Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• La Vuelta ciclista a España

• @Tarekith said:
    House of the Dragon. I love it so far. Not having to try next fit in a ton of content from the books into a much shorter format feels like the pacing is a lot better. You never feel like there’s a lot not being shown due to lack of time.

And more dragons are never a bad thing.

I like it too. It’s well done but I gotta funny feeling it’s just going to be more of the same, albeit well produced and written.

But where are the truly groundbreaking shows of today? I look around and nothing seems to be that interesting.

• Watched ‘Bessie’ the bio of Bessie Smith last night. Some really good performances, but what a crappy script!

• @FastGhost said:

This is the best thing I've seen in ages.

Haha. Amazing!

• @db909 said:

@Tarekith said:
    House of the Dragon. I love it so far. Not having to try next fit in a ton of content from the books into a much shorter format feels like the pacing is a lot better. You never feel like there’s a lot not being shown due to lack of time.

I like it too. It’s well done but I gotta funny feeling it’s just going to be more of the same, albeit well produced and written.

But where are the truly groundbreaking shows of today? I look around and nothing seems to be that interesting.

Severance.

• Yep.

@FastGhost said:

@db909 said:

@Tarekith said:

Severance.

Uh huh.

The Dropout. Amanda Seyfried is a force of nature. Her transformation is impressive.
    I was a little put off initially. I thought… a bit forced. Really picks up steam.
    So I Googled and lo a true story.
    Couple of episodes to go.

• I really wanted to like the Old Man. But the thing is I get really frustrated with stories that are told largely in flashbacks. I signed up for The Old Man and I felt like they were giving me The Young Man. And that actor didn’t help juxtaposed with Jeff Bridges.

As for Severance, I hear great things, but that premise just makes me uncomfortable lol.

• @db909 said:
    I really wanted to like the Old Man. But the thing is I get really frustrated with stories that are told largely in flashbacks. I signed up for The Old Man and I felt like they were giving me The Young Man. And that actor didn’t help juxtaposed with Jeff Bridges.

As for Severance, I hear great things, but that premise just makes me uncomfortable lol.

Definitely give it a try. There is a lot of humor there that I think you’ll appreciate.

• edited September 2022

@FastGhost said:

Subscribed to that channel. Possibly the best model making video ever with the acerbic commentary.

And in a similar vein, this is a fantastic channel if you like miniature sets and effects they used to make for movies:

https://www.youtube.com/user/piercefilm/videos

• @Ben said:

@db909 said:
    I really wanted to like the Old Man. But the thing is I get really frustrated with stories that are told largely in flashbacks. I signed up for The Old Man and I felt like they were giving me The Young Man. And that actor didn’t help juxtaposed with Jeff Bridges.

Definitely give it a try. There is a lot of humor there that I think you’ll appreciate.

If for no other reason, watch it for the “Waffle Party!”

• @FastGhost said:

That keeps pop up on my home page. Planning on watching it.

• @Tarekith said:
    House of the Dragon. I love it so far. Not having to try and fit in a ton of content from the books into a much shorter format feels like the pacing is a lot better. You never feel like there’s a lot not being shown due to lack of time.

Definitely a lot less complex, but in a good way. I loved the original but some I know she’d away from it because of the vast amount of info involved.

• edited September 2022

Dune, the recent movie is absolutely phenomenal. They’ve already started on Dune 2 which is basically the second half of the book.

I’m Currently doing the audiobook and it’s great, like 10-12 different people doing characters. Well done.

• The new Dune movie is AWESOME, I was so happy with the way they did it. Can't wait for the next one!

• @Tarekith said:
    The new Dune movie is AWESOME, I was so happy with the way they did it. Can't wait for the next one!

Denis Villaneuve is a miracle of a director. He was able to dig deeply into Dune and bring out details from the text that never occurred to me since I first read it back in the early 80s. He's very respectful of the original material but somehow he still managed to make it feel contemporary.

• I have to admit, I’m a little underwhelmed by The Rings Of Power so far. Lots of pretty scenery but still a pretty slow story.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Nathan Fielder also produces How To With John Wilson, which is also really great and unique.

I preferred How To over both Nathan’s shows - I enjoyed The Rehearsal, but didn’t find it funny really, more of an interesting social experiment.

House of Dragons - I thought I was done with fantasy/dragon stuff after GOT & not interested. But my wife wanted to see it, so I watched. I thought the first episode was only so-so, but the 2nd ep was much better and now I’m looking forward to the rest!!

@NeuM said:

@Tarekith said:
    The new Dune movie is AWESOME, I was so happy with the way they did it. Can't wait for the next one!

Denis Villaneuve is a miracle of a director. He was able to dig deeply into Dune and bring out details from the text that never occurred to me since I first read it back in the early 80s. He's very respectful of the original material but somehow he still managed to make it feel contemporary.

Don’t forget to check out Sicario also directed by Dennis - one of my favourite movies of the past several years.

• edited September 2022

I have come to absolutely despise Marvel movies and most any superhero style-comic movie. BUT! I am a sucker for the She-Hulk lead actress, who is so unexplainably attractive and magnetic. I’m also a sucker for Mark Ruffalo’s “safe, nice guy” schtick since 13 going on 30.

So I gave the first three eps a twirl and so far it is a light, fluffy delight. The tone is pitch-perfect. Definitely gonna continue watching.

Also just saw Top Gun 2, but that could turn into a novel given how much the original meant to me and even helped define my personality back in literal preschool. I will just leave it at I don’t think there is any possible way they could’ve improved on a sequel made 35 years years later.

• edited September 2022

Does anyone have any good, truly funny comedy movies to recommend from the last 5 years or so? I love light-hearted, low stakes 80s romps and much prefer good clean fun to this more modern Apatowian string-of-obscenities climate. I don’t pay too much attention to tv or movies, but it seems like feature film comedies are a suffering breed. Barb and Star with Kristen Wiig was the last one I enjoyed.

Also welcome any good completely absurd farces in the Leslie Nielsen vein, modern or classic. Nothing cracks me up like a string of zany non sequiturs.

• edited September 2022

@Tarekith said:
    I have to admit, I’m a little underwhelmed by The Rings Of Power so far. Lots of pretty scenery but still a pretty slow story.

The visuals generally look pretty good for a streaming show, but the dialogue is abysmal. Far too contemporary and disrespects the original style of Tolkien. What I liked about the Peter Jackson series was the care and respect for the original material. I sort of wanted someone to make a movie or several movies covering The Silmarillion book, but I'm not sure those with the money to do it have the taste or capability these days.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Does anyone have any good, truly funny comedy movies to recommend from the last 5 years or so? I love light-hearted, low stakes 80s romps and much prefer good clean fun to this more modern Apatowian string-of-obscenities climate. I don’t pay too much attention to tv or movies, but it seems like feature film comedies are a suffering breed. Barb and Star with Kristen Wiig was the last one I enjoyed.

Also welcome any good completely absurd farces in the Leslie Nielsen vein, modern or classic. Nothing cracks me up like a string of zany non sequiturs.

Honestly, no. If you want that style of movie, stick with the movies made in the 80s. One movie from 1993 which serves as one of those 80's styled movies is "The Last Action Hero", which got a bad rap when it came out but it's actually not bad.

• edited September 2022

@oat_phipps said:
    I have come to absolutely despise Marvel movies and most any superhero style-comic movie. BUT! I am a sucker for the She-Hulk lead actress, who is so unexplainably attractive and magnetic. I’m also a sucker for Mark Ruffalo’s “safe, nice guy” schtick since 13 going on 30.

So I gave the first three eps a twirl and so far it is a light, fluffy delight. The tone is pitch-perfect. Definitely gonna continue watching.

Also just saw Top Gun 2, but that could turn into a novel given how much the original meant to me and even helped define my personality back in literal preschool. I will just leave it at I don’t think there is any possible way they could’ve improved on a sequel made 35 years years later.

Taste is so subjective, which is why it's nearly impossible to recommend anything to another person and have it be loved/liked equally. A friend, who is a woman, told me she thought the She-Hulk actress looked like a troll and she hated the character. LOL. (Shrug)

And I haven't seen Top Gun 2, but it seems to well liked. I plan to see it once it hits the "free" movie services. I know of few living actors willing to commit to a part like Tom Cruise, who seems to be willing to risk his life on every action movie he makes.

• edited September 2022

@NeuM said:

@oat_phipps said:

Taste is so subjective, which is why it's nearly impossible to recommend anything to another person and have it be loved/liked equally. A friend, who is a woman, told me she thought the She-Hulk actress looked like a troll and she hated the character. LOL. (Shrug)

And I haven't seen Top Gun 2, but it seems to well liked. I plan to see it once it hits the "free" movie services. I know of few living actors willing to commit to a part like Tom Cruise, who seems to be willing to risk his life on every action movie he makes.

https://serieshd.watch/watch-movie/watch-top-gun-maverick-hd-5448

I use that site on my iPad and never had anything but the one small popup to close out and then boom. No registration. Non-cam full HD is up now with no hard-encoded subtitles.

Nuts or not in personal life, I don’t give a damn. Tom Cruise is the man. He knows exactly what people want and how to deliver it.

• @NeuM said:

@oat_phipps said:

Honestly, no. If you want that style of movie, stick with the movies made in the 80s. One movie from 1993 which serves as one of those 80's styled movies is "The Last Action Hero", which got a bad rap when it came out but it's actually not bad.

Yes! I LOVED Last Action Hero when it came out. Must’ve watched a taped vhs of it every day in like summer ‘94. It was wayyy ahead of its time and its surprising how many people misunderstood it. “Got to catch the red eye!”

• I have to admit, I thought Top Gun 2 was excellent. Cheesy and not realistic, but a fun action movie and I think they did a great job given how old the original was. Loved the fact that the opening scene was almost shot for shot the same as the first one but just updated.

• Ok, the only true tragedy is they didn’t reuse “Playin’ With The Boys” for the beach football scene like they did “Danger Zone” for the intro. And the Lady Gaga song is pure schlock, especially compared to the beauty that is “Take My Breath Away.” Way to spend five minutes cranking out a song. And The Who for the millionth time during the practice hops instead of Cheap Trick “Mighty Wings.” And Zimmer really botched his variations on the Faltermeyer themes and really missed a couple of opportunities to call back to Faltermeyer’s “Memories”, which is an absolute stunner of a track. Not surprising for Zimmer, though, never really liked him. I’ll be glad when “Booooooooom” stops being a score trope.

So, other than dropping the ball on creating another iconic soundtrack (or at least using a couple more classic Faltermeyer DX7 retreads), the movie was amazing. I can’t believe it turned out as well as it did, and a small part of my life feels complete now that I’ve seen it. Tom Cruise is the man.

• @oat_phipps said:

One of my favorite movies of all time What We Do in the Shadows. Maybe more then five years but a must watch movie, anything by Taika Watiti. Ie. Boy, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, etc…

The Grand Budapest and the French dispatch are two more amazing movies, again anything by Wes Anderson is smart and funny.

Death of Stalin, very very funny.

The Nice Guys is a good funny crime caper.

• edited September 2022

@NeuM said:

@Tarekith said:

Totally even down to the feelings and senses Paul has… brilliant film.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@oat_phipps said:

One of my favorite movies of all time What We Do in the Shadows. Maybe more then five years but a must watch movie, anything by Taika Watiti. Ie. Boy, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, etc…

The Grand Budapest and the French dispatch are two more amazing movies, again anything by Wes Anderson is smart and funny.

Death of Stalin, very very funny.

The Nice Guys is a good funny crime caper.

I don't think it did very well at the box office, but I agree The Nice Guys was one of my favorite movies the year it came out.

• edited September 2022

@oat_phipps said:

I am a sucker for the She-Hulk lead actress, who is so unexplainably attractive and magnetic.

As for the She-Hulk lead lady (Tatiana Maslany), she played half dozen or so leading characters in the Orphan Black series which I couldn't stop watching because of that. I didn't like the She Hulk trailers though.

Does anyone have any good, truly funny comedy movies to recommend from the last 5 years or so?

It's probably over the 5-year mark but if you have not seen it, try Four Lions - a painfully funny English comedic take on Islamic terrorism (yes, really) .

Just checked, it's from 2010.