Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeSoft Mood

Comments

• @soundklinik said:
    Little sample...sorry can't upload to soundcloud....
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/898p9she61kg3vb/moodsynth - Output Rec 1 (1).wav?dl=0

Watch Out! Jack Danger is gonna come calling you for robbing him of his tones and beats. Nice stuff. Reminds me a lot of Subliminal Sandwich by Meat Beat Manifesto.

• edited April 2017

@echoopera said:

@soundklinik said:

Watch Out! Jack Danger is gonna come calling you for robbing him of his tones and beats. Nice stuff. Reminds me a lot of Subliminal Sandwich by Meat Beat Manifesto.

oh wow, does it ever! ONe of my all time favourite albums! great snippet, make the whole track!

• edited April 2017

sorry, forget to mention that the dev told me that there's an iphone version coming up.

@Audiojunkie said:

@paradiddle said:
    just talked to the dev. it's not available on the iphone yet but somehow it's showing up as universal.

:-( The iPhone is all I use.....

• @echoopera said:

@soundklinik said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@soundklinik said:

oh wow, does it ever! ONe of my all time favourite albums! great snippet, make the whole track!

Interesting what you two say, never heard of them ^^^^

It is just a little tweaking with a loop in the background being modulated, actually it's the modulation that makes it play.
    I am making a bank that will be included, it is interesting to see what others come up with, because it's a new app no one ever heard what it's capable of...
    I have no clue what I'm doing but if it sounds good it's okay.

BTW, what is with soundcloud? I can't upload anything? Still 100 minutes free but the upload button disappeared. :'(

• @soundklinik said:

@echoopera said:

@soundklinik said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@soundklinik said:

Interesting what you two say, never heard of them ^^^^

It is just a little tweaking with a loop in the background being modulated, actually it's the modulation that makes it play.
    I am making a bank that will be included, it is interesting to see what others come up with, because it's a new app no one ever heard what it's capable of...
    I have no clue what I'm doing but if it sounds good it's okay.

BTW, what is with soundcloud? I can't upload anything? Still 100 minutes free but the upload button disappeared. :'(

Yah I love how it was given to us with only the init patch. That really got my curiosity going.

• @paradiddle said:
    sorry, forget to mention that the dev told me that there's an iphone version coming up.

@Audiojunkie said:

@paradiddle said:
    just talked to the dev. it's not available on the iphone yet but somehow it's showing up as universal.

:-( The iPhone is all I use.....

Yay!!

• edited April 2017

@soundklinik said:
    @Samu , there is also an arp, sampler, lots of different modulation waves etc. and things can be heavily modulated, but it is fairly complex in seeing what does what to whom when you just started testing.
    And of course everything can be LFOed.

You know those Amazing Apes :)

When you say everything can be LFOed, do you mean osc 1, 2, 3, mod etc simply via the pg 2 xlfo, or is there a trick I'm missing somewhere?

Edit: like modulating the waveform knob, for example? Since that was mentioned

• @oat_phipps said:

@soundklinik said:
    @Samu , there is also an arp, sampler, lots of different modulation waves etc. and things can be heavily modulated, but it is fairly complex in seeing what does what to whom when you just started testing.

When you say everything can be LFOed, do you mean osc 1, 2, 3, mod etc simply via the pg 2 xlfo, or is there a trick I'm missing somewhere?

Yes if you double tap a knob you bring up a really useful apesoft feature which appears in all of their apps (and Amazing noises) tap the symbol top right, then another screen appears with more option like midi learn, then far right is the lfo symbol. This has lots of options for assigning lfo and can be synced to Link in subdivisions etc.

• @Carnbot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@soundklinik said:

Yes if you double tap a knob you bring up a really useful apesoft feature which appears in all of their apps (and Amazing noises) tap the symbol top right, then another screen appears with more option like midi learn, then far right is the lfo symbol. This has lots of options for assigning lfo and can be synced to Link in subdivisions etc.

Peed myself the first time I found this.

• This is by far the greatest feature of the apeSoft/Amazing Noises apps. You can get some absolutely INSANE tones with these additional oscillators.

• Every control having an lfo makes this the best thing ever.

• Is the name of this synth pronounced "mode"?

• @MrNezumi said:
    Is the name of this synth pronounced "mode"?

You...

• edited April 2017

It took me longer that I'd care to admit to realize it's a play on Moog. For those who don't know, the founder of Moog Music, Bob Moog, pronounced his name M-oh-g, rather than M-ooooooooo-g.

Mode rhymes with Moog.

• @dvlmusic said:
    It took me longer that I'd care to admit to realize it's a play on Moog. For those who don't know, the founder of Moog Music, Bob Moog, pronounced his name M-oh-g, rather than M-ooooooooo-g.

Mode rhymes with Moog.

That's true, but there are lots of people, (me included and Nick Batt from sonic state is another) who knows it's pronounced M-oh-g but still prefers "Moog" as it's written, so I guess it's going along that tradition in a tongue in cheek way :)

• It's Bouquet!

• I think it's pronounced "Moath"

• @AudioGus said:
    On another completely unrelated note I am currently beta testing a synth that I am really growing to love. Part of me thinks I should stop using it as I don't want the pain of losing these patches I am making.

So, um, hypothetically speaking, how do you think KRFT midi out through AB3 Midiflow to this would sound?

• @srcer said:

@AudioGus said:
    On another completely unrelated note I am currently beta testing a synth that I am really growing to love. Part of me thinks I should stop using it as I don't want the pain of losing these patches I am making.

So, um, hypothetically speaking, how do you think KRFT midi out through AB3 Midiflow to this would sound?

Like chocolate and peanut butter.

• I asked the dev on FB and the official launch is in June. Instant buy for me!

• The patch notes for the new update mention polyphony. Anyone figure out how to activate it ?

• Oh lol nvm. It's in todo. My bad

• It is written " polyphony to come".

• @flo26 said:
    It is written " polyphony to come".

i realise that. hence why i posted "my bad".

• @soundklinik said:

Are all sounds from this sample from Mood? Sounds really good

• edited April 2017

@Arpseechord said:

@soundklinik said:

Yes, only Mood recorded into its output. There is also a drum loop being modulated by one note and lots of LFOs and modulations.
    It has a sampler where you can load a loop and there is an Arpeggist in XLFO (besides different waves) that can modulate 3 Oscilators, VCF and Modulation.
    Thanks

PS Another nice feature is it has a Inter App Transport which works great with AUM. Turns AUM clock on/off

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Every control having an lfo makes this the best thing ever.

Exactly the reason why I like Ipulsaret so much. Instant buy when this one is released.

• edited April 2017

@soundklinik said:

@Arpseechord said:

@soundklinik said:

Yes, only Mood recorded into its output. There is also a drum loop being modulated by one note and lots of LFOs and modulations.
    It has a sampler where you can load a loop and there is an Arpeggist in XLFO (besides different waves) that can modulate 3 Oscilators, VCF and Modulation.
    Thanks

PS Another nice feature is it has a Inter App Transport which works great with AUM. Turns AUM clock on/off

Very impressive indeed plus a sampler. Sounds good to me, another impressive program from apesoft!
    Notice I used the word impressive twice :)

• I'm loving the sound of this synth.. lots of ways to twist up the sound. It was a little doing, and some clarification from the dev, but this app is capable of some very interesting sound. :)