Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - May 2017

Comments

• @theconnactic Music has made my day and you've added to the joy Dimitri. Good to get a metal mania tune into the Club and wasn't expecting one from you at all. The smoke coming from every digit isn't clogging up the strings because you play with precision and gentleness. Feel in safe hands.

And to choose metal to show off your vocals, threw me sideways.. Wow... fair play. Played this a few times the other night, and again now. I like to watch the facial expressions of vocalists as they sing. Learning to accentuate certain moves to see if it helps to get the word(s)/message across. You are a top musician and you have that locked away in your bank, so this time it is a pleasure to hear your personal instrument getting a run out. So chuffed that you have broken your cherry and NO turning back now. Congratulations, great gear. :)

Pop filters. How do you stay the same distance from the thing for the whole song? Mmmm, dancing is a problem I need to eradicate.

• @marliess 'But what if the hero doesn't live to save the day?' Well, book me a ticket please to that film... your film? Yes, make a vid for this, great fun. Fabulous intro that instantly got me involved. Soaring guitar down the throat, backed up by the subtle fella in the left lug. Riffage is memorable/slightly eerie and a bugger to whistle or yodel. You've spent some time on the skins and developed a meaty/full sounding kit. Cutting the hats, then reintroducing them. Tom rolls/flicks are real, and best of all the very last hit at 4.30.... a roto tom thwack! Listen to that slack air sir.... wow.

Your words paint vivid pictures and some lines had me giggling, unlike the cover art which felt dark (good). The contrast is thoughtful.... is that place near to you? Glad you got rid of Jack and Jill first. Mad and brilliant. Not them, no way... you and your song. :)

• @crouchie EPIC. LOVE IT. So glad you're back. Normally come over faint seeing a track is longer than 2 minutes but.... please take home and treble it. What a powerhouse slab of club menace music this is and I resonate with it. Addictive... utterly, and all in Auria Pro. Ultra coolness saturates throughout and makes your song relevant. You gotta thing sir. Your bass drum nails me to the floorboards like a decent indica used to, and the snare/hat combo sky's like a sativa did. In fact while we are on about such things, go take a tablet... what'd you mean it's not good.... what! Fills my head, chest and guts with stunning sound. The shakes in the left hemisphere, the echoes of you nailing corrugated iron sheets to timber is insane and beautiful. Changing hats dynamics from kisses on the off to snogging with tongues, hard and straight on fours. The rise and fall. The detail..... ah.

There's a shelf above the top shelf that few know about, let alone see. You're on it with this song. 'Welcome in the bad man.' Cor what! Delicious. Could whisper up the whisper a tad but that could've been me chatting up the drummer and the rest of the band while this years hardest, dirtiest club anthem was pumping out. Monumental. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    @crouchie EPIC. LOVE IT. So glad you're back. Normally come over faint seeing a track is longer than 2 minutes but.... please take home and treble it. What a powerhouse slab of club menace music this is and I resonate with it. Addictive... utterly, and all in Auria Pro. Ultra coolness saturates throughout and makes your song relevant. You gotta thing sir. Your bass drum nails me to the floorboards like a decent indica used to, and the snare/hat combo sky's like a sativa did. In fact while we are on about such things, go take a tablet... what'd you mean it's not good.... what! Fills my head, chest and guts with stunning sound. The shakes in the left hemisphere, the echoes of you nailing corrugated iron sheets to timber is insane and beautiful. Changing hats dynamics from kisses on the off to snogging with tongues, hard and straight on fours. The rise and fall. The detail..... ah.

There's a shelf above the top shelf that few know about, let alone see. You're on it with this song. 'Welcome in the bad man.' Cor what! Delicious. Could whisper up the whisper a tad but that could've been me chatting up the drummer and the rest of the band while this years hardest, dirtiest club anthem was pumping out. Monumental. :)

Now that is a masterclass in how to review a song, pure class Bluey

• @gburks that's a wonderfully quirky and enjoyable track, could have been released on Shimmy Disc and been right at home. Love the little instrumental breaks between the verses, and the overall atmosphere and eccentricity. It doesn't really sound like 2-step to me :) What's really cool is that it doesn't sound like EDM at all, despite the Minilogue and the Juno.

I really like the slightly eastern sounding melodies.

• @theconnactic stylistically this is not my genre, so I should probably recuse myself from making any artistic judgements, I might risk sounding like an angry parent telling his kids to turn that racket down :D

Technically very impressive though, especially the finger drumming - that is some tight rhythm chops you have there.

• @Bluepunk said:
    @crouchie EPIC. LOVE IT. So glad you're back. Normally come over faint seeing a track is longer than 2 minutes but.... please take home and treble it. What a powerhouse slab of club menace music this is and I resonate with it. Addictive... utterly, and all in Auria Pro. Ultra coolness saturates throughout and makes your song relevant. You gotta thing sir. Your bass drum nails me to the floorboards like a decent indica used to, and the snare/hat combo sky's like a sativa did. In fact while we are on about such things, go take a tablet... what'd you mean it's not good.... what! Fills my head, chest and guts with stunning sound. The shakes in the left hemisphere, the echoes of you nailing corrugated iron sheets to timber is insane and beautiful. Changing hats dynamics from kisses on the off to snogging with tongues, hard and straight on fours. The rise and fall. The detail..... ah.

Too kind! That's such a great review I'm currently having it transcribed onto my chest as a tattoo and will be spending the rest of the year with no shirt on. Soon we will have a Review of the Month thread, where we all try desperately to make tunes even remotely worthy of your fantastic words.

I do really appreciate it though, you take a lot of time and trouble to help others feel good about what they do, and that is a wonderful thing. Nice to be back :-)

• @crouchie said:

@Bluepunk said:

Too kind! That's such a great review I'm currently having it transcribed onto my chest as a tattoo and will be spending the rest of the year with no shirt on. Soon we will have a Review of the Month thread, where we all try desperately to make tunes even remotely worthy of your fantastic words.

I do really appreciate it though, you take a lot of time and trouble to help others feel good about what they do, and that is a wonderful thing. Nice to be back :-)

A brilliant song. Please make sure you've got the spacing right before needle penetrates skin. Was being rather ambitious/cocky asking for that long Welsh railway station to be slapped on somewhere. Compromised (had to) with Rhyl. :)

• Here is something I did yesterday on my iphone and with alchemy in GB. An ambient soundscape thingy and it's short but I'll make longer..

Had to upload to a new YouTube channel as sound cloud really annoys on iOS lol

• Very good quality, just right for the clubs..not my kind of house but many would reside in it I am sure

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    A friend died. As happens. And where there's no available future, it's the past one thinks of.

Beautiful song and video. You have made some pure ART. Enjoyed the song and beautiful made video clip. If this is made for a friend who recently passed away, he/she should be proud of you. I never seen such a high quality video clip like this before posted anywhere. Top notch :)

• @Vorgon Welcome, and with the words "Smear your balls with Marmite....', please return soon. Have you tried spreadage on the old love blobs? Must've done to write about the experience. I support the case for marmite and would like your guidance on the thickness for a first timer please. Impossible not to grin with your lyrics and smiles aplenty here.... Thanks. The rhythm evokes memories of horse riding on a traveling train (don't ask) with a kind of mutant, off kilter clippety-clop thing, that appears comforting at first. After a few plays the music morphed from being instantly happy to something else. Don't know what that is yet but I like it, and it may well pop out in your song next month. I enjoy your creativity and song writing skills.

Trying chilli next? No.. DONT! :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear A time and a place. Sorry and sad to hear. Forgive me if none of this makes sense and is all jumbled up, but you've left me in tatters, breathless. Transported me to a place that is full of emptiness... but I don't know/understand, of what. Tears are not dripping from eyelashes, no, they are seeping from heart to soul, where it really matters. You're a balancer; a righter (and of course a writer) of emotions. Monitoring euphoria levels and if you notice there is too much on that side, skilfully pull back on its lever, and forward (slowly/gently) with the reminder lever that things are not all bloody round and easy. 'Replicate alone' and particularly 'seek comfort' are delivered with hard, swollen tonsils so they tunnel deep inside the listener to accentuate the sorrow.

Techy stuff. The vocoder words fit in and makes me think they were spoken from a different parish/universe/time, answering you. But we can't hear what's being said and throws up many questions that I won't bore you with.

The video is genius Mister Word. Faces, places, all beautiful, weaving their powerful influences. Felt this and it hurt. Good for the soul.. and reminds. I thank you.

• @Bluepunk Thank you Mister Punk. It is an interior piece more than anything. Not an explanation as much as a memory book for someone I had a very complicated relationship with (in almost all senses). And thus no words shared behind the jump. Their passing taught me (in feeling not intellect) that there are ones that are the ones you will miss the most, but you won't know they're those ones until they're gone and mostly because you never imagined this odd world would continue with you in it without them also.

• @Proto said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    A friend died. As happens. And where there's no available future, it's the past one thinks of.

Beautiful song and video. You have made some pure ART. Enjoyed the song and beautiful made video clip. If this is made for a friend who recently passed away, he/she should be proud of you. I never seen such a high quality video clip like this before posted anywhere. Top notch :)

Very kind. Thank you. Truth is, as ever, that I wish now I could share it with them somehow, or, better yet, have communicated with them when the opportunity was easily available. Usual human slowness to understand.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Bluepunk Thank you Mister Punk. It is an interior piece more than anything. Not an explanation as much as a memory book for someone I had a very complicated relationship with (in almost all senses). And thus no words shared behind the jump. Their passing taught me (in feeling not intellect) that there are ones that are the ones you will miss the most, but you won't know they're those ones until they're gone and mostly because you never imagined this odd world would continue with you in it without them also.

Thank you for sharing with us.

• @gburks said:
    My first submission in a while! Here's a song about my dog. 2-step garage sort of beat with Korg Gadget, analog bass from Korg Minilogue, plucks/leads from a Juno-106, with guitar and ukulele. Lyrics in the spoiler.

Love it! Lovely bass sound, really like the uke in there. Got a nice feel to it. Only thing that would further enhance my enjoyment is having the beats a little louder/heavier, but the mix really works. Great stuff!

• @studs1966 said:

Actually that is class, really good. Subtle mixture of timings, great drops, funk/disco/house groove, and to my ears pretty much the finished article. Great tune and I think this edited length is perfect. Brilliant.

• @theconnactic said:
    The first submission with vocals. Heavy metal! Have you all a nice weekend!

Well! The style is a change eh? I can live with that. I'll admit to having a couple of Ministry albums in my collection, nothing wrong with that. In fact I think the backing track is great and ticks all the boxes for this thrash style. It's just that I think you needed to shout the vocal more, and then distort it more too. But it's a great tune and I love the variation!

• @marliess said:

I love how well structured and mixed this is. I also love the fact that I found myself chuckling along to the lyrics on a couple of occasions. It's a great tune and a clever arrangement. Really good stuff

• @crouchie said:

@marliess said:

I love how well structured and mixed this is. I also love the fact that I found myself chuckling along to the lyrics on a couple of occasions. It's a great tune and a clever arrangement. Really good stuff

@crouchie many thanks for the feedback. I just read a book by Mike Senior that gives great coverage to song structure, so glad it may have paid off. Thanks also to @Vorgon & @Bluepunk for having listen too.

@Bluepunk your reviews are incredibly entertaining and inspired...i can imagine you doing a youtube channel of song reviews, with delivery somewhere between attenborough and the crocodile hunter, with leather, spikes and expletive thrown in for good measure! And magic mushrooms if you ever get writers block! It is very cool whenever your reviews drop, even more so for one's own tunes.

@Vorgon happy upbeat vibe, with a very nintendo / arcade parlour vibe around 0.20 mark. Im a bit scared you might do a video...something about balls and marmite and diarrhoea.

@JohnnyGoodyear great video, tracks perfectly with the tune and it really grabbed me in that context. Congrats on venturing into such emotionally deep territory with the subject matter. The sounds are really well produced. I'd usually put my blinkers on to ambient music (close minded fool, I am), but paired with the vid it is great. Best vid ive seen on SOTMC (not a knock on any of the other vids, more a nod to the growing quality of the visual accompaniments we're seeing), and a great music vid in its own right. Would love to hear how you made it.

• @marliess said:
    @Bluepunk your reviews are incredibly entertaining and inspired...i can imagine you doing a youtube channel of song reviews, with delivery somewhere between attenborough and the crocodile hunter, with leather, spikes and expletive thrown in for good measure! And magic mushrooms if you ever get writers block! It is very cool whenever your reviews drop, even more so for one's own tunes.

He's right you know. You'll never need the mushrooms neither :)

• @marliess said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear great video, tracks perfectly with the tune and it really grabbed me in that context. Congrats on venturing into such emotionally deep territory with the subject matter. The sounds are really well produced. I'd usually put my blinkers on to ambient music (close minded fool, I am), but paired with the vid it is great. Best vid ive seen on SOTMC (not a knock on any of the other vids, more a nod to the growing quality of the visual accompaniments we're seeing), and a great music vid in its own right. Would love to hear how you made it.

Thanks for taking the time. Thoughtful feedback in both senses. I like making little bits of film. What's odd about it is that while I have little interest in working the desktop for music, when it comes to visuals, and while I appreciate what strides iOS apps have made, I really only work/edit in Premiere.

I am not a precise music person. I like music because I can connect more with feelings without having to think (too hard) about the technical aspects. But film/video is one of the few areas where despite my limited abilities I want to be precise, and for now the desktop/big screen (and another pot of coffee) is the place for that. Thanks again.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@marliess said:

He's right you know. You'll never need the mushrooms neither :)

Cheers a lot, but it is ALL about the music in this Club so you make it easy. Gave them up moons ago. Good fun but:

Shrooms + moving train + riding horse = broken bones. Mere surface wounds compared to the lurid green gerbil (or was that Steve) who was racing me, straddling the fuselage of a 747 whipping/screaming like Pat Eddery/Dave Grohl. The rodent won and snapped his femur and.... and... We did have some bad trips as well..... :)

• @gburks Good quirky tune! Vocals reminded me a little of a mellow John Lennon and the whole sound made me think The Divine Comedy mixed with Pet shop boys.

• @studs1966 Great melody and tune. As others have said, fantastic production job.
    Pitchshifter on vocals or natural tone?

• @theconnactic Can hear the effort that's gone into this, good guitar skills - wish I could play as well as that. Reminded me of System of a Down.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

But film/video is one of the few areas where despite my limited abilities I want to be precise, and for now the desktop/big screen (and another pot of coffee) is the place for that.

Thanks for sharing your approach to video @JohnnyGoodyear, precision is a great way to describe your vid as it syncs seamlessly with the tune. It's great we've reached the point where the tunes can compete sonically with desktop offerings, i guess video production remains as a final frontier to completely shaking the desktop shackles....notwithstanding @Vorgon and any ipad vid he might make of marmite, balls and diarrhoea!

• @marliess love the drums and riff.
    My reviews will generally mention music it reminded me of, so I'm gonna say Eels and They might be Giants

• @DefRobot said:
    @studs1966 Great melody and tune. As others have said, fantastic production job.
    Pitchshifter on vocals or natural tone?

Thank you. The vocal acapella is natural.
    :)