Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRUM

edited September 2016 in General App Discussion

Frum by TORICO Inc.
https://appsto.re/ca/MFkWeb.i

I haven't downloaded it yet but saw some online demos and it looked cool.

Anybody played with it?

UPDATE: i have indeed downloaded it. very cool for me.

Comments

• Looks interesting but i see no mention of Midi, Audiobus, Audioshare export or even iTunes filesharing

• Very capable of great sounds though. Features can surely be added later.

• @cl516 said:
    Very capable of great sounds though. Features can surely be added later.

I'm not going to be fooled by that old chestnut again. No Audiobus, no purchase.

• @MonzoPro said:

I'm not going to be fooled by that old chestnut again. No Audiobus, no purchase.

Fair enough. I've no idea about the developer, just found the app on sunday and looks + sounds cool to me.
    cheers

• @cl516 said:

Spent some time playing with it. Definitely capable of some great sounds if you're into FM sounding stuff. And it's actually pretty deep in terms of its sequencer. However, it's confusing that the developer would put what clearly looks like a lot of time and thought into the app and not include the most necessary of features. No Audiobus anywhere in sight. Hopefully this will be added very soon.

• Bram Bros is all I need.

• Me toooooo

• Listen to some tunes on SoundCloud and it seems pretty versatile for the price.

• Feeling munificent (beautiful day here in Austin...) and decided to buy this blind and put it away til later, 95% as encouragement for a first app launch etc. Should be noted that the link above suggests the price is $3.99, but the price right now on the shop is $2.99....

• Responsed to me yesterday on Twitter.

@thindssmeck Yeah some of linking functions are planned to add. Just now there's nothing for them, sorry.

• This stuff sounds fantastic. But guys! You're breaking the rule! No AB, no Link, no midi, no audioshare: no service.

• Erm. Made the mistake of opening it. Erm. I like it. A lot. Please add the needful pronto...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Erm. Made the mistake of opening it. Erm. I like it. A lot. Please add the needful pronto...

Dammit, man!

• edited September 2016

@MonzoPro said:

@cl516 said:

Yes, it could be another Skram. Also, it sounds like Clive Sinclair's alarm clock.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Erm. Made the mistake of opening it. Erm. I like it. A lot. Please add the needful pronto...

It's pretty badass. But then.....it's like getting kicked in the nuts at your own birthday party. Not that I've experienced any such event. Just imagining.

• @Nkersov said:

@MonzoPro said:

@cl516 said:

Yes, it could be another Skram.

Yep. Been there, done that.

• Aaawwww... 8(

• just out of curiosity has the dev said what the reason was for not implementing AB, Link, midi in/out, or audioshare?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Feeling munificent (beautiful day here in Austin...) and decided to buy this blind and put it away til later, 95% as encouragement for a first app launch etc. Should be noted that the link above suggests the price is $3.99, but the price right now on the shop is $2.99....

Beautiful yes, but you must be sitting in the shade with a fan on you, or chillin' in some cool A/C... cuz it's HOT as fudge out there on my bike. Wunderground says it feels like 111F.

• @kobamoto said:
    just out of curiosity has the dev said what the reason was for not implementing AB, Link, midi in/out, or audioshare?

I tweeted him links to this thread. His feed is all in Japanese so I have no idea what is being said there.

• @Nkersov said:

@MonzoPro said:

@cl516 said:

Yes, it could be another Skram. Also, it sounds like Clive Sinclair's alarm clock.

Clive Sinclair's alarm clock, now that sounds tempting :) Still having a Sinclair watch somewehere lying around would maybe be a nice set ;)

• I just bought this too- is there a manual or instructions anywhere or do you just fumble around until it makes sense?

• @thinds said:

@kobamoto said:
    just out of curiosity has the dev said what the reason was for not implementing AB, Link, midi in/out, or audioshare?

I tweeted him links to this thread. His feed is all in Japanese so I have no idea what is being said there.

I found his Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/utabi.hirokawa/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

• can anyone confirm that the mixer doesn't have any panning?

• @cl516 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Fair enough. I've no idea about the developer, just found the app on sunday and looks + sounds cool to me.
    cheers

Dev didn't probably do any deep research. There's still coming out a lot of sound stuff where devs put effort in, but all lacking the basic Ab, Link, etc. stuff. While back saw also some guy on Twitter asking dev of Nanoloop about AB and Link, the dev even didn't bother to answer...

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Feeling munificent (beautiful day here in Austin...) and decided to buy this blind and put it away til later, 95% as encouragement for a first app launch etc. Should be noted that the link above suggests the price is $3.99, but the price right now on the shop is $2.99....

Beautiful yes, but you must be sitting in the shade with a fan on you, or chillin' in some cool A/C... cuz it's HOT as fudge out there on my bike. Wunderground says it feels like 111F.

Swim for an hour in Barton Springs in the morning and the rest of the day feels mild....

• @kobamoto said:
    can anyone confirm that the mixer doesn't have any panning?

There is a panning control in the synth parameters, but I don't believe you can automate it. The mixer does not have any pan controls.

• ok thanks.

i like this devs sound aesthetics

https://soundcloud.com/utabi