Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeSoft Mood

Comments

• VCO3 sub fixed. Not necessary because there are so many other modulation sources.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Ok. What is an xflo?

It has ceased to be, it is no more, it has gone to meet it's maker ... etc, etc ...

eXtended LFO I guess, bit like the FabFilter interpretation.

• Good for unique evolving soundscapey drone stuff too. :)

• Whats the ETA on this?
    must be real soon....

• @skiphunt said:
    Good for unique evolving soundscapey drone stuff too. :)

Not my thing, I've moved onto Dutch Metalcore Folk Fusion.

• apeSoft apps are all instabuys for me. The creation of iVCS3 alone gives him instant access to my wallet, but all the others are amazing as well.

I'm not beta testing this one, but sure wish I was!

• @Mayo said:
    Whats the ETA on this?
    must be real soon....

June I heard some one else say

• edited April 2017

Got a real cool drone going with an 808 kick sample loaded to boot just now. Figured I'd share while I'm recording hands free

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Ok. What is an xflo?

@Proto said:
    Xlfo must be lfo's big brother.

It is an LFO that lets you program the waveshape using the steps

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Ok. What is an xflo?

@Proto said:

I love those as they can also be seen as 'step sequencers' depending on the speed they are run at.
    In BM3 speak XLFO's are called 'Step Modulators' :)

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Ok. What is an xflo?

@Proto said:

I love those as they can also be seen as 'step sequencers' depending on the speed they are run at.

Yes it gives a nice way of getting rhythmic sounds, and you can use it in the 'normal' step sequencer way and have it controlling pitch.

• @AndyPlankton said:

Yes it gives a nice way of getting rhythmic sounds, and you can use it in the 'normal' step sequencer way and have it controlling pitch.

Or classic 'chip-type' arpeggios by setting the speed to 50Hz :)
    (roughly 1/64th at 150BPM).

Considering what is 'known' this Mood synth could become one of my all time favourites!

• edited April 2017

I'm getting more and more excited about this synth and hope June come soon. :)

• Has anyone gotten this to run smoothly in Auria? I've tried plain IAA and AUM out to Auria, but switching a preset or hitting certain switches on the synth causes it to crash.

• edited April 2017

@oat_phipps said:
    Has anyone gotten this to run smoothly in Auria? I've tried plain IAA and AUM out to Auria, but switching a preset or hitting certain switches on the synth causes it to crash.

Haven't tried in Auria, but it is smooth in Cubasis.

• No problem with auria

• I had some issues with Auria, but I think it had to do with the fact that I first tried to use it as an effect, and then tried to use it as an instrument on another track. After I quit out, and tried again it would work but only if I picked one type of use and stuck with that. I couldn't switch back and forth. I think there may be some conflict between the two uses if you've activated it once as an effect, then deactivate but then try to use as an instrument. I think you have to manually quit out of mood first, then attempt the other type of use fresh.

• ChordFlow plays some crazy stuff into this app as well, Recommend a quick joy ride!

• I've only tried using it as an instrument, and after a few minutes of playing it inevitably crashes. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fixed for the real release.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I've only tried using it as an instrument, and after a few minutes of playing it inevitably crashes. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fixed for the real release.

What device are you on ? Been fiddling with it for hours on my air2 sans crash.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I've only tried using it as an instrument, and after a few minutes of playing it inevitably crashes. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fixed for the real release.

What device are you on ? Been fiddling with it for hours on my air2 sans crash.

Air2, 10.3-ish. Still having problems. Although, working with it as a midi destination in AB3 seems to be working now. And it's rock solid in AUM.

• Ok, if anyone has the chance please, load Mood into Auria, straight IAA. Try turning the FM section on or tapping the icon to go to the FM settings and adjust. Instant crash, no?

• ^ @oat_phipps , it's working perfectly for me in Auria Pro.

• @gsm909 said:
    ^ @oat_phipps , it's working perfectly for me in Auria Pro.

Sonuva. Thanks for lettin me know

• Now on phone and the IAA glitch fixed.

• edited April 2017

My First presets. Not the best , just to Test :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppz3hpx8oy46sjo/Kjrk.mood?dl=0

• Battling - thanks for the presets. Here are the ones I've been playing with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eono2fzx9cdmmi/DaveyPoo.mood?dl=0

I've been out if the country for the past week or so, otherwise I'd have more. Hope you guys like them.

• edited April 2017

Thx @dvlmusic , your presets are all great, specially the Fuzz Bass ARP

• Thanks! Most of them are standard 70s Synth fare but I was trying to see how some of the basic patches I always use on the other iOS synths translated to mood. I'm hoping to do more things like the Oddball patch where they are more sound design oriented just to stretch my understanding of this Synth.

• edited May 2017

Anybody having trouble with link? Drifts CRAZILY against a Recife beat in AUM. Or does the arp not have anything to do with bpm? Playing an arp, changed the tempo -- 120 to 88 to 166 -- arp unchanged.