Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• You fantastic human being. Wow.

• edited December 2020

@Samu said:

@Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:
    Okay, get ready for the AUv3 update! it will get online during an hour! Please let me know, if you find something wrong with it. However, I will not be able to do any bug fixes during the whole week because of Apple App Store holidays. So, good luck to all of us!

Thanks for this x mas gift🙏🙏🙏 works great in CB3, the only thing I’ve come across in AUM is when using the onscreen keyboard in AUM to play a synth note it hangs indefinitely, works fine with a midi controller though

Check my post on the AUM thread, the AUM keyboard seems to be bugged out...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/896420/#Comment_896420

Thanks so much. I was becoming mad😂

• @Samu said:

@wim said:

@Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:
    Okay, get ready for the AUv3 update! it will get online during an hour! Please let me know, if you find something wrong with it. However, I will not be able to do any bug fixes during the whole week because of Apple App Store holidays. So, good luck to all of us!

Thanks for this x mas gift🙏🙏🙏 works great in CB3, the only thing I’ve come across in AUM is when using the onscreen keyboard in AUM to play a synth note it hangs indefinitely, works fine with a midi controller though

Have you checked to be sure you don't have a midi loop going on?

It's not a midi-loop...
    AUM keyboard is fishy in the latest update.

Sending note on velocity 0 instead of note off isn’t fishy.

• @espiegel123 said:

But it makes absolutely no sense when there's a proper Note Off function which most hardware controllers transmit anyway.

Oh well, we have other options than the AUM built-in one that works properly :)

• @Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:

But it makes absolutely no sense when there's a proper Note Off function which most hardware controllers transmit anyway.

It actually simplifies MIDI parsing to use note on velocity 0 instead of note off and is very very common.

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 is absolutely correct. Note-On at zero velocity is perfectly acceptable MIDI for Note-Off. It has been written in to the spec from the beginning (and made sense for some reasons at the time). Not handling standard MIDI is fishy on the app side, not the sender side. Many apps and hardware do this, so even if AUM changed it, there would still be problems with other sources.

• @espiegel123 said:

It actually simplifies MIDI parsing to use note on velocity 0 instead of note off and is very very common.

In that case the apps should respond to both in equal way or it will get messy fast if there is no response to real Note Off messages. Meaning I'll just have to throw away all the controllers I have :D

• @Samu said:

@Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:

Ok, I haven’t had any hanging notes issues with any other synths in AUM using the built in keyboard but I haven’t launched a lot since the update. What other app has it bugged out on you? I’ll give em a try.

• @Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:

In that case the apps should respond to both in equal way or it will get messy fast if there is no response to real Note Off messages. Meaning I'll just have to throw away all the controllers I have :D

Yes. That is the point. They must handle them both in order to be MIDI compliant.

• @jimpavloff said:

Thank you so much. This is a most welcome, totally unexpected, and massively inspiring Christmas present. You genius! :)

• Thanks Jim Audio...

New Thread please.. This deserves it.. Thanks again..

• @Strizbiz said:

@Samu said:

@Strizbiz said:

@jimpavloff said:

Ok, I haven’t had any hanging notes issues with any other synths in AUM using the built in keyboard but I haven’t launched a lot since the update. What other app has it bugged out on you? I’ll give em a try.

There isn't anything new about the AUM keyboard that I know of. Btw, the current AUM works fine with the previous (IAA) version of GR-16. I haven't upgraded to the new version. So, GR-16 is not ignorant of MIDI velocity 0 as note off.

• Grooverider thread people stay “On Point”

• edited December 2020

@espiegel123 said:
    I haven't upgraded to the new version. So, GR-16 is not ignorant of MIDI velocity 0 as note off.

Check the GR-16 AUv3 when you can. Who knows this could even be another dreaded AUv3 bug caused by Apple?!
    I trust @jimpavloff will be on the case asap...

• OK. I'm late to this one. I've heard that GR-16 has Elektron-like features. Is there a video which demonstrates this succinctly? I'm think: hit probability; conditional sequencing (if X hits than Y doesn't) etc. Can it do that sort of stuff? Thanks in advance.

• @espiegel123 said:
    There isn't anything new about the AUM keyboard that I know of. Btw, the current AUM works fine with the previous (IAA) version of GR-16. I haven't upgraded to the new version. So, GR-16 is not ignorant of MIDI velocity 0 as note off.

That is my recollection too. I seem to remember AUM keyboard always having sent Note-Off at velocity 0 as note off.

• edited December 2020

Am I going mad or does the app or the AU no longer open AudioShare and instead use the iOS Files? That would be a huge issue for me, the interplay between GR and AS was so quick and fluid and store the files in the patterns, but iOS files and importing isn’t the same. No preview for a start. AudioShare is sooooo much easier for finding the right sound.

Edit: ah it’s still in the standalone thankfully. Shame that’s not in the AU, wonder why?

• It’s in the ‘open’ menu rather than samples

@Gunark said:
    Am I going mad or does the app or the AU no longer open AudioShare and instead use the iOS Files? That would be a huge issue for me, the interplay between GR and AS was so quick and fluid and store the files in the patterns, but iOS files and importing isn’t the same.

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    OK. I'm late to this one. I've heard that GR-16 has Elektron-like features. Is there a video which demonstrates this succinctly? I'm think: hit probability; conditional sequencing (if X hits than Y doesn't) etc. Can it do that sort of stuff? Thanks in advance.

Unless many other apps, Groove Rider has an excellent PDF manual. It takes less time to find the information in there than watching a video.
    See https://www.jimaudio.pro/

• @rs2000 said:
    Unlike many other apps, Groove Rider has an excellent PDF manual. It takes less time to find the information in there than watching a video.

Ah, superb. I'm so used to being disappointed with manuals for iOS apps that I never think to even ask these days!

• @PeteSasqwax said:

@rs2000 said:
    Unlike many other apps, Groove Rider has an excellent PDF manual. It takes less time to find the information in there than watching a video.

Ah, superb. I'm so used to being disappointed with manuals for iOS apps that I never think to even ask these days!

You name it!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks to everyone for quick reaction - I just sent a midi note off quick update to the App Store. Not sure, however, if it will be reviewed before the holidays start...

• edited December 2020

@PeteSasqwax said:
    OK. I'm late to this one. I've heard that GR-16 has Elektron-like features. Is there a video which demonstrates this succinctly? I'm think: hit probability; conditional sequencing (if X hits than Y doesn't) etc. Can it do that sort of stuff? Thanks in advance.

Dean at Electronisounds shows off probability in the video below, but doesn’t go into conditional sequencing. GR-16 definitely does have that though and it’s such an awesome feature. As @rs2000 mentioned, it’s all nicely spelled out in the manual.

• Might have to get this app now.. I’ve always had my eye on it but now that it has auv3 makes it very very enticing

• man this app just went from an amazing essential app, to an even more amazing essential app. wow! it plays so good with aum!!!
    hopefully apple can get the update in before xmas but if not i’m not complaining! so great to have this

• @jimpavloff you are legend!! Thank you so much for this!
    Do you have a PayPal or anything? I feel totally guilty for getting this update for free.

• @wim said:
    @jimpavloff you are legend!! Thank you so much for this!
    Do you have a PayPal or anything? I feel totally guilty for getting this update for free.

Does this mean you’ve already bought all the in-app banks fot it? ))
    Anyway, I didn’t wanted existing users to pay for it, however, I think I will soon increase the price of the app a little bit.

• @jimpavloff said:

@wim said:
    @jimpavloff you are legend!! Thank you so much for this!

Does this mean you’ve already bought all the in-app banks fot it? ))
    Anyway, I didn’t wanted existing users to pay for it, however, I think I will soon increase the price of the app a little bit.

Yep. They're like Pokemon. Gotta get 'em all.

• @jimpavloff thanks for the early Xmas present! Haven’t owned this app for long and bought it never expecting it to be auv3.

Happy holidays!