Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New dj app! Soda dj app by modstep devs!

Comments

• So is no one else experiencing the Audio blowing out and going silent when you mess with the FX channel controls?

I can only get audio to play if i don’t touch these default fx controls.

Super frustrating. :|

• @echoopera said:
    So is no one else experiencing the Audio blowing out and going silent when you mess with the FX channel controls?

haven't messed with FX yet, will give it a go, cautiously

• @echoopera said:
    So is no one else experiencing the Audio blowing out and going silent when you mess with the FX channel controls?

Hm no :/
    Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce this issue here, yet. Could you send us a quick screencast vid showing the issue?
    Is anyone else using a 10.5 iPad Pro with soda yet?

• @tymon said:

it does have multiple outs but I'm not able to see what is what so it's a bit of trial and error, hope this gets a fix along with getting multiple iAA outs :)

• yup. Was in contact with you quite a bit.
    Does anyone else experience crashing when deleting a page?

Dave

• speaking of pages, are they just to switch between decks view and effects view? I see you can create multiple ones but what else for?

• @Carnbot said:

@tymon said:

it does have multiple outs but I'm not able to see what is what so it's a bit of trial and error, hope this gets a fix along with getting multiple iAA outs :)

Yep, on it at the moment :-)

• @lerosa said:
    speaking of pages, are they just to switch between decks view and effects view? I see you can create multiple ones but what else for?

Well, lets say you want to have 16 cuepoints per deck and you got 4 decks going on..
    That way your main-page is not overloaded but rather sleek and slim and you have one dedicated cue-page, maybe some kind of waveforms too so you know whats going on :)

• @OhmAgar said:

@lerosa said:
    speaking of pages, are they just to switch between decks view and effects view? I see you can create multiple ones but what else for?

Well, lets say you want to have 16 cuepoints per deck and you got 4 decks going on..
    That way your main-page is not overloaded but rather sleek and slim and you have one dedicated cue-page, maybe some kind of waveforms too so you know whats going on :)

aaahh, I get ya. So say you have 8 decks, stripped down just to play button and level with then another 8 pages set up for cues and fx?

• Going to hold out on this one for now until I good tut-for-fools shows up...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Going to hold out on this one for now until I good tut-for-fools shows up...

at its default state it works and it's pretty simple, it gets a bit bendy when you start doing your own templates and so on but if you've used a cdj or serato you'll get the hang of it quickly.

• @lerosa said:

@OhmAgar said:

@lerosa said:

aaahh, I get ya. So say you have 8 decks, stripped down just to play button and level with then another 8 pages set up for cues and fx?

Right on. But you may want to mix it up a bit so you got more overview on your decks. Just my 0.02 :D

As soon as I'm home I'll upload my live-template.
    @cblomert have we got template-sharing? Didnt look at updates recently. Even though I it was an instabuy :D

• Thanks for the reply @Carnbot Looks like you're running Audio Damage AU's. Are they working for you?

@OhmAgar Yep! I'm getting a crash when trying to delete Pages too.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Going to hold out on this one for now until I good tut-for-fools shows up...

[Nods vigorously in the row behind JG; readies pen over blank notebook page...]

• @tymon said:
    Thanks for the reply @Carnbot Looks like you're running Audio Damage AU's. Are they working for you?

They are working for me but not had too much real play time to test them properly, and have been fiddling mainly :)

• One thing I'm finding, as it's touch based, is I feel like you should be able to drag the loop points around with your fingers and not just use the jump arrows.

Just found something useful though. You can move the 1.1.1 start marker and fine tune the grid alignment to any point using the track editor (gear cog icon after tapping on the waveform)

• Jeeze this thing needs a manual or at least quick start guide. With no background in DJ apps I've been totally lost. The mist is beginning to clear, but it's slow going.

• So, unless it's a bug you can't save a session with the current audio tracks and cues? Any session I save just saves the editor layout, all the track data is lost on reloading. really there should be separate loading/saving for sessions and templates....

I hope this is looked at soon, unless I'm missing this feature? :|

• edited December 2017

I feel like I just wasted $10 on something :s Reminds me of buying a premium Craft Beer with a cool label which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I just can't use the app since the Audio always phases out for me :(

Gonna try and return it and get my money back...as soon as my receipt comes through.

Reasons:
    1. App won't allow me to save anything
    2. App constantly phases out the Audio whenever I manipulate any FX related channel
    3. Does not work for my needs to mixing music because of 1 & 2 above :(

Too bad...it's looks like a lot of fun and I love modstep and touchable.

• edited December 2017

@echoopera said:
    I feel like I just wasted $10 on something :s Reminds me of buying a premium Craft Beer with a cool label which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I just can't use the app since the Audio always phases out for me :(

Gonna try and return it and get my money back...as soon as my receipt comes through.

Reasons:
    1. App won't allow me to save anything
    2. App constantly phases out the Audio whenever I manipulate any FX related channel
    3. Does not work for my needs to mixing music because of 1 & 2 above :(

Too bad...it's looks like a lot of fun and I love modstep and touchable.

Hmm..
    Could you maybe return the sale and join the beta? We'll try to fix these issues, and once they are, you can still purchase the app again..

Send me your email via pm, i'll add you!

@Carnbot
    It's true - right now the layout is saved, nothing else. We thought it would be good to have a clean start when you start the app, but can also see the reason to save the current session. We'll add a setting for it in the next days.

We just uploaded another update fixing a few things:
    Fixed issues with 14 bit MIDI Controllers like the Pioneer DDJ-SB2 & Ergo
    Changed a few smaller graphical issues.
    Fixed a possible Crash when deleting a Page.
    Fixed External Audio Devices being shown as 'AppleUSBEngine'

Thanks for all your feedback guys - it helps a lot!

• Great, thanks @cblomert :)

Yeah I can see it's good to start blank if you want, but reloading of sessions is really important for me in the way I'd like to use it so thanks for adding it.

• I’ve been having some real fun with this app, and it’s impressive how they managed to squeeze the interface down to useable even at the iPhone SE screen size.

Some automation in the FX panels would be spectacular.

• I have been a beta tester since like day zero and bought the app no question. If you guys are seeing bugs, just know that I see a testflight posting from him about once a week.

He's dedicated to making this thing killer.

Also can we pleaseeee get really radical pitch and tempo sliders? Like +/- 100?

;)

• edited December 2017

Anyone can comment on how it compares to DJ player?
    Edit: oh ok this looks serious. From pictures

• Or, it's called Krass pitch! Thanks for taking my suggestion!!!

• My current basic two tracks, no sync , no fx, 1 cue only, very old school rig. Speaking of which, Christian, I really think the pitch has to be like the 1210’s, down for faster, up for slower, it’s a good convention

• Holy mackerel batman!

• Has anyone figured out where the tempo slider for each track is?

• @anomieholiday said:
    Has anyone figured out where the tempo slider for each track is?

My setup? Doesn't need one. It's a live-setup. Tempo-changes will be done with the global tempo.
    The first waveform-display is for displaying my whole kick-part. That's the only thing that'll be untouched and in a raw, stitched form - I don't plan on messing with my kicks and having to rearrange on the fly but rather have the freedom to work within boundaries. The two additional displays are for FX-synth-one-shotter. Just so I kinda know where one is. The 8 displays in the middle are the moving waves. Just for the heck of it.