Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROZETA (PARTICLES out now)

Comments

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Ah. Thanks. Maybe I’ll hang onto mine then. I remember at the time it was rather expensive.

It plays videos too.

Install rockbox on it and just use it as a music player. You'll be surprised how good the older iPod sounds. (Keep in mind you need decent speakers or headphones to hear the difference)

Just happened upon this, and thought of you guys...

http://macintoshhowto.com/ipod/which-ipod-has-the-best-audio-quality.html

• @telecharge said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Ah. Thanks. Maybe I’ll hang onto mine then. I remember at the time it was rather expensive.

It plays videos too.

Install rockbox on it and just use it as a music player. You'll be surprised how good the older iPod sounds. (Keep in mind you need decent speakers or headphones to hear the difference)

Just happened upon this, and thought of you guys...

http://macintoshhowto.com/ipod/which-ipod-has-the-best-audio-quality.html

i own the 5.5 gen :)

• Sorry to jack your thread, Bram, but, hey, FREE BUMPS! AMIRITE?!? o:)

• edited November 2017

Here's a sneak preview for the first upcoming addition to the suite: Rozeta Particles - a MIDI Particle Generator

(work in progress)

• @brambos said:
    Here's a sneak preview for the first upcoming addition to the suite: Rozeta Particles - a MIDI Particle Generator

(work in progress)

First and foremost, that looks awesome and I can’t wait. Second, I am glad to see I’m not the only one that uses Replicant2 for a little added flavor.

Thank you Bram.

• Oh yes particles. Need that. Can we have a chord sequencer next? Please @brambos ?

• I don't know what this is but I like it.

• wimwim
    edited November 2017

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Question, with the new BM3 3.0.6 update, does Rozeta work now?

I think we'll have to wait for the next update, maybe 3.0.7...

I have been outputting Rozeta from AUM into BM3 but they all seem to output on Channel1 despite saying various channels... I think.

Anyone have luck outputting midi from Rozeta/AUM on multiple channels? I may have to load up midiflow for a closer look at what is actually sending to see if the fault is AUM or BM3 etc.

Each Rozeta Plug-In can optionally set the midi-channel they transmit on.

If you plan to feed BM3 with midi from AUM the midi-channel for each Rozeta instance will have to be manually set.
    (Then you can use AUM as midi-input to BM3).

I got this working, and it’s cool... But, dang it that seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through to set up!

You are in luck my friend! The latest update has a new midi setting on the banks for “single channel”, meaning that instead of each pad reapondong on a separate channel, each pad can respond on its corresponding note on a single channel. So, note 36 will trigger pad 36, etc.

[edit] actually, that’s a bit off. Note 0 triggers pad 1 ... note 36 triggers pad 35, etc. Why do programmers of all people seem to always screw that kind of thing up??

With the right note mapping adjustments in Rozeta, or the right pad assignments in BM3, you can now make it work. It will be better once natively supported, but works now. B)

• I love particles. So cool. B)

• @wim said:
    each pad reapondong

mmmm Thai food.

• @wim said:
    [edit] actually, that’s a bit off. Note 0 triggers pad 1 ... note 36 triggers pad 35, etc. Why do programmers of all people seem to always screw that kind of thing up??

There are three really difficult problems in programming: naming things and off by one errors.

• @wim said:

Arrays that start at 0 instead of 1?

Just guessing, I’m no stranger to coding some dumb stuff. :D

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

I have been outputting Rozeta from AUM into BM3 but they all seem to output on Channel1 despite saying various channels... I think.

Anyone have luck outputting midi from Rozeta/AUM on multiple channels? I may have to load up midiflow for a closer look at what is actually sending to see if the fault is AUM or BM3 etc.

If you plan to feed BM3 with midi from AUM the midi-channel for each Rozeta instance will have to be manually set.

I got this working, and it’s cool... But, dang it that seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through to set up!

You are in luck my friend! The latest update has a new midi setting on the banks for “single channel”, meaning that instead of each pad reapondong on a separate channel, each pad can respond on its corresponding note on a single channel. So, note 36 will trigger pad 36, etc.

With the right note mapping adjustments in Rozeta, or the right pad assignments in BM3, you can now make it work. It will be better once natively supported, but works now. B)

Actually, it’s a little bit off.
    :D :D :D

• @brambos said:

@wim said:
    each pad reapondong

mmmm Thai food.

Pad Thai. My favorite!

• So what are midi particles anyway?

• edited November 2017

Another preview... Here are two instances of Particles.. one for the main synth, one for the bass part

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

What screw up ?
    MIDI notes start at 0 and Beatmakers pads start at 1.
    So a 0 note has to trigger pad 1 or there will be no note available to trigger pad 128 (note 127, there is no note 128)
    MIDI has been like this since it was invented, no screw ups.

• edited November 2017

@BiancaNeve said:
    So what are midi particles anyway?

In a nutshell: a cloud of MIDI notes bouncing around and making a sound whenever they hit a wall :)

• @brambos said:
    Another preview... Here are two instances of Particles.. one for the main synth, one for the bass part

Another surefire winner Bram!
    Launch date Friday the thirteenth perchance?
    Only kidding,
    Whenever it may be, I will be waiting, eagerly!
    I am loving Rozeta versus all of your apps, LFO into Ripplemaker = Pure Awesomeness!
    Proost
    J

• edited November 2017

Oh great, love particles :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Oh great, love particles :)

That sounds so wrong lol

• wimwim
    edited November 2017

@Samplemunch said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

What screw up ?
    MIDI notes start at 0 and Beatmakers pads start at 1.
    So a 0 note has to trigger pad 1 or there will be no note available to trigger pad 128 (note 127, there is no note 128)
    MIDI has been like this since it was invented, no screw ups.

The screwup is in the app update description of how it behaves. There it states that “for example, note C3 (note 60), will trigger pad 60”. When in fact it will trigger 61. That’s all. No big deal.

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So what are midi particles anyway?

In a nutshell: a cloud of MIDI notes bouncing around and making a sound whenever they hit a wall :)

Nice, I like messing around with the particle thing in Dhalang this looks like a more streamlined version and AU too.

• @brambos said:

Excuse me, Bram, you said crossing the streams was bad.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@brambos said:

Turns out, it may actually be the only way to defeat Zuul.

• @brambos said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@brambos said:

Turns out, it may actually be the only way to defeat Zuul.

No time to get in Sigorney’s pants - new apps to make!

• Sorry to reiterate, but repeatedly tapping left and right buttons to change value is a real pain in the ass, for touch screen especially.

• @brambos said:

Great stuff! Sounds like old Autechre :) Now you need something more algorithmic for the drums as well..

• @brambos Cannot wait for Particles!! Layering those up will really get interesting.

Request: I love it when sequencers can output a fixed number of bars and then stop. SeekBeats does this in its export options and Quantum can be programmed to just run for X bars (with the bonus of.all of the follow actions). This is very handy for creating loops without having to go back in after and play around with trimming to the last note/hit. It would be great if there was an option in all of the Rozeta apps to just run for X bars.

Thanks

• awesome, any thoughts about a Audio clip looper AU ?