Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:
    i was born in leap day, does that get my anything?

Fewer birthday parties.

• Onwards to page 200!!

• @rs2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Really hoping Drambo's sequencer and sampler can be easily slotted in as needed.

It can but given its beepstreet'ish nature, it's nothing like your typical piano-roll style sequencer. I think that both types of sequencers complement each other well.
    Drambo's sequencer reminds me more of the Digitakt sequencer, if anybody here has ever used one.

A much more interesting field for Drambo is IMHO "slotting in" Drambo as an AUv3 effects unit. Build your own chorus, delay, flanger, phaser, compressor, dynamic EQ, distortion unit, wave folder, ring modulator... The way you've always wanted it.

So it's more of a step sequencer? That's fine. The Elektron parameter-locking would be a thrilling addition to iOS. As for making my own chorus and delay, etc? Dude why on earth would I want to do that when I've just spent a zillion dollars to have somebody else make them!?
    :)

• So what’s the hold up now> @AudioGus said:

164 new posts! It must be... nope

It’s torture.. 😁

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2020

Does it record\export midi... ? Does it do jumps, like GR-16? Does it have Song-Mode...

And, when will it be released?

Thank you very much.. 😎

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@rs2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Really hoping Drambo's sequencer and sampler can be easily slotted in as needed.

It can but given its beepstreet'ish nature, it's nothing like your typical piano-roll style sequencer. I think that both types of sequencers complement each other well.
    Drambo's sequencer reminds me more of the Digitakt sequencer, if anybody here has ever used one.

A much more interesting field for Drambo is IMHO "slotting in" Drambo as an AUv3 effects unit. Build your own chorus, delay, flanger, phaser, compressor, dynamic EQ, distortion unit, wave folder, ring modulator... The way you've always wanted it.

So it's more of a step sequencer? That's fine. The Elektron parameter-locking would be a thrilling addition to iOS. As for making my own chorus and delay, etc? Dude why on earth would I want to do that when I've just spent a zillion dollars to have somebody else make them!?

The cool thing is that with Drambo, at least you'll have the choice 😃

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@rs2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Because yours would be p-lockable :)

• @giku_beepstreet

I’ve not been following the thread and to be fair, much of it seems like peeps just having fun now, so may I ask a couple of questions?

Will Drambo have multiple audio outs for use with AUM?

How will Drambo handle having variable midi CC ports open in hosts like AUM? Will all the parameters you put into a project be open for us to throw midi at?

Will Drambo come with any setups designed specifically to modulate other AU instances via CCs? Or am I mistaken to what Drambo is, in is it more of an instrument only and not designed to modulate other instruments?

Sorry if all these questions have been asked before, but this thread is a tad impenetrable now :D p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @giku_beepstreet

I’ve not been following the thread and to be fair, much of it seems like peeps just having fun now, so may I ask a couple of questions?

How will Drambo handle having variable midi CC ports open in hosts like AUM? Will all the parameters you put into a project be open for us to throw midi at?

Will Drambo come with any setups designed specifically to modulate other AU instances via CCs? Or am I mistaken to what Drambo is, in is it more of an instrument only and not designed to modulate other instruments?

Sorry if all these questions have been asked before, but this thread is a tad impenetrable now :D p

Also wondering about multiple outs (would love to route a drum rack through say, replicant or Glitchcore when it arrives, and synths + etc through other things).

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @giku_beepstreet

Drambo can indeed modulate AUV3 apps using Midi CCs and is a sequencing monster. Go nuts!

• @iammane said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @giku_beepstreet

Also wondering about multiple outs (would love to route a drum rack through say, replicant or Glitchcore when it arrives, and synths + etc through other things).

I heard multi outputs will come in an update after release. Dev can confirm but i think 8 outs.

• @Shiro said:

@iammane said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @giku_beepstreet

I heard multi outputs will come in an update after release. Dev can confirm but i think 8 outs.

omfg yesss. That's ok. I can wait. 8 would be perfect, can live with that. AHHHHHHHHH this is so exciting lol

• Maybe i asked that before but i found no answer. Can we drop and drag samples direct into the sampler(s).
    I read that iOS allows drop and drag and it is really in general so much faster for me. But i seldom see apps using it.

• Drambo Release Party!

• edited February 2020

@Liquidmantis said:

@reasOne said:
    i was born in leap day, does that get my anything?

Fewer birthday parties.

they are less frequent but with a longer release time lol

• edited February 2020

Does Drambo sequencer have playing setting such as fwd, reverse, back and forth, random, speed (time scale), and all these per track?

Please!!!

• @Philippe said:
    Does Drambo sequencer have playing setting such as fwd, reverse, back and forth, random, speed (time scale), and all these per track?

Please!!!

It uses step components. You can tell any note on any track what to do and how many times or random. Retrigger, transpose, shift etc... there are a number of these components to choose from.

• Model cycles demos are making me itch for Drambo sequencing and workflow even worse.

• @ohwell said:
    Model cycles demos are making me itch for Drambo sequencing and workflow even worse.

Friggin same. The only thing keeping me from buying one is that I know it's really not a need, it's a want, plus I don't want to have to explain the purchase. And, I figure Drambo will scratch this itch.

• @iammane said:

@ohwell said:
    Model cycles demos are making me itch for Drambo sequencing and workflow even worse.

Friggin same. The only thing keeping me from buying one is that I know it's really not a need, it's a want, plus I don't want to have to explain the purchase. And, I figure Drambo will scratch this itch.

To cover Model Cycles, all you need is GR16 with FM wavetables or NS2. It's not really an advanced box IMHO and who in the world wants menu diving on a stamp-sized display? 🧐

• @rs2000 said:

@iammane said:

@ohwell said:

To cover Model Cycles, all you need is GR16 with FM wavetables or NS2. It's not really an advanced box IMHO and who in the world wants menu diving on a stamp-sized display? 🧐

I knowwwww but knobs. There's just something to be said for physical hardware. I know I could just as easily sync up something like Nanokey Studio to iPad, but it's just not the same...

That all said, I've been playing around in NS2 again lately, and, I just picked up Phasemaker lol.... even though Obsidian does FM synthesis. Whatevs haha

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:

I know NS2 is life, but it’s a step sequencer with p-lock and probability triggers now?

Plaits style macro driven digital synths have proven their worth 10x over, and the KPF layout + sequencer workflow are plenty attractive in a minimal distraction self contained hardware box.

I’m just ready to park myself in a self contained Elektron power step sequencing + synthesis environment for a bit. Drambo does all that and much much much much more, so I can’t wait to learn it’s ins and out and make music with it.

Let there be Drambo!

• @ohwell said:

@rs2000 said:

I know NS2 is life, but it’s a step sequencer with p-lock and probability triggers now?

Plaits style macro driven digital synths have proven their worth 10x over, and the KPF layout + sequencer workflow are plenty attractive in a minimal distraction self contained hardware box.

I’m just ready to park myself in a self contained Elektron power step sequencing + synthesis environment for a bit. Drambo does all that and much much much much more, so I can’t wait to learn it’s ins and out and make music with it.

Let there be Drambo!

Yeah the obvious answer here is Drambo. Someday lol

• @ohwell said:

@rs2000 said:

GR16 does it.

Let there be Drambo!

No question, it's going to be on a different level but it's not that we don't have great tools already.

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:

@ohwell said:

@rs2000 said:

GR16 does it.

Let there be Drambo!

No question, it's going to be on a different level but it's not that we don't have great tools already.

Curb that grass is greener enthusiasm, folks! But the grass really is greener where the one stop step sequencing monster also fills them bigwig grid shoes...

Till then my music time will remain happily split between AUM jams, Bitwig, and VCV rack!

• Do you guys remember when Drambo was going to be ready by end of January at the latest? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

• @Zjenji said:
    Do you guys remember when Drambo was going to be ready by end of January at the latest? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

January of last year heh

• On Sunday Beepstreet will announce a release date of February 29th.

This discussion has been closed.