Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• @eustressor said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Sitting in my wish list waiting for fathers day :D

Same here.

@eross said:

Thanks for sharing SonicState's vid. I've been deliberately hiding from this thread because applust, and now I find this has the arpeggiator I never knew I always wanted to BOOT?!?

Ack! Oop! (Passes out.)

yep this video is what sold it for me too

• Hafta to say that in portrait on the new Big Boy it's something to stare at...

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@Audiohub said:
    I've noticed that when you you make the filter oscillate and patch the keyboard into one of the CV inputs, the filter doesn't track the keyboard. It actually overtracks the keyboard (C-C is more like C-E), so running the keyboard output through the Attenuator first and adjusting the output to around 8.5 or 9 makes the oscillating filter track correctly for me.
    Anyone else notice this? I was working lately on crafting a tribute Tomita whistling patch which is what brought it to my attention.

Things like this is why the original 953 duophonic keyboard has scale and range knobs. It's also one of the reasons why we included additional attenuators in the extension panel of the app.

Aaah, so a recreation feature instead of a bug, then. Making it overtrack is certainly preferable to undertrack, so you don't have waste the mixer to correct the problem. :)
    Do any other modules besides the mixer amplify a signal (audio or CV)?

The extension panel VC attenuators are a VERY nice touch...I like the ring modulator effect, and I'm still thinking about what other interesting things they might do. Invert the keyboard, Weather-Report style? Possibly a set of panning VCAs? Multiple modulations from a single CV? I think that there's some hidden programming mojo here for sure.

Can't wait to see what you come up with in the future for that blank area at the bottom.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@Sonicflux said:
    @MoogMusicinc, I've noticed that the Delay module is always in stereo ping pong mode. Would we be able to get a mono option? I don't know what the legacy of the module is, and I know you're trying to keep it all original, but the ping pong effect isn't always ideal.

This is by design, we wanted a stereo delay that did what most people would look for with a minimum amount of tweaking. Note that the extension cabinet (the lower one) are not legacy re-creations, all these modules were specifically created for the app. Maybe in the future we'll add other modules that might do more what you're looking for.

Thanks for the explanation!

I wouldn't stop you from making a mono delay module, but my needs could be fulfilled with a stereo/mono option on the existing delay module. In the meantime, I'll just offload the delay duties to one of my other delay apps.

• I've not seen it mentioned - and it's only a small (but nice) touch - but if you tilt the iPad, the wires have a 3D effect, so that you can peer round and see behind the cables! Not in the same league as the actual sound, but I thought worth a mention.

• Ooh I didn't know that, thanks.

• edited May 2016

Hmm, the IAP's aren't transferable? I purchased them on the iPhone but don't see an option to restore them on the iPad. Do I have to buy them again?

EDIT: Weird, I closed the app and reopened it and the restore option was there. False alarm

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Hafta to say that in portrait on the new Big Boy it's something to stare at...

This is the first app that's really got me considering an iPad Pro. Some iPod the others would be nice (TC-11, Borderlands Granular), but the Model 15 seems ideal on that device.

• @Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

This is the first app that's really got me considering an iPad Pro. Some iPod the others would be nice (TC-11, Borderlands Granular), but the Model 15 seems ideal on that device.

I like the big machine. It's worth saying that after two or three days it no longer felt big. Good in one way, but in another made me think that we do adjust and maybe there wasn't such a leap forward beyond that first 'whoah' moment. However, for the apps that it makes a difference with it IS a huge difference. As mentioned elsewhere, it's actually almost comical to see Thesys and Rebirth on an iPad and be able to consider using them, neither of which are a reason to spend the money.

The bang for the buck (and I'm only addressing music here, yes graphic work is a world better as can be games, but -again- I personally couldn't justify getting a Pro for those reasons, much as I enjoy the facility etc.) is immediately in Auria and, interestingly, in Cubasis, which is suddenly (pesky zoom to one side) like a whole different, more serious, usable, object now. And then all the obvious suspects, Turnado, the FFs, Egoist (which is a dream) etc. Hmmm. Essentially it comes to me that an iPad Pro is a Sugar Bytes Enhancing Machine :)

The Model 15 is night and day and I have no doubt that other apps will come along that take advantage etc, but the 'look' while obviously front and center is still only about 20% of my pleasure/excitement. The memory in all its forms is what makes the immediate and productive difference....I'm off to Maine for a sudden two-week trip to work in the wilderness and this will be the only thing of any technological consequence I take with me....

• edited May 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I like the big machine. It's worth saying that after two or three days it no longer felt big. Good in one way, but in another made me think that we do adjust and maybe there wasn't such a leap forward beyond that first 'whoah' moment. However, for the apps that it makes a difference with it IS a huge difference. As mentioned elsewhere, it's actually almost comical to see Thesys and Rebirth on an iPad and be able to consider using them, neither of which are a reason to spend the money.

The bang for the buck (and I'm only addressing music here, yes graphic work is a world better as can be games, but -again- I personally couldn't justify getting a Pro for those reasons, much as I enjoy the facility etc.) is immediately in Auria and, interestingly, in Cubasis, which is suddenly (pesky zoom to one side) like a whole different, more serious, usable, object now. And then all the obvious suspects, Turnado, the FFs, Egoist (which is a dream) etc. Hmmm. Essentially it comes to me that an iPad Pro is a Sugar Bytes Enhancing Machine :)

The Model 15 is night and day and I have no doubt that other apps will come along that take advantage etc, but the 'look' while obviously front and center is still only about 20% of my pleasure/excitement. The memory in all its forms is what makes the immediate and productive difference....I'm off to Maine for a sudden two-week trip to work in the wilderness and this will be the only thing of any technological consequence I take with me....

I've got the 12.9" iPad Pro also, and, I've never go back to that tiny 9,7" iPad Air 2 again!
    The old iPad Air 2 has retired and it has lazy days now ;-)

I also like to paint with my iPad Pro 12.9", and, besides Procreate, there's a new paint app called Paintstorm Studio that I can recommend! Amazing brush engine, and if you like Photoshop you're home...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Good feedback. I almost exclusively use my iPad at home, usually sitting on a desk, so the size and weight would not present a fatigue factor, as some have expressed a concern with.

Admittedly I do play a few iOS games on my iPad, and watch some Netflix movies/shows as well, so that's just gravy on top of a better music-making machine. I'm still on an iPad Air 1, so the extra muscle would be appreciated as well.

• @Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Good feedback. I almost exclusively use my iPad at home, usually sitting on a desk, so the size and weight would not present a fatigue factor, as some have expressed a concern with.

Admittedly I do play a few iOS games on my iPad, and watch some Netflix movies/shows as well, so that's just gravy on top of a better music-making machine. I'm still on an iPad Air 1, so the extra muscle would be appreciated as well.

Hafta to add that I don't find the size/weight any issue at all, but then I have large hands Mister Trump...

• Anybody on iPhone 5S able to record a Model 15 track into Multi-Track DAW without lag and glitches? Was tryin to earlier with no effects and only 3 other audio tracks present, to no avail. No effects present, airplane mode.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Anybody on iPhone 5S able to record a Model 15 track into Multi-Track DAW without lag and glitches? Was tryin to earlier with no effects and only 3 other audio tracks present, to no avail. No effects present, airplane mode.

On the iPad Air 2 it's pretty challenging to record Model 15 with latency at 128. In Auria it's a crackle-fest, in Aum less so. I use AUM and put up with the crackles because they don't actually affect the recording, and as long as there aren't too many of them they're not distracting.

That's the price you pay for that quality of sound, I think if you turn eco mode on in the synth things will be better, but otherwise increasing the latency is probably the only solution. If the iPad Air 2 is struggling then the iPhone 5s is going to be tricky at best.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I've got the 12.9" iPad Pro also, and, I've never go back to that tiny 9,7" iPad Air 2 again!

I also like to paint with my iPad Pro 12.9", and, besides Procreate, there's a new paint app called Paintstorm Studio that I can recommend! Amazing brush engine, and if you like Photoshop you're home...

Thanks for mentioning paintstorm! Had seen it a while back and forgot the name and no amount of Googling got me back to it ...

• @oat_phipps said:
    Anybody on iPhone 5S able to record a Model 15 track into Multi-Track DAW without lag and glitches? Was tryin to earlier with no effects and only 3 other audio tracks present, to no avail. No effects present, airplane mode.

If you're not playing live, there's no reason not to crank up the latency. If you are playing live, then turn it up as high as you can manage without it affecting your playing too much. Also, are you recording at 24bit or 16bit in MultiTrack DAW? Running at 16bit might free up some resources, especially with three other audio tracks present. You might also consider bouncing those three other audio tracks down to one.

Try playing turning "ECO Mode" on and set "Minimal IOS signal processing" in Model 15. Maybe try recording into something else like AUM or AudioShare to see if it could be something up with MultiTrack DAW. If you're hosting Model 15 as an IAA directly in MultiTrack, try hosting it in AudioBus and recording the AudioBus input instead.

Close all apps. Then hold down the power button until you get the power-off slider. Don't slide it. Now hold down the home button until it returns you to the home screen - just to be sure there isn't something going on in the background.

If you're not on the latest iOS 9.3.1 version you might want to consider upgrading.

• 1.0.2 update is now available, by the way. It fixes the arp issue mentioned earlier!

• Quick work. I am addicted to this app :smile:

• Still Model 15 no joy as IAA inside iMPC PRO. no sound from app at all.

• I finally joined the 64bit iOS club. The Model 15 is pretty cool. I like it lot.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Still Model 15 no joy as IAA inside iMPC PRO. no sound from app at all.

Well I have IAA issues with Model 15 and Cubasis too.
    Track freezing doesn't work (the frozen track is silent).

And when trying to use Model 15 IAA as an input in the mini-sampler only the Model 15 Audio Bridge options are available.

I'm running all this on iPad Air 2, iOS 9.3.1.

I'm sure these issues will be fixed in due time by either the Devs over at MoogMusic and Steinberg.

• edited May 2016

@nick said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks for mentioning paintstorm! Had seen it a while back and forgot the name and no amount of Googling got me back to it ...

Yeah, Paintstorm Studio is amazing!

And, believe it or not, one guy has done all three version of Paintstorm Studio (iPad, MacOSX and Windows)!

And, they are all the same, with same features on all three platforms...

The developer is russian and lives in Moscow...

If you like synths, Moogs Model 15 is da shit, and if you're into art Paintstorm Studio will blow your mind...

• Can I make it retrigger the envelopes? I thought connecting the trigger outputs to envelopes would do it be it seems like it is always in legato mode. I must be missing something obvious.

• To all other AP owners: does this app do objectively anything FF Twin and One cannot?

• edited May 2016

@theconnactic said:
    To all other AP owners: does this app do objectively anything FF Twin and One cannot?

Wilder crispy filter sweeping sound.

Moog LP ladder filter is patented life time achievement from the father of analog modular synthesizer. ;)

• edited May 2016

I have no questions about the quality of Moog LP in the hardware realm - just its ability to duplicate the same quality in software. To be candid, I found Animoog a little disappointing, and both FabFilters have a wider range and a higher sound quality IMO. That's why I'm a little on the fence with Model 15.

• edited May 2016

@theconnactic, I am Auria owner too, but I found FF synths sound quite faky on analog side IMHO. Not against you but true voice from me.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@nick said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Seangarland said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yeah, Paintstorm Studio is amazing!

And, believe it or not, one guy has done all three version of Paintstorm Studio (iPad, MacOSX and Windows)!

And, they are all the same, with same features on all three platforms...

The developer is russian and lives in Moscow...

If you like synths, Moogs Model 15 is da shit, and if you're into art Paintstorm Studio will blow your mind...

It really is that good, huh? I have all the usual suspects (Procreate, Art studio, sketch club and a boatload of others etc), and was thinking this might be a 12 dollar more-of-the-same, but your enthusiasm makes me think I might be underestimating it...

• edited May 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear, I have all the same paint programs you mentioned above. Paintstorm Studio is really worth it! It works great with the Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro. Fantastic expressive brushes (see attached doodle). The iPad version of Paintstorm Studio works better than the Mac version using a Wacom tablet; when using the Apple Pencil, IMO.

@Kaikoo2 said:

@theconnactic, I am Auria owner too, but I found FF synths sound quite faky on analog side IMHO.

I agree with @Kaikoo2 about FF Twin. I am really impressed with Model 15. I also went back to SynthMaster; and still really blown away with the sound quality and expressiveness of its presets.

• Of course, @kaikoo: to each his own! To me, Animoog is underwhelming, not really my cup of tea, and Twin/One are the very best on iOS: that's why I cannot decide wether there is a real need to buy Model 15. Of course, if it sounds less like Animoog and more like the real thing (does anyone have a real Model 15 to compare?), that will be a huge plus.