Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tal U NO LX

Comments

• Thank you so much for the links :)

• @Grandbear said:

@White said:

• Improved user interface.

Kind of a dumb thing, but I do appreciate that the UI doesn't stretch anymore

Not dumb at all, that was really putting me off. I’m very happy the stretching is gone :)

• edited September 2022

This update is great.

I contacted Patrick at TAL renewing my interest in a port of the J-8 and 101 as well now when they are looking in our direction. The three would make a solid pack.

We’ll see how that goes…😁

Have a nice weekend!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Not sure if asked but…. I had so many Tal banks like 20, now they are only available in standalone not the Au version? What’s the remedy here?

Wondered if you would like to share some preset banks or do you have any links where to get them? Thanks

Links for sure.

Download Synth collection bundle free not all for Tal but a decent amount are… this one is great cause they recreate the sounds of some bands I like. They also have a YouTube channel

https://reverbmachine.com/

This link should be free but page is currently not working.
    https://www.audiobombs.com/items/2034/juno-106-bank-b-for-tal-u-no-lx

Wow, reverbmachine is such a great resource. I love their breakdowns.

• @anickt said:
    The only presets that show up in AUM for me are the ones that come with the app. Others I added show up in the standalone but not in AUM.

Saving user presets in AUM is funky too. If I open an existing preset, modify it and save as a user preset in AUM, when I reload it, my modified preset will load but it will show the name of the existing preset that I modified instead of the name I gave it.

Funky, but normal. When you restore an AUM app preset, AUM just loads the file it saved, and feeds the data into the app. This is similar to restoring an AUM session. Any preset name displayed by the app is determined by the app's internal data, not by AUM. The app does not know the name of the AUM preset, and AUM has no way of telling it.

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Strange thing… I have about 10 banks of presets in the standalone, but only 4 banks in the auv3 version. Anyone know why this is?

Same issue here… otherwise this is a fantastic update, finally has the UI to match the quality of the sounds.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Thank you so much for the links :)

@krassmann said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Not sure if asked but…. I had so many Tal banks like 20, now they are only available in standalone not the Au version? What’s the remedy here?

Wondered if you would like to share some preset banks or do you have any links where to get them? Thanks

Links for sure.

Download Synth collection bundle free not all for Tal but a decent amount are… this one is great cause they recreate the sounds of some bands I like. They also have a YouTube channel

https://reverbmachine.com/

This link should be free but page is currently not working.
    https://www.audiobombs.com/items/2034/juno-106-bank-b-for-tal-u-no-lx

Wow, reverbmachine is such a great resource. I love their breakdowns.

You’re welcome.

It definitely is.

• @DMfan said:
    This update is great.

I contacted Patrick at TAL renewing my interest in a port of the J-8 and 101 as well now when they are looking in our direction. The three would make a solid pack.

We’ll see how that goes…😁

Have a nice weekend!

/DMfan🇸🇪

Cool. Did you happen to mention the preset issue?

• @uncledave said:

@anickt said:
    The only presets that show up in AUM for me are the ones that come with the app. Others I added show up in the standalone but not in AUM.

Saving user presets in AUM is funky too. If I open an existing preset, modify it and save as a user preset in AUM, when I reload it, my modified preset will load but it will show the name of the existing preset that I modified instead of the name I gave it.

Funky, but normal. When you restore an AUM app preset, AUM just loads the file it saved, and feeds the data into the app. This is similar to restoring an AUM session. Any preset name displayed by the app is determined by the app's internal data, not by AUM. The app does not know the name of the AUM preset, and AUM has no way of telling it.

That’s weird! I didn’t know that, but I usually do presets in the standalone anyway. If AUM can see all banks then it really wouldn’t make any difference to me. I have notified TAL and already received a reply that they can reproduce the missing banks and will fix.

• edited September 2022

@anickt said:

@uncledave said:

@anickt said:

That’s weird! I didn’t know that, but I usually do presets in the standalone anyway. If AUM can see all banks then it really wouldn’t make any difference to me. I have notified TAL and already received a reply that they can reproduce the missing banks and will fix.

Awesome. Thank you so much for confirming this.

Good point, but when you have approximately 1000 presets AUM can be hard to navigate for patches.

• @Poppadocrock said:

Yes I did, no response on that on that one yet.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

@Poppadocrock said:

/DMfan🇸🇪

Right on, @anickt recently did, and a fix is on the way.

• Glad, the issue with AU presets was reported, thanks to all who did. Hope it's fixed soon. Does this break old projects that were using those presets?

• A great update and synth that deserves a whole lot more of my attention.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@anickt said:

@uncledave said:

@anickt said:

Awesome. Thank you so much for confirming this.

Good point, but when you have approximately 1000 presets AUM can be hard to navigate for patches.

Exactly, and since I’m planning to use this Synth now for Live Worship at church, switching presets easily is a must. That’s why i love creating the banks cause i can have presets setup for live play and switch on the fly.

• edited September 2022

@Poppadocrock said:

@DMfan said:

@Poppadocrock said:

/DMfan🇸🇪

Right on, @anickt recently did, and a fix is on the way.

TAL gave me the same response. They are aware of the issue and fixing it soon as they can.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @Slush said:
    A great update and synth that deserves a whole lot more of my attention.

It’s one of my favorites on iOS, it’s lightweight, sounds great, clean ui, lots of presets online. In my top 5 most used.

• Fixed AUM issue

• @anickt said:
    Fixed AUM issue

Yes. Thanks for sharing

• Totally great news!!!

• Super but now I have a new complaint :p

Old version used to have MIDI out from the AU to use the arpeggiator to trigger other AUs amongst other things… this seems to be missing now?!?

• Just from a minute fiddle I think unison feature will be a game-changer in terms of actually using U No - however I’d like to see a 2-voice unison, it appears to jump from 1 to 3?

• @MadGav said:
    Just from a minute fiddle I think unison feature will be a game-changer in terms of actually using U No - however I’d like to see a 2-voice unison, it appears to jump from 1 to 3?

I just noticed after checking for myself that it goes: 1,3,4,5,6,7

• @NeuM said:

@MadGav said:
    Just from a minute fiddle I think unison feature will be a game-changer in terms of actually using U No - however I’d like to see a 2-voice unison, it appears to jump from 1 to 3?

I just noticed after checking for myself that it goes: 1,3,4,5,6,7

I could understand that if there were no other even options i.e. so that 1 voice would always be centre no detune. But 2 voices just detuned makes a (limited) 2 VCO synth emulation and I like 2 voices with pan spread and detune for wide pads (going back to the Korg O5R/W I had in the 90s)

• Found this and… the TAL is pretty darn close to a perfect emulation…

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Thanks to Patrick.

• @iamspoon said:

Thanks to Patrick.

Sweet

• Through a Twitter search, I happened to find that a musician named Thomas Ueber is giving away his presets “Subtractive Emulator” for TAL-U-No-LX for free. (BTW, I found Sound Of Izrael in that Twitter comment section.)
    I thanked Thomas Ueber for his wonderful presets in the comment form on his website and wrote the address of this thread there.

Since there will be multiple threads on this forum about a single app, I would appreciate it if anyone would add Thomas Ueber's link to the presets link when another TAL-U-No-LX thread is started in the future.

https://www.thomasueber.com/

How to install (for beginners like me)
    Go to the DOWNLOADS page on the above website and tap DOWNLOAD for 'TAL U-No-LX Presets - Subtractive Emulator by Thomas Ueber'.
    In my case, I unzipped the file on my iPad and copied and pasted the resulting folder directly into the Presets folder in TAL-U-NO-LX folder.
    Then, when you start TAL-U-NO-LX, Subtractive Emulator Presets is already installed.

• @iamspoon said:
    Super but now I have a new complaint :p

Old version used to have MIDI out from the AU to use the arpeggiator to trigger other AUs amongst other things… this seems to be missing now?!?

Have you checked whether there are different app versions listed in the AUv3 menu? Maybe a Music Effect vs Instrument. These different names relate to which interfaces the Audio Unit presentd to the host.

• It’s all good, the latest beta version has reinstated the MIDI output.
    (and there was much rejoicing)