filters.

Could I ask you (or anyone feeling generous) to check how slow the speed goes down to? Standalone maxes out at 1/1. Hoping for more like 4/1 and 8/1.

Same as standalone it seems.

Did you need anything else testing?

Is there tempo per line options? Or only global per pattern?

These appear to be the only row options...

• edited June 2018

The individual row lengths can be changed but this seems more polymetric than the suggested polyrhythmic.

• edited June 2018

Got the new version!
    Hui! That’s a big improvement to the old version! I already love the app!
    I want to give an big 👍to Laurent the developer! That’s good work! Thanks a lot!

Let the music play... 🎶🎶🎶😎

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    "And iPhone

Yes!!!

• edited June 2018

@syrupcore said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Bought this a few months back. Can’t say I’m overjoyed the version I have has been dropped, but there you go, that’s iOS music making for ya.

I don't think that's particular to iOS. Products get EOLed and sometimes the timing blows as a consumer. According to http://appshopper.com/music/steppolyarp-midi-step-polyphonic-arpeggiator, version 1.41 came out 7.5 years ago! So probably 8 years or so which beats out many many products.

I do wish the original was still on the store if only in hopes of surviving iOS 12. Can't blame the dude for moving on though.

No it’s fine, just bad timing on my part. Dev’s gotta eat etc.

To be honest I’m drifting away from iOS anyway, desktop is proving to be more stable and cost effective for my uses these days. Aside from a few sample manglers and the Brambos suite the old Air 2 isn’t getting much use.

• edited June 2018

@MonzoPro said:

To be honest I’m drifting away from iOS anyway,

Clutches pearls, extends hand toward fainting couch...

Say it ain't so!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Say it ain't so!

Don’t forget me darling x

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Side note for those who didn't know: the dev is also a musician (or there's someone with the same name!) - oddly enough I've been listening to his music the last couple months on and off and had no idea about the dev part!

Cool, I think this is it:

• Yep it means the new version will get many years of updates from a great developer. The old version is still on the store btw.

• Really loving this updated version...really really nice workflow options now :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Say it ain't so!

Don’t forget me darling x

https://media.giphy.com/media/caSoMyGoYcGLm/giphy.gif

• @MonzoPro said:
    To be honest I’m drifting away from iOS anyway, desktop is proving to be more stable and cost effective for my uses these days.

It’s funny. I’m drifting away from my desktop Music. My Computer, Maschine MK3; Komplete S, Push2 are getting dusty. I was not touching the system in the last 3 month.

IOS and my iPad Pro is giving me the freedom to make music everywhere I like. The possibility’s are amazing for me. I enjoy to make music with the iPad! 🎶

• @echoopera said:
    Really loving this updated version...really really nice workflow options now :)

Is out now?

• @Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

• @tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

I mean in AU mode :)

• @Ivan_Dj said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

Yes, me too :)

That´s also the title of this topic.

• @tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

I thought It was in beta hehehe. Thanks very much :D 10 minutes to finish working here

• @tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

This release was a shock to me. I was working all night last night with the old StepPolyArp. I actually sat and wished for an auv3 version. What is the probability for a wish like that coming true in a real universe? Almost zero. I’ve concluded that we live in a simulation. We are The Sims. Now, let’s play :smile:

• @Kühl said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@tja said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@echoopera said:

Is out now?

Since the OP, i think ;)

This release was a shock to me. I was working all night last night with the old StepPolyArp. I actually sat and wished for an auv3 version. What is the probability for a wish like that coming true in a real universe? Almost zero. I’ve concluded that we live in a simulation. We are The Sims. Now, let’s play :smile:

That's a brilliant conclusion, like it very much :) :D :p ;)

• @brambos said:

@echoopera said:

@Zen210507 said:
    Just one, All too familiar irrutation, and likely not devs fault, this appears to not be Auria Pro compatible. :'(

Does Auria Pro support Midi Host Mode?

Auria is not on the AU MIDI train :)

And that is very sad. I would’ve been able to use all your genial apps.
    Buddy Holly: “that’ll be the day” :smiley:

• @1nsomniak said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    Side note for those who didn't know: the dev is also a musician (or there's someone with the same name!) - oddly enough I've been listening to his music the last couple months on and off and had no idea about the dev part!

Cool, I think this is it:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0h0JiNVmVQpNsqQHFrVxFN?si=hYsSWcJOQ_6Oe_0uWo-rpg
    https://laurentcolson.bandcamp.com/

• @chandroji said:

@MonzoPro said:
    To be honest I’m drifting away from iOS anyway, desktop is proving to be more stable and cost effective for my uses these days.

It’s funny. I’m drifting away from my desktop Music. My Computer, Maschine MK3; Komplete S, Push2 are getting dusty. I was not touching the system in the last 3 month.

IOS and my iPad Pro is giving me the freedom to make music everywhere I like. The possibility’s are amazing for me. I enjoy to make music with the iPad! 🎶

I haven’t turned on my Mac Pro for months, the dust is gathering in my studio too
    Especially after I bought my second 12,9 iPad. It’s the freedom.