Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeSoft Mood

Comments

• Unfortunately you can't select the midi symbol in the AU panel to assign controls yet, hopefully @scarbo will add this option.

• edited June 2017

For anyone intrested in blending an instrument sample with the synth engine and stay in tune :

1. Record a c3 or c4 note.
    2. Import and load in the sampler.
    3. Turn the sampler on and adjust volume, speed and jitter to your liking.

Finished.

Sounds so much better than just using the synth alone. :)

Edit: Synth alone also sounds very good, but this way you can achieve that magic touch.

• edited June 2017

Here's a bank of presets. I didn't bother to edit down to the best, so there's multiple versions of most patches (around 70 total, I think). There's some great stuff in there, though, geared mostly towards the usable side instead of the chaotic noise side. They're also probably all pretty quiet because I can't stand peaking presets. You may have to do a little sifting, but hey free sounds. Hope someone finds enjoyment out of them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiuzi8pg5s2ay0e/BS-1.mood?dl=0

• edited June 2017

@oat_phipps said:
    Here's a bank of presets. I didn't bother to edit down to the best, so there's multiple versions of most patches (around 70 total, I think). There's some great stuff in there, though, geared mostly towards the usable side instead of the chaotic noise side. They're also probably all pretty quiet because I can't stand peaking presets. You may have to do a little sifting, but hey free sounds. Hope someone finds enjoyment out of them:

Would really like to enjoy, does the link provide the presets to directly open in mood?

• @oat_phipps said:

im loving these. but some of them are giving missing sample errors.
    e.g:- everything clickin says "STO_Loops_A_01_E.wav was not found!"

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@oat_phipps said:

im loving these. but some of them are giving missing sample errors.
    e.g:- everything clickin says "STO_Loops_A_01_E.wav was not found!"

Oops, my fault. There are very few with samples though. And yes, the link goes directly to the bank.

• edited June 2017

Modulating every knob so easily is......amazing. apeSoft is......amazing.

Finally have some time to play. Impressed and elated as always.

• This app is so good! I was digging it 7/10 till i found Red Sky Lullabye's presets, holy smokes! Lush for dayzzz

• My love of and familiarity with the MiniMoog has made this my go to synth. It's just so simple to dial in something interesting and musical. And then when you want to push it into full on "stupid mode" there's so many ways to go.

Thanks, apeSoft - I will now be picking up the remaining apps of yours that I don't have already...

• edited July 2017

Is it possible somehow to midi learn paramters for use in Cubasis? Mine are greyed out when I try.

• edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 I picked it up a couple of weeks back for my birthday. I've been happily making space noises ever since ;)

• Playing with the arp edit. This app is under rated!

• It's so easy to just open up and play and create interesting things.

• This one just hasn't clicked with me. Sounds too harsh and digital or something.

• @gleandibson said:
    This one just hasn't clicked with me. Sounds too harsh and digital or something.

I think the filter and resonance make things too 'smeary' but not enough to keep me coming back to it again and again.

• I really like this app.
    I need to exercise some self-discipline (good luck with that, Jeff!) and limit myself to building some tracks using only it. It is very rich, deep, and versatile.

• Can someone please tell me how many of my banks are in this app? presets

What is the name?

How many are in it?

Thanks

I may have a new bank to give

• edited August 2017

@RustiK said:
    Can someone please tell me how many of my banks are in this app? presets

What is the name?

How many are in it?

Thanks

I have RUSTiK: Alpha

That is all with your name

• @Redo1 said:

@RustiK said:
    Can someone please tell me how many of my banks are in this app? presets

What is the name?

How many are in it?

Thanks

I have RUSTiK: Alpha

That is all with your name

How many are in it?

• Since the keyboard has been added front and centre to the AUv3, I’ve finally started to have fun with this thing rather than feeling like I’m studying for a test. Amazing filter! So creamy.

• Loving MOOD too! One of my favs.

@RedSkyLullaby “boarded canada“ and „warmer pad“ never stops to inspire me!

• @RUST( i )K
    Got rustik alpha as well... 24 presets 0-23 :)

• Has anyone tried to MIDI map this? I mapped the whole thing once then changed the preset and the map disappeared. So I tried just mapping one control and choosing 'random preset'. Same thing. It doesn't come back when I change back to the previously mapped preset, either. That doesn't happen with the Moog Model D. Is it me or is it it?

• They replied within the hour. Cannot fault that.

Here's their reply in full:

Hello,
    Midi assignations are saved in presets so changing preset will load new configuration,
    However if you want keep one global configuration you need to open the built in app settings and disable the option ‘include control manager in presets’
    Hope this will help you,
    Thanks cheers.

Hope this helps others too.

• @ashh in this case though, why did you not get back the first presets midi mapping when you changed back to it?

• Guys, how this one compared to Moog app? I got it for free until pandemic freebies, but I barely use it beacuse of cpu spikes. Drop it on, add 2-3 FX + drum machine and Air 2 is out

• edited May 2020

@lazyass said:
    Guys, how this one compared to Moog app? I got it for free until pandemic freebies, but I barely use it beacuse of cpu spikes. Drop it on, add 2-3 FX + drum machine and Air 2 is out

Rebooted Air2, AUM, Buffer 512, default patches

ModelD settles at 75% with 2 ModelD, 3 takes it permanently into the red

Mood touched 40% with 15 loaded.
    Should be enough.
    I never use Model D

• Magellan 2 is the 🐝🐝 knees

• @Gavinski said:
    @ashh in this case though, why did you not get back the first presets midi mapping when you changed back to it?

No idea mate. I'll post here if I recreate it.