Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Epic, off to check my IAPs. Been a bit out of the loop lately.

• @xraydash said:
    Dean at Electronisounds shows off probability in the video below, but doesn’t go into conditional sequencing. GR-16 definitely does have that though and it’s such an awesome feature. As @rs2000 mentioned, it’s all nicely spelled out in the manual.

Ah, the step condition stuff looks excellent. Much appreciated.

• edited December 2020

still don't have the bossa nova pack :tongue:

btw, are there any plans for other packs, @jimpavloff? or any new app on the horizon?
    Love your work (videos and apps :lol:)

edit: Before I forget, the link on jimaudio.pro to your ol' music production blog is off

• Btw, if you want to use the AUM keyboard with GR-16 and can't wait for the soon-to-come GR-16 fix. You can use the free Streambyter plug-in.

Paste this line into streambyter and tap 'install' rules

9X XX 00 = 8X

• Just bought the last 2 IAP's as a thank you! This really is a stand out product. Anyone that takes the time to do sound design in it will see why. So many options (synth, wavetable, samples, FX, modulation, the XY pad for FX or ARP manipulation or for live play, the ARP with its 50 different patterns and the ability to record this into a pad for quick idea generation). Now with AUv3 and multi-out, GR-16 is my go to drum machine and groovebox for AUM. Thanks Jim!

• @wim said:

@jimpavloff said:

@wim said:
    @jimpavloff you are legend!! Thank you so much for this!
    Do you have a PayPal or anything? I feel totally guilty for getting this update for free.

Does this mean you’ve already bought all the in-app banks fot it? ))
    Anyway, I didn’t wanted existing users to pay for it, however, I think I will soon increase the price of the app a little bit.

Yep. They're like Pokemon. Gotta get 'em all.

:D Such a nice gesture Wim. I did buy one more of the "Pokemon's" because of that (one left to go). Then I was thinking: wouldn't it be better to wait till the new percentage kicks in? :) Anyway, thanks @jimpavloff for your superb efforts with this very nice app (yeah, the other ones too of course).

• @espiegel123 said:
    Btw, if you want to use the AUM keyboard with GR-16 and can't wait for the soon-to-come GR-16 fix. You can use the free Streambyter plug-in.

Paste this line into streambyter and tap 'install' rules

9X XX 00 = 8X

thank you brother

• edited December 2020

fyi works fine with drambo keyboard
    but it’s hard to use in landscape mode

• Finally bought it and the IAPs. Going to start digging in this week.

• Is there a way to make it receive the same midi channel on multiple tracks for “layering” ?

Or would that break the universe?

• Bought all IAP to send some love. This is insane.

• @jolico said:
    Is there a way to make it receive the same midi channel on multiple tracks for “layering” ?

Or would that break the universe?

It would be simple enough to write a few lines of Mozaic or StreamByter to clone incoming notes to multiple channels....or use the Clone tool in the MIDITools AU bundle.

• i love that you can save a gr session in the aum saving structure! wow!

• Grooverider is my favourite app. It’s got just the right level or accessibility, tweak ability and complexity. Making this AUV3 is nothing short of amazing to me. It’s crazy how quick life moves and I remember buying this Christmas time at launch. Since then it’s just got better and better. In that time I have spent thousands of pounds on hardware and IOS apps, which as nice (and exciting at the time of purchase) do take more thought and time for me to use.

Grooverider should have been enough to stop me buying a lot of equipment but didn’t (Mainly due to GAS). In hindsight I would have been more productive if I had of just stuck with this app and really mastered it.

If anyone out there has not bought this or the IAPs yet... your missing out.

Thanks @jimpavloff

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Just to really take the piss by asking for more... i’d love user wavetable folders and/or a search function. (Would buy it as an IAP)

Question.
    What’s the best way to import user wavetables and samples into the AUV3?
    Can we still batch import .zip as I’ve always found this to be really quick and easy?

Cheers

• edited December 2020

Woke up today here in Sweden, grabbed my iPad Pro 12.9” 2020, pushed Appstore and checked updating apps...

WTF? Grooverider GR-16 as an AUv3!!!

That was perhaps the best christmas present this year! Thank’s mr Pavlov!

Bought also the last missing soundpack - at least some $ for mr Jim...

• So there’s suddenly another contender for role of AUv3 drum sampler - can anyone compare and contrast with EG Pulse and/or DrumStix?

• edited December 2020

Perhaps it's time to establish some sort of Nobel Prize in coding music apps, and, then nominate a few for the 2020 years prize?

My nominees for 2020 is perhaps Jonathan for AUM, Jim Pavlov for GR-16 and Beepstreet for Drambo!

But, there's soooo many great developer out there, so, excuse if I miss some of them...

• edited December 2020

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Perhaps it's time to establish some sort of Nobel Prize in coding music apps, and, then nominate a few for the 2020 years prize?

My nominees for 2020 is perhaps Jonathan for AUM, Jim Pavlov for GR-16 and Beepstreet for Drambo!

But, there's soooo many great developer out there, so, excuse if I miss some of them...

We are indeed blessed by some rockstar devs. I’d add Sir Bram Of Bos, @mifki and Fred Anton Corvest to your list. Wandering a bit off topic apologies all. (Edit) And the guys at Nembrini.

Grabbed the remaining IAPs for GR-16, overdue token of appreciation.

• @sinosoidal have done a fantastic job too this year.

• Anyone know how to use the multi-out on this beast? I’m in AUM but don’t know how to use the multi-out in GR. I know how to use multi-out in general. Thanks.

• @audio_DT said:
    Anyone know how to use the multi-out on this beast? I’m in AUM but don’t know how to use the multi-out in GR. I know how to use multi-out in general. Thanks.

In mixer view.
    Select output at the top of each track

• @jolico said:

@audio_DT said:
    Anyone know how to use the multi-out on this beast? I’m in AUM but don’t know how to use the multi-out in GR. I know how to use multi-out in general. Thanks.

In mixer view.
    Select output at the top of each track

Thank you!

• This is just too funny :)

• Top buzz. Fantastic. Been under some amount of pressure, like most people just now but this has lifted mood, and on a mid week day off for me (actually the wife’s working and there’s a lot of Xmas prep to do, sure she’ll understand though 🤣).

• @Samu said:
    This is just too funny :)

Insanity :lol:

• edited December 2020

Well, so many ways to use this Gem... Just scratching the surface..

But will like to see a more Bloc Waves approach.. A Dynamic transposing of/to scale and key.. I’m using one instance per instrument.. so ‘mute-pad’ (solo) , Jump, arp, automation, etc. is so powerful... those IAP banks are not a ‘support the developer’ thing.. but is actually so powerful and creative with what one can do to just ONE pad/instrument... Amazing..

Looking forward to more IAP banks..

sweet..

• I just got this app last night so I haven’t had much time with it but so far I’m loving it. Absolutely no hate on Drambo (I still love it for many many things) but GR-16 is everything I was trying to do with Drambo recently. Sound design is so easy once you get used to the controls and how things work, drum programming is really fun and easy, and the workflow just makes sense to me. Can’y wait to play with this more over the holiday!

• It's really quite amazing. I get on fantastically with the GR-16 workflow, but I always found that in the standalone sandbox, I kept reaching for sounds that usually wouldn't. In the end was a cool track, but it always sounded like somebody else. Now with AU, it's so liberating.

And a huge plus? You can easily import folders of samples (much of what you've bought in Beatmaker 3 or iMPC Pro2 for instance).

• @MadGav said:
    So there’s suddenly another contender for role of AUv3 drum sampler - can anyone compare and contrast with EG Pulse and/or DrumStix?

It doesn't sample, so not really a contender for drum sampler, but definitely for role of AUv3 drum machine.

• But you can import your samples pretty easily, right? I don't believe GR16 has slice to pads ability, although as I write that I'm sure I'm wrong?