Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROZETA (PARTICLES out now)

Comments

• @gusgranite said:
    Request: I love it when sequencers can output a fixed number of bars and then stop. SeekBeats does this in its export options and Quantum can be programmed to just run for X bars (with the bonus of.all of the follow actions). This is very handy for creating loops without having to go back in after and play around with trimming to the last note/hit. It would be great if there was an option in all of the Rozeta apps to just run for X bars.

You can already do that using the Follow Actions. Just select the actions-button in the top right corner, specify how many bars you want it to play and then send it to an empty pattern.

Note that plugins can not stop the transport of the recording in AUM so you'll have to trim the silence from the recording yourself.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@brambos said:
    Another preview... Here are two instances of Particles.. one for the main synth, one for the bass part

Great stuff! Sounds like old Autechre :) Now you need something more algorithmic for the drums as well..

That's indeed what it reminded me of too. I had another intriguing particle cloud going with Kauldron.

I think you can already get quite algorithmic with the Rhythm sequencer with the mutation levels jacked up - but I agree.. there's potential for more magical rhythm generators.

:)

• @Philippe said:
    Sorry to reiterate, but repeatedly tapping left and right buttons to change value is a real pain in the ass, for touch screen especially.

Just press and hold.

• midi loop recorder AU, dude you almost have an AU Daw

• edited November 2017

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:
    Request: I love it when sequencers can output a fixed number of bars and then stop. SeekBeats does this in its export options and Quantum can be programmed to just run for X bars (with the bonus of.all of the follow actions). This is very handy for creating loops without having to go back in after and play around with trimming to the last note/hit. It would be great if there was an option in all of the Rozeta apps to just run for X bars.

You can already do that using the Follow Actions. Just select the actions-button in the top right corner, specify how many bars you want it to play and then send it to an empty pattern.

Note that plugins can not stop the transport of the recording in AUM so you'll have to trim the silence from the recording yourself.

OH YEAH! Totally missed the extra loop options when you select those actions.

Well that’s just marvellous then, isn’t it? :smiley:

• @brambos said:

@Philippe said:
    Sorry to reiterate, but repeatedly tapping left and right buttons to change value is a real pain in the ass, for touch screen especially.

Just press and hold.

Ok
    Will it ever be possible to scroll the values to open a more « live playing » type of use?

• @gusgranite said:

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

Do you have to wait until a sequence is playing before selecting an action or can you program it then hit start?

• @Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

Just press and hold.

Ok
    Will it ever be possible to scroll the values to open a more « live playing » type of use?

I only use the steppers for parameters that need precise control or that aren't meant to be tweaked live. There are very few 'tweak-worthy' parameters in Rozeta right now, but those that are get knobs or sliders in the UI. However, most paramters are of the set-once-and-forget kind so you can get on with tweaking in the actual synths.

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

Do you have to wait until a sequence is playing before selecting an action or can you program it then hit start?

You can program it any time you like :)

• @Hansson said:
    midi loop recorder AU, dude you almost have an AU Daw

Right, the only thing missing here.

• @brambos said:

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

Just press and hold.

Ok

I only use the steppers for parameters that need precise control or that aren't meant to be tweaked live. There are very few 'tweak-worthy' parameters in Rozeta right now, but those that are get knobs or sliders in the UI. However, most paramters are of the set-once-and-forget kind so you can get on with tweaking in the actual synths.

I see pretty much all parameters as "meant to be tweaked live" or "tweak worthy". Knobs are good because they allow fast jump off big increments and also allow to do many things at a time like leaving some fingers on some knobs always ready to tweak while looking and doing something else with the other fingers or hand. Sliders are the best for their visual feedback as long as they're not made in such a way that you need to aim for the tiny mobile part of the slider.

Touch screens have a lot of potential. It seems like UI designers still see and think in the mouse pointer paradigm.
    Should start a thread on that....

• edited November 2017

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

Just press and hold.

Ok

I see pretty much all parameters as "meant to be tweaked live" or "tweak worthy".

Hence we have different opionions on what are the most suitable controls for their respective parameters I guess. It's all a fine balance between how efficient a control is in terms of screen real estate, accessibility (Fitts' law), precision etc. I really don't believe every parameter needs to be tweaked live, so those don't deserve a lot of prime real estate in the UI :)

• @brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

You can program it any time you like :)

Right. I'm having trouble getting it to run a second time. Resetting back to start as it were. Running out the door for work so will play more tonight.

Bring on the weekend!

• Is it possible to share between devices?

• @Kühl said:
    Egyptology is a hobby of mine. Not the crazy ideas, but real science.

>

If you haven’t already, you might like to look into the Egyptian use of white powder gold. Strange and interesting substance.

• @brambos said:

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

Just press and hold.

Ok

I see pretty much all parameters as "meant to be tweaked live" or "tweak worthy".

Hence we have different opionions on what are the most suitable controls for their respective parameters I guess. It's all a fine balance between how efficient a control is in terms of screen real estate, accessibility (Fitts' law), precision etc. I really don't believe every parameter needs to be tweaked live, so those don't deserve a lot of prime real estate in the UI :)

A nice solution would be to open up all AU parameters to be midi assignable in AUM, then you can always use your own interface with knobs eg Lemur etc or hardware control them. :)

• Mad scientist

• @Hansson said:
    awesome, any thoughts about a Audio clip looper AU ?

Have you tried to put a File player in an AUM input slot? You can set it to loop, Midi control it, Midi control its playback rate. Sequence it using Rozeta!

• @bleep said:

@Hansson said:

Have you tried to put a File player in an AUM input slot? You can set it to loop, Midi control it, Midi control its playback rate. Sequence it using Rozeta!

This I have to try. Thanks again @bleep !

• @bleep said:

@Hansson said:

thats true, you could do that, but imagine the top half of blocs as an AU..

• @Carnbot said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

@brambos said:

@Philippe said:

Just press and hold.

Ok

A nice solution would be to open up all AU parameters to be midi assignable in AUM, then you can always use your own interface with knobs eg Lemur etc or hardware control them. :)

I second this. Expose all those parameters to the host! (Or at least just the lfo rate/mod... Yep. I know I'm getting desperate now .___. )

• I'm feeling stupid. How do I route the output of Rozeta to external midi hardware? The only destinations available in AUM are audio.

• @jigglypuff said:
    I'm feeling stupid. How do I route the output of Rozeta to external midi hardware? The only destinations available in AUM are audio.

I got it. I have a lot of midi sources because I have an iConnectMIDI. I didn't realize that I could scroll through them in the AUM midi routing interface. Sorted!

• @bleep said:

@Hansson said:

I'm hoping @j_liljedahl gets to the count-in and count-out mute feature!

• @brambos said:
    Here's a sneak preview for the first upcoming addition to the suite: Rozeta Particles - a MIDI Particle Generator

(work in progress)

This is what dreams are made of <3
    Can we have now triangles and other polygons besides rectangles? ;)

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So what are midi particles anyway?

In a nutshell: a cloud of MIDI notes bouncing around and making a sound whenever they hit a wall :)

The basic description reminds me of my favorite "dead" app Caelestis. I miss using that old one, and am super excited to hear something similar is coming to Rozeta. It will probably have some of your cool Brambos tricks in there too. Too cool! :)

• Thanks for putting in the new controls in Bassline, really easy to shift the sequence around now :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@bleep said:

@Hansson said:

Yeah, a quantized tempo synced mute insert fx is on the list..

• @j_liljedahl said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@bleep said:

@Hansson said:

Move it up! You know you want to... ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@bleep said:

@Hansson said:

Move it up! You know you want to... ;)

I do! Along a couple of other built in fx, like a noise gate, a simple compressor, etc..