Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROZETA (PARTICLES out now)

Comments

• @brambos said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@brambos said:

@stereohero said:
    Speaking of icons ... is it possible to have different icons (in Aum) for the different modules in order to easier see which is what?

No, unfortunately all plugins take on the icon of the container app and I can't assign different icons per plugin. But a solution is already being worked on (actually it's almost ready)! :)

The solution should be here already with Rozeta 1.0.1 and AUM 1.2.4 (which is releasing right now) :)

Indeed. Jonatan discovered another really useful new iOS11 AU feature: "Shortnames" :)

Nice! Consider my request solved :)

• I wonder if that means we might see an update to odesi, which is a nearly but not quite useful app that’s not been touched in a year.

• @richardyot said:

@richardyot said:
    I know I'm late to the party, but is there is a video overview of what Odessa/Rozeta does? I would have paid more attention but I'm not really into sequencers, however maybe there's some functionality in the app that could be useful even for the likes of me.

I'll ask again :)

Is there a video, or website, that explains what the app does?

Soundtestroom on Youtube is my goto source for very in depth overviews + tutorials of nearly every major
    music app in existence. Pretty sure he recently did one on the legend formerly known as Odessa.

• Thanks @brambos and Jonatan for the solution, works well. And was very nice of you to accommodate a name change as you certainly didn't have to...I've had my fair share of dealing with branding too, pretty much every word combination is out there somewhere :)

• @brambos You can't name it Rozeta - it's my name of a product which I will launch on 2018. You have to change the name again

Joke :)

In fact they are afraid of @brambos apps :)

• Should have just called it AUv3 Godmode

• Name aside, Thanks for the update :)

• @brambos said:
    ...but they made a convincing case to me (and I honestly don't mean that in a Don Corleone kind of way :D ).

Right. You could end up with a synth in your bed. ;)

• Can I call my new synth app Obesity. I mean, it has 256 oscillators and stuff...

• You make a muffin betta
    With a little green rosetta

• @richardyot said:

@richardyot said:
    I know I'm late to the party, but is there is a video overview of what Odessa/Rozeta does? I would have paid more attention but I'm not really into sequencers, however maybe there's some functionality in the app that could be useful even for the likes of me.

ruismaker.com/?page_id=611

Simple concept very nicely done, I was mucking around with all sorts of combinations in AUM this evening. A shame Model 15 needs so much grunt but what a sound ...

• My forthcoming music app will be called: ~jbcuYvJq3%\'

The name also functions as a registration code, and can generate random waves. So please, i beg of thee, no one use this name! :wink:

• I’m calling mine Samplr 2, that’ll get his attention. ;)

• I think you should have just change it to 'Swang'...

• @brambos said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    That's very decent of you. It seems to me a somewhat spurious claim on infringement and unlikely to stand up to scrutiny, but good for you in taking the moral high ground. As for mixed in key..... really????

The dialogue between them and myself has been very pleasant. My initial reaction was similar to yours, but they made a convincing case to me (and I honestly don't mean that in a Don Corleone kind of way :D ).

The music software business is a tiny world. We all need to support each other from time to time and the last thing I want to do is create confusion due to naming issues.

Rozeta is a fitting name. I obviously think of the stone that solved the hieroglyphics :smile:
    Egyptology is a hobby of mine. Not the crazy ideas, but real science.
    But anyway, congratulations with your new app. It has a central place on my homescreen.

• @brambos I have a question regarding ios11 :smile:
    Is it listed as requirement only for MIDI AU?

I want Ode... I mean... Rozeta so bad, and i'm staying on ios10 on my Ipad Mini Retina :wink:

• @Kühl said:

@brambos said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    That's very decent of you. It seems to me a somewhat spurious claim on infringement and unlikely to stand up to scrutiny, but good for you in taking the moral high ground. As for mixed in key..... really????

The dialogue between them and myself has been very pleasant. My initial reaction was similar to yours, but they made a convincing case to me (and I honestly don't mean that in a Don Corleone kind of way :D ).

The music software business is a tiny world. We all need to support each other from time to time and the last thing I want to do is create confusion due to naming issues.

Rozeta is a fitting name. I obviously think of the stone that solved the hieroglyphics :smile:

Indeed.. that was the initial line of thought. MIDI is in a way the Rosetta Stone that helps 'translate' the intentions between lots of very different MIDI apps and devices.

• edited November 2017

Shoulda gone with a maker.....midimaker

• @vpich said:
    Shoulda gone with a maker.....midimaker

I say again, Moneymaker.

• @brambos Hi Bram, I've changed all the video titles and stuff

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @brambos Hi Bram, I've changed all the video titles and stuff

That's awesome Doug. Thanks a lot!

• it is like Rosetta and Philae

• @TheVimFuego said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:

ruismaker.com/?page_id=611

Simple concept very nicely done, I was mucking around with all sorts of combinations in AUM this evening. A shame Model 15 needs so much grunt but what a sound ...

Thanks for the link. The sequencers are not my thing, but the LFO might be handy.

• edited November 2017

I love the new name. Particularly when rendered in that Ford Thunderbirdesque typeface. It’s like a retro-modern Möbius strip.

And folks: Once someone tells you the name they have aLREADY chosen for the baby? You really don’t get a vote. (Unless the kid’s name is Manson or Goebbels or something.)

• @brambos said:

@Love3quency said:
    Odesi is not the same as Odessa and the company who owns odesi doesn’t do stuff in iOS.

In fact they do, although it seems their main focus is on desktop...

Ok, my bad

• Dagnabbit I can’t Rosanna by Toto out of my head now.

• should have just called it “ Your Welcome”, because this is exactly what i was looking for, and didn’t even know it. thanks

• The evolution of the launch of this app has been a good ride :)

• 5 star review just left at AppStore :)
    Great job Brambos!