Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRUM

Comments

• edited September 2016

@kobamoto said:
    ok thanks.

i like this devs sound aesthetics

https://soundcloud.com/utabi

I do too. And, it's universal, tiny file size at 2.5mb, and cheap enough that I can justify having to run it into Logic Pro via lightning if I happen to get anything good.

@JohnnyGoodyear Lucky! I'm on the other side and North of the insidious barrier to downtown access known as the Mopac nightmare.

• @kobamoto said:
    ok thanks.

+1
    But he needs to add AB

• Dev didn't probably do any deep research. There's still coming out a lot of sound stuff where devs put effort in, but all lacking the basic Ab, Link, etc. stuff. While back saw also some guy on Twitter asking dev of Nanoloop about AB and Link, the dev even didn't bother to answer...

The death knell?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@kobamoto said:
    ok thanks.

+1
    But he needs to add AB

Bing bing bing.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@kobamoto said:
    ok thanks.

+1
    But he needs to add AB

I've already requested those things through his Facebook pm, hopefully the next update will get those basics sorted

• I predict this will end with hand wringing.

• edited September 2016

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I predict this will end with hand wringing.

May well be right. And for this reason alone I'm glad (for his mental health) that the Monze hasn't bought in; too many weird and crazy noises to be very simply made...

• Does it have some way of getting the audio out? iTunes file sharing? Email? I'm intrigued simply because I've yet to find a drum synth that doesn't piss me off and the UI looks good.

• There's a hardware version to come apparently.

• @thinds said:
    There's a hardware version to come apparently.

Does not bode well for AB support... I guess i can play with it on the weekend ipad to ipad into Blocs manualy syncing like a peasant. Is sure up my alley sound wise.

• Well I picked it up and ....holy shit. There's so much you can do. Learning curve for sure. Its like elastic drums, with melody capabilities

• @db909 said:
    Well I picked it up and ....holy shit. There's so much you can do. Learning curve for sure. Its like elastic drums, with melody capabilities

I can't figure out the melody programming.. How's it done?!

• Already put it in If'n they ever folder...

• @mireko_2 hold down on the sequencer tab and a thing pops up where you can choose a keyboard. Then you program in the hits/gate time on the left and the pitch/melody on the right. Whatever key you hit last on the keyboard, is the key selected to be drawn on the sequencer. So once you have the hits programmed with their durations, it's hit a key you want, place in sequencer, and so on.

• @db909 said:
    @mireko_2 hold down on the sequencer tab and a thing pops up where you can choose a keyboard. Then you program in the hits/gate time on the left and the pitch/melody on the right. Whatever key you hit last on the keyboard, is the key selected to be drawn on the sequencer. So once you have the hits programmed with their durations, it's hit a key you want, place in sequencer, and so on.

Aaahha.. Thanks!!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I predict this will end with hand wringing.

May well be right. And for this reason alone I'm glad (for his mental health) that the Monze hasn't bought in; too many weird and crazy noises to be very simply made...

I know, I've listened to the demos and it's making the sort of racket I want for one of my projects.

Couple of questions:

how easy is it to get something going? Are there randomisers and stuff to quickly generate ideas, or is it lots of slow, fiddly programming?

Does it bring anything new to the table that I couldn't already do with Elastic Drums or SeekBeats?

If the answers to the above are 'easy as pork pie', and 'yessum', then for £2.49 I might get it and just plug him into Logic when I want to record, and bring the file back in via Dropbox for iPad fiddling. If they're not promising AB, IAA and AS support at this point then I know what I'm getting, and can't complain if it never happens. And for the price of a nice pie...

• Well was fun while it lasted, won't open on either my iPad or iPhone all of the sudden :neutral:

• Deleted and reinstalled, still won't open o_0

• Hard reset. Still no dice. I wonder if it's to do with the cloud service? Dropped out at the same time on two iOS devices and now won't work, just sits on the splash screen with a spinning wheel

• @db909 said:
    Well I picked it up and ....holy shit. There's so much you can do. Learning curve for sure. Its like elastic drums, with melody capabilities

This thing is just mind blowing (forgive the term) ...

The sound variations are just fantastic...comes with over 200 samples of large sonic pallet, everything from drums to synths to FX, you name it...
    You can create/save your own, use the randomiser for new sounds. (Squash the bug) lol

The sequencer is like a tracker everything can be automated and pitched and tweaked for "live" tweaking there is a panel with controls....

Song mode, undo, holy shit...and I am only scratching the surface...

Sound wise, this FRUM blows away all the FM based drum machines...

You can see that this instrument was done by a musician, everything is there to make music...logical layout, very sophisticated.

Thanks to OP for the link...you made my day :)

• Fantastic. If you didn't notice, besides being a 4 voices synth you can assign 4 different sounds to each pad so you can have up 16 instruments, 4 at a time

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Fantastic. If you didn't notice, besides being a 4 voices synth you can assign 4 different sounds to each pad so you can have up 16 instruments, 4 at a time

Yes! I was just gonna say that!
    Further discoveries...
    A
    note length and pitch can be draw in as well, meaning a note can last as long as you want and pitch can be changed within that and choosing a note on keyboard will facilitate drawing the notes it jumps right in...

• Ok it's going again and yeah this is awesome..

• @mireko_2 said:
    Ok it's going again and yeah this is awesome..

Does it need a cloud or social network connection to work?

• @MonzoPro said:

@mireko_2 said:

No

I think this app is worth hammering on the dev to add AB. I've contacted them as have several others and bought it (against my good judgement) in spite of that shortcoming.

• @anickt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mireko_2 said:

No

I think this app is worth hammering on the dev to add AB. I've contacted them as have several others and bought it (against my good judgement) in spite of that shortcoming.

Yeah, initially this was a no for me, but reading the feedback on here and after listening to the demos I'm tempted to buy it anyway and record into Logic if I come up with anything decent. If they haven't promised AB/IAA etc. then I can't complain if they don't add it...and it's very cheap too...

Make your own Aphex Twin album for £2.29 lol

• @MonzoPro said:

@anickt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mireko_2 said:

No

Yeah, initially this was a no for me, but reading the feedback on here and after listening to the demos I'm tempted to buy it anyway and record into Logic if I come up with anything decent. If they haven't promised AB/IAA etc. then I can't complain if they don't add it...and it's very cheap too...

Just figured out you can't save a song if you're not connected...

• @anickt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@anickt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mireko_2 said:

No

Just figured out you can't save a song if you're not connected...

Ahhh...what do you need to be connected to, is it their own network or something else? That could be a deal breaker for me.

• I'm not signed in to an account or anything and no problem creating and saving my first two doodles. Goes against all the 'rules' but it is awesome !!

• @Trueyorky said:
    I'm not signed in to an account or anything and no problem creating and saving my first two doodles. Goes against all the 'rules' but it is awesome !!

This is all very strange...