Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - May 2017

Comments

• Beige Magnolia.

Two blind daters meeting:

"Oh Simon...... it is Simon isn't it? You do look vibrant in your jazzy, wild colourful suit. You must be a very interesting, well travelled man and have many friends and creative hobbies."

"Yes."

I have to wonder Simon.

• @crouchie You may say it's throwaway, but I really liked this! Very clear production, interesting throughout. Took me back to ambient stuff I used to listen to in the 1990's like The Orb 'Little fluffy Clouds' etc.

• @DefRobot said:
    @crouchie You may say it's throwaway, but I really liked this! Very clear production, interesting throughout. Took me back to ambient stuff I used to listen to in the 1990's like The Orb 'Little fluffy Clouds' etc.

Thank you, v kind. Love Fluffy Clouds, great tune!

• @gburks said:
    My first submission in a while! Here's a song about my dog. 2-step garage sort of beat with Korg Gadget, analog bass from Korg Minilogue, plucks/leads from a Juno-106, with guitar and ukulele. Lyrics in the spoiler.

Inflexible Dog

You say that you love me
    You say that we're true
    But every time you shove me
    I never come through

What we've got on our hands isn't just another dog
    When are you gonna tame that inflexible dog

You can take me or break me but one thing is true
    I'm never going to find another species quite like you
    That's great you bring me flowers but two rights don't right a wrong
    When're you gonna tame that inflexible dog?
    It's just another Sunday night and we're socked in with fog
    You're never gonna tame that inflexible dog

We've been here before, it's another prologue

I don't have no I don't have a dog in this fight
    And I don't have an idea about how to make things right
    I just know a few old tricks and I just know the way you tick
    and if you'll tame me I will try to be a better fit
    Don't feed me a cold dish of that same old dialog

Here comes the part of the tale that I dread
    To wake up and find that the doggy is dead
    Don't say that you'll miss the days, your memory I'll jog
    When we're finally rid of that inflexible dog

Great tune mate! I love how u use the Uke in there. :) Lots of nice textures which are easy on the ears. Interesting lyrics & a polished production. Bravo to u sir...I doth my cap! :)

• @crouchie Hello mate, I hear u on just wanting to get something....ANYTHING finished,so congrats on getting it done mate! This is fantastically polished as all of your songs are. I especially love the first drop. Really cool mate! Hopefully just finishing this will be enough to really get the ball rolling again. :)

• @theconnactic said:
    The first submission with vocals. Heavy metal! Have you all a nice weekend!

Well hello there mate! :# I take an 8 month break & come back to the one thing I kept getting at you to do! A VOCAL!! :D Woop woop!!! Way to try something different! Bravo! You can sing just fine mate! However I would have liked a bit more emotion in your performance, that's the next step. :) u want it to be as believable as possible.

As always the music was top notch! And once again great job in getting a vocal into one of your songs...hopefully that's opened the flood gates?? ;)

• @LostBoy85 They must all be sleeping so welcome home Leo. Crouchie as well... bumper month. No new tracks on SC surely means you have a new book out then. Oh yeah, if you do review my pile-a-punk, don't forget I know what you've been up to... :)

Good to see ya back. Now we wanna hear ya.

• @studs1966 said:

Wow!! This is bad ass production wise!!! I'd be extremely proud of myself if I made this! Fantastic! No nits, just great stuff man! :)

• @mariless Hi there, great riff and music production fo sho! Nice vocal performance but I would have like the vocals up a bit if I'm honest as I couldn't make out a lot of the lyrics. It is a great topic to write about though mate. :D You should post the lyrics. There were also a couple of lines that seemed a bit busy in places aswell (somewhere in the first half) and I thought it was about a minute too long. (Sorry dude, just my honest opinion) other than that I thought it was a very original and well produced track. I doth my cap to you sir! :)

• edited May 2017

@Vorgon Haha! Has such an opening line ever been sung with such heartfelt sincerity and sweetness??!! :D :D :D I will not forget that sage advice!! Thanks for making me laugh!! Nice harmonies mate!

• @JohnnyGoodyear Wow!! You've upped your video editing game since I've been gone Johnny!! This is beautifully done & synced perfectly. Fantastic imagery & production.

I'm quite frankly blown away by the quality of the video! Well done mate.

• @Bluepunk said:
    Beige Magnolia.

"Oh Simon...... it is Simon isn't it? You do look vibrant in your jazzy, wild colourful suit. You must be a very interesting, well travelled man and have many friends and creative hobbies."

"Yes."

I have to wonder Simon.

Oh Kev, your songs do make me laugh! Such funny stuff you write. I love it! How'd your neighbours feel about your screaming at the end?? :D I tell u what though mate this was a very believable performance & you used some cool tricks with the vocal production.

I almost feel sorry for these blokes you write about! :D i myself due to a sunburnt face am more of a razzle dazzle rose colour at the mo! So u can't write about me YET!! :p

I enjoyed your track a lot mate

• Hi everyone, well this is the first song I've written in 8 months!! I needed some time off to er....go and sing shit loads of songs with beautiful women all over the world! Surely u can't blame me no?? :D :p

Anyway, I wanted to try and write a "driving along the coast" kinda song! Now I don't play or own a guitar so I just kinda taught myself to play "guitarism", wacked that through tonestack and used Auria, GarageBand and chordbot for production. My mixing game is weak at the mo, but I just kinda wanted to get this DONE!

It's a song about a couple celebrating a successful long term relationship by taking a trip back to the start. (Shout out to my wife!! :D)

All thoughts are welcome! I'm a big boy, I can take it....no Kev, NOT LIKE THAT!! :p

• edited May 2017

@LostBoy85 Jesus and Mary Chain meets Echo and the Bunnymen feel but with the patented Leo pipes. Good to hear you back in the basement, we've missed your mad wardrobe skills Mister. This is an accomplished piece. Lots of structured stuff going that most of us should be aspiring to. Bit of a sudden stop maybe, was expecting some kind of crescendo (because you can :) ), but all round a really good bit of work.

• @LostBoy85 said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Beige Magnolia.

"Yes."

I have to wonder Simon.

Oh Kev, your songs do make me laugh! Such funny stuff you write. I love it! How'd your neighbours feel about your screaming at the end?? :D I tell u what though mate this was a very believable performance & you used some cool tricks with the vocal production.

I almost feel sorry for these blokes you write about! :D i myself due to a sunburnt face am more of a razzle dazzle rose colour at the mo! So u can't write about me YET!! :p

I enjoyed your track a lot mate

Thanks, I put my Sunday best on for your return. Dodgy ankle forced a Val Doonican for the first time and found the experience claustrophobic. Please don't worry, Simon is cool and just relieved I didn't drop in about his subscription to Horny HGVTV. He tells me he gets worked up over the cyclical movement of propshafts........ :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear Aww..thanks mate! It feels good to be writing again I must admit. It's great to see the club is still in good shape. I appreciate your kind words man...they shall spur me into the next one I'm sure!! :)

• @crouchie Love the intro vocal line about the quality of the performance, and then the whispered vocal line kicks in to give it an urgency that belies the fact it’s only really just beginning to ramp up. Enjoyed the melodies that started rolling through around 2:50 and also the coda that ramped up the final section. Reckon the real triumph of this tune is that it’s such a clear and uncluttered arrangement but geez it has some impact, great job!

@DefRobot, thanks for having a listen….I just checked out Eel’s Novocaine video on youtube, such a cool video and tune. Unfortunately I pretty much missed both bands you mentioned when they were contemporary …I was in a full metal (straight) jacket at that time :).

@Bluepunk I’m picturing you behind your giant pop filter singing about masturbating on one leg. I’m sort of hoping you’re not a singing version of a method actor, in that you have to live the moment to get the proper level of authenticity :). As usual, great guitar sounds with nary a fretted instrument in site. The imagery of your songs is awesome, there are so many ideas flowing through the vocal themes. Re the title, I wonder if beige gets a dirty rap? Probably not, I’m not sure the ‘Beige Album’ would trouble the white album or black album! Just listened to ‘More than that’ too and loved the guitar intro, tuba and overall delivery – it sort of felt like a sitcom that was taking the piss out of the listener. Great job! Also just realised I didn’t answer your question about the artwork on my tune....it’s not somewhere I’ve been but I thought it really hit the vibe I was looking for. There’s some great creative commons sites where photographers release images with really generous licensing permissions. So if a cover is beyond my feeble photography / photo-shopping capabilities, I usually have a look around and see what’s out there, and that was where this one came from.

@Lostboy85 Cool intro to your tune, jangly guitar intro and vocals took me back to the indie bands that were floating around Oz in the 90’s. Bass is well done from around 0:30 too, likewise background vocals. Arrangement is really good too, changes keep rolling through to keep it interesting. Re the mixing, it definitely has a bit of a lo-fi vibe, but geez that’s totally in keeping with the style of the tune. Reckon it’s maybe missing a cymbal hit at the end :).
    Dude, thanks for having a listen to my tune also and giving me some unhomogenised feedback! :) I reckon you’re spot on with everything raised, I normally aim for about 2:30 length wise, and this one just stretched out a bit cos the guitar parts just seemed to drop from the sky (and being a guitar pig, I couldn’t let em go!). Still struggling to find my niche with vocal delivery & mixing, but dang it I’ll just get back on the SOTMC horse :)

• @LostBoy85 said:

@studs1966 said:

Wow!! This is bad ass production wise!!! I'd be extremely proud of myself if I made this! Fantastic! No nits, just great stuff man! :)

Thank you very much @LostBoy85. I very much appreciate your kind comments. ;)

• Welcome back @LostBoy85! We all thought you were in Barbados recording an album with Shaun Ryder and Gary Barlow for the last few months. @Bluepunk was telling us all how epic it was going to be when it finally came out.

• @marliess said:
    @crouchie Love the intro vocal line about the quality of the performance, and then the whispered vocal line kicks in to give it an urgency that belies the fact it’s only really just beginning to ramp up. Enjoyed the melodies that started rolling through around 2:50 and also the coda that ramped up the final section. Reckon the real triumph of this tune is that it’s such a clear and uncluttered arrangement but geez it has some impact, great job!

Thanks very much, very kind of you and much appreciated!

• @LostBoy85 said:
    @crouchie Hello mate, I hear u on just wanting to get something....ANYTHING finished,so congrats on getting it done mate! This is fantastically polished as all of your songs are. I especially love the first drop. Really cool mate! Hopefully just finishing this will be enough to really get the ball rolling again. :)

Many thanks and good to hear from u again. Will review yours soon, looking forward to it. Also will try to get some singing in next month... (that's not a threat btw). ;-)

• @Vorgon Starts off like a jaunty computer game, nice sounds bouncing along. I think the vocals may have too much reverb. When they come in it almost drowns the track. If you could pull them back into the track a bit, it might work better?
    Anyway, it's just opinions, good luck :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear Cool atmospheric soundtrack type song. I like the vocal effects you have on this. Very original. Thumbs up.

• @Bluepunk Spat out lyrics, proper angry at how someone has done their decorating? Made me smile anyhow. If someone was to visit your gaff, would we expect a Jackson Pollock type scheme?
    I like the sentiment, don't settle for boooooring!

• @LostBoy85 Well structured song, all parts work well together :) Guitarism sounds good on this, don't matter what you use if it gets the desired effect. Gorgeous melodies and backing vox on this. Reminded me of Echo and the Bunnymen as well, but with a bit of Teenage Fanclub and Del Amitri?! Anyway, great stuff!

• @marliess Wow! Thanks very much mate! :) I'm glad u liked it. There's a good number of things I think I could do to make it better, but sometimes you just have to get it done and move onto the next one. Thanks for taking my thoughts on yours in the spirit they were meant. I look forward to hearing more of your stuff!

• @marliess also...I wish to heaven above I could get a song down to 3.30m never mind 2.30!!! :D

• Haha! @richardyot bloody @Bluepunk never listens to what I say! :D It was actually...Bradfield...with Chesney Hawks & Chico!!! :D Great to be back mate!

• @DefRobot Why thanks very much for listening & for your comments.

• @marliess said:

@Bluepunk I’m picturing you behind your giant pop filter singing about masturbating on one leg. I’m sort of hoping you’re not a singing version of a method actor, in that you have to live the moment to get the proper level of authenticity :). As usual, great guitar sounds with nary a fretted instrument in site. The imagery of your songs is awesome, there are so many ideas flowing through the vocal themes. Re the title, I wonder if beige gets a dirty rap? Probably not, I’m not sure the ‘Beige Album’ would trouble the white album or black album! Just listened to ‘More than that’ too and loved the guitar intro, tuba and overall delivery – it sort of felt like a sitcom that was taking the piss out of the listener. Great job! Also just realised I didn’t answer your question about the artwork on my tune....it’s not somewhere I’ve been but I thought it really hit the vibe I was looking for. There’s some great creative commons sites where photographers release images with really generous licensing permissions. So if a cover is beyond my feeble photography / photo-shopping capabilities, I usually have a look around and see what’s out there, and that was where this one came from.

Thank you.. so kind. Ah, you'll have to wait for the video then all will be revealed. Thanks for the pic info. I'd like to picnic there. Yes, beige. Originally it was ochre but I couldn't find enough malice to include my favourite Captain Scarlet character in this noise. Captain Ochre ...... I salute you. :)