Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• That's amazing @dichstudios ! How are you going to control the patch points?

• @dichstudios said:
    :) The one you see here is a "one off" for myself. I'm really enjoying the process of making this one and would be thrilled if others wanted one as well. That said, I would obviously have to remove anything that said "moog" and the logo on the back, before I would start selling them. Sorry, I have a lot of respect for the people at Moog and don't want to step on any toes.

But to the point, yes, if people want to buy one, then I'll gladly start making them.

I would most likely sell them in $650 range. It's a lot of hand work, but I think people will appreciate all that goes into it.

Pre orders will start when I finish this one off.

More specs:

• 13" x 20" x 6" case with lid
    • Using encoders and lighted push buttons for all knobs and switches so when you change presets you don't have to worry about re-adjusting pots to match.
    • internal powered USB hub on back to "hopefully" charge iPad/iPhone and allow the connection of midi keyboards.
    • 5 pin midi in/out/thru for syncing to extrernal gear

As stated earlier, it is ambitious, but my code monkey assures me that he can easily make it happen.

would you be interested in releasing the pcb design ? would actually like to build one for myself. and 650$ is too steep for me. (live in India. so that's more than my staffs salary for 6 months. i literally pay them 120$ a month.)

• @TGiG to my knowledge the patch point are not midi assignable yet, (if) moog opens these up, I've got that part covered and waiting.

I really hope they do.

• @dichstudios said:
    @TGiG to my knowledge the patch point are not midi assignable yet, (if) moog opens these up, I've got that part covered and waiting.

I really hope they do.

Thank you, I'd better jump on the waiting list :wink:

• actualy you take my idea i was playing with in my mind.
    But i can up with one thing which stopped me making it. Moog app has no midi patch cables implemented, only the switches and rotaries.
    It wont be the same as ms20ic controller, where you put physical cables and ims-20 do the same on your ipad.

• You're right, it's not the same, but that's not a bad thing. I have the ms20ic sitting next to me right now. The problem is when you change presets software side. I actually stopped using the cables on the controller, because I didn't want to waste time making it match the screen.
    The reason I am building this is because I find myself using the knobs and switches more then moving patch cables around. Touch screen knobs just never worked well for me.

If they ever update the app to allow patch points, I'm ready to implement my new approach on patch points. What that is...well, you'll have to wait and see. ;)

• Yes and no, i can imagine having this beautiful midi thingy and still be tighted to ipad screen to patch the cables. My point of view

• I spent an hour with this app last night doing one of the things I love to do the most on my Eurorack modular - pinging the filter.

Pure bliss! :)

Peace \/
    chisel316

• It all really comes down to the end user's experience. If my controller helps people get to the sound they're after in a faster or more "natural" way, then I think it's worth it, patch cables or not...

• anyone have any tips for 'analog warming' style patches? just getting into the (horribly buggy) possibilities of mangling via audiobridge and wow!

• Listening to this now, nice interview so far.

• @firejan82 said:
    Listening to this now, nice interview so far.

I was listening in the car on my ride home, definitely a great interview and a great app. I can't believe I held out on it for almost 5 days...I haven't gotten a chance to dig too deeply yet but it sounds amazing. Hopefully this weekend.

• Just a YouTube playlist of my favorite Moog sounds: The last, a Multimoog, is far from being the least.

• Decided to buy it. Pretty straigtforward to use, specially after using the iMS-20 for so long. Is there a way to make the filters to self-oscilate? I prefer to build my kicks that way.

• I forgot to say I figured it out minutes before I posted my question here. The regeneration knob. Of course.

• edited June 2016

Anyone able to record and playback midi to and from Cubasis? I can get it working with Auria Pro well enough. seems like maybe Cubasis is messing up the poly pressure or something, as it sounds very muffled.

• edited June 2016

Hi,

Moog just released Model 15 v 1.0.4 update.

I am wondering how to restore the IAP purchase if install a fresh new download.

By press the buy button again?

I can not see the restore button there.

• @Kaikoo2 said:
    Hi,

Moog just released Model 15 v 1.0.4 update.

I am wondering how to restore the IAP purchase if install a fresh new download.

By press the buy button again?

I can not see the restore button there.

Ok, after closing and reopening it, I see the restore icon.

• @Crabman said:

@Audiohub said:
    I've got another question for the Moog guy, although I haven't seen him posting here lately.
    Are you still monitoring this forum?

I've noticed that the most that you can increase the frequency of the two 921b oscillators by using the DC Modulate jacks is just 1 octave up or one octave down. This seems broken, as it severely limits the ability to do useful FM by modulating one 921b with the other, and also really limits the hard sync tonal range if you're modulating the synced oscillator with an envelope generator for that classic sync sound.

On a hardware 921b module, the oscillator can be modulated much farther than this, allowing it to create a much wider range of sounds.

Can this be fixed?

Also, thanks for your previous answer about normalling the inputs of the 3 reversible attenuators. Although I agree that this isn't part of the recreation of a vintage model 15, I still hope that you might consider it in a future update because of its usefulness.

I don't really see this app as a slavish recreation of the 15, because it really is a lot better in a number of ways, what with the Midi and Audio patchbay, the Voltage Controlled delay, Voltage Controlled reversible attenuators (I don't think Moog ever made these for the Modulars, although they certainly should have) and even nice touches like including the hard sync to replace the less useful strong sync that was on the original 15.

There is a neat trick you can use to extend the range of the 921b modulation...
    If you use an app like MidiBridge, you can route the Model 15 Midi Out to the Model 15 Midi In.
    Now, you can route the envelope generator to, say, the CC 16 Midi Out on the Midi panel. If you assign the oscillator Frequency knob to CC 16, now you can go 2 octaves up and down. Better, but still not great.
    You can also assign CC 16 to the Oscillator Range switch (yes, you can assign the same CC# to multiple destinations if you want) and now you can push the frequency up via the envelope generator quite a bit!
    Not very convenient, but for the determined programmer with access to an app like MidiBridge, there are at least some options available.

After i had time to play with it a little i must say that i also wish the mod amount would be deeper then -1v +1v on the 921b.Some FM stuff is always one of the first things i'm trying when it comes to modular synth and while you have more mod depth on the 921 i'm struggling to create usable,harmonic FM content with it.More on the FX side of life.Filter FM sounds great though (but i did not try it with just the self resonating filter yet).I understand that this is a faithful recreation but since there is a lot of other stuff enhanced/added too...i wish there would be a choice for an"extended"mode somehow and someday,

But that's really nitpicking,the sound of this beauty is awesome and the level of polishment (and feature richness) is breathtaking.Many thanks for this true iOS gem!

Hi Crabman,

You can use any of the AMPLIFIERS to significantly boost control signals.

• Here are some audio demos from the PSYCHOTROPIC SYNTHESIS pack:

All of the demos were recorded directly by the app with one pass (no overdubs) and were played on the KEYS or RIBBON using an iPad mini 2. No knobs were turned during the recordings; all changes were made by PB, MW, AT, and RIBBON controls.

• @obiwahnkentobi said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@cl516 said:
    Hi @MoogMusicInc I know this thread is pretty hectic, but need to ask:

1. How do I touch more than one knob at a time without mapping MIDI cc?

We decided against this since it proved more important to be able to quickly put two fingers down to pan around without risking changing any knobs. Without this two finger panning, you'd have to continuously try to avoid existing controls to navigate. We'll continue to evaluate the possible gestures and who knows, maybe in the future we'll find a way to make more than one knob control work together with all the others.

1. Is there a PDF manual that we can read without loading the app?

Not yet, we're looking into this.

First thx for this great instrument!

More then one knob was one of my first thoughts...thx for the info @MoogMusicInc maybe if you hold the second knob longer then a second to catch would work maybe...

Plus the other thing is the hold of the keyboard, how can i release one of the hold keys, like in animoog double tap to release?...

This only works when using the ARP but...
    Instead of using the HOLD switch on KEYS, use the red LATCH button on the left of the ARP. Turn the black ARP switch ON on KEYS. Now, when you release all keys, the next key press will turn off the previous notes.

• @Max_Free said:
    It is the same scheme U-HE uses in his Bazille modular, which like the Model 15 app has a fixed number of modules.

BTW for those interested, the latest issue of Computer Music contains a free version of Bazille.

• It is not a full version, tho

• @dichstudios said:
    Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to share with you what I'm currently working on.
    I decided to make a dedicated controller for the model 15. It's such an awesome app, I figure it would be even better with a custom controller, right?

Progress:
    Case is 90% done (need to mount the latches and add USB ports)
    Panel is 80% done (test panel shown below, need to make a few changes and finish labels)
    Electronic bits are being collected and pcb to be finalized shortly.

I welcome your feedback.

How's the project going?!

• @mrufino1 said:

Listening to this now, nice interview so far.

Huge take away from that video:

The CPU usage of a music app on an iPAD Air 1 can be reduced by 50% when using the Metal GUI

• 50% CPU....... Yes your right......Is therea way to turn it off(metal GUI)?....... Makes my Air 1 like an iPad 2........ Or save up for Pro 12.9 ?......... Maybe wait to see what Apple new models are coming out this Fall?

• @studs1966 said:
    50% CPU....... Yes your right......Is therea way to turn it off(metal GUI)?....... Makes my Air 1 like an iPad 2........ Or save up for Pro 12.9 ?......... Maybe wait to see what Apple new models are coming out this Fall?

Unfortunately you're looking at this the wrong way. Metal makes Model 15 50% smoother than without it. Meaning even if you could turn Metal off, which you can't, our earlier iPads wouldn't run it at all! And I definitely feel your pain, I'm on the Mini 2 (same specs as Air 1). It barely runs for me. I am saving (and selling gear) to get the iPad Pro around September

• @TGiG said:

@studs1966 said:
    50% CPU....... Yes your right......Is therea way to turn it off(metal GUI)?....... Makes my Air 1 like an iPad 2........ Or save up for Pro 12.9 ?......... Maybe wait to see what Apple new models are coming out this Fall?

Unfortunately you're looking at this the wrong way. Metal makes Model 15 50% smoother than without it. Meaning even if you could turn Metal off, which you can't, our earlier iPads wouldn't run it at all! And I definitely feel your pain, I'm on the Mini 2 (same specs as Air 1). It barely runs for me. I am saving (and selling gear) to get the iPad Pro around September

Ahhh!.... I see......... Thanks for that. ;)

• I'm not having any issues running model 15 on an air 1. I may be misunderstanding what you are saying though.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I'm not having any issues running model 15 on an air 1.

^^^^+^^^1>>>>no problem either.
    (Was running Model-15 in Air1 and air 2 both synced with LINK.)