Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New dj app! Soda dj app by modstep devs!

Comments

• @cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops
    Unfortunately apple decided to remove it from the store as it did not get updated for quite a while.. we might do another update for it just so people can download it again. But obviously soda is the spiritual successor to d- -b and development will focus on that. To make up for our promises for d- -b we'll put the bundle price to the same price as soda / d- -b itself, so if you bought either one you'll get the other one for free.

The bundle with will be up as soon as its through review - hopefully during the day - we'll post an update here as soon as it is.

Thanks

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Telengard said:

@cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops
    Unfortunately apple decided to remove it from the store as it did not get updated for quite a while.. we might do another update for it just so people can download it again. But obviously soda is the spiritual successor to d- -b and development will focus on that. To make up for our promises for d- -b we'll put the bundle price to the same price as soda / d- -b itself, so if you bought either one you'll get the other one for free.

The bundle with will be up as soon as its through review - hopefully during the day - we'll post an update here as soon as it is.

Awesome!!!

Free is always good, but isn't the d--b app just kind of a less evolved version of the new one? I mean, if you have Soda, do you need the other one?

It works the opposite direction. Whose purchased the old get free the new.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    AUv3 support is great but some AUs don’t rescale right in the specific window @cblomert

That's true, autoscaleable windows for AUs are needed with maybe floating and full screen pop out options etc. Right now for a workaround you can design your own AU windows with different sizes at least.

• @cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops

nice move,many thanks! I was quite sad when d--b left the field and never got updated for a long time cause i think it was the best DJ out there.I'm really happy to see that it moves to another level now.

• @Dubbylabby said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Telengard said:

@cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops

Awesome!!!

Free is always good, but isn't the d--b app just kind of a less evolved version of the new one? I mean, if you have Soda, do you need the other one?

It works the opposite direction. Whose purchased the old get free the new.

Ah, excellent. That's neighborly.
    Has anyone dived in yet?

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Telengard said:

@cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops

Awesome!!!

I own d(--)b, so I can get the updated one as @Carnbot mentioned.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@rezidue said:
    Is it possible to monitor via headphones and use Bluetooth audio as your master out?

You can try a splitter adapter. IK multimedia has a special iOS DJ adapter too.

Sure, I just have a specific use case and was wondering if simultaneous routing of headphone and bluetooth audio was possible.

• Don’t let this topic go down... this deserves being in the roof too
    :#

• i see the beyond dj potential for its applications...as a fancy file player and sequencer into cubasis

• @LeonLeroy said:
    i see the beyond dj potential for its applications...as a fancy file player and sequencer into cubasis

Same.

• Lots of potential here and will be using this a lot when IAA support is added. It has the tools I was kind of hoping would be in the File player of AUM, but I guess that would have been expecting too much :)

• I just went on a walk with the fader up on an imported audiobook and the other up on a long stretch of ambient.

• This app looks very promising, would be great to see Apple Music catalog made available for subscribers to do with. Spotify offers this in another app I think?

I'm hoping we will get a touchable update with the new devices in time for Ableton 10 release..

• @bounce said:
    I just went on a walk with the fader up on an imported audiobook and the other up on a long stretch of ambient.

Great idea, i might grab the app to try this out!

• Hrmmm...the app keeps losing the Audio when i go to the FX channel or play with anything related to volume...and i lose all Audio in the app. Running on iPad Pro 10.5. Anyone else encountering this issue?

• @echoopera said:
    Hrmmm...the app keeps losing the Audio when i go to the FX channel or play with anything related to volume...and i lose all Audio in the app. Running on iPad Pro 10.5. Anyone else encountering this issue?

got systematic crashes yesterday editing my own template when trying to add mixer items on a pro 11.1, emailed the dev

• This looks awesome AF! Gonna grab this and pair it up with my Faderfox FT3! How’s the midi mapping on the app?? Oh... what about supporting multiple outs?

• file management system for the user created templates is broken, I was able to save two templates with the exact same name. Also if you have a template saved sometimes you edit it the undo won't work, and even the saved copy of it has been updated even if you haven't committed the changes? Haven't bought many apps but I have to say this is the buggiest paid for app so far, I hope they sort it out.

• Ok took and plung and WOW! Very impressive app. I've been sitting here for a few hours with it having a blast mixing. It maps out nicely to the Faderfox - minus a few bits and pieces and it is a bit buggy but I haven't had any major issues yet. Super powerful DJ app. Impressed.

• @cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops

@cblomert , how soon for the bundle so i could get the app.

• @tymon said:

it is a bit buggy but I haven't had any major issues yet. Super powerful DJ app. Impressed.

agreed, once it gets going it's pretty decent

• @djjuniorpops said:

@cblomert said:
    @djjuniorpops

@cblomert , how soon for the bundle so i could get the app.

yes, as a d(--)b purchaser I will give this a go when that happens and I'm guessing there are a good number who will too, means more peolple talking about the app so it might help sales??
    But then again I'm also guessing that they neeed to get a slightly updated version of db into the app store before apple will let them do the bundle thing?
    any comment @cblomert ?

• edited December 2017

It’s free. No need to wait for a bundle!
    EDIT: Posting before coffee: I thought I was in the FM Player thread. Sorry!

• The bundle is up! :-)
    Here's a link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/id1320982576?mt=8

For some reason apple does allow bundles with apps that are not in the store - was surprising, but it worked.
    Thanks again to everyone who invested in d(- -)b back in the day!

• @lerosa said:

@tymon said:

it is a bit buggy but I haven't had any major issues yet. Super powerful DJ app. Impressed.

agreed, once it gets going it's pretty decent

Hey Lerosa

Is the crash issue in the Editor still present? Any chance you could send us a screenshot / a small video?

Cheers!

• @cblomert said:

Is the crash issue in the Editor still present? Any chance you could send us a screenshot / a small video?

Cheers!

Hi Christian, I deleted the preset that was crashing it but I'll try and recreate that also take screenshots of the other issues, cheers, L

• @cblomert said:
    The bundle is up! :-)
    Here's a link:

For some reason apple does allow bundles with apps that are not in the store - was surprising, but it worked.

You made a great work even from the first beta. AUv3 implementation could help in make possible some of the ideas I mailed as suggestion. :smiley:

• @cblomert said:
    The bundle is up! :-)
    Here's a link:

aha! great stuff, not available yet here in the uk, link goes to us store.
    I've used the Soda app uk listing and gone to developer apps but it's probably too early for it to show here..

• Ok. I’m getting a bit of hassle running 3rd party effects. I don’t have that many - mostly Audio Damage stuff atm. But whenever I load these in all the parameters are turned hard right which causes audio overload/feedback and all sorts of nastiness. I’m not rly big on Fx when doing. Maybe a delay or reverb on transitions from time to time. So no real biggie for me. Anyone else had any luck with effects?

And how about multiple outs? I don’t have a multi out iOS interface to check this. Is it possible to route audio to separate outs and into the channels on a DJ mixer.

How about having the load track set up to expanded view by default?

• Just double-checked - it's labeled as 'Ready for Sale' but is available in 0/153 territories. It asks to contact iTunes connect support which we just did - but that means it might be a few more days unfortunately :/
    maybe we do have to upload an update for d(- -)b after all.