Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quincy Jones Doesn’t Pull Any Punches

Comments

• DCJDCJ
    edited February 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:
    It’s silly to compare white people excluding black people from having a voice to black people wanting to stand on their own.

Bollocks. Excluding people based on skin colour is racist, any time anywhere. And including all people stops no one from ‘having a voice.’

It’s also silly for you to pretend you care about white people attending BLM protests.

Please don’t tell me what I care about. You don’t know me at all. I care about the principle.

The statement All Lives Matter is such a grossly reductive response to any group who are asking that their lives matter as much as everyone else’s.

More bollocks. ‘Black Lives Matter’ is just another way to segregate and divide people. MLK thought that all lives matter, and that we should stand together regardless of race. Are you disagreing with that?

ISTM that no matter what anyone says to you in this thread, if they are white you are always going to claim they don’t understand, or worse have no right to express a reasonable polite view. You know nothing about them personally and are basing what you say purely on what you guess is their colour. What does that make you?

Since you stated yourself you care about the principal, it looks like I assumed rightly.

If MLK didn’t think Black Lives Matter, what was he fighting for? Maybe you don’t understand the premise.

There was no assumption that you are white. You can’t find it anywhere in what I said. Maybe you assumed I was black? How can you be sure? I am basing what I say on history and adressing white people in general. Your opinions, however, do seem to fall into that category. It very rare that someone who isn’t white would complain about the exclusion of white people. But if you think only black defend black people, the times have changed without you.

Lastly, if you express dangerous assumptions politely, they are still dangerous. You never addressed the most important issue, which is your inability to know what it’s like for black people. You can only assume. That, sir, is bollocks.

• @DCJ said:

@Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:
    It’s silly to compare white people excluding black people from having a voice to black people wanting to stand on their own.

Bollocks. Excluding people based on skin colour is racist, any time anywhere. And including all people stops no one from ‘having a voice.’

It’s also silly for you to pretend you care about white people attending BLM protests.

Please don’t tell me what I care about. You don’t know me at all. I care about the principle.

The statement All Lives Matter is such a grossly reductive response to any group who are asking that their lives matter as much as everyone else’s.

More bollocks. ‘Black Lives Matter’ is just another way to segregate and divide people. MLK thought that all lives matter, and that we should stand together regardless of race. Are you disagreing with that?

ISTM that no matter what anyone says to you in this thread, if they are white you are always going to claim they don’t understand, or worse have no right to express a reasonable polite view. You know nothing about them personally and are basing what you say purely on what you guess is their colour. What does that make you?

Since you stated yourself you care about the principal, it looks like I assumed rightly.

If MLK didn’t think Black Lives Matter, what was he fighting for? Maybe you don’t understand the premise.

There was no assumption that you are white. You can’t find it anywhere in what I said. Maybe you assumed I was black? How can you be sure? I am basing what I say on history and adressing white people in general. Your opinions, however, do seem to fall into that category. It very rare that someone who isn’t white would complain about the exclusion of white people. But if you think only black defend black people, the times have changed without you.

Lastly, if you express dangerous assumptions politely, they are still dangerous. You never addressed the most important issue, which is your inability to know what it’s like for black people. You can only assume. That, sir, is bollocks.

I’m gonna assume he’s in the UK, and consequently should admit that he doesn’t truly have any real understanding of race relations here in the US, nor does he understand the legitimacy of the #blm movement, and how “All Lives Matter” is the equivalent of the following:

• @Icepulse said:

This depiction is horribly inaccurate but a I believe a true misrepresentation by one that would be trying to make a point for the MY HOUSE MATTERS folks.

Because if all houses matter, both houses would be getting water. One would be getting water to extinguish the fire the other would be getting water to protect it from the burning one.

This again shows that we need to understand each other better before we try and force our will upon everyone else.

Please let this tread die as I don't think we are even close to the OP topic.

• @JudgeDredd said:

@Icepulse said:

This depiction is horribly inaccurate but a I believe a true misrepresentation by one that would be trying to make a point for the MY HOUSE MATTERS folks.

Because if all houses matter, both houses would be getting water. One would be getting water to extinguish the fire the other would be getting water to protect it from the burning one.

This again shows that we need to understand each other better before we try and force our will upon everyone else.

What you said makes zero sense.

Your house is on fire. You don’t want your house to be on fire. You get the idea that no one else in the neighborhood thinks your house matters.

You yell “My house matters!”

Someone tells you “All houses matter” while your house is burning. Nothing you said indicates that the other house doesn’t matter. Nothing you said tells anyone not to protect the other house from catching fire if the flames get out of control.

Because that’s what eventually will happen if people keep ignoring the problem. People are fighting for their lives, not forcing their will on you.

How is this not clear? How is this divisive?

All you can argue is that the house is not burning. Anything else is not an actual argument.

I will happily let this thread die or get back to the original topic as soon as people start opening their minds and accepting that the solution isn’t pretending we’re all equal already.

There is still work to do, but it appears to be hard to accept if you don’t see the work benefiting you.

• Produced by George Martin. ;)

• @DCJ said:
    I will happily let this thread die or get back to the original topic as soon as people start opening their minds and accepting that the solution isn’t pretending we’re all equal already.

There is still work to do, but it appears to be hard to accept if you don’t see the work benefiting you.

Exactly. If US Equality were a marathon race, then you have white folks a foot from the finish line, before black folks are even allowed to start running.

Shit. It wasn't but 60 years ago that dragging a black person, to DEATH, from the back of a pickup truck would result in roughly the same legal repercussion as stealing a neighbor’s cow.

So they got a hot 55 years of “equality”, and you want them to “Catch Up!!” In that race? To go from squalor and poverty to white picket fences and foie gras in the stretch of one lifetime? GTFOOH.

400 years were STOLEN. We’re only 445 years away from being “even” w/ Black Americans.

• edited February 2018

Zen, you are not arguing in good faith.
    And I feel foolish for trying to engage you when it is clear that you have a worldview that you will do anything to preserve.

Your posts routinely make dismissive comments about black artists and hip-hop; like many aging white guys*, you seem to be particularly enraged by young black men whose jeans sag.

And like a Fox News commentator who bemoans the fact that blacks today are not living up to their benign fantasy of Martin Luther King, you make a big show of praising black artists who are safely in the rearview mirror (who doesn't love Curtis Mayfield?), while harping on "gangsta rap." (A cultural moment, it should be noted, that peaked more than a decade ago.) You expressed weird disgust at "Hispanic exploitation" in pop music. Twice.

You have approvingly quoted Alex Jones (!), Tucker Carlson, and Tommy Sotomayor! (And you even go the extra bigoted mile of referring to Sotomayor as "articulate"!)

I have been contorting myself trying to figure out a way how to engage you, to try to point out the realities of race in America. I'm trying to tell you, you're on the wrong side of history. You're not George Wallace, man. But you're aligning yourself with people who miss him.

* Before anyone gets all upset about making assumptions, it has been well established that Zen is white and old enough to have owned a record collection on vinyl.

• edited February 2018

Oh for gods sakes, Elvis was not racist. I’ve been around family my entire life, including my dad, who knew him decently-to-very well. You can put that to bed.

P.S. Elvis could fucking pour his heart out into a song as well as anyone who ever lived.

• edited February 2018

I love how “frustrated” white folks get about the slightest suggestion of the existence of racism. Cry me a river. “Gosh! I sure am tired of hearing about it!”... then Eric Garner is murdered on the street for selling cigarettes, and the first response is “Well... he WAS breaking the law.” So now cops are approved judges, juries and executioners? And you lose your life over what should’ve amounted to a ticket in his waistband? There is zero empathy for African American persecution, overall, from white America.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018

@Icepulse said:

@DCJ said:

@Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

I’m gonna assume he’s in the UK, and consequently should admit that he doesn’t truly have any real understanding of race relations here in the US, nor does he understand the legitimacy of the #blm movement, and how “All Lives Matter” is the equivalent of the following:

You have a good point here. Many people on this forum come from different parts of the world and every part has it's own history. Problem is that somehow this whole BLM movement is exported throughout the rest of world with literally the same kind of (US) ideology as the US movement. So you really get weird and troubled discussions in all those countries of people adapting those typical American problems and starting to see them also and others that don't see them trying to discuss this.

btw I also understand that the whole BLM thing depends very much on the location where you live in the US.

• edited February 2018

@mannix said:

@Icepulse said:

@DCJ said:

@Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

You have a good point here. Many people on this forum come from different parts of the world and every part has it's own history. Problem is that somehow this whole BLM movement is exported throughout the rest of world with literally the same kind of (US) ideology as the US movement. So you really get weird and troubled discussions in all those countries of people adapting those typical American problems and starting to see them also and others that don't see them trying to discuss this.

btw I also understand that the whole BLM thing depends very much on the location where you live in the US.

+1
    Seems somehow that American ""culture" is still a popular export product in the world and a lot of people just don't understand that something can have an Americam flavour that they just don't understand.

• @mannix said:

@Icepulse said:

@DCJ said:

@Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

As far as your second point is concerned, it depends only on who you are, not where you live or even where you happen to be at any given moment. That is the point I am getting from BLM, anyway.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh for gods sakes, Elvis was not racist. I’ve been around family my entire life, including my dad, who knew him decently-to-very well. You can put that to bed.

P.S. Elvis could fucking pour his heart out into a song as well as anyone who ever lived.

Actually no one in this thread called Elvis a racist, but it seems to be a sticking point nonetheless. Why?

• edited February 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@kobamoto said:

.. doesn't mean he doesn't speak any truth for example when he speaks about drugs in the black community being a bad thing.
    >

Whatever anyone’s personal take on why Tommy Sotomayer says, or how he says it, what I was trying to get across is that some of what he points out concerning problems - however unpalatable it may be - is still right.

Another example which springs to mind, and you may loathe this guy too, is Tucker Carlson. I watched an interview he did with a leading ‘Black Lives Matter’ activist, who just could not/ would not accept that a rally where white sympathisers who wished to attend were told not to turn up, was skewed thinking. According to the activist this was not racist!

All lives matter, as MLK was always keen to emphasise, and we need to work together against the real enemy, which is never defined by just a skin tone.

even a broken clock is right twice a day
    I'm familiar with Tucker Carlsons views, and although I'm not familiar with the interview in question I'm still familiar with that blm activist mindset that you speak of. I don't agree with that mindset at all myself, but what you might want to consider is how many black lives matter rallies you've seen with people of all races, nationalities, and genders in attendance, and you might want to consider the genesis of black lives matter, as well as their mission statement.
    My personal opinion about black lives matter is that there are definitely members in their ranks that are racist, but that in no way means that the mission of the organization is racist any more than it means that the mission of law enforcement/police is racist, in spite of it's many racist members. I separate the two because distinctions are vital, distinctions matter, and who's making or not making those distinctions matters just as much. Tucker Carlson does not want to talk to any non-racist blm members, and he makes no distinctions because his purpose is distraction. He wants you to see him interview someone who mirrors his own ideology from an opposing side, that's why all of his interviews for the most part are with people with his same ideology but a different color skin tone. He's a major, widely known talk show host who could have easily gotten a guest from the black lives matter organization and they could have spent the interview talking about why black lives matter started, what their mission is , and they could have brought black lives matter supporters in from all races into the discussion but that's not what Tucker wants... you'll have to go to youtube to see videos of that.

btw, when MLK spoke of police brutality and terrorism against the black community he spoke of black people, more often colored/negros in his speak... he didn't say anything like 'all lives matter' because when he was addressing police brutality he wasn't saying that police brutality should continue for white people but only black people should not be victims of this type of discrimination.... and nobody ever thought he was implying something as ridiculous as that either.

• @Zen210507 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Elvis by any measure was a good guy and can be considered as seminal figure leading to the Civil Rights era. But you could understand how black Americans might resent someone rising to riches and fame playing “race” music — especially when black artists were excluded from commercial radio.

>

On the other hand, nobody was excluded by Elvis, and he did credit where those songs came from. Because of Elvis, black music was getting heard on mainstream radio. Due to that exposure, Stax and Motown eventually followed.

A lot more songs he sang, incidentally, were written by white middle-aged Jewish folk. AFAIK, no one Jewish ever complained that they were not performing them. ;)

how many of those jewish folk by your account that didn't complain were also banned from the airwaves?, your statement up above is a bit of an oxymoron.... you can't have it both ways, can't say that Elvis helped black people with broadcast inequality and then say jewish people didn't complain as if black people had nothing to complain about...

• encenc
    edited February 2018

@CracklePot said:
    The Beatles probably did suck at playing when they were starting out. Doesn’t everybody? What’s so hard to believe about that, especially considering QJ was comparing their playing to some of the greatest Jazz players ever. Compared to those cats, everybody else will always suck at playing.

quote from John Lennon when asked if Ringo was one of the best drummers in the world ... Lennon replied .. "Ringo isnt even the best drummer in the band " :D

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

Actually no one in this thread called Elvis a racist, but it seems to be a sticking point nonetheless. Why?

It all started with someone bringing up Chuck D. and, like, “WTF was HE talking about?” and onto the dissection of that infamous lyric, which led to defense of Elvis’s legacy, and charges of reverse racism against Chuck D., which then led to John Wayne as a side argument emerged, and then from there...well, you get the picture. ;)
    But yeah, I don’t believe anybody here actually called him a racist. In fact, it seems he is highly respected around here, which is probably as it should be.

• @DCJ said:
    Man. All three of these responses absolutely miss the point and are completely tone deaf.

Black people do not have any real power or ability to exclude white people in any meaningful way. It’s silly to compare white people excluding black people from having a voice to black people wanting to stand on their own.

The “real enemy” depends on your skin tone. That’s not a divisive thing to say, it’s a factual American thing. If you are black or brown, your life is at greater risk. And you want to tell black and brown people to stop playing the race card?

Actually taking the time to explain why saying a bunch of racist things aren’t really that bad is tone deaf, backwards, and disrespectful to the nth degree. The degree to which a racial slur offends is not for those outside the target of said slur to decide. You need only the smallest amount of logic to conclude how absurd that would be.

Most of you who are so critical of identity politics or public enemy or black people have no goddamn idea what it’s like to live in America in that skin. You’re all just making these general assumptions according to what’s comfortable for you without any real knowledge of the obstacles. You’ve let whomever tell you whatever is easiest for you to swallow. You’ve only accepted what fits your experience because you don’t want to make room for the possibility that the world is not as you think it is. Your assumptions marginalize even more. It is not those who speak up who divide us, it is those who speak down without experience and true empathy.

Michael can close this thread and any other in the future for getting too political, but if people are going to talk with such authority on matters they have no clue about, with a complete disregard for the experiencers, I will say something every. single. time. It’s too goddamn important to keep our mouths shut.

I completely understand your sentiments DCJ like 10000000% but.... and I'm not trying to tell you what to think or feel in any way, I'd just like to say that I wouldn't want to sweep anyone under the rug, no matter what kind of person they are. Imho it isn't healthy even when we hear things that hurtful, or feel unhealthy to even listen to. All of us is who we are, I personally feel better having everything out in the open. Pray for unity demand equality.

• @enc said:

@CracklePot said:
    The Beatles probably did suck at playing when they were starting out. Doesn’t everybody? What’s so hard to believe about that, especially considering QJ was comparing their playing to some of the greatest Jazz players ever. Compared to those cats, everybody else will always suck at playing.

quote from John Lennon when asked if Ringo was one of the best drummers in the world ... Lennon replied .. "Ringo isnt even the best drummer in the band " :D

Oh man, what a burn! :D

• edited February 2018

@JudgeDredd said:

@Icepulse said:

this is a detraction, otherwise you would also have a problem addressing childhood obesity, because all obesity matters, or is it that I'd be insulting your intelligence if I assumed that when you talk about childhood obesity you're not in any way simultaneously making the statement that obesity in general doesn't matter.... I hope not.

C'mon now you guys can do better.... and why all the trying to shut down the thread... didn't you read Dune, fear is the mind killer, don't be afraid of this thread. I'm non-threatening and I'm smiling :) this is a safe space.

• @CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

btw who possesses the rights of the beatles songs nowadays? Seems a good investment :)

• @CracklePot said:

@DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

It all started with someone bringing up Chuck D. and, like, “WTF was HE talking about?” and onto the dissection of that infamous lyric, which led to defense of Elvis’s legacy, and charges of reverse racism against Chuck D., which then led to John Wayne as a side argument emerged, and then from there...well, you get the picture. ;)
    But yeah, I don’t believe anybody here actually called him a racist. In fact, it seems he is highly respected around here, which is probably as it should be.

I think I'm the biggest Elvis fan here, but I think the thought of Elvis and Nixon was too much for some to bear.

all I wanted was a pepsi......

• @greengrocer said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

btw who possesses the rights of the beatles songs nowadays? Seems a good investment :)

wasn't it Jackson at one time, did he sell before his passing?

• edited February 2018

@greengrocer said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Paul McCartney Finally Regains Beatles Rights After Near 50-Year-Long Battle - Wednesday July 5th, 2017
    https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/paul-mccartney-beatles-rights-win/

• @enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Maybe, but I was listening back to old Beatles records, recently, (Pre-Rubber Soul), and the rhythm section vs. their contemporaries was night and day. Ringo was thumping hard in a way that put Herman’s Hermits, Hollies, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, et al.... to shame. There’s no other way to put it. The guy’s timing and power really put the early Beatles in a league of their own.

I’ve played the drums for over 25 years, and I admire Ringo’s style. They didn’t call that biopic “Backbeat” for nothing.

• @CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

that is quite a burn hahaha so then who is the best drummer in the Beatles?

• @kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

McCartney ...

• @CracklePot said:

@mannix said:

@Icepulse said:

@DCJ said:

@Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

As far as your second point is concerned, it depends only on who you are, not where you live or even where you happen to be at any given moment. That is the point I am getting from BLM, anyway.

for me this kind of predicament could be applied to any organization, club, or disco :) but what I find is that for some reason when it comes to the blm allot of people don't want to simply go to it's origins, roots, purpose, and mission, mission statement etc....However you don't see this with other organizations for some reason.... if an organization springs up people just seem to naturally go to what ever cause the organization to spring up in the first place, it's usually documented, and they usually announce in writing as well as in media why they've come together, and that's how it's pretty much worked for every organization down through history... heck even isis and other terrorist groups
    but........ when it comes to blm half the people in america simply don't want to do what they've always done and equate the blm right off the bat to the kkk, which is funny cause the people that do that aren't even as angry with the kkk as they are with the blm...... I just tell everybody that false equivalency is the fastest growing religion in america and that it's a true story.

• @kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Yoko, obviously. :p