Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeSoft Mood

Comments

• edited May 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Anybody having trouble with link? Drifts CRAZILY against a Recife beat in AUM. Or does the arp not have anything to do with bpm? Playing an arp, changed the tempo -- 120 to 88 to 166 -- arp unchanged.

Try running it outside Aum. Just as a test. Aum sometimes overrides the link setting in apps. By arp you mean the xlfo right ? Make sure the little link symbol under the rate knob is on.

• Same thing outside AUM. Changing the tempo within Mood has zero effect on the arp, though Recife responded.

• edited May 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Same thing outside AUM. Changing the tempo within Mood has zero effect on the arp, though Recife responded.

Hit the link to tempo button below the xlfo rate knob?

Edit: sorry, already suggested

• edited May 2017

@oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Same thing outside AUM. Changing the tempo within Mood has zero effect on the arp, though Recife responded.

Hit the link to tempo button below the xlfo rate knob?

Edit: sorry, already suggested

BINGO!
    Although it doesn't quite reveal itself as such...
    Now my problem is that the tempo I wanted turns out to be 180 bpm! So is there a quick way to halve the values in either Recife or Mood to play in cut-time (so the drums will feel to be at 90 bpm)?

• What you seek is a clock divider. Not sure how you'd do that in os though :/

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    What you seek is a clock divider. Not sure how you'd do that in os though :/

Well, I could go and rewrite the drum pattern, so instead of the kick being on each beat, it's only on the one in the three. And then I'd have to figure out how to space out the hi-hats accordingly. Probably have better luck just recording a loop of the art at 180 BPM, and recording the drum part at 90 BPM, and visually aligning them in Cubasis.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

Midiflow and zMors have clock dividers, if that helps

• @Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

First, I would need to know what a clock divider is...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Just divides the clock signal, 24 pulses per quarter note (ppqn), From 1/1 to 1/24 to adjust tempo.

• edited May 2017

@Ocsprey said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    What you seek is a clock divider. Not sure how you'd do that in ios though :/

Just divides the clock signal, 24 pulses per quarter note (ppqn), From 1/1 to 1/24 to adjust tempo.

Oh I know it has a clock divider. Heck. I used a ton of them in my euclidean sequencer. But was thinking of @ExAsperis99. A clock divider is something that does exactly what it's named after. It divides the clock by an amount. So say tempo is 180. A clock divider setting of 2 would have that sequence playing at 90 bpm. A clock division of 4 would be 45bpm. Etc.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Oh I know it has a clock divider. Heck. I used a ton of them in my euclidean sequencer. But was thinking of @ExAsperis99. A clock divider is something that does exactly what it's named after. It divides the clock by an amount. So say tempo is 180. A clock divider setting of 2 would have that sequence playing at 90 bpm. A clock division of 4 would be 45bpm. Etc.

Check - was replying to the same, and knew-you-knew, since I've been learning thru your ZMors patch, apologies if I came across wrong.

• @Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Check - was replying to the same, and knew-you-knew, since I've been learning thru your ZMors patch, apologies if I came across wrong.

you came across correct :) I'm just sleep deprived lol.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

you came across correct :) I'm just sleep deprived lol.

Right on! I feel that one... but who can rest with all the fun to be had :)

• I dunno if it's the latest build since I haven't played with the randomizer previously, but does anybody randomize a patch and have the midi go in and out? It's like it randomizes a slow lfo on midi input and just goes quiet after a few keypresses. Then it comes back, etc

• I'm amazed by you guys. On apps like this, I'm really just hoping to be a lucky savant curator of sounds.

• Do we have any info on how 'fast' the LFOs can go?

• @Samu said:
    Do we have any info on how 'fast' the LFOs can go?

16 hz

• Hey there beta folks, does this app have master tuning in the settings section??

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Hey there beta folks, does this app have master tuning in the settings section??

yes, by plus/minus two semitones

• Already discussed? Layout similar to iMini/mini

• edited May 2017

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Hey there beta folks, does this app have master tuning in the settings section??

Not in the way you want (as in cents). This tunes by semitone only but you can make the root note any of the 12 chromatic pitches

• @realdavidai said:

@RustiK said:
    All I know is the more I use it, the more I love it.

The sound to me is Animoog meets Model 15.

That's serious!!

This is a serious app.

I have no idea how he did this. But, for lovers of MOOG, this is something special.

In addition to that you can morph samples into your sounds. Similar to Poseidon for a whole other sonic preference.

The responsiveness to the controls are what I am erect over.

I normally don't like the "noise" options on apps, but this is so freaking quality it is the first time I can use merely noise with a HP filter and LFO with a touch of FM and damn it is fierce.

I am OCD.

So, for me APESOFT may become my home because I like things to be the same. Having the same midi matrix and preset options(which are best in ios) APESOFT is about to step to the front of the line for entire series app quality showcase.

I honestly can't remember in 4 years Apesoft NOT constantly improving or releasing new innovative apps.

This app is worth $50

• master tuning is in cents, over a continuous range of +/- 2 semitones

• @oat_phipps said:
    It's> @RustiK said:

All I know is the more I use it, the more I love it.

Amen to that. It just keeps growing on me, and I'm constantly going back to it

Funny scenario.

Had Model 15, Animoog, and Mood open and running with Genome in Audiobus.

A point came I lost track of the channel and area of the track I was in, I COULD NOT PICK OUT WHICH APP WAS WHICH BY SOUND ALONE.

To me that moment, I knew.
    I was in the MOOD

• I'm bringing this back from the dead because I'm still using the beta daily and having a blast with it. The only problem I'm having with it now is the filter sustain setting if cranked up overloads the polyphony.

• edited May 2017

And wouldnt you know it, just updated with AU and distortion

Have to say I don't like the AU setup (or the iPhone for that matter). Too cumbersome. One of those things where you'll have to get presets first.

• All the au parameters are exposed in AUM for controlling which is great. A lot are there anyway, not counted them all :)

• edited May 2017

The distortion pushing the arp grid to an extra screen really bothers me for some reason. Especially since it's not a necessary effect...you can do dirty enough things with osc 3 modding 1&2 or the ring mod. The app got a lot more cumbersome and it feels more bloated than concise now. Not a fan of 'onboard' effects other than maybe a delay.

I only have a strong opinion because I loved what was there and felt it was an, maybe THE, ideal synth for iOS. I wish these betas didn't expire, I'd buy it anyway.

• I'm impressed, on the 9.7 it looks great as Au, very easy to access diff sections, and of course all the Ape soft Lfo's, which actually size out larger than in-app and look great.

• Nice to see the initial AU implementation...hope the aesthetics get tweaked though :#