Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quincy Jones Doesn’t Pull Any Punches

Comments

• edited February 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

It was was quite a few years later that bands like Public Enemy came to life with there rage against anything white (clearly influenced by the punk nti-authoritarianism) and even later you get the whole gangsta movement that was glorifying crime which you again could even see as influenced by the same anti-establisment stance punk took.
    >

Profoundly ignorant. Plus you can't resist allowing PE's fantasy racism to be an original thought, it has to be "clearly influenced" by punk.

• @Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

you are still my favorite on the op-1, I wish you would make more videos though

Thanks, Koba. It’s in for repairs, so I’m focused on the MPC for now.

what broke on the op?

the mpcl is monster I love that thing

The UI board needed replacing, and since the thing is 5 yrs old, I took the opportunity and had the battery replaced.

damn, it didn't cost as much as a new op?

• @Icepulse said:

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

It was was quite a few years later that bands like Public Enemy came to life with there rage against anything white (clearly influenced by the punk nti-authoritarianism) and even later you get the whole gangsta movement that was glorifying crime which you again could even see as influenced by the same anti-establisment stance punk took.
    >

The stupidity of anyone raging against people purely based on skin colour seems to have bypassed Public Enemy and co. It’s a million miles from what MLK preached. Hatred only breeds more hatred.

Not sure your punk influence argument stands up, either. Sure, they challenged corrupted authority and pointless tradition, but did not glorify crime, drugs, or violence against women. So if that is really where Gangstas got thier ideas, then they misunderstood.

Quantifiably false statement about PE. PE is decidedly pro-black, in terms of economic self-sufficiency and positive community action to improve the quality of life for African-Americans, but they were NOT raging against skin color. That’s a remark borne of ignorance, which breeds fear, then hostility. Listen CLOSELY, if you can, to the whole song.

He’s right. I don’t think you understand the genre or the music as well as you think you do. I wonder if you’d reconsider making such sweeping statements? I’m really not saying that to be a dick, I just think you’ve misunderstood certain things.

• @kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

you are still my favorite on the op-1, I wish you would make more videos though

Thanks, Koba. It’s in for repairs, so I’m focused on the MPC for now.

what broke on the op?

the mpcl is monster I love that thing

The UI board needed replacing, and since the thing is 5 yrs old, I took the opportunity and had the battery replaced.

damn, it didn't cost as much as a new op?

$140 with shipping.

• @Icepulse said:

$140 with shipping.

that's crazyyyy, I thought I was going to be able to resist the op, due to the digitakt but I'm finding that is not the case. I know I'm not going to get a new one though and was holding off cause they're getting a bit long in the tooth now, but if this is what it cost to repair one after 5 years ffs that's a good deal. I thought they would surely fleece you. I replaced the innards of my asr10 once and they tried to steal my soul it was nuts.

• Hook-Line and Sinker

• what genre is this?

• @kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

$140 with shipping.

that's crazyyyy, I thought I was going to be able to resist the op, due to the digitakt but I'm finding that is not the case. I know I'm not going to get a new one though and was holding off cause they're getting a bit long in the tooth now, but if this is what it cost to repair one after 5 years ffs that's a good deal. I thought they would surely fleece you. I replaced the innards of my asr10 once and they tried to steal my soul it was nuts.

There will never be an OP-2.

• I don't think so either... was talking to the devs and they visually cringe at the request of a few more sample editing tools...I don't think they even want to make an op-2 no matter how successful it would be, their on their own sh*t thats' cool. I'm gonna have to find a used one at a good price. I'm trying to get a mellotron and it's taking forever to get there

• edited February 2018

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

$140 with shipping.

Enjoying using the one I have here. I can think of lots of other things I’d rather spend £800 on though.

Not that shocked about the 5 year thing - iPads are nearly as much, a lot more including apps, and are pretty useless after 5 years.

OP1’s are a bit like VW campers though, they just keep going up in price.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

OP1’s are a bit like VW campers though, they just keep going up in price.

Ha! That is the most perfect analogy ever.

• I just thought it would cost way more than that for those kind of repairs, I'm like you Monzo I hate wasting money.. don't know what the heck either of us are doing with iPad stuff cause we've spent plenty haha

• @Icepulse said:
    Quantifiably false statement about PE. PE is decidedly pro-black, in terms of economic self-sufficiency and positive community action to improve the quality of life for African-Americans, but they were NOT raging against skin color. That’s a remark borne of ignorance, which breeds fear, then hostility.

This. A lot of early hip-hop was about the plight of minorities and life in the ghetto, but a lot of it was about having a good time and forgetting your troubles, too.

• edited February 2018

@Icepulse said:
    Just to touch on how stuff comes back around; a lot of current producers in hip hop that are touted as “innovative” or “forward-thinking” are simply going places, rhythmically, that we’re explored back in the 90’s and aughts by groups like Mouse On Mars, Manitoba, Squarepusher, etc. that stuff was considered “weird” by mainstream (and even underground) hip hop listeners, back then. But when Kanye repackages it, 15 years later, it’s “groundbreaking”.

Squarepusher especially was heavily influenced by these cats, lot of hip hop heads were into drum and bass, one of dnb's biggest influences was hip hop.

• @mister_rz said:

@Icepulse said:
    Just to touch on how stuff comes back around; a lot of current producers in hip hop that are touted as “innovative” or “forward-thinking” are simply going places, rhythmically, that we’re explored back in the 90’s and aughts by groups like Mouse On Mars, Manitoba, Squarepusher, etc. that stuff was considered “weird” by mainstream (and even underground) hip hop listeners, back then. But when Kanye repackages it, 15 years later, it’s “groundbreaking”.

Squarepusher especially was heavily influenced by these cats, lot of hip hop heads were into drum and bass, one of dnb's biggest influences was hip hop.

It’s like a freakin’ Moebius strip!

• @DCJ said:

@Icepulse said:

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

>

The stupidity of anyone raging against people purely based on skin colour seems to have bypassed Public Enemy and co. It’s a million miles from what MLK preached. Hatred only breeds more hatred.

Not sure your punk influence argument stands up, either. Sure, they challenged corrupted authority and pointless tradition, but did not glorify crime, drugs, or violence against women. So if that is really where Gangstas got thier ideas, then they misunderstood.

Quantifiably false statement about PE. PE is decidedly pro-black, in terms of economic self-sufficiency and positive community action to improve the quality of life for African-Americans, but they were NOT raging against skin color. That’s a remark borne of ignorance, which breeds fear, then hostility. Listen CLOSELY, if you can, to the whole song.

He’s right. I don’t think you understand the genre or the music as well as you think you do. I wonder if you’d reconsider making such sweeping statements? I’m really not saying that to be a dick, I just think you’ve misunderstood certain things.

This the correct way to do it. I'm wrong and I responded emotionally. It does not good to yell at someone that they're wrong about something, seizing the high ground and acting superior. I apologize. It's not the way to foster understanding.

• @CracklePot said:

@mister_rz said:

@Icepulse said:

It’s like a freakin’ Moebius strip!

:D Which reminds me I still have to pick that up

• @Icepulse said:

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

>

No problem with listening to PE. I certainly believe that a lot of tracks are really powerful from the energy side. And this I also refered to as a came up with the comparison with punk. For me it has the same type of rage.

The be honest, I could be mistaken about the deeper goals of PE and what they did for the black community, but one line from Fight the Power:
    Elvis was a hero to most but he
    never meant shit to me. You see
    Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain
    Motherfuck him and John Wayne

What you think of Elvis is one thing, but he certainly wasn't a racist, although there are many fake rumors of so called racist remarks including the infamous 'Shine my shoes' they have all been debunked as fake. Next to that he credited black artists. Besides that he had many black friends that he treated at that time as equals which was special especially in the part the US where he was living.
    So you could turn it around and say what is PE saying about the white boy Elvis...

As for punk and violence. Punk had a lot of sides, one was left wing political (example Crass), another was right wing racist (Nazi punks), besides you had fun punkbands (Lurkers) and of course there were de Sex Pistols themselves who invited Ronnie Biggs after Vicious commited the glorious act of suicide. So you certainly cannot say it was critique on society in punk rock.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

>

Profoundly ignorant. Plus you can't resist allowing PE's fantasy racism to be an original thought, it has to be "clearly influenced" by punk.

I feel the same kind of energy in recording of Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedy's as in Public Enemy. So hence I see clearly a punk influence. Furthermore I see this not as a problem. My point is. Everybody is inspired by something nowadays. And in the music industry there are clear rules, when you talk about plagiarize you go to court and win or loose. This whole cultural appropriation thing just goes beyond me.

• @greengrocer said:
    The be honest, I could be mistaken about the deeper goals of PE and what they did for the black community, but one line from Fight the Power:
    Elvis was a hero to most but he
    never meant shit to me. You see
    Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain
    Motherfuck him and John Wayne

What you think of Elvis is one thing, but he certainly wasn't a racist, although there are many fake rumors of so called racist remarks including the infamous 'Shine my shoes' they have all been debunked as fake. Next to that he credited black artists. Besides that he had many black friends that he treated at that time as equals which was special especially in the part the US where he was living.
    So you could turn it around and say what is PE saying about the white boy Elvis...

• @kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

$140 with shipping.

that's crazyyyy, I thought I was going to be able to resist the op, due to the digitakt...

Define "due to the digitakt". As in you already own a digitakt? If so, would you consider a trade? I have an op1 with low mileage.

• @greengrocer said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

>

I feel the same kind of energy in recording of Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedy's as in Public Enemy. So hence I see clearly a punk influence. Furthermore I see this not as a problem. My point is. Everybody is inspired by something nowadays. And in the music industry there are clear rules, when you talk about plagiarize you go to court and win or loose. This whole cultural appropriation thing just goes beyond me.

I find it a bit problematic that your statements start off being presented as history, but when challenged are downgraded to assumptions and feelings.

• @DCJ said:

@greengrocer said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Zen210507 said:

@greengrocer said:

>

I find it a bit problematic that your statements start off being presented as history, but when challenged are downgraded to assumptions and feelings.

:sweat_smile:

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

$140 with shipping.

that's crazyyyy, I thought I was going to be able to resist the op, due to the digitakt...

Define "due to the digitakt". As in you already own a digitakt? If so, would you consider a trade? I have an op1 with low mileage.

Take it, Koba.

• edited February 2018

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

$140 with shipping.

:D no way brother, the digitakt is staying til my dying days for sure, because of the digi I have no wish for an octatrack or rytm anymore....it's just the right amount of elektron in the right spot. What I meant was that it doesn't feel like the op-1 and I thought I was going to be able to get on by but this is not the case, my needs are like. puzzle and the op-1 will fit right in place. I do have a maschine for sale though , you can see the pics/info over in the market place

• edited February 2018

I wonder what Elvis and Nixon had in common

I've seen every Elvis movie 50 times, had every Elvis record, also had every P.E. record
    also seen every John Wayne movie over and over as well as every single Clint Eastwood movie on constant repeat
    maybe they are all racist but I've still enjoyed their art.... what does chuck D. have in common with Louis Farrakhan?
    I do believe that people can change, and I have distinctly seen a change in chuck d over the years. Professor griff racist?... I think so.... ymmv

• @greengrocer said:

Icelpulse in response said:

That’s a remark borne of ignorance, which breeds fear, then hostility.

Yet, PE did feel the need to call two of the most famous, iconic white Americans racists, in ‘Fight the Power.’ Not sure what was going on there.

...Sex Pistols themselves who invited Ronnie Biggs after Vicious commited the glorious act of suicide. So you certainly cannot say it was critique on society in punk rock.

>

By that time, Biggs had long been revealed as the ‘tea boy’ of the Great Train Robbery, not the mastermind. A kind of reverse folk hero, for having escaped justice. While ‘No One is Innocent’ was mostly a publicity stunt, Punk critiquing society definitely happened, with several bands. Just a few songs that instantly spring to mind are:

Babylon’s Burning - The Ruts
    God Save the Queen - The Sex Pistols
    Complete Control - The Clash
    California Uber Alles - The Dead Kennedy’s
    Shot by Both Sides - Magazine
    Sound of the Suburbs - The Members

• edited February 2018

apparently he was calling a spade a spade in regards to John Wayne.