Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRUM

Comments

• edited September 2016

@Trueyorky said:
    I'm not signed in to an account or anything and no problem creating and saving my first two doodles. Goes against all the 'rules' but it is awesome !!

Hmmm - if I put my phone in airplane mode songs won't save. I'm not signed in either way.

• @anickt said:

@Trueyorky said:
    I'm not signed in to an account or anything and no problem creating and saving my first two doodles. Goes against all the 'rules' but it is awesome !!

Hmmm - if I put my phone in airplane mode songs won't save. I'm not signed in either way.

Do you have to create an account with them?

• __> @MonzoPro said:

@anickt said:

@Trueyorky said:

Do you have to create an account with them?

It asks for a name when you start up. I just put in several question marks. There is a page that says to synchronize multiple devices you have to create an account and log in. I haven't done that.

• From what I can tell..
    No need to create account (I haven't done this and can use everything)
    If you do you can save songs to the cloud to access from multiple devices and publish tracks to their "social network"

• @mireko_2 said:
    From what I can tell..
    If you do you can save songs to the cloud to access from multiple devices and publish tracks to their "social network"

Thanks - can you save songs onto your own device, or does it only save onto their 'cloud'?

• Obviously AB would be most welcome but in a world where I got to choose, much rather have link and audioshare support for loops and bounces. It's pretty self contained.

• Alright, well at least I will be able to save my sessions during the week for recording later on the weekend. I will join you all for coffee.

• I think you need to be connected to publish a song, but you can save it as a draft without connecting. (Or it should be ...).

• @syrupcore said:
    Obviously AB would be most welcome but in a world where I got to choose, much rather have link and audioshare support for loops and bounces. It's pretty self contained.

For the bleeps and bloops and weird little loops I'd be happy with simply being able to copy, especially a 'chose your bar number here' for which Blocs has ruined me etc.

@MonzoPro As regards the worth, it's certainly worth it, but WILL THEY DO THE NEEDFUL? I don't export to the desktop so am more grumpy if it can't get out....

• @MonzoPro said:

@mireko_2 said:
    From what I can tell..

Thanks - can you save songs onto your own device, or does it only save onto their 'cloud'?

Correction, you can publish to the cloud which is kind of like the impc pro song share, without an account too!

I haven't made an account so not sure what an account does except maybe sharing between devices.

And yes you can save locally onto device too

• So you can save a Frum file somewhere on your iPad. And if it's there, SOMETHING can open it, whether it's Auria or Cubasis or AudioShare or TwistedWave. Yes?

My God, I'm more cautious about spending three bucks on an app than I am about buying a bike!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So you can save a Frum file somewhere on your iPad. And if it's there, SOMETHING can open it, whether it's Auria or Cubasis or AudioShare or TwistedWave. Yes?

My God, I'm more cautious about spending three bucks on an app than I am about buying a bike!

I'm not sure but I doubt it. Think the file Frum generates is just a project file, not an audio file. I couldn't find any sort of mixdown option.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So you can save a Frum file somewhere on your iPad. And if it's there, SOMETHING can open it, whether it's Auria or Cubasis or AudioShare or TwistedWave. Yes?

It's fun, useable, different, weird, somewhat unique, surprisingly deep the more time you spend with it, it's only 2.5mb, it's universal, and as I mentioned before... I can run it into logic via lightning if I get something I want to use.

For $3, I've had enough fun with it even if the dev adds nothing else. And, it's already been updated with bug fixes so the devs apparently on the ball.

• @skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It's fun, useable, different, weird, somewhat unique, surprisingly deep the more time you spend with it, it's only 2.5mb, it's universal, and as I mentioned before... I can run it into logic via lightning if I get something I want to use.

For $3, I've had enough fun with it even if the dev adds nothing else. And, it's already been updated with bug fixes so the devs apparently on the ball.

[sighs. reaches for wallet...]

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro As regards the worth, it's certainly worth it, but WILL THEY DO THE NEEDFUL? I don't export to the desktop so am more grumpy if it can't get out....

It's going to be frustrating, not being able to do it all on the pad, but as long as I'm aware of the limitations I'll put up with them, and keep everything crossed for some proper connectivity...

@mireko_2 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mireko_2 said:
    From what I can tell..

Correction, you can publish to the cloud which is kind of like the impc pro song share, without an account too!

I haven't made an account so not sure what an account does except maybe sharing between devices.

And yes you can save locally onto device too

Thanks, that's cool. Being tied to an online account would scare me off, but being able to save on the device is cool.

Can you access other users/your own online account files via a web browser? That might be a way around getting files into the pad.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

[sighs. reaches for wallet...]

Well, I don't wanna be another app-addict "Pusher" like many on this forum and the various app bloggers/vloggers... lol ;)

But, at the end of the day it comes down to if you've got 2.5mb to spare, and $3... I personally already got my money's worth. ;)

• I caved in. Only had ten minutes with it but already did an interesting thing. Guess I can do a load of nonsense then record them all out and into the Mac.

• By the time I make anything worth keeping, I trust either AB will be enabled or someone will have come up with a hack to get this into Cubasis 2.0!

• @Matver61 said:
    I think you need to be connected to publish a song, but you can save it as a draft without connecting. (Or it should be ...).

Yah it looks like I could save a draft but I could not load any preset sounds while on the train. So... meh

• I suggest you all go to the Frum website and send a note asking for Audio Bus or at least AudioShare. There's an email link toward the bottom of the page.

• you guys sold me on it. haven't tried it yet, but you've convinced me I like it!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I suggest you all go to the Frum website and send a note asking for Audio Bus or at least AudioShare. There's an email link toward the bottom of the page.

Will do. Let us march forward to their development mansion brethren, if not with pitchforks at least brandishing the kittens of please Sir.

• edited September 2016

It seems to store everything in their cloud rather than locally on your device, even draft songs. I did not register for an account. I turned off wifi on my device and none of my songs appear in my data. When publish a song, even when not registered, it shows up on the timeline among other people's creations. I deleted mine when I saw it there. Also, when you share with yourself to Dropbox, it is just a text file with the link to the song on their server, which you can only access through the app.

As for the app itself and how it functions and sounds, I like it a lot. After playing around for a bit it becomes quite intuitive, You can draw in effects and change notes and positions by dragging. There are a bunch of presets that you can use or start off with and tweak and randomize. As someone else pointed out, I also don't mind not being able to use it within other apps as long as I can get the sounds out as .wav I would be happy.

Oh I also wished the pad division setting would be a permanent setting but you have to set it with each new song.

• Can anyone tell me if it is possible to record the audio from FRUM (or any non AB app) into an app? Any app?

Pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeee....someone say yes :#

• @studioAB said:
    It seems to store everything in their cloud rather than locally on your devices, even draft songs. I did not register for an account. I turned off wifi on my device and none of my songs appear in my data.

Damn, this is not good. Not good at all.

• @soundklinik said:
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to record the audio from FRUM (or any non AB app) into an app? Any app?

Pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeee....someone say yes :#

No.

• I say bombard the dev with requests for AB! It's such a nicely crafted app otherwise.

• Yeah, but now that I'm in there and enjoying the ease of use? It's really built for the closed system. But even Figure has AB, right? But having to sign up for some "community" so I can save my fucking work??? That's not cool.