Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• 1 instance of Steppolyarp controlling 5 instances of steppolyarp, each controlling it's own AU, everything syc'd to key and transposable within key..... So fun. I bought the old one in April/May too, but 30 bucks is certainly well spent for this kind of flexibility.

• @Carnbot said:
    Here's a thing Apple could implement, that if you have an certain app in your purchased list (eg SPA original.) then the developer could enable a discount on the new one, so paid upgrades could then be possible.
    I'm sure Apple could add something like that easily. :)

Devs are able to integrate such thing as a rebate if you have a previous version.
    I already use apps that do/did that - they are not music related but that is up to the devs.

• Does this Audio Unit have parameters exposed? and which ones? :)

• I hope, that the old app can still be downloaded by those who bought it.

• @tja said:
    I hope, that the old app can still be downloaded by those who bought it.

Yes it can

• edited June 2018

@tja said:
    I hope, that the old app can still be downloaded by those who bought it.

This is always possible - you have to find it through your entry in “purchased items”, then just tap the doownload arrow/cloud thing.
    This works even when the app is no longer officially available/findable through App Store search.

• I do wonder how long it will take until @virsyn Arpeggist becomes an AUv3 :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nice.... An AudioBus forum Preset bank.............. Maybe?
    <3

• @Dawdles said:

@chandroji said:
    I really love this update, but...

I bought StepPolyArp mid of April for 16,99€. 😩

Do you think I can return the app to buy the newer version?

Did the old app stay full price up right until the new one dropped? Pretty shady if so.... Normally see price drops leading up to new software or hardware as a kind of unspoken heads up and a consolation for customers when the new version drops..

Personally, I find the sudden price drop without explanation in advance of the new app shadier.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MrBlaschke said:

@Carnbot said:
    Here's a thing Apple could implement, that if you have an certain app in your purchased list (eg SPA original.) then the developer could enable a discount on the new one, so paid upgrades could then be possible.

Devs are able to integrate such thing as a rebate if you have a previous version.
    I already use apps that do/did that - they are not music related but that is up to the devs.

That's interesting, I've never personally seen that, how do they do it?

• @Dawdles said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

@chandroji said:

Did the old app stay full price up right until the new one dropped? Pretty shady if so.... Normally see price drops leading up to new software or hardware as a kind of unspoken heads up and a consolation for customers when the new version drops..

Personally, I find the sudden price drop without explanation in advance of the new app shadier.

Huh? For real?

Sure.
    StepPolyArp has been on the iTunes store for more than five years. I'm not sure when it's last update was, but it's been a while. So if you go and buy this app out of the blue in 2018 and a new version drops a month later — that's just unlucky.

If, on the other hand, knowing full well that this app was going to be dropped from support, the dev had slashed prices and not mentioned the coming changes? That's shady.

• @Dawdles said:

@legsmechanical said:
    1 instance of Steppolyarp controlling 5 instances of steppolyarp, each controlling it's own AU, everything syc'd to key and transposable within key..... So fun. I bought the old one in April/May too, but 30 bucks is certainly well spent for this kind of flexibility.

Can scale be switched off so all notes are available?

Yup. Lock to scale or chromatic. Steps can transpose within the scale (including chromatic) or be set to fixed notes. Using it with fixed notes makes for a great and fast drum sequencer since each lane can a different number of steps.

• @Carnbot said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@Carnbot said:

Dont know exactly, but the principle is to check if the/any previous version is installed.
    You get an instant rebate like this screen shows

• Guys remember Devs need to make a living. Please let’s not get this awesome news and head go down the drain as many have. Let’s all just be supportive and help the dev continue making awesome apps! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 o:)

(Spraying holy water in preparation for response) :# :o <3 <3 <3 <3 o:) o:) o:)

• edited June 2018
  • edited June 2018
  • @MrBlaschke said:

@Carnbot said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@Carnbot said:

Dont know exactly, but the principle is to check if the/any previous version is installed.
    You get an instant rebate like this screen shows

Omni 3 Pro upgrade so worth it .... omni premium pricing, but fair for that previous version check :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys remember Devs need to make a living. Please let’s not get this awesome news and head go down the drain as many have. Let’s all just be supportive and help the dev continue making awesome apps! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 o:)

+1

• @Dawdles said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys remember Devs need to make a living. Please let’s not get this awesome news and head go down the drain as many have. Let’s all just be supportive and help the dev continue making awesome apps! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 o:)

Why post this!??... You know devs are in business right? They aren't giving this stuff away for charity.. People are considering paying for this product. So tired of reading all the sycophantic devs sympathy on this forum!? Occasionally warranted but mostly it just reads like a bad habit/echo... Doesnt happen on any other production forums. This app is no more functional than a ton of free Max4Live plugins out there. Charging £15 for it means this dev is probably making a better living than most. And if they didn't discount the old version leading up to the new one's release then imho that's a pretty clear statement that this dev has a lot less concern for your finances than you do for his... It's not a crime but its not very cool either.

I kind of suspect that you just want to argue.

• edited June 2018
  • Is it still possible when in AU mode to send certain rows to discreet destinations? You can do it via MIDI channel in the original but can't wrap my head around how you might do it with AU MIDI routing.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

@chandroji said:

Huh? For real?

Sure.
    StepPolyArp has been on the iTunes store for more than five years. I'm not sure when it's last update was, but it's been a while.

Actually yesterday, the last before 6 days earlier.

And 6 more updates in the last year alone!!!

I think, I will just buy it :p

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    StepPolyArp has been on the iTunes store for more than five years. I'm not sure when it's last update was, but it's been a while.

It was actually updated the day before yesterday:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/steppolyarp/id395484905

• It’s worth paying for “twice”. @Matt_Fletcher_2000 already took care of the “devs make a living off these apps” argument.

I’m in.

• edited June 2018

I guess this will show up in BM3 in an update soon.. Right?

Edit.... as an au..