Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New dj app! Soda dj app by modstep devs!

12346»

Comments

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

Cool to know about the slide option. I will have to try that out.

Did you get what he meant about the slide option? I've just been trying it out for the last half hour and don't know what it's doing. I went to "edit" longpress on grid and selected "slidable", then back to the decks. Doesn't seem to make any difference one way or another whether "slidable" is selected or not. If it's clear to you after trying, please share. :)

If slidable, you can change button presses by just sliding your finger to them. If not slidable, when you move your finger around in the grid, nothing happens until you lift your finger and actually do a press.

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

Cool to know about the slide option. I will have to try that out.

Did you get what he meant about the slide option? I've just been trying it out for the last half hour and don't know what it's doing. I went to "edit" longpress on grid and selected "slidable", then back to the decks. Doesn't seem to make any difference one way or another whether "slidable" is selected or not. If it's clear to you after trying, please share. :)

If slidable, you can change button presses by just sliding your finger to them. If not slidable, when you move your finger around in the grid, nothing happens until you lift your finger and actually do a press.

Thanks. Well, that's what I assumed, but mine seems to work "slideable" whether I have it activated or now. I'll try again later and see if I'm missing something. Is it working that way for you?

• Working as expected. Remember it’s grid specific and one grid setting only applies to its own deck. Changing in one deck doesn’t affect any others.

• @cblomert any news on IAA, multiple outputs and AU player version?

• Hey there :)
    We've just released soda 1.1

This is the changelog that we've come up with after all your feedback & ideas:

Added Audiobus Outs for Main & Monitor
    Added Audiobus Outs for Track 1-8 Pre-fader
    Added IAA Effect Host capabilities

The Document Picker can now import more than one file at a time
    Recordings can now be accessed and exported via the Browser
    Overviews will now react to the 'Spectrum Off' Setting

Cues can now act as jump-points to other Cues. If the Decks playhead passes the Jump-point, it will immediately jump to the specified target cue.

Fixed a bug that would import a different Track from the Library than dragged

and a lot more smaller bugfixes & enhancements!

AU is a bit further off unfortunately - we have an issue with openGL in a multi-instance scenario. As soon as we fixed that, we plan to add an AU that includes a single deck per instance.

For now we hope you enjoy this version of soda! Please let us know in either case :)

• Thanks, a very nice update @cblomert and I look forward to the single deck AU which will be so useful to host in AUM, BM3 etc

• How is going AUfx hosting window issues in the app?
    I sent you @cblomert some pics about the anomalous behaviour it had with some AUs...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Has anyone figured out how key detection works? The app marks the loaded tracks with colored numbers, but what do they mean?