Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tal U NO LX

Comments

• @oat_phipps said:

@NeuM said:

@oat_phipps said:
    As far as sales, I’m only speculating based off the Lunar Lander developer sharing that they had ~1100 downloads and a 90% IAP success rate in the first couple weeks. But after the initial Audiobus forum/other iOS sites release bump and the trickle (like after 3 months or so), I wouldn’t be surprised if they were selling maybe a copy or two a day, and plenty days none. And I’m talking globally, not just the US. An app can go on sale and all of a sudden it immediately cracks the top 20 of sales. I’m honestly shocked iOS has developed as far as it has. forScore still seems to be going strong, though. The Tiny Wings of iOS music.

Since these forums represent a concentrated pool of potential buyers, anyone selling something in the audio recording/engineering/etc. space would want to start it off here. A specialty app selling to the general public would be a rarity unless it also functions somewhat like a super simple to use novelty or game app.

Hey… that might be a way for these developers to extend the reach of these audio products… make some elements of them gamified, then use that gamer revenue to drive the more serious and technical aspects of the app.

Isn’t Korg Gadget an arcade? I thought that’s what it was. At least it always made me feel like I was in an arcade instead of trying to be productive.

I think the “game” aspect for iOS GarageBand might be the DJ function (which I absolutely hate), but it gets amateurs interested in other aspects of music production, so that might be a plus.

• edited August 2021

SoundForce SFC-60

Designed for special integration with TAL-U-NO-LX. Class compliant. USB-Midi. Bus Powered. Mac/Windows/iOS

• Cute, but without keys it’s just junking up the joint with excess hardware since the Juno is so simple. I certainly wouldn’t classify it as a knob turner’s synth.

• @BitterGums said:

SoundForce SFC-60

Designed for special integration with TAL-U-NO-LX. Class compliant. USB-Midi. Bus Powered. Mac/Windows/iOS

More expensive than a JU-06A 😮

• @MadGav said:

@BitterGums said:

SoundForce SFC-60

Still kinda sexy

• @MadGav said:

@BitterGums said:

SoundForce SFC-60

That’s pure lunacy

• @oat_phipps said:

@MadGav said:

@BitterGums said:

SoundForce SFC-60

That’s pure lunacy

Definitely. Cash grab for sure!

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@MadGav said:

@BitterGums said:

SoundForce SFC-60

That’s pure lunacy

Definitely. Cash grab for sure!

Well… panel parts are the most expensive components of synths and I’d guess SoundForce aren’t making a huge number. Doesn’t add up to a gouge vs say Eurorack prices.

• edited August 2021

yeah, it's a little too pricey at 350 but it's a one man company. It's all hand built and made to order so hard to keep the costs down.

But i can't think of another HW controller that is so specifically designed for a certain plug-in ...that models a vintage synth so well ..and has both OS and iOS versions.

• how do you save patches in Tal ?

• @BitterGums said:

But i can't think of another HW controller that is so specifically designed for a certain plug-in ...that models a vintage synth so well ..and has both OS and iOS versions.

Korg Ms-20ic
    a hardware controller for Korg MS-20 soft synth

https://cdn.korg.com/us/support/download/files/feef2bca9a4f84c86ca0224cee8d7c6f.pdf

• @mlau said:
    how do you save patches in Tal ?

In the AUv3 version? You can’t, apart from the “default” patch

• @NoiseFloored said:

@mlau said:

all righty !

• Save in your host via AU params

• @mlau said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@mlau said:

all righty !

Sound design in stand alone, save. Sequence in host. Or screen shot in host and then recreate in stand alone to save.

• @gsm909 said:

@BitterGums said:

Korg Ms-20ic

https://cdn.korg.com/us/support/download/files/feef2bca9a4f84c86ca0224cee8d7c6f.pdf

Touche´!! Wow, I completely forgot about that thing.

-huh, never considered that the jacks wouldn't send CV or audio. But makes perfect sense that they don't ..just contacts to tell the VST to make the equivalent patch on the screen.

Discontinued now too... I'm sure once the MS-20 mini came out this felt a bit underwhelming.

• @BitterGums said:

@gsm909 said:

@BitterGums said:

Korg Ms-20ic

Touche´!! Wow, I completely forgot about that thing.

-huh, never considered that the jacks wouldn't send CV or audio. But makes perfect sense that they don't ..just contacts to tell the VST to make the equivalent patch on the screen.

Discontinued now too... I'm sure once the MS-20 mini came out this felt a bit underwhelming.

Might well have been instrumental in the MS-20 mini being produced, as the case moulds already existed…?

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@mlau said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@mlau said:

all righty !

Sound design in stand alone, save. Sequence in host. Or screen shot in host and then recreate in stand alone to save.

yeap, that’s the way i do it too 😎 would be great though to have the option when i’m surfing inside Aum.

that said, it’s a minor injury compared to the pleasure i have playing this synth.

• Has anyone noticed mod not working for LFO filter sweeps?

• Version 4.7.21 is out:

• New unison mode with up to 7 VCOs per voice.
    • Improved user interface.
    • Improved preset handling.
    • Loading presets from the local storage or cloud is now also possible in the AUv3.
  • @White said:
    Version 4.7.21 is out:

• New unison mode with up to 7 VCOs per voice.
    • Improved preset handling.
    • Loading presets from the local storage or cloud is now also possible in the AUv3.

I saw that today. Cheers!

• Very nice! Love the new unison mode

• If only other synths would offer to store presets in iCloud

• @White said:

Kind of a dumb thing, but I do appreciate that the UI doesn't stretch anymore

• Deeeeng nice unison mode

• This is one of my top 5 Synths! Love the sounds espif you add some FAC Alteza reverb, thr default preset sounds amazing on everything!

• New unison option sounds bonkers good!!!

• Tweaked an awesome preset in AUM how can I save it to the Synth?

• edited September 2022

@Tones4Christ said:
    Tweaked an awesome preset in AUM how can I save it to the Synth?

plus sign in AUM let’s you save in AUM, plugin doesn’t have the option, but standalone allows you to save in app