Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cannabis: Help or hindrance?

Comments

• Not recommended if you’ve got to play bass after. So I’ve heard.

• Drugs are bad. Substance abuse is bad. Not the end of the world, just bad. Best to limit addictions.

I'm seriously addicted to music though. You may snicker, but it's a problem. I've tried giving it up for years, as it takes up to much time. No chance, it's exactly the same thing as chemicals, as it releases endorphins, which you become addicted to. I'm also addicted to running (same thing), but that hasn't consumed all my time. Theres' also the 'zone' that is disconcerting. Keith Richards said it: "Music is a millions times more addicting than heroin".

I need help :D

I think I'll pass on any more monkeys. :D

• There is no instance in which being deceived can be of help.

• Marijuana waiting for the stop sign to change.

• edited October 2018

245 comments... you guys sure are passionate about the subject.
    Btw, if anyone knows any good deals...

(and Hemingway had a saying I think applies here: write drunk, edit sober)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I have recently quit smoking and after an initial phase of bad sleep, low appetite, dulled emotions and lack of desire to make noises which had me fearing that my creative urges would never fully return to 'normal', I have been pleasantly surprised to find that over the past few days I am getting a lot done.

You can probably guess from the above text that my relationship with the plant has been a long term one, although I don't really regret it too much apart from financially and it definitely made me more introverted after a smoke. I didn't stop for health reasons, just couldn't justify the expense anymore.

I have been going through hundreds of ideas and sketches since stopping, most of them were 4am noodlings that I don't remember making! Luckily many apps have automatically saved this stuff and I am looking forward to expanding some of these weird ideas, many are terrible but the ones that aren't I'm not sure if I would have made them with a clear head.

Very curious to hear about others opinions and experiences on this subject...

I can give you my perspective. As a rock musician,smoking put to get creative was a widespread habit in my musical peer group, and it was widely thought that it really got the creative juices cooking and was a huge benefit to the process of writing music and a creativity booster.

I believed this myself for a long time until around 30-35, being high all the time stopped being fun. I'm not sure what happened, but my body kept telling me to quit. So I've quit for extended periods of time, and these days I enjoy being sober most often and smoke a little weed occasionally in the form of a vape pen.

What I found when I quit might surprise you. So it turns out, pot did give me a very quick spike in creativity , like going from 0 to 60 in a sports car, vs in a minivan. But that spike lasted 20 minutes tops before it started to die down and then I would start to get tired or burnt out, which is the come-down effect of marijuana. Some combat this with smoking more,(which creates a small spike that dies even more quickly) others with caffeine or worse.
    So on a graph... my creativity freshly high.......huge spike and a fairly rapid decline compared to the graph when I'm not smoking and sober as fuck.

On the second graph, the incline to super creativity is much slower. A slow ramp that eventually peaks somewhere between 10 minutes and an hour, but get this....that peak lasts for much longer and the ramp can actually continue to increase steadily until actual fatigue and low blood sugar from lack of food kicks in.

So it can take longer to warm up and get cooking, but the magic carpet ride lasts much longer, meaning ultimately , creatively speaking, I'm maybe 5 to 10 time more creative sober, it just takes longer to get there...except on those magical days where all the stars are aligned and warm up isn't even needed.

• Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 💎

• @pedro said:
    245 comments... you guys sure are passionate about the subject.
    Btw, if anyone knows any good deals...

(and Hemingway had a saying I think applies here: write drunk, edit sober)

I met a biggish name who said that they smoke just once before working on an album, listening to the things currently inspiring them, and then once again months later laying back and listening to their own rough cut before doing the final editing and mixing.

• @Kühl said:
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 💎

Dungeon Master Tea ☕️🤮😨😰😱🤩

• @AudioGus said:

@Kühl said:
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 💎

Dungeon Master Tea ☕️🤮😨😰😱🤩

lol

• This may be of relevance to the thread, could even be a few ‘finds’ among the tracks posted; “These 10 lo-fi music tracks will calm you down at work or when bad drivers kill your mood in traffic”

“Since the early 2010's, slew of "bedroom musicians" have been churning out iconic chilled out, mellow beats interspersed with samples from anime films and natural ambience......These tracks have over millions of views on YouTube alone and have begun to have a huge following due to their ability to calm people's nerves”

https://sea.mashable.com/entertainment/928/these-10-lo-fi-music-tracks-will-calm-you-down-at-work-or-wh

Interesting that it’s really big in Japan

• @Telstar5 said:
    Great article about how pot destroys your life https://www.facebook.com/1450485077/posts/10215975999980090/

Only if you are on Facebook- which ironically has itself been accused of destroying lives- by many reputable sources- including its former presidents.

But yes- why mess about with your one and only unique and beautiful sophisticated and creative mind? Most people who are constant pot smokers will find wizard (in their heads) ways of justifying it to themselves. Surely at least we owe it to the ones we love to be ourselves instead of constantly fantasising within a cloud of hashish? Is the world and it’s inhabitants not enough for your pleasure?.....

“Every living creature on this planet, has a conscious subjective perspective of the world. The plants may seem to us as standing indifferent to the human sufferings, but even they have their own unique mental universe. They have their own way of interacting with the environment.”
    ― Abhijit Naskar, What is Mind?

.......... and you don’t see hash plants smoking each other do you? I bet you have never heard of a hash plant cannibal party ....... maybe we could take a lesson from them....

• Life is all about balance and moderation
    Internet ruined my life
    Cannabis saved it

• 1000% help. Creativity booster for me for sure

• Depends on how it’s used. Abusing it is probably bad. Taking (literally) one hit semi-daily improves my attitude, perspective, and ability to express gratitude. I can’t explain why, evidently there’s something wrong with me.

But rather than pay a shrink to tell me just that and prescribe me drugs I’m unfamiliar with, I choose to go with what I’m comfortable and familiar with, and has worked for 30 years.

• I think it's time I'll give my straight-forward opinion. It's all a matter of wrangling in my often-wandering attention and calming down to open the flood gates of creativity. After trying just about everything else, I found out that occasionally vaping eliquid with low levels of nicotine takes just the right amount of edge off. I don't get spaced out nor slowed down.

(Don't worry, I'm not going to start wearing a douchey fedora nor grow a long neck beard. :lol: )

• edited October 2018

@AnalogCortex said:
    Depends on how it’s used. Abusing it is probably bad. Taking (literally) one hit semi-daily improves my attitude, perspective, and ability to express gratitude. I can’t explain why, evidently there’s something wrong with me.

But rather than pay a shrink to tell me just that and prescribe me drugs I’m unfamiliar with, I choose to go with what I’m comfortable and familiar with, and has worked for 30 years.

Its funny. For me, just one hit means that in about an hour i start to lose focus and interest in stuff. Basically when the effects start to wear off is what gives the negative effects of apathy, lack of focus etc and i need to smoke more every like 45min to 1.5 hours to counter it or not smoke at all. Or well, a small hit in the morning before work doesent do this really

• Some here are against marijuana, telling that it can destroy your life. I am the one who is sure that some people need to have a chance to have a normal life. I've read a lot of articles on https://cannasos.com/ with medical reports that prove I am right.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Weed is for losers.
    Cocaine and prostitutes are for the winners!
    :D

• @arethamorce said:
    I've been suffering from back pain for almost 7 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only takes the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this blimburnseeds.com/grandaddy-purple

The legal cheap oil you get in UK health shops does the job for my back and dodgy shoulder, though obviously without the ‘fun factor’.

• @CracklePot said:
    Weed is for losers.
    Cocaine and prostitutes are for the winners!
    :D

True, cocaine is great, but it's just too dangerous and expensive to slip into when you're not actually making a good living off of music. But I can totally understand how and why it fueled some of the greatest recordings (and the 80s, which everyone seems so fond of, me included).

As far as prostitutes go, I prefer whores.

• Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

• Yeah while on marihuana I always had this strange trips like thought rushing through my heads and incredible
    amount of insights and funny ideas. I had so many ideas while stones that I was laughing all the time.
    It was incredible and crazy but since I started reading The Power Of Now I don't use drugs anymore.
    I had a terrible long term depression and I don't want to come back to that bad state anymore.
    Part of that state could be possibly a reason of smoking too much and getting down but I don't believe it
    is a conspiracy my parents tell me. Drugs are cool but I don't know how are they in the term of awareness.
    While smoking marihuana I undoubtedly felt insane and crazy. It was cool. I had many new experiences
    and I was having new ideas about my life. That's why sometimes I got paranoid. When thought rushed
    in a wrong direction it could become kind of paranoia lol - very unpleasant. My friend told me that you
    can actually control it but I never could. It always took control over me either good or bad.

The question is: are you, while stoned still yourself? My answer is: no your not. You "become" the drug lol.
    In my case being stoned was so strong (I'm very sensitive to drugs) that it was a feeling like someone else
    suddenly arrived on my place. So think about it lol!

• @AudioGus said:
    I found THC could be either at different times. Currently only using CBD oil for pain and inflammation. Works fantastic. Doubt I will bother with THC again.

@AudioGus said:
    I found THC could be either at different times. Currently only using CBD oil for pain and inflammation. Works fantastic. Doubt I will bother with THC again.

• 1 Corinthians 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    1 Corinthians 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

I be that fool that asketh, “Wut u mean, ‘defile’?”

• @Ripper7620

Genesis 1:29

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;

• edited May 2019

@CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:

My own thoughts and words are like a dull rusty pocket knife, so I turn to scripture for explanation, which is a finely honed sword, cutting to the very heart of the matter.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.