Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 App Released

Comments

• I am also overjoyed by the release of this and congratulate the developer for his excellent work! it seems to me Moog Music is stepping up the whole game in the software virtual analog industry with this. And they mostly prosper from selling their hardware! Very remarkable. Loving it!

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@crzycrs said:

congrats, a new era, hm? :)
    regarding the non-facebookers, any chance for these presets otherwise?

@crzycrs: those presets are only available with a Facebook account, it's very easy to create one and you'll immediately get the presets for free afterwards

thank you, best wishes.

• edited May 2016

I guess if I ever buy another hardware synth it would be a Moog because simply, they're such cool bunnys. For me the electronic music started with Walter Carlos and "Switch On Bach" as a kid. Now I can move a little closer to my musical roots, find new inspiration in these organic sounds.

There is still room to improve the emulation imo btw. Like always. I wasn't convinced at some parts of the demos, but totally mind-blown at others, like the filter sound in the Sonic State video around 8:50. It is a beautiful instrument as a whole.

• I assume like the Animoog it outputs as high as 96K? Would highest quality output be via audio to my Audio Interface or are any of the audio over USB apps capable of anything over 44.1K?

• edited May 2016

PURCHASED

The plan was to wait for the sale but fuelling this IOS madness is not a bad thing either. Seems like.

Next step: testing it on my new old 600w celestion PA!

Edit: Program change was a massive selling point of course.

• @supadom said:
    PURCHASED

The plan was to wait for the sale but fuelling this IOS madness is not a bad thing either. Seems like.

Next step: testing it on my new old 600w celestion PA!

Edit: Program change was a massive selling point of course.

Forgive my dull head. Program change is doing what for you/us? (Sorry, I really am that ignorant etc).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Forgive my dull head. Program change is doing what for you/us? (Sorry, I really am that ignorant etc).

program change using Modstep for example so you can change patch mid sequence, great for keeping it live but organic :)

• @Carnbot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

program change using Modstep for example so you can change patch mid sequence, great for keeping it live but organic :)

Danke. Should have guessed as much as regards @supadom's predilections etc.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

• @1P18 blank space at the bottom of modular is actually very handy for cables that hang down from the bottom modules, otherwise they would be truncated

Thanks for the reply.

How about giving us some stickers to put there? You know, like banana stickers, Def Leppard stickers (did they use a Moog?), "I Like Ike" stickers (he totally rocked a Moog).

Actually, I had the screen brightness turned down, and it looks a little better turned up as I see there is a 3 dimensional space there. Still, a blank panel where we could put some sweet stickers would be cool. Maybe allowing users to import from the iOS Photos app for customized stickers? Just a thought.

• This great synth is a beast on the CPU. But that's ok because in order to sound this good it has to push iOS technology. I'd rather it looked forward than back. Well done Moog.

My Air 2 loves it, my mini 2 feels the strain a bit more.

• @pierre said:
    I'm a little lost in that gorgeous UI (the cables don't help)

Just learned from the manual, two finger double tap makes the cables translucent.

• edited May 2016

Lot of unbridled enthusiasm for this one

• @Carnbot said:
    This great synth is a beast on the CPU. But that's ok because in order to sound this good it has to push iOS technology. I'd rather it looked forward than back. Well done Moog.

Wary Mini 2 owner here, are you getting glitching or dropouts?

• Anyone know how to direct the sound to a bluetooth speaker?

• @ghostly606 said:

@Carnbot said:
    This great synth is a beast on the CPU. But that's ok because in order to sound this good it has to push iOS technology. I'd rather it looked forward than back. Well done Moog.

im on a mini 2. no problems yet. only been 30 mins though

• Curious to know how it runs on Mini 4

• GOT IT!

So, excited!

• edited May 2016

Recommend selecting a patch (i'm using forever strings) hitting a note, flip the hold switch and play with the knobs. Man it is sounding good in my headphones right now. What a drone!

Edit: yeah holy crap it's fun

A while ago I made a thread about the Roland Aira customizer app dreaming about how cool it would be to have an audio generating app with an interface like that.
    Nevermind :)

• @Carnbot said:

Damn.. I was just going to buy it but I only have a mini 2. Is it best to avoid it for now, and wait until I update my ipad at the end of the year? :( looks so goood

• @1P18 said:

@pierre said:
    I'm a little lost in that gorgeous UI (the cables don't help)

Just learned from the manual, two finger double tap makes the cables translucent.

Gold. Bless you etc.

• @Redo1 said:

@ghostly606 said:

@Carnbot said:

im on a mini 2. no problems yet. only been 30 mins though

Keep us posted if you have any glitches please!

• Are we supposed to be able to release a held key by tapping it again? Seem to be unable, but would be nice no?
    Currently have to flick the hold switch off to release. Am I missing something?

• Really glad to see Suzanne Ciani getting a lot more recognition these days.

• edited May 2016

@mireko_2 said:

I'm working away at it. Still no problems. just fun. Will try it through AUM now.

Edit: On my ipad mini 2 in AUM get some crackles when using DubFilter as effect slot and also with TC Voice audio unit in effect slot. Filtatron seemed to work better. Just tried those 3 so far.

Wasn't expecting or planning to use it with effects, but there you go. I could always be doing something wrong though. Someone with a lesson for me?

Again....anyway...it's more than enough fun for me as a standalone instrument with my midi keyboard. And this is why I got it.

Also recommended...
    Select Fat Splat Bss(or any other), start a simple arpeggio with latch on and tweak away

• @Redo1 said:
    Are we supposed to be able to release a held key by tapping it again? Seem to be unable, but would be nice no?
    Currently have to flick the hold switch off to release. Am I missing something?

My question also

• @Redo1 said:

@mireko_2 said:

I'm working away at it. Still no problems. just fun. Will try it through AUM now.

Edit: On my ipad mini 2 in AUM get some crackles when using DubFilter as effect slot and also with TC Voice audio unit in effect slot. Filtatron seemed to work better. Just tried those 3 so far.

Wasn't expecting or planning to use it with effects, but there you go. I could always be doing something wrong though. Someone with a lesson for me?

Again....anyway...it's more than enough fun for me as a standalone instrument with my midi keyboard. And this is why I got it.

Also recommended...
    Select Fat Splat Bss(or any other), start a simple arpeggio with latch on and tweak away

Yes I dont plan to use it with FX either so as long as its ok standalone then I'm happy. I would like to run Fugue into it though, so hopefully enough grunt to run that alongside it.

Thanks for reporting back :smiley:

• I just use it all day standalone on my ipad mini 2, not a single glitch or crash, worked flawlessly

• @kobamoto

Been busy making music :smiley:
    A video with more presets

• I just spent 2 hours on it..........................

I am just memorized.

I am so pleased

The problem is the sound is so good it will be hard to match things up! LOL

Anyway, it wouldn't be a thread post without an issue.

MOOG: Can you please fix FILTRATION orientation issues on IPAD AIR 2 and PASTE related issues?