Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - May 2017

Comments

• @trackedout said:
    @crouchie I want more energy more changes more of something but the fact that it makes me want more is a good thing. I listened to it multiple times trying to figure out how I felt and I realized it had what I wanted it to towards the end

Thank you, grateful for you listening and I take your point. I don't think I always get the balance right between the drops and keeping the groove going. I will keep trying ;-). Cheers

• @LostBoy85 great start for after a break, your production is similar to the way I work , yet sounds way different, it's gotta be that magic in your golden voice . I wish I had 8 months to travel the world and sing with beautiful woman . I would come back writing a happy song too. This song is a happy song to me, and I see no problem with the mix. I'll drive up the coast and bump it and let you know how I feel about it then

• Here's my first effort.
    Rough mix, think various bits need work. So please, roast my mix!

• @JohnnyGoodyear great score. Great job.. i have to say this is one of my favorites of yours .good job on both visuakn audio

• @Bluepunk cool track dude. I love the mix on this one. Couldnt have done it myself. You definetely shine in your style. Good job

• @DefRobot definetely not what i was expecting. I think theres a bit of low end that needs to be worked out. I dig the song and i personally like the style. Its a tad bit muddy and sounds like a live recording in the basement recording on a tascam 424 4 track going into the red.drums def sound real. I think distordet guit can come down ,the other guitars are barely peeking thru. Good job on the writing i like the song

• edited May 2017

@trackedout Thanks for the feedback :)
    As it was recorded entirely in my back bedroom on an iPad using Cubasis, I feel it's an achievement making it sound like a live band in a basement!
    :wink:
    I had a feeling it wasn't bright enough.
    Any suggestions for cleaning up a muddy bottom end are welcome!

• @DefRobot said:
    @trackedout Thanks for the feedback :)
    As it was recorded entirely in my back bedroom on an iPad using Cubasis, I feel it's an achievement making it sound like a live band in a basement!
    :wink:
    I had a feeling it wasn't bright enough.
    Any suggestions for cleaning up a muddy bottom end are welcome!

Suffer the same. I've been on the EQ learning curve forever, trying to appreciate and understand what it does, and how to use it in basic form. What helped was ZMORS EQ app (others are available) and its presets. Loaded up a Bass Drum preset, checked out the curve/frequencies etc, then attempted to get a similar sound on the Cubasis EQ. Did the same with a Bass Guitar preset and you can see/hear subtle differences. There are mixing maestros on here, and upstairs that know these things. In fact, I'm sure there was a discussion about this a couple of weeks back but haven't a clue what the thread was, sorry. Will try to locate but tech and punk aren't mates. :)

• Cheers @Bluepunk
    I think it's a case of too much happening at the Low Mid range. If I can cut some dbs on instruments around there?
    I'm not overly fond of the Cubasis reverb either. I think that gives a muddy sound. I've heard the Virsyn AudioReverb app mentioned, so might try that.

• @Vorgon said:

Profane idiocy, basically.

Ha! Liked it, made me chuckle. Vocal was very muffled, didn't match the clarity of the instrumental mix (there was a really nice sort of delay/pad/echo thing going on in the background behind the arp, couldn't q make it out but sounded really nice - what was that?). Good tune!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    A friend died. As happens. And where there's no available future, it's the past one thinks of.

Beeyootiful! Loved it, wonderfully professional, hypnotic, must've taken you bloody ages. Seriously impressed. My favourite the vocoded voices echoing the lyric, really loved that. Which app for that? For me the visuals really bring your stuff alive. Brilliant

• @Love3quency said:
    Here is something I did yesterday on my iphone and with alchemy in GB. An ambient soundscape thingy and it's short but I'll make longer..

Had to upload to a new YouTube channel as sound cloud really annoys on iOS lol

Sounds lovely, lot of potential, and agree about SC

• @Bluepunk said:
    Beige Magnolia.

Two blind daters meeting:

"Oh Simon...... it is Simon isn't it? You do look vibrant in your jazzy, wild colourful suit. You must be a very interesting, well travelled man and have many friends and creative hobbies."

"Yes."

I have to wonder Simon.

Wonderful as always. Chuckled a lot, but at times did just struggle to hear the lyric clearly (ha! the irony of me making that observation). I love the idea of harmonising "Bowen", early on, made me laugh! The backing track was really nicely varied, big improvements on what u were doing 6 months ago (nothing wrong with those tunes mind). Lovely drum panning! Great stuff!

• @LostBoy85 said:
    Hi everyone, well this is the first song I've written in 8 months!! I needed some time off to er....go and sing shit loads of songs with beautiful women all over the world! Surely u can't blame me no?? :D :p

Anyway, I wanted to try and write a "driving along the coast" kinda song! Now I don't play or own a guitar so I just kinda taught myself to play "guitarism", wacked that through tonestack and used Auria, GarageBand and chordbot for production. My mixing game is weak at the mo, but I just kinda wanted to get this DONE!

It's a song about a couple celebrating a successful long term relationship by taking a trip back to the start. (Shout out to my wife!! :D)

All thoughts are welcome! I'm a big boy, I can take it....no Kev, NOT LIKE THAT!! :p

That's great! Bit more rocky than I would normally go for, but I always had a soft spot for Del Amitri (admittedly more their early indie stuff) and ur voice does remind me of Justin Thingumy's (i hope that doesn't fill u with rage - a while back some peeps on this forum said I sounded like Heaven 17, I'm still working through it in therapy). It's got a great hook and the mix is really well balanced. You get your voice sitting beautifully in the mix which I can just never do. Really like it a lot

• @trackedout said:

Mate! Your arrangements have come on leaps and bounds since I was last here, there is a load going on here, really kept me interested throughout. Although not necessarily my thing I always find myself liking your stuff, and this is one of the better ones I reckon. My only complaint is that I find the compression a little too aggressive, making the ducking a bit off putting at times, but I've happily given it several run throughs and liked it a lot. Love the drum outro too. Great stuff

• @crouchie said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Beige Magnolia.

Two blind daters meeting:

"Oh Simon...... it is Simon isn't it? You do look vibrant in your jazzy, wild colourful suit. You must be a very interesting, well travelled man and have many friends and creative hobbies."

"Yes."

I have to wonder Simon.

Wonderful as always. Chuckled a lot, but at times did just struggle to hear the lyric clearly (ha! the irony of me making that observation). I love the idea of harmonising "Bowen", early on, made me laugh! The backing track was really nicely varied, big improvements on what u were doing 6 months ago (nothing wrong with those tunes mind). Lovely drum panning! Great stuff!

Thank you and you make a valid point about the clarity. Put some real effects on them all for the first time and found it tricky to EQ/balance the lead and backing. Logically (now) the lead didn't need them. Distorted guitarisms with distorted vocals wouldn't help either. Yeah cool, I like it and another entry into the book... thanks. :)

• @DefRobot said:
    Here's my first effort.

Would fully believe I was listening to this on a black piece of brittle vinyl circa 1966.

• @Bluepunk said:
    Beige Magnolia.

Madness, madness, war. Albeit in your own special form. Some real pearls in here. And, yes, I going to repeat what's already been repeated, and ask for a big/brighter/more clear vocal mix. Not of the howling perhaps, but certainly of the 'verse' lyrics. Your oeuvre (ha!) is a matter of social diatribe disguised in a punk t-shirt. which is good and fine, but the words mustn't be thrown away, too good. Simon.

• @Vorgon said:

I wish I had been given this important insight in my years running in fear from the sniffer dogs. Genuinely silly. Can't be better than that. But, yeah, if you're going to tell the Queen to smear her balls etc etc then let's go the whole way and have that vocal mix as crisp as can be...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Beige Magnolia.

Madness, madness, war. Albeit in your own special form. Some real pearls in here. And, yes, I going to repeat what's already been repeated, and ask for a big/brighter/more clear vocal mix. Not of the howling perhaps, but certainly of the 'verse' lyrics. Your oeuvre (ha!) is a matter of social diatribe disguised in a punk t-shirt. which is good and fine, but the words mustn't be thrown away, too good. Simon.

Thank you and back to a Colgate sparkle next outing. There's a silo of Simons ( :) ) around here and yes, we are boring. At our ABM tonight they voted me as new treasurer and the members giggled excitedly when I upped the Balsa Wood budget. Cheers.

Ps. Snapped the axle assembling pram. New one coming tomorrow. :)

• @Bluepunk said:

Snapped the axle assembling pram.

This is pure spy speak.

• @crouchie thanks for giving it a go.. i work with what i got. For example on the bass part i was going to put a guitar solo but ended up in a guitarless situation so i made several distorted vocal tracks instead in an attemped to create feedback but got a different sound i liked. Im glad you enjoyed

• @Love3quency Welcome. Mister Love, I apologise for missing your track. That your name involves 'love' is inexcusable and I will hurt myself badly shorty. So soundscapes.... but didn't you make dance tracks before, or is my inside info wrong? Relaxing and therapeutic gear this is and all created in a yesterday.... wow! The Sir of Soundscapes @BvsMV doesn't visit anymore but if you do return, will help to fill the void. Now, as for making the track longer..... Pleasant and pleasing. Nice. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@DefRobot said:
    Here's my first effort.

Would fully believe I was listening to this on a black piece of brittle vinyl circa 1966.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing!

• @trackedout Thanks, appreciate that. Interesting and varied views regarding your vocals, and compression. You know what camp I'm in but wasn't aware of the reasons for you not cranking the vox delivery up a notch. Now, I cannot wait until you find the time/space/location to be able to give the tonsils a good rasping. Exciting. Dote on that vulnerability in your vocals, and because you've increased both tempo and fabulous fuckedupness on this track, your tried and tested delivery style comes through even more. You recorded your vocals riding a bike before, and you're chatting to @LostBoy85 so, with his experience of different vocal booths, you may come up with an idea along the way. Screwed me up, spat the bits of cartilage out, then stamped on my rib cage until death. YES. A perfect lullaby. Such a talent you are.

Are they really that strict over there about noise? Get yourself to Wales mate. Foreigners can sing as loud as they want here..... and better. :)

That'll get the Orchardman choir scribbling out a song this weekend.

• @DefRobot You comment, ask questions, have the craic, and now you show us what you're about musically. Noticed the thread you had to post upstairs for advice. Unfortunately, the majority down here in the tub have issues. Guitarists (if you are one, and your song hints that you are, you are the exception) don't ask or answer questions. Asked how to get a specific tone on February 6th.... yeah..... so you are wise not to wait too long down here. Your name pushed me into expecting something completely different and took my lugs by surprise. They'll be no roasting of mixes from me because it's all about the song. Course, there's always scope/time to hone in on the technicals but without the material in the first place........ And your material is bloody good. Send the link to Tarantino... has a psychopath edge to the feel. A driving, chugging cactus of a thing and images of two stuttering (on purpose) chainsaws amputating limbs are vivid. Serene, scrumptious, thoughtful lyrics.... what a first go! Congratulations.

Muddy bottom end. If we delete the processes that we know _will not _ help first. What I've learnt this month (so far) is that slapping Marmite on nads creates diarrhoea. So no to that but it would make a unique EQ chart that's a fact. :)

• @Bluepunk Your reviews truly are a thing of beauty. They remind me of Steve Sutherland of the NME back in the 80s and 90s.
    Descriptive gems painting a picture. I cannot thank you enough for your kind words.
    I love the Tarantino sound reference.
    I feel like I'm a 'forced' guitarist - I can't stand the technical bollocks that a lot indulge in.
    It's a means to an end for me.
    The mixing post I posted in the forum is because I'd like the whole thing to sound as best as possibly can. Thanks again :)

• No no one is strict about it @bluepunk . It's finding a comfort private zone. That's why riding a bike worked perfect for me cause I was free and alone. .. I'm shy about it. And most my tracking is a improvised go at it.

• @DefRobot said:
    @Bluepunk Your reviews truly are a thing of beauty. They remind me of Steve Sutherland of the NME back in the 80s and 90s.
    Descriptive gems painting a picture. I cannot thank you enough for your kind words.
    I love the Tarantino sound reference.
    I feel like I'm a 'forced' guitarist - I can't stand the technical bollocks that a lot indulge in.
    It's a means to an end for me.
    The mixing post I posted in the forum is because I'd like the whole thing to sound as best as possibly can. Thanks again :)

Ah, two decades that I missed.... damn.... although did squeeze in Gaz Bushell from 'Sounds' and his 'Oi' family. Yes I feel the same, and will be following your thread religiously. Good luck. :)

• @marliess your vocals are coming on nicely, there's a big improvement in the delivery. I think this is a cool song, which could be improved with a few minor fixes: some of the lines are a little bit too dense, you're struggling get all the words out, they would work better if you were as strict with the meter as you are with the rhymes, so that the flow is there and you can sing them more naturally.

I think the guitar riff is good, but you could improve the tone, it's a little harsh for me, something a little softer, warmer, would be nicer to listen to IMO.

The song is a little too long, I would cut out the "blow your mind" sections and use the "Mr Disney" sections as the only chorus. The strongest section is after the drop at 3 minutes, that's where the vocal melody is at its best, and the rhythm really flows.

I really love the nanananana bit at the end - I would use that as a recurring hook in the song (think Heart of Glass which uses that repeated "Nananah" hook to such great effect).