Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cannabis: Help or hindrance?

Comments

• edited September 2022

It all depends on your situation. Sometimes marijuana becomes the only treatment. I had a terrible anxiety issue. Medical marijuana has helped me cure my anxiety. Tbh, it was a long journey. I have a close friend who works as a doctor at https://marijuanadoctor.com/. She’s been with me from the very first moment until my recovery. Long story short, I still take CBD sometimes before going to bed. It helps me normally sleep after working hard. Still, it happens rarely. So, that’s it. Best wishes, folks.

• Both. I used to find it great for really loose improvisations, but it’s definitely a hindrance when trying to sight read or figure out something by ear.

• My brain makes up music when I get to a specific high, crystal clear, all sorts of genres. All except the ones I work in. These days I tend to only really use it to be able to sleep.

• Both. It helps me focus, concentrate, chill a bit. But ultimately leads to frequent severe headaches/migraines. No good for me unfortunately.

• edited October 2022

Both. Usually helps, puts me in a focused creative mood, but sometimes not. Depends on the strain.

• I’d say help. I stopped smoking 15 years ago. But when I was using, I was stronger, faster, and I looked 15 years younger too. Do I need to go on?

• Man, they don't make em like this anymore.

Anyways, I tried a weed edible during the day. It made me laugh at the dumbest shit, and I couldn't concentrate worth a damn since it played into my ADHD, but it was pretty fun. 😅 So, for me it's a hindrance to my creative process, but weed is good for helping me fall asleep at night.

See, I have anxiety, and I used to take 1mg lorazepam and Tylenol PM to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. Now? I don't need that shit. One edible, and I'm out like a light within an hour.

• edited October 2022

I just commented on the other CBD thread about THC and anxiety… Seems like it’s weed day.
    Reading your comments here it’s wild how different people react to the same substance. In my case THC is an anxiety superpower and multiplier.
    I used to smoke a lot and felt great and under control. Until at a certain point in my life it just changed, the effects reversed. It’s crazy. If that can happen on one brain instance, imagine the differences between different brains.
    The subconscious is a very powerful thing. It seems like some people have better doors and locks than others. Or it might be that the hinges and locks wear out over time. Or that what you inadvertently store behind those doors are now tigers instead of cute kittens.
    In very non-technical terms and based on personal experience, if your subconscious is not in mint condition, weed or any THC product becomes a risky roulette. And since this can change over time, you might find yourself smoking weed to calm yourself when you’re actually making it worse. I did that for a long time. I miss weed/cannabis when making music!. I don’t think you make better music but it’s more immersive. Unless you’re tinkering with Drambo or routing some midi fx lfo , do that first and then light it up 🙃

• When I had to buy it illegally and had little control over what kind I got, I would definitely run across certain strains that made me feel anxious or make me feel really out there. Now that I have access to medical stuff legally, I have been able to find what kind of strains work for best for me for what I need it for and have had a lot of success with that. It’s wild how much the high can vary just with the strain you’re using at the time

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    When I had to buy it illegally and had little control over what kind I got, I would definitely run across certain strains that made me feel anxious or make me feel really out there. Now that I have access to medical stuff legally, I have been able to find what kind of strains work for best for me for what I need it for and have had a lot of success with that. It’s wild how much the high can vary just with the strain you’re using at the time

Indeed! Here in Canada it's all legal, and I've found a strain that gently puts my into a headspace I quite like. But getting there of course meant sampling other strains, some of which really yanked up my anxieties. Now, as to whether or not I create better music while high, not necessarily, but it does get the ideas flowing...

• Finally, some common sense from the White House. Now if only they can start calling it “cannabis”, which is its actual name…..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/29/marijuana-name-cannabis-racism

• edited October 2022

For me weed is a double edged sword
    On the one side it helps me with anxiety and makes me relaxed/gives me a lot of inspiration
    On the other side makes my brain really fuzzy and I can’t concentrate which leads to technical mistakes which is then pretty frustrating
    Once I managed to delete my whole project when I was high and I don’t fucking know how I did it Man I was pissed I was short from throwing my iPad out of the window
    Since then I smoke weed very rarely and I only paint which somehow seems to work better because I don’t need to concentrate so much

• @amethystswitch said:
    On the one side it helps me with anxiety and makes me relaxed/gives me a lot of inspiration
    On the other side makes my brain really fuzzy and I can’t concentrate which leads to technical mistakes which is then pretty frustrating
    Once I managed to delete my whole project when I was high and I don’t fucking know how I did it Man I was pissed I was short from throwing my iPad out of the window
    Since then I smoke weed very rarely and I only paint which somehow seems to work better because I don’t need to concentrate so much

All about the strain type, ie Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, as well as the terpenes that are most prominent in that strain. If you go to a site like Leafly, Wikileaf, etc.. you can find the strains you might like best based off the symptoms you are trying to cure, symptoms you want to avoid, effects you are looking for, etc.. even lots of reviews as well. See this chart for some detailed terpene info.

• @amethystswitch said:

>

Same here. I can sink into the pocket on weed, but cannot count bars or remember where I am. I become totally reliant on ears, which is good for some things but makes many other things impossible.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@amethystswitch said:

All about the strain type, ie Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, as well as the terpenes that are most prominent in that strain. If you go to a site like Leafly, Wikileaf, etc.. you can find the strains you might like best based off the symptoms you are trying to cure, symptoms you want to avoid, effects you are looking for, etc.. even lots of reviews as well. See this chart for some detailed terpene info.

This gives me astrology vibes.

• That chart is legit. Since its been medical here, picking the right strain makes a huge difference. Like if some were in edibles you could fool people(not that I would). Some of the sativa is like green crack and then some indica are heavy eyed KO in a chill way. So many uses and also if you think its like how it was when you were a kid, its totally different now. Hail the herb with so many uses.

• Delta 8 is interesting too.

• Not sure really. Our old band jam sessions used to start off lively, upbeat and tight. Then we'd take a halftime break in my mate's shed with a bong or a bucket. The second half was always down tempo dub and other aimless meandering wanderings and extremely loose! 🤣

However, experiences whilst away from music, always resulted in much more inspiration and interesting experimentation with a more open mind when I next returned to some music making.

It might be a bit of a physical hinderence at the time for making music, but it does open and loosen the imagination mentally for when making music afterwards.

That was always my take on it. Don't do it anymore though. I did enough things back then to leave a permanent influence. 😉

• As a daily smoker for over 30 years now, I’ve started feeling more and more like I agree with this line of thinking:

https://www.insider.com/why-theres-no-difference-between-indica-and-sativa-marijuana-strains-2020-4?amp

I think the various terpenes are more indicative of effects - and how those terpenes combine for the entourage effects. I’ve had so called pure sativas knock me out like and couch lock me like an indica - and indicas that made my head race with thoughts or give me energy like a sativa should.

And Delta 8 - I’d stay away from until more research comes in - there’s been some questions about exactly how safe it is.

• Interesting article. I know what you mean, but are these medically tested strains you speak of? Its a good bait click to say no difference between them tho haha/ . Gets you all uppety until you just chill haha.

• I remember reading an article years ago where a lab tested a bunch of strains (from the black/grey market) and almost nothing they tested was correct. Something that was supposed to be a sativa tested as indica, and vice versa. I think over the past decades there’s been so much cross breeding that most strains out there are hybrids. I think it’s rare to find a pure 100% sativa or indica.

• kinda agree with @Halftone re strains and their generalised effects, some strains can definitely send you cranky.
    alongside herbal...i do like good nepalese hash, or manali cream/charas.
    great for relaxing!!!
    as with most things balance is key, and everyone is different, I have health issues that benefit from this herb, and have learned to treat it as a daily medicine ,
    usage not abusage.
    delta 8 has had good results in reducing nausea in children on chemo.
    also just read this...
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/lifestyle/is-delta-8-thc-safe-heres-what-research-says

boomshanka my friends
    :)

• First joint was at 15 and was hash. Then very sporadic use until 18 when I went in the army , I was medically discharged after 9 months due to busting my knees n legs up but didn’t smoke again until I started djing at 22. Most days on hash until I started playing abroad and started smoking pollen or grass. Every day , all day . At one point I was getting paid in grass when I lived in Asia 🤣😂🤣 about 500g of Thai would do me about a month but then paranoia started creeping in so when I moved back to NI I quit with no problem, to be honest I surprised myself at how easy it was. I didn’t touch any for over 10yrs until an old back injury started to really play up and an friend that was visiting pulled out a spliff 😋 . I’ve been on the UK clinical trials for a couple of years now and yes have experienced paranoia on occasion but feel it was due to circumstance and situations . I haven’t experienced any for a while now as both circumstance and situation have changed (for the better) . Anxiety is helped but alas depression is a problem and if the depression is too deep then it’s help with anxiety is less . It can be a downward spiral if not addressed . I’ve used mushrooms to help combat the depression but a regular supply is difficult so am trying home grow. For creativity cannabis can be pretty awesome to the point of insomnia through idea overload I kid you not , depending on strain etc the onslaught can be overwhelming, be it music, poetry ,writing or craftwork . If your a cannabis user then make sure you take care of your mental health and get good regular sleep and TALK if your imagination starts to run wild . The easiest way to beat paranoia is talk about what’s going on in your head no matter how ridiculous it sounds , how do you think the best books , n films come about ? Artists and drugs have cavorted arm in arm since cave man started getting off their faces on fermented fruit, funky fungus n started painting cave walls . Moderation and understanding through education and you can trip the light fantastic . In my near 50yrs I’ve partied hard but never injected. I’ve never felt the urge to want to either , I think of drugs as a fun recreational and at times can be a spiritual thing to do when considering psychotropic plants have been used since before records began in religion and medicine but where never something to use to escape from reality🥺🥺🥺 more to understand it . All drugs are deadly if abused so educate and use in safe surroundings with people you trust , I’ve had a few dodgy experiences where I was given ketamine instead of coke n ended up waking up lying in a muddy river bed at 6am after a beach party , thankfully intact . I currently smoke 3G a day for chronic lower back pain . I have 1 inoperable protruding disc and one below has crumbled and is now dissolving . I was on multiple opiates that had me cabbaged and weaned myself off them all using just cannabis . Oxinorm ,50mg phentonal patches etc etc . Horrible side effects from withdrawal 😣 . To conclude , its horses for courses innit 😜 stay safe 🥰🥰🥰

• edited October 2022

@Poppadocrock said:

@amethystswitch said:

And then there are all the side cannabinoids… I‘d argue that CBG/CBN and whatnot have a substantial part in defining the high that probably goes beyond the influence of the terpenes… great thing is you can get them legally in most parts of the world and just balance out your weed the way you like it by adding them separately

• @Halftone said:
    I remember reading an article years ago where a lab tested a bunch of strains (from the black/grey market) and almost nothing they tested was correct. Something that was supposed to be a sativa tested as indica, and vice versa. I think over the past decades there’s been so much cross breeding that most strains out there are hybrids. I think it’s rare to find a pure 100% sativa or indica.

And in the end, what does the species even tell you? Sativa‘s supposed to be high thc low cbd but on the other hand industrial hemp is also sativa, isnt it?

• @id_23 said:

boomshanka my friends

I wrote a song called "Boom Shankar" a few weeks ago. It's what the sadhus (mendicant wandering monks in India) chant before lighting the chillum.

• @dobbs said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@amethystswitch said:

And then there are all the side cannabinoids… I‘d argue that CBG/CBN and whatnot have a substantial part in defining the high that probably goes beyond the influence of the terpenes… great thing is you can get them legally in most parts of the world and just balance out your weed the way you like it by adding them separately

🤩🤩🤩

• @humanlib said:
    BlueGreenSpiral i don't think this is right

Can you elaborate?

• Yup, pretty pricey!