Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeSoft Mood

Comments

• I was hesitant about that too... didn't seem kosher, but I wasn't sure.

It's a cool app though. :)

• edited April 2017

I've never seen any NDA from ApeSoft on any of their beta tests. Now, I could be wrong, because I did not read the full terms of service, but you'd think it would be something they'd remind you of in the email, since they extend invites if you've tested for them before.

• edited April 2017

I don't see why they wouldn't want us to talk about it:

a) We can confirm if we're experiencing any bugs among ourselves
    b) Clearly we're drumming up enthusiasm within the community
    c) Free advertising/word of mouth
    d) apeSoft is awesome ;)

I figure - why would they release it to the public if they weren't ready for us to talk about it?

Does anyone know if the apeSoft team is on the board?

• @paradiddle said:
    just talked to the dev. it's not available on the iphone yet but somehow it's showing up as universal.

:-( The iPhone is all I use.....

• @dvlmusic said:
    I don't see why they wouldn't want us to talk about it:

a) We can confirm if we're experiencing any bugs among ourselves
    b) Clearly we're drumming up enthusiasm within the community
    c) Free advertising/word of mouth
    d) apeSoft is awesome ;)

I figure - why would they release it to the public if they weren't ready for us to talk about it?

Does anyone know if the apeSoft team is on the board?

While your points all seem very valid (esp. d), some developers do prefer that beta testers do not publicly discuss the app they're beta testing. Beta testers could very easily contact the developer to see if it were alright to publicly discuss their experiences with the app during beta testing.

• People here obviously don't understand the concept of a beta. Sometimes you even get to test apps that never make it to release. You sure as heck aren't supposed to talk about it openly. I've tested tested apps that were surprisingly far in development that got scrapped without a word being mentioned here on the forums.

• Oops (sarcasm)

If they really cared, they would've requested this thread to stop by now. I've seen them on here before.

• On another completely unrelated note I am currently beta testing a synth that I am really growing to love. Part of me thinks I should stop using it as I don't want the pain of losing these patches I am making.

• hello to all guys, thanks to actively participate in the discussion, because such a synth? Almost all our apps could be called 'unconventional' and lacked a pure synth meant to be played live and easy to program. So we were inspired by the most famous synths to add some function that makes it unique. The final version includes support for iPhone, AUv3 and polyphony. I will be happy to discuss with you the tips that you give me,
    happy days and enjoy with 'mood'

• edited April 2017

Right on. I enjoy it more each time play it. I love the 'limitations' and what is starting to feel like a classic sound to it.

• edited April 2017

@AudioGus said:
    On another completely unrelated note I am currently beta testing a synth that I am really growing to love. Part of me thinks I should stop using it as I don't want the pain of losing these patches I am making.

All of the Ape Soft and AN apps have a bank save button which is great, and I started to use it after I lost a bank while beta testing.
    Maybe your beta synth has it somewhere?

Since the developer thinks it's OK....it's ok

• @soundklinik said:

@AudioGus said:
    On another completely unrelated note I am currently beta testing a synth that I am really growing to love. Part of me thinks I should stop using it as I don't want the pain of losing these patches I am making.

All of the Ape Soft and AN apps have a bank save button which is great, and I started to use it after I lost a bank while beta testing.

I agree with @gonekrazy3000 ....discretion ;) .....a little tease is maybe OK but not public discussions...

The presets manager its identical for all apps, so if you open the presets manager view, you will 'feeling at home' ;)

• edited April 2017

There's an issue with the on screen keyboard where it doesn't sustain sequentially played notes unless you lift your finger off the screen and begin a new attack envelope. The other item I'd like is to be able to map the mod wheel to it's own oscillator by default so that you can have a patch using all 3 oscillators but still have vibrato mapped to the mod wheel. This is a fatal flaw with iMini and you'd have it over them a thousand fold with this feature.

Interestingly enough, I emulated a patch I made from iMini and A/B'd them and and tone was remarkably similar. Mood wins out for sheer functionality and just edges out iMini for tone. Despite all it's issues I think iMini sounds great but if Mood bests it, problem solved!

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @scarbo said:
    hello to all guys, thanks to actively participate in the discussion, because such a synth? Almost all our apps could be called 'unconventional' and lacked a pure synth meant to be played live and easy to program. So we were inspired by the most famous synths to add some function that makes it unique. The final version includes support for iPhone, AUv3 and polyphony. I will be happy to discuss with you the tips that you give me,

Perfect.

• @scarbo said:
    hello to all guys, thanks to actively participate in the discussion, because such a synth? Almost all our apps could be called 'unconventional' and lacked a pure synth meant to be played live and easy to program. So we were inspired by the most famous synths to add some function that makes it unique. The final version includes support for iPhone, AUv3 and polyphony. I will be happy to discuss with you the tips that you give me,

@Max23 said:
    I flagged this now.
    You don't want to hear, god damned.

@scarbo is one of the devs, I think he's cool with the discussion

• @scarbo said:

Inspiring new apps always spark a discussion!

I don't know but maybe it's 'by design' that proper Pulse-Width modulation is not yet implemented?
    (I'm one of those 'crazy' people who loves to have 100% control over the 'pulse width' together with adjustable start-phases for the modulating LFOs). I'm not on the beta for this so I have to rely on the leaked screen-shots...

Now that we know it will get AUv3 and Polyphony it will be very hard to resist :)

• @scarbo said:

@soundklinik said:

@AudioGus said:

I agree with @gonekrazy3000 ....discretion ;) .....a little tease is maybe OK but not public discussions...

The presets manager its identical for all apps, so if you open the presets manager view, you will 'feeling at home' ;)

Oh wow, so easy to not only backup but also copy the presets to my other ipads, thanks! Really looking forward to this as an AUv3 in Cubasis!

• Sounds great and will make up for the fact that there's no model 15 AU
    An Apesoft Moog(d)

I still wish Apesoft would add more colour options. I preferred it when we had a real black and white option. Not so sure about the green colour.

• Those of you doing beta on this Mood...
    ...is the 'wave knob' stepped(as in locked wave-forms) or 'smooth' and thus possible to modulate?
    (I suspect it can be modulated).

• @Samu said:
    Those of you doing beta on this Mood...
    ...is the 'wave knob' stepped(as in locked wave-forms) or 'smooth' and thus possible to modulate?

stepped but they can be modulated, I love the Apesoft LFos, I wish all apps had them :)

• @Carnbot said:

@Samu said:
    Those of you doing beta on this Mood...

stepped but they can be modulated, I love the Apesoft LFos, I wish all apps had them :)

Ok, so it should be possible to do classic PWM type sounds then :)
    Time to save some store-credits for this...

• @Samu , there is also an arp, sampler, lots of different modulation waves etc. and things can be heavily modulated, but it is fairly complex in seeing what does what to whom when you just started testing.
    And of course everything can be LFOed.

You know those Amazing Apes :)

• @soundklinik said:
    @Samu , there is also an arp, sampler, lots of different modulation waves etc. and things can be heavily modulated, but it is fairly complex in seeing what does what to whom when you just started testing.
    And of course everything can be LFOed.

You know those Amazing Apes :)

Yepp, I'm quite familiar with their other apps.
    Moebius as an AUv3 would mildly put be 'insanely cool' :D

• @Carnbot said:
    Sounds great and will make up for the fact that there's no model 15 AU
    An Apesoft Moog(d)

I still wish Apesoft would add more colour options. I preferred it when we had a real black and white option. Not so sure about the green colour.

DOUBLEPLUS
    I also miss the Apesoft true black.

• @Samu said:

@scarbo said:

I don't know but maybe it's 'by design' that proper Pulse-Width modulation is not yet implemented?
    (I'm one of those 'crazy' people who loves to have 100% control over the 'pulse width' together with adjustable start-phases for the modulating LFOs). I'm not on the beta for this so I have to rely on the leaked screen-shots...

Now that we know it will get AUv3 and Polyphony it will be very hard to resist :)

I've been looking for the screenshots. Where are they ?

• @realdavidai said:

@Samu said:

@scarbo said:

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Carnbot said:
    Sounds great and will make up for the fact that there's no model 15 AU
    An Apesoft Moog(d)

DOUBLEPLUS
    I also miss the Apesoft true black.

I like the CGA green vibe!

• @Samu said:

@realdavidai said:

@Samu said:

@scarbo said: