Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/04/beepstreet-developing-new-modular-drum-synth-drambo-ios.html

Have you guys seen this? Seems like an awesome modular drum + sequencer.

Hope it has some kind of impaktor-style interaction

:grin:

Comments

• Oh my... wallet.

• Looks good.
    My $ is waiting.

• edited April 2018

I so want an AU drum synth that I can automate and get twisty swooshy sounds.

• @AudioGus said:

Not sure it's what you really want, but do you have Ruismaker?

• edited April 2018

@senhorlampada said:

@AudioGus said:

Not sure it's what you really want, but do you have Ruismaker?

I tried it but found the sounds could not be automated the way I want. Whatever the settings were when a step triggered seemed to be locked in for the playback of that hit, if that makes sence. With DM2 or Attack you can automate parameters without being locked in per hit, but of course they are not AU and have midi issues. Fingers crossed Beepstreet provideth!

• Drop this project now, and go make Impaktor into AU. :angry:

Sorry everyone, just feeling a little salty today

• @Hmtx said:
    Drop this project now, and go make Impaktor into AU. :angry:

Or just Impaktorise this thing...

• @supadom said:
    Or just Impaktorise this thing...

<3

Yes, this would also be acceptable B)

• I'm loving the little bit I've seen of this. After Zeeon, I'm ready to pick up anything BeepStreet drops, but this is WAY cooler than I would've thought. And this as an AUv3? C'mon....

• edited April 2018

Some more info:

• AU v3, iPad + iPhone
    • Simplified (but smart :) modular architecture - no cables.
    • Audio rate modulation, optional oversampling
    • Modules: samplers, generators (like 808 circuit model), oscillators, modulators, envelopes, filters, effects and modules that operate on triggers (all zips zaps, fills etc..)
    • File access via iCloud (one folder on mac and iOs)
    • Stereo processing
    • Parameter locks

Slowly approaching alpha.
    I'm not sure about the name yet. Its DRambo for now.

btw. Microphone input modules in standalone mode so you can "build Impaktor" - are planned (v.1.1 +)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some more info:

• AU v3, iPad + iPhone
    • Modules: samplers, generators (like 808 circuit model), oscillators, modulators, envelopes, filters, effects and modules that operate on triggers (all zips zaps, fills etc..)
    • Stereo processing
    • Parameter locks

btw. Microphone input modules in standalone mode so you can "build Impaktor" - are planned (v.1.1 +)

A single wisp of smoke emerges from ears; eyes roll blissfully upward; ExAsp collapses in a fetal heap.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some more info:

• AU v3, iPad + iPhone
    • Stereo processing
    • Parameter locks

Dude! Thanks so much! Anxious for this :love:

• Forgot about side-chaining: track output can be used as a modulation source for other tracks (e.g. Amp - pumping! , filter, or delay fx)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some more info:

• AU v3, iPad + iPhone
    • Stereo processing
    • Parameter locks

Are the planned improvements to Zeeon still coming? .scl import is badly needed. Given that so few other synths support it, it could be a competitive advantage.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some more info:

• AU v3, iPad + iPhone
    • Stereo processing
    • Parameter locks

Very nice! This is looking so cool. Thanks for the more info.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was dreaming about a module such as Drambo in the shower this morning. Now I open AB and find that one is coming. This is awesome.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Oh! 😮
    Pardon my poor attitude earlier :# I am very excite.

• edited April 2018

Sampler too... :heart:

• @giku_beepstreet when you say sampler do you mean we can load our own samples in this thing? :o

• edited April 2018

@DCJ said:
    @giku_beepstreet when you say sampler do you mean we can load our own samples in this thing? :o

Yes. And it uses iCloud drive as an option. You load samples to a Drambo folder on your Mac and they are instantly available on iPad. The best solution for import/export hell IMO.

• @giku_beepstreet I know it's early, but let us know when you're ready to beta test this bad boy. I'd love to get a chance to put this through it's paces - keep me in mind.

I do video reviews too.... <hint, hint> ;)

• edited April 2018

@giku_beepstreet said:

@DCJ said:
    @giku_beepstreet when you say sampler do you mean we can load our own samples in this thing? :o

Yes. And it uses iCloud drive as an option. You load samples to a Drambo folder on your Mac and they are instantly available on iPad. The best solution for import/export hell IMO.

What if you had an Audioshare folder or a ‘File’ folder in BM3. Looks like it would have to be one at a time to iCloud then.... unless there is a trick I have yet to figure.

• edited April 2018

Edit: duh

Looks like Files can just move them from Audioshare to iCloud.

:)

• If an app supports iCloudDrive it automatically supports Files.app on iOS11 so we have nothing to worry about.

• Whoot, got the edit in just in time!

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Forgot about side-chaining: track output can be used as a modulation source for other tracks (e.g. Amp - pumping! , filter, or delay fx)

Will the sequencer be available in AU mode. How about AUv3 Full Screen and MIDI out?

• edited April 2018

Ruismaker certainly led the way in AU drum synths. But we still need some more ambitious options...like AU embedded sequencers and sample import.

This discussion has been closed.