Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cannabis: Help or hindrance?

Comments

• @Ult1mat3X said:
    Yeah while on marihuana I always had this strange trips like thought rushing through my heads and incredible
    amount of insights and funny ideas. I had so many ideas while stones that I was laughing all the time.
    It was incredible and crazy but since I started reading The Power Of Now I don't use drugs anymore.
    I had a terrible long term depression and I don't want to come back to that bad state anymore.
    Part of that state could be possibly a reason of smoking too much and getting down but I don't believe it
    is a conspiracy my parents tell me. Drugs are cool but I don't know how are they in the term of awareness.
    While smoking marihuana I undoubtedly felt insane and crazy. It was cool. I had many new experiences
    and I was having new ideas about my life. That's why sometimes I got paranoid. When thought rushed
    in a wrong direction it could become kind of paranoia lol - very unpleasant. My friend told me that you
    can actually control it but I never could. It always took control over me either good or bad.

The question is: are you, while stoned still yourself? My answer is: no your not. You "become" the drug lol.
    In my case being stoned was so strong (I'm very sensitive to drugs) that it was a feeling like someone else
    suddenly arrived on my place. So think about it lol!

I just became God.

• edited November 2019

ok.. recently bought some CBD as it was at $1.50 a honey-stick at my local Gas Station.. Hadn’t smoked in ages.. And Yes, I see what all the excitement is all about.. Some say it’s not a plant of this planet.. but anyway.. Seem like Legalization/Decriminalization is on the agenda of the US Feds..

Bill to end marijuana prohibition in the U.S. passes key committee

https://wset.com/news/local/bill-to-end-marijuana-prohibition-in-the-us-passes-key-committee

BTW.. can’t wait for the Lumbeat’s Jazz Drummer... 👋🎺

• @RajahP said:
    ok.. recently bought some CBD as it was at $1.50 a honey-stick at my local Gas Station.. Hadn’t smoked in ages.. And Yes, I see what all the excitement is all about.. Some say it’s not a plant of this planet.. but anyway.. Seem like Legalization/Decriminalization is on the agenda of the US Feds..

https://wset.com/news/local/bill-to-end-marijuana-prohibition-in-the-us-passes-key-committee

Sorry about bringing up the politics, but...
    That Booker/Biden tussle in the Debate last night was pretty hilarious.
    😂

• I love herb and love making music on herb. I get very absorbed with what I’m making while on it. And I can feel the rhythm so much better

• @RajahP CBD does wonders for my joint pains (no pun intended). I get the USP grade CBD isolate powder and take it sublingually. I've also found bee sting venom helpful for arthritis symptoms, using a balm from Harold's Famous Bee Company (they patented both a humane extraction method and a transdermal delivery system).

Regarding the psychoactive side of things, I'm hyped for the new year as Illinois is lifting the prohibition on recreational marijuana January 1st, 2020. In preparation I'm staying dry through December so that first legal puff will be that much more satisfying.

@CracklePot Joe "it's a gateway drug" Biden is so out of touch it's ridiculous. He's like an aged version of the "lost Travolta" meme in real life...always seems confused and lost.

By the way, I too am looking forward to Lumbeat's Jazz Drummer. I expect it will pair well with a fine Jazz cigarette. B)

• edited November 2019

@3sleeves said:
    @RajahP CBD does wonders for my joint pains (no pun intended). I get the USP grade CBD isolate powder and take it sublingually. I've also found bee sting venom helpful for arthritis symptoms, using a balm from Harold's Famous Bee Company (they patented both a humane extraction method and a transdermal delivery system).

Regarding the psychoactive side of things, I'm hyped for the new year as Illinois is lifting the prohibition on recreational marijuana January 1st, 2020. In preparation I'm staying dry through December so that first legal puff will be that much more satisfying.

@CracklePot Joe "it's a gateway drug" Biden is so out of touch it's ridiculous. He's like an aged version of the "lost Travolta" meme in real life...always seems confused and lost.

By the way, I too am looking forward to Lumbeat's Jazz Drummer. I expect it will pair well with a fine Jazz cigarette. B)

We have Cannabis 2.0 coming to Canada in a few weeks. That is when edibles / drinks will be in legal stores. A local brewer (Moosehead) is going to manufacture a truly water soluble THC drink (new science!) that has an onset of under 5 minutes and last 60-90 minutes, just like a beer. I haven't had THC in years but this sort of dose/duration control seems perfect for some Christmas vacation movie magic. :)

• @Ripper7620 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:
    1 Corinthians 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

I be that fool that asketh, “Wut u mean, ‘defile’?”

@CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

My own thoughts and words are like a dull rusty pocket knife, so I turn to scripture for explanation, which is a finely honed sword, cutting to the very heart of the matter.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

What if one used cannabis as an aid on connecting with God? Thats what rastafarians do and i can see why. It doesent defile the temple like alcohol or something like meth does, so i think this bible quote is a bit out of place here in this matter.

God speaks through persons inner Self, through those parts on which our unconscious mind is built upon. Cannabis and other (stronger) psychedelics remove blockages of the ego and lets through more contents of the unconscious mind through which God communicates to us. HOWEVER it is also all the demons that live in the depths of our unconscious, so cannabis or psychedelics are no automatic ticket to God, but can enhance meditation/prayer and help to see the world better through your heart and among other things that Jesus adviced for. With the wrong mindset they can help to manifest the dark side of us, but also help a person lost in the dark to see the light again and find his way back home. I could write a book about the subject, but i think ill stop here :D

• I smoked daily for over forty years. It was a fantastic gift for me... laughing x 10. I got my mom started when she was eighty. She loved it. All my friends wanted to smoke with her. It eased her anxieties and,
    Maybe, more importantly, it gave her the munchies. Appetite is a problem for oldsters. Maybe cause our taste buds diminish with age (which is why kids hate some vegetables).

I have stopped for the past ten years. Now it promotes anxiety (as my under thoughts are more prone to worry and fear). As to creativity.... just as creative musically now, if not moreso. Very glad it was part of my life. No health consequences.
    Don’t miss it, though, along with a lot of other things.

• @ToMess said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:

My own thoughts and words are like a dull rusty pocket knife, so I turn to scripture for explanation, which is a finely honed sword, cutting to the very heart of the matter.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

What if one used cannabis as an aid on connecting with God? Thats what rastafarians do and i can see why. It doesent defile the temple like alcohol or something like meth does, so i think this bible quote is a bit out of place here in this matter.

God speaks through persons inner Self, through those parts on which our unconscious mind is built upon. Cannabis and other (stronger) psychedelics remove blockages of the ego and lets through more contents of the unconscious mind through which God communicates to us. HOWEVER it is also all the demons that live in the depths of our unconscious, so cannabis or psychedelics are no automatic ticket to God, but can enhance meditation/prayer and help to see the world better through your heart and among other things that Jesus adviced for. With the wrong mindset they can help to manifest the dark side of us, but also help a person lost in the dark to see the light again and find his way back home. I could write a book about the subject, but i think ill stop here :D

It is though we share the same eyeballs.
    🤙🏻

• @LinearLineman said:
    I smoked daily for over forty years. It was a fantastic gift for me... laughing x 10. I got my mom started when she was eighty. She loved it. All my friends wanted to smoke with her. It eased her anxieties and,
    Maybe, more importantly, it gave her the munchies. Appetite is a problem for oldsters. Maybe cause our taste buds diminish with age (which is why kids hate some vegetables).

I have stopped for the past ten years. Now it promotes anxiety (as my under thoughts are more prone to worry and fear). As to creativity.... just as creative musically now, if not moreso. Very glad it was part of my life. No health consequences.
    Don’t miss it, though, along with a lot of other things.

Ever wonder if, after 40 years, the effect became somewhat permanent?
    Not really in the sense that you are permanently stoned, but more in the sense that you can access that state of mind freely, without the need to partake.

• @CracklePot said:

@RajahP said:

😂

@AudioGus said:

@3sleeves said:
    @RajahP CBD does wonders for my joint pains (no pun intended). I get the USP grade CBD isolate powder and take it sublingually. I've also found bee sting venom helpful for arthritis symptoms, using a balm from Harold's Famous Bee Company (they patented both a humane extraction method and a transdermal delivery system).

We have Cannabis 2.0 coming to Canada in a few weeks. That is when edibles / drinks will be in legal stores. A local brewer (Moosehead) is going to manufacture a truly water soluble THC drink (new science!) that has an onset of under 5 minutes and last 60-90 minutes, just like a beer. I haven't had THC in years but this sort of dose/duration control seems perfect for some Christmas vacation movie magic. :)

Interesting... how will it play out with traffic laws (DUI) there? Whilst people can lose their lives for being in position of a pound and lose their liberty for being in possession of a join in other places..

• @CracklePot, I wish I could. The happiness I felt with it was different from the happiness I feel today. There was the physical milieu then that my mind became a part of... that was the real buzz... what happened in my mind was... an acceleration of thoughts, but without that bodily enhancement it was just that... an acceleration of thought.... the physical feeling imbued it with importance... and because of that the importance of the thoughts was an illusion. It was tremendous fun, but it was illusory... it wasn’t more creative but the bodily feeling that it was so. I do believe things appeared a lot funnier, though.

• and it makes Rush sound> @RajahP said:

@CracklePot said:

@RajahP said:

😂

@AudioGus said:

@3sleeves said:

Interesting... how will it play out with traffic laws (DUI) there?

Not too sure as I don't drive and haven't used THC in ages but I do hear about different tests, but then i also hear about how they are BS and don't show functional impairment accurately, just the presence of certain compounds etc. Anyway, not sure where it stands at this point. Everything should be self driving soon anyway? heh

Whilst people can lose their lives for being in position of a pound and lose their liberty for being in possession of a join in other places..

That is pretty horrifying.

• https://gry-hazardoweonline.pl/automaty-do-gier/ nice come in my house and play with me cheers mates

• Depends on the person I guess but for me it's a hinderance. To everything. Life in general. Maybe apart from house cleaning, I'm killing that ripped.

• @Ailerom said:
    Depends on the person I guess but for me it's a hinderance. To everything. Life in general. Maybe apart from house cleaning, I'm killing that ripped.

There were times on edibles I actually thought ‘Damn this would be great! I should just get a job scrubbing toilets!’

• @AudioGus said:
    I found THC could be either at different times. Currently only using CBD oil for pain and inflammation. Works fantastic. Doubt I will bother with THC again.

I too use CBD for pain, but the stuff they sell over the counter is rubbish.
    Athuristus in too many places.
    Fortunately I know a friend who is a Chemist so my CBD is the best.
    Would smoke the stuff if my wife would let me.

Best pain killer though is music

• @AudioGus said:

@Ailerom said:
    Depends on the person I guess but for me it's a hinderance. To everything. Life in general. Maybe apart from house cleaning, I'm killing that ripped.

There were times on edibles I actually thought ‘Damn this would be great! I should just get a job scrubbing toilets!’

Yep, it gets you in the zone. In a way it's potentially good for mixing but I find I become more of a perfectionist than usual. Like spending three hour on the compression of a single track. :#

Man, those floors and dishes though. Spotless.

• edited March 2021

@AudioGus said:
    I found THC could be either at different times. Currently only using CBD oil for pain and inflammation. Works fantastic. Doubt I will bother with THC again.

Hah! Good one Gus. Wanker.

@Toastedghost said:

I too use CBD for pain, but the stuff they sell over the counter is rubbish.

In Canada it is really good by law. Praise Emperor Trudeau’s Purity Laws.

Athuristus in too many places.
    Fortunately I know a friend who is a Chemist so my CBD is the best.
    Would smoke the stuff if my wife would let me.

I found out that smoking/vaping is waaay more problematic to me than edibles which are smooth, slow and not habit forming (for me). Anything with that woosh ‘Hey there!!’ Is just too much.

Best pain killer though is music

I love that album. Priest rulz!

• I smoke a lot of dope - have done fer most of my life - over 50 years of enthusiastic tokery ... about an ounce a week for the last decade as the body packs it in. ..and, after all that, at best it's a mixed blessing.

I was very shy as a kid and dope was the currency of acceptance ... it made life more social back then. Social with the wrong crowd of course but that's who had the good music too.

But over the years it had "made me" deeply insular - a loner essentially - by both circumstance and choice. Moot point whether it's down to drugs or women really - it'd be a photo finish ... mixed blessings all round. Like everything really, except music.

• Don’t know if it has been mentioned, but 5 htp will bring your dreams roaring back even while smoking regularly. It is natural, but there are contraindications for certain conditions and medications. Do your research. I did mine and have taken it on and off for years, works amazingly well for me.

• Amazing memories and times from when I smoked. Sneaking out of college all through the day with friends for a smoke then back to laugh at everything. Sitting watching movies and sitting up all night at after parties smoking and chatting. Go to the point was first thing and past thing I'd do each day and loved sitting making music with a smoke. Did zap my want to go out and do things but I was totally aware of this and happy to do nothing all day. Wouldn't change a single thing if I could go back

But also deciding to stop was the right thing and totally happy I did. Again wouldn't change a thing. Not like I changed as a person or went anti against it I just wanted a different mind set and had different goals I guess.

Easy enough to be productive and smoke though like any drug or vice important to keep an eye on your mental health etc

• edited March 2021

I smoked a lot as a young man in my 20s. I was quite a ‘legalize it’ activist by then. In my 30s I reduced usage to only smoke my after-work-joint in the evening. In my 40s I started to feel that it makes me more tired and that I’m not so fresh in the morning than without it. I had the strong feeling that it makes me less capable and I started to worry about the harm of smoking and the deep inhalation. So I virtually stopped it and became an occasional party smoker.

Then a friend of mine who was quite a heavy user developed a psychosis. I was present when it broke out and it was definitely related to his Marijuana consumption. I also met a psychiatrist who works at a hospital and she told me that she could make a relation to cannabis in at least 50% of her patients. These two events changed my view a lot.

Two years ago a friend gave me his old vaporizer and since then I use it sometimes on the weekends. Recently I started to be worried about my alcohol consumption on the weekends, so I’m trying to replace that recreational need with weed and that works quite well. I mean alcohol is a poison and causes cancer. Additionally I lost some weight due to less alcohol.

I think Marijuana is okay to legalize but it’s not as harmless as many people think and it’s dangers are probably underestimated. I wish there would be an honest and scientific information at schools. As with all drugs it is important to know when not to take it. If your inner voice has any doubts then listen to it and better leave it. For sure people with a risk for anxieties or even psychosis should not use Marijuana.

• I quit smoking in early 2019 after a car accident. Before that, I had been smoking all day, every day, for almost two years. Before that, it was more casual. But I was never productive with it.

Since quitting, I’ve been able to be more productive with music. I do feel like I’m more inhibited from a creativity standpoint, but I’m able to focus better. Being creative while high doesn’t mean anything if I can’t do anything with it.

• For me usually a help, buts it depends on a few things, first the person, it’s not for everyone, to each his own type thing, second the category (Indica, Sativa, hybrid) and third the actual strain, most strains give different effects based on the the terpenes that grow on the buds. So find one you might like based on the symptoms you are trying to alleviate. It’s easy enough with Leafly and WeedMaps, amongst others.

• @rickwaugh said:
    It's been a long time for me. But it was starting to give me terrible anxiety. Having managed to get past a lot of that recently, not sure I'm in a hurry to try it again, even though it's going to be legal this summer.

I smoke often and the wrong strain, well the wrong one for me, can give me anxiety instead of taking it away which is mostly what I’m after. That’s where finding a good indica, with the proper the amount of thc, and the terpenes that enduce a calming effect, can really help. But it is completely a personal choice and decision.

• I’m stone cold sober now but I do miss how helpful THC was for my OCD.

• help or hindrance?

Why not both?

• To each their own, but for me typically a help.

• Occasionally I can become a bit of a burnout and I should probably take a tolerance break occasionally but I also have IBS and it’s literally the only thing that calms it down so a break isn’t always an option since I actually need it medicinally. Edibles always blast me off into a great creative space though