Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• AT LAST!!! I can finally use StepPolyArp on my iPhone!!!!! This is wonderful!!!!!

• @RajahP said:
    I guess this will show up in BM3 in an update soon.. Right?

Are you confirming that it doesn’t show as an AU in BM3?

• @Masanga said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    StepPolyArp has been on the iTunes store for more than five years. I'm not sure when it's last update was, but it's been a while.

It was actually updated the day before yesterday:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/steppolyarp/id395484905

Oh. Well, uh...that's weird. I thought it was removed from the App Store!

• edited June 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RajahP said:

I guess.. I don’t see it on my iPads.. as an IAA yes... both new and old...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Masanga said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    StepPolyArp has been on the iTunes store for more than five years. I'm not sure when it's last update was, but it's been a while.

There's some logic in keeping it around for at least a transition period: even with the update, the old version was compatible back to iOS 8.0, whereas the new version depends on iOS 11 features. I assume this week's update is likely to be the last, and that Laurent was taking the opportunity to fix bugs in the old version that he was addressing in the new one. At any rate it's great to have a reason to give Laurent more money…

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExAsperis99 said:

@Masanga said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ah, I thought it was gone too, I couldn’t see it in the list of developers “other apps” when checking the new version

• @skoptic said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@Carnbot said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@Carnbot said:
    Here's a thing Apple could implement, that if you have an certain app in your purchased list (eg SPA original.) then the developer could enable a discount on the new one, so paid upgrades could then be possible.
    I'm sure Apple could add something like that easily. :)

Devs are able to integrate such thing as a rebate if you have a previous version.
    I already use apps that do/did that - they are not music related but that is up to the devs.

That's interesting, I've never personally seen that, how do they do it?

Dont know exactly, but the principle is to check if the/any previous version is installed.
    You get an instant rebate like this screen shows

Omni 3 Pro upgrade so worth it .... omni premium pricing, but fair for that previous version check :)

Yeah this feature should be used more often in that case :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    "And iPhone". Holy shit! I can't wait! Gotta pick up an iTunes card first.

huge

• @Dawdles said:

@RajahP said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RajahP said:

:( Bummer. Was about to buy. Did you restart iPad? Heard sometimes thats a requirement?

But if not showing up in BM3 then its just another notch on the 'Apple/devs need to sort this whole AU mess out ASAP'... Fullscreen functions fine in one host/not fine fullscreen in another/midi au functionality exists in one host, but not in another/presets are one way in one host and different in another.. It's ridiculous.

Rebooted twice.. still no-show...

Confident that this will be sorted out... soon..

• edited June 2018

Bought this a few months back. Can’t say I’m overjoyed the version I have has been dropped, but there you go, that’s iOS music making for ya.

• edited June 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Is it still possible when in AU mode to send certain rows to discreet destinations? You can do it via MIDI channel in the original but can't wrap my head around how you might do it with AU MIDI routing.

Unfortunately, the midi channel per row function isn’t available in this Au.

I lied. Wow. It’s here!

Also disappointed that there doesn’t appear to be any parameters exposed for midi learn in AUM. Hope I’m wrong and will update here if I find them.

• @RajahP said:

@Dawdles said:

@RajahP said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RajahP said:

:( Bummer. Was about to buy. Did you restart iPad? Heard sometimes thats a requirement?

But if not showing up in BM3 then its just another notch on the 'Apple/devs need to sort this whole AU mess out ASAP'... Fullscreen functions fine in one host/not fine fullscreen in another/midi au functionality exists in one host, but not in another/presets are one way in one host and different in another.. It's ridiculous.

Peculiar. There are, what, five AU hosts in iOS? How could you not test them all?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

@Dawdles said:

@RajahP said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RajahP said:

Peculiar. There are, what, five AU hosts in iOS? How could you not test them all?

Or is this a midi FX problem? In which case, it's only AUM, Garageband and Cubasis, right?

• The iPhone stand alone version is really top notch. This is a gorgeous app.

I liked the old version, but today's $15 has been more than earned. Absolutely love it!

• @Zen210507 said:
    Just one, All too familiar irrutation, and likely not devs fault, this appears to not be Auria Pro compatible. :'(

Yup, no AUv3 midi support in Auria Pro yet. Also no AUv3 time sync or whatever it's called, which I assume would be needed as well.

• @wim said:
    Yup, no AUv3 midi support in Auria Pro yet. Also no AUv3 time sync or whatever it's called, which I assume would be needed as well.

>

Hmm. Missing bits.

• Wow

What a treat !

I love surprises!

• Wow! The automation capabilities of this are pretty wild now that it's an AU; polymeter parameter loops???

• @Dawdles said:

@chandroji said:
    I really love this update, but...

I bought StepPolyArp mid of April for 16,99€. 😩

Do you think I can return the app to buy the newer version?

Did the old app stay full price up right until the new one dropped? Pretty shady if so.... Normally see price drops leading up to new software or hardware as a kind of unspoken heads up and a consolation for customers when the new version drops..

You don't get to call the dev shady without a comment in return.

A customer who bought the app last week paid what I paid for it. They get the same app, same functionality. Use it for what they paid for. If it's not worth the price to them as is, they shouldn't have bought it.

No one has a gun to their head to buy the AUv3 version, which is a different app. If someone doesn't want to pay the price for it, move on. They're not entitled to anything.

• edited June 2018

@ageezz said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Can you transfer patterns from the original SPA to the new SPAAU?

This is done automatically- it really is a good AU implementation. Full screen available in AUM.

Hmmm... what’s meant by “automatically”? I didn’t have that many, but my SPA user presets don’t show up in SPAAU. That was the first thing I checked when I bought SPAAU. Maybe SPA export / SPAAU import will work, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Ok, yes, I can transfer them that way... but... I’m not seeing SPAAU in the Files app “on my iPad” list. Do I have to turn something on? Maybe reboot the iPad? I’ll try that.

Ok. I figured it out. I turned on iCloud in SPAAU, then saved a preset. Now there’s a Files app entry in “on my iPad” for SPAAU.

• edited June 2018

@motmeister said:
    I didn’t have that many, but my SPA user presets don’t show up in SPAAU.

They’re in the presets menu within the AU (next to Save).

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Is it still possible when in AU mode to send certain rows to discreet destinations? You can do it via MIDI channel in the original but can't wrap my head around how you might do it with AU MIDI routing.

I lied. Wow. It’s here!

Also disappointed that there doesn’t appear to be any parameters exposed for midi learn in AUM. Hope I’m wrong and will update here if I find them.

Nice! Thank you! So I guess we'd just route it to multiple channels and use the AUM channel filters to get it going.

Could I ask you (or anyone feeling generous) to check how slow the speed goes down to? Standalone maxes out at 1/1. Hoping for more like 4/1 and 8/1.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Bought this a few months back. Can’t say I’m overjoyed the version I have has been dropped, but there you go, that’s iOS music making for ya.

I don't think that's particular to iOS. Products get EOLed and sometimes the timing blows as a consumer. According to http://appshopper.com/music/steppolyarp-midi-step-polyphonic-arpeggiator, version 1.41 came out 7.5 years ago! So probably 8 years or so which beats out many many products.

I do wish the original was still on the store if only in hopes of surviving iOS 12. Can't blame the dude for moving on though.

• @Dawdles said:

@syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

I lied. Wow. It’s here!

Nice! Thank you! So I guess we'd just route it to multiple channels and use the AUM channel filters to get it going.

Could I ask you (or anyone feeling generous) to check how slow the speed goes down to? Standalone maxes out at 1/1. Hoping for more like 4/1 and 8/1.

Looking at that image... Can you sequence pitch per 'line'? So one pattern can send melodic sequences to various AU simultaneously? And if so, is it limited to monophonic when used this way? Or chords possible too?

Not in the original. You can set the steps to play a specific note, always or you can set them to play a note based on the input. That could be either one of the notes from the chord sent in (first, second, third...) and/or a fixed transposition of one of the notes sent in. Would be great to see a screenshot of the note settings in the AU though. Just in case stuff changed. :)

• If anyone bought the old version within the last 14 days Apple will give a no questions refund and you can buy the new one. I bet they'd even refund beyond that if you dont have a history of it.