Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I’m getting pretty stoked thinking about running gr16 in Drambo

that’s what i was thinking about

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@muzka said:
    Who will get auv3 first, this or drambo? The race is on

That's a race on two different tracks. ;)

Drambo is getting the ability to host AUv3's. GR-16 is getting the ability to be hosted as an AUv3, not to host AUv3's.

... which means ... holy shit! GR-16 will be able to be hosted in Drambo??!? B) <3 B) <3

• @wim said:

@muzka said:
    Who will get auv3 first, this or drambo? The race is on

That's a race on two different tracks. ;)

Drambo is getting the ability to host AUv3's. GR-16 is getting the ability to be hosted as an AUv3, not to host AUv3's.

... which means ... holy shit! GR-16 will be able to be hosted in Drambo??!? B) <3 B) <3

Ah ok, I thought gr16 was going to be able to host auv3 but its going to able to be hosted in drambo is definitely a tastier idea

• @jimpavloff I know, I’m a jerk :D but is there a possibility to squeeze an option for bigger pads on iPhone? 2 pages of 8 should be fine

If not now, maybe you can add it to your todo list? Please?

• Well, I think Jim Audio will present this Sooner rather than Later.. because he ain’t no Soon-Nah-Me.. 👀
    There needs to be a more defined definition of ‘soon’..

GR-16 Auv3 is going to be a game-changer..

Maybe a few IAPs sound-banks to compensate.. if it’s a free update..

Can’t wait..

• I do wonder if he goes 'all in' with the AUv3 multi-outs? (ie. all 16-pads + master).
    (I'm honestly a bit bummed that need to wait for another update round before Cubasis get's AUv3 multi-in/out support).

• Multi-out for GR16 would be awesome.

• I’ve got a feeling that it will also have AuV3 midi outs.

• The drum samples on gr-16 are so good that I was literally about to start sampling them into eg pulse so I had them as auv3. Really glad I didn’t now!

And that’s just one aspect of this great app

• @gregsmith said:
    The drum samples on gr-16 are so good that I was literally about to start sampling them into eg pulse so I had them as auv3. Really glad I didn’t now!

And that’s just one aspect of this great app

Totally forgot about all the banks on there, it’s like Christmas twice now for me

• Of all the upgrades to apps this year, getting AUv3 for GR-16 would be the one that makes me most happy. And multi-out would be fantastic - I hope that is in the cards. GR-16 really is a stand out groovebox.

• That's great news, this will be a useful AUv3 to have around. :)

• @reasOne said:

@alecsbuga said:
    You guys made me revisit GR and I forgot about this gem :)

Made a beat

nice one man! i’m kinda glad i just got this so it’s really fresh to me!

@Gunark said:
    Still love this app. Simply nothing else this fast on any platform or hardware, bar maybe Ableton Live can I use this and AudioShare to make the beginnings of a track. Multichannel AUv3 and stereo sample support and I genuinely think it could be perfect.

multi it would be amazing...i wonder if it could be an auv3 multi out 😎 that would be insane

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:
    first jam using gr16 with gadget 2
    i think i’ll finish this one..

Lovely. I'm a fan of both apps but never thought about using both at once.

Great to see more music here!
    This is my little Dub pattern. No external samples except the vocal sample 😇

the pair almost perfectly, and it’s easy to control big projects since the sequencers are build in!
    that’sa great dub jam! share more down the road!

@xraydash said:
    @alecsbuga Funky!

@reasOne Nice meditative sonic journey you’ve got going. I don’t have Gadget, but I can imagine the possibilities of using these two together. Looking forward to future transmissions.

thanks again man! def give it a whirl combining them

@rs2000 Those are all (mostly) factory sounds? I need to explore a little better. Just flipping through I was kind of underwhelmed, but that’s sounding good.

I picked GR-16 up about a year ago, but didn’t put much time into it until recently. I’ve mostly just used it as a drum machine. I absolutely love how you can use step conditions to trigger groups of notes/sounds.

i haven’t dove into trig conditions yet other than messing with velocity, that’s next on the list

Nice...
    Hope Bank IAP production increases for this gem.. more so, when it becomes Auv3..
    will love to add flava to a project with sounds created by some of our AB Forum ‘personalities’..
    Purchasing will be a token of one’s appreciation..

• edited December 2020

Any idea when this Auv3 update will be had?
    Was playing with GR-16 today...
    with Auv3, this will be the #1 app of the year.. with a very close #2 position by Drum Computer..

Hopefully it drops soon..

• @RajahP said:
    with Auv3, this will be the #1 app of the year.. with a very close #2 position by Drum Computer..

agreed! GR-16 is an amazing tool. When Drambo came out and was AUv3, I slowly stopped opening GR-16. But now I have big plans to use GR-16 inside Drambo

• edited December 2020

@drewinnit said:

@RajahP said:

agreed! GR-16 is an amazing tool. When Drambo came out and was AUv3, I slowly stopped opening GR-16. But now I have big plans to use GR-16 inside Drambo

I read somewhere that some instruments spawns specific genres (The 303, I think)... This will...

It is an amazing instrument..

Edit.. NKS on steroids...

• edited December 2020

Okay, get ready for the AUv3 update! it will get online during an hour! Please let me know, if you find something wrong with it. However, I will not be able to do any bug fixes during the whole week because of Apple App Store holidays. So, good luck to all of us!

• That’s an early Xmas gift to the world!

• @jimpavloff said:
    Okay, get ready for the AUv3 update! it will get online during an hour! Please let me know, if you find something wrong with it. However, I will not be able to do any bug fixes during the whole week because of Apple App Store holidays. So, good luck to all of us!

😎

• @jimpavloff said:

You are an absolute dream maker!!! 🏆🔊🔊

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Whoa... that was unexpected. Thanks a bunch!

• @jimpavloff said:

Oh shit! That is not enough time to get the Christmas gifts wrapped before I disappear down the rabbit hole. Quick, someone hide my iPad and DO NOT tell me where it is until the presents are under the tree! No matter how hard I beg you!

• Awesome! Thanks!

• edited December 2020

This with MidiMixer inside AUM should be a match made in heaven for mixing and cross fading. Fab update @jimpavloff just brought the House IAP in appreciation cheers.

• @jimpavloff said:

Thanks for this x mas gift🙏🙏🙏 works great in CB3, the only thing I’ve come across in AUM is when using the onscreen keyboard in AUM to play a synth note it hangs indefinitely, works fine with a midi controller though

• edited December 2020

@Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:

Thanks for this x mas gift🙏🙏🙏 works great in CB3, the only thing I’ve come across in AUM is when using the onscreen keyboard in AUM to play a synth note it hangs indefinitely, works fine with a midi controller though

Check my post on the AUM thread, the AUM keyboard seems to be bugged out...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/896420/#Comment_896420

• @Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:

Have you checked to be sure you don't have a midi loop going on?

• @wim said:

@Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:

Have you checked to be sure you don't have a midi loop going on?

It's not a midi-loop...
    AUM keyboard is fishy in the latest update.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/896420/#Comment_896420