Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited March 2020

one post too much, can i somehow delete this post by myself?

• @dakti said:
    one post too much, can i somehow delete this post by myself?

You can edit it. When I have posted something, I wished I hadn't I edit the post and leave behind an "oops". Not that you need to do that. Just what I do.

• You can edit it. When I have posted something, I wished I hadn't I edit the post and leave behind an "oops". Not that you need to do that. Just what I do.

Thanks for advise @espiegel123 :) There should be delete option in 'edit mode' to be able delete comment after release in ex. 30 minutes - under condition that no one writes after you - but it is missing, or I am a blind B)

• @dakti said:

You can edit it. When I have posted something, I wished I hadn't I edit the post and leave behind an "oops". Not that you need to do that. Just what I do.

Thanks for advise @espiegel123 :) There should be delete option in 'edit mode' to be able delete comment after release in ex. 30 minutes - under condition that no one writes after you - but it is missing, or I am a blind B)

The forum doesn't allow you to delete your posts. Only edit them. That's just the way it is.

• edited March 2020

The forum doesn't allow you to delete your posts. Only edit them. That's just the way it is.

So it's true, whatever you put to the Internet, stays there forever ;)

• Quick!!! Throw a picture of Rambo in there!!!!

• edited March 2020

• YESSSSSSSSS

• edited March 2020

So still time for dumb questions here.
    Does Drambo comes with a proper preset browser? Tagging? This is where most iOS apps are really bad.
    Manual pdf?

• @Clueless said:
    Does Drambo comes with a proper preset browser? Tagging? This is where most iOS apps are really bad.
    Manual pdf?

You have presets for tracks, instrument racks (made up of modules) and modules where you can create folders (folders within folders if you like) and import and export the presets to and from say dropbox. No tagging that I know of but I'm not a filing suave person.

• @Shiro said:

@Clueless said:
    Manual pdf?

You have presets for tracks, instrument racks (made up of modules) and modules where you can create folders (folders within folders if you like) and import and export the presets to and from say dropbox. No tagging that I know of but I'm not a filing suave person.

Nice.
    Its just if i´m beyond 100 presets i lost track because of my abstract preset names :)

• edited March 2020

@Clueless said:

@Shiro said:

@Clueless said:
    Manual pdf?

Nice.
    Its just if i´m beyond 100 presets i lost track because of my abstract preset names :)

Yep and indeed you are gonna make a ton of presets and some will be tracks, some instruments, I just made a instrument called 'HHa' but of course its beta so I don't wanna get too serious with creating presets until release. Naming your folders logically will be important.

• Oh and there are some other things no one answers yet and which are not clear from the demos.
    I see you can have 1-8 voices per track?
    So is there no voice count limit in general for the summed voices?
    Do we get different voice stealing algorithms?
    :)

• @Clueless said:
    Oh and there are some other things no one answers yet and which are not clear from the demos.

The boss and can answer more definitively but to my knowledge you have 1-8 voice per track, you can have 16 tracks (although one would be the main track). So the ipad/iphone CPU comes into place as to how many voices can run. I don't believe there is a voice stealing algo for the summed tracks. As for the voice stealing on the individual track i do not know how it works, probably last voice.

• @Shiro said:

@Clueless said:
    Oh and there are some other things no one answers yet and which are not clear from the demos.

The boss and can answer more definitively but to my knowledge you have 1-8 voice per track, you can have 16 tracks (although one would be the main track). So the ipad/iphone CPU comes into place as to how many voices can run. I don't believe there is a voice stealing algo for the summed tracks. As for the voice stealing on the individual track i do not know how it works, probably last voice.

Thank you for the answers. Indeed i really like your demos and style a lot. Most useful Drambo content in this thread.
    Good teaser for the real thing :)

• Any word from Giku yet ? About upcoming release date?

• We all wanna hear it from the Dramboss

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Any word from Giku yet ? About upcoming release date?

@jipumarino said:
    We all wanna hear it from the Dramboss

Great, you just added 2 more days to the countdown clock.

• To be honest, I've just got elastic drums so a chance to go deep into that before drambo drops would be welcome 😬

• Lol. This thread gives me a headache.

• O.k. each day 1-2?questions until release :smiley:
    Does Drambo works in different sample rates and does it has oversampling options?

• Sorry if this has been asked. Upon release will it be one base price for everything? Or will some modules be IAP right off the bat? Personally, I don’t have a preference knowing either would generally average out.

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    Sorry if this has been asked. Upon release will it be one base price for everything? Or will some modules be IAP right off the bat? Personally, I don’t have a preference knowing either would generally average out.

Afaik at release one price for all launch modules, more modules may require an IAP later

• That would get this buyers vote, thanks.

@Zaubrer said:

@dreamsaremaps said:
    Sorry if this has been asked. Upon release will it be one base price for everything? Or will some modules be IAP right off the bat? Personally, I don’t have a preference knowing either would generally average out.

Afaik at release one price for all launch modules, more modules may require an IAP later

• Next to bug fixes, there is still a number of conceptual changes that affect the usability of the app, and @giku_beepstreet has been very open to the many suggestions from users in this thread as well as from all the different beta testers with their different opinions and preferences. His feature request list must be endless now. With every single feature added, two new requests seem to appear.
    The challenge is not only to make users with different priorities happy but also to keep the huge amount of control options manageable by humans like you and me without cluttering the UI.

All this is still work in progress and it will make Drambo better and better.

• @rs2000 said:
    Next to bug fixes, there is still a number of conceptual changes that affect the usability of the app, and @giku_beepstreet has been very open to the many suggestions from users in this thread as well as from all the different beta testers with their different opinions and preferences. His feature request list must be endless now. With every single feature added, two new requests seem to appear.
    The challenge is not only to make users with different priorities happy but also to keep the huge amount of control options manageable by humans like you and me without cluttering the UI.

Thanks for clearing this up, but can I understand your words as : release is not near because of the number of conceptual changes?

• @Pierre118 said:

@rs2000 said:
    Next to bug fixes, there is still a number of conceptual changes that affect the usability of the app, and @giku_beepstreet has been very open to the many suggestions from users in this thread as well as from all the different beta testers with their different opinions and preferences. His feature request list must be endless now. With every single feature added, two new requests seem to appear.

Thanks for clearing this up, but can I understand your words as : release is not near because of the number of conceptual changes?

It's work in progress, I am not the developer and only @giku_beepstreet can answer that.
    If I was the developer, I'd release it when I'm happy with the app.

• @Pierre118 said:

@rs2000 said:

@rs2000 i think you are confusing the situation here. The focus is on bug fixing and having the app working and ready to go. The indirect changes are minimal.

• Ah, the great Ship of Yawn that is the Drambo thread. Rumour has it that many have seen this ship, that it goes faster than an other ship, holds more people than any other ship, and has more luxuries on board than any other ship. But it still seems to be moored somewhere near the Arctic Circle, with only wild creatures attesting to its actual existence. Me? I still hold out hope it's true, all true, but I tend to think of it as winning a bet on the football: might happen ... one day.

This discussion has been closed.