Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BrainZ IAP for Tera Pro released

Comments

• edited February 2023

Great synth and lots of great presets!

Wishlist: option to tag favorites in presets, ”save as” or ”copy preset” option and global fx on/off switch.

• With the BrainZ IAP I can almost completely retire my Arturia MicroFreak :sunglasses:
    Still bugs me a bit that Harmonics doesn't have control over modulation depth like the Timbre & Morph knobs do...

• @Samu said:
    With the BrainZ IAP I can almost completely retire my Arturia MicroFreak :sunglasses:
    Still bugs me a bit that Harmonics doesn't have control over modulation depth like the Timbre & Morph knobs do...

I loved (and miss) my microfreak. Thinking of getting the minifreak soon.

• @tuquoque said:

Wishlist: option to tag favorites in presets, ”save as” or ”copy preset” option and global fx on/off switch.

Yes this please @VirSyn 🙏.

• @Sergiu said:
    Love it! Love it! I want TP for desktop!

If you have an M1 desktop then you can have your want and eat it!

• @Cambler said:

@Sergiu said:
    Love it! Love it! I want TP for desktop!

If you have an M1 desktop then you can have your want and eat it!

Not that lucky...wonder if Tera 3 is still an option!

• @Ben said:

@tuquoque said:

Yes this please @VirSyn 🙏.

And undo/redo please :*

• @auxmux said:
    Can we use more than one instance of the Brainz oscillator?

Seems not. Why is that btw @VirSyn?

• Is it similar to the module in MiRack?

• @cuscolima said:
    Is it similar to the module in MiRack?

Yes but it is polyphonic, Plaits module and mirack version are monophonic

• @Gavinski said:

@cuscolima said:

That’s interesting, I just had a thought that maybe with the right MIDI mappings this could effectively turn a micro freak into a kind of sub mini freak 😁

• @Gavinski said:

@cuscolima said:

Don't forget Spectrum synthesiser bundle... that's also monophonic, but free!

• I’m also having the desktop plugin issue after this latest update @VirSyn . In Logic I am able to select as as instrument however once I do it does not bring up the plugin window and is greyed out on the channel strip.

Can’t wait to play with the new iap though! Also thinking I should get the one before this. Love this synth :)

• @sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

@cuscolima said:

Yeah but in general I vastly prefer polyphonic synths, personally, as pads and key sounds are my favourite. You could of course always use a few instances with polythemus, but could you really be arsed when you can just buy a 10 bucks iap for a proper polyphonic version 😂?

• Spectrum does polyphony but it's a bit wonkier. The polyphony in the TP BrainZ IAP works a lot better.
    (But I do miss the more advanced LFOs that Spectrum has which are a step above average LFOs).

I see it like this. The 'Spectrum' bundle is a good way to check what BrainZ is capable of and it also ships with a load of effects that are missing in BrainZ/TeraPro and it's free!

• @sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

@cuscolima said:

It’s got A polyphony dial and sounds like it plays chords…Could be talking about a different part of module though..

• @Samu said:
    Spectrum does polyphony but it's a bit wonkier. The polyphony in the TP BrainZ IAP works a lot better.
    (But I do miss the more advanced LFOs that Spectrum has which are a step above average LFOs).

I see it like this. The 'Spectrum' bundle is a good way to check what BrainZ is capable of and it also ships with a load of effects that are missing in BrainZ/TeraPro and it's free!

Ah yeah, forgot it is poly. What's wonky about it?

• @Gavinski said:

Ah yeah, forgot it is poly. What's wonky about it?

Voice allocation for starters (it can cause hanging notes) as the poly mode is very 'experimental' at best.
    The output level gets a lot lower in poly-mode compared to mono-mode, preset management is host-dependent.

The UIs gets some time to get used to but for it 'works' most of the time and is an excellent source as sampler fodder for creating new samples.

The effect modules are top-notch and well worth to have in the toolbox.

On top of that the hole Spectrum bundle is _very CPU & Memory efficient so running multiple instances is no problem.

And as it's also a 'Freebie' there's not much to complain about but rather appreciate what we can get for totally free.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Spectrum does polyphony but it's a bit wonkier. The polyphony in the TP BrainZ IAP works a lot better.

@Zerozerozero said:

@sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

@cuscolima said:

It’s got A polyphony dial and sounds like it plays chords…Could be talking about a different part of module though..

Thanks guys!

• @Samu said:
    With the BrainZ IAP I can almost completely retire my Arturia MicroFreak :sunglasses:

Probably because the original module doesn’t have an attenuverter for that input, as you can see from the front panel in the MiRack screenshots above.

• Must admit was a bit on the fence about BrainZ at first but boy was I wrong. Some really brilliant presets and exploring new patch making with this one. Some of the patches go great along with FF Twin 3 joining the mix in AUM. Great week for synth heads !

• @VirSyn said:

The BrainZ module is an adaption of the famous Plaits Eurorack module from Mutable Instruments with full integration into Tera Pro's modular system. Extended to allow for fully polyphonic usage this module adds an amazingly versatile palette of 16 different sound generators for the creation of wild and unexpected timbres using grain oscillators, particle generators, drum models, speech generators and many other synthesis models. The BrainZ synth models are tweaked by multi-functional Timbre, Harmonics, Frequency and Morph controls depending on the selected model. An integrated Low pass gate (LPG) adds west coast flavour to your sounds. BrainZ has an integrated oscillocope display to visualize and adjust waveforms exactly the way you want them to be. Having the outputs of BrainZ visualized with dancing waveforms is just fun!

BrainZ in-app-purchase for Tera Pro is available now for US$ 9.99 in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tera-pro/id1578464219

I bought Tera pro. When you click on the randomization button, it crashes. Ipad pro 2021. Ipad is 16.3.1. Not a very fun event.

• @solncekreeze said:

@VirSyn said:

The BrainZ module is an adaption of the famous Plaits Eurorack module from Mutable Instruments with full integration into Tera Pro's modular system. Extended to allow for fully polyphonic usage this module adds an amazingly versatile palette of 16 different sound generators for the creation of wild and unexpected timbres using grain oscillators, particle generators, drum models, speech generators and many other synthesis models. The BrainZ synth models are tweaked by multi-functional Timbre, Harmonics, Frequency and Morph controls depending on the selected model. An integrated Low pass gate (LPG) adds west coast flavour to your sounds. BrainZ has an integrated oscillocope display to visualize and adjust waveforms exactly the way you want them to be. Having the outputs of BrainZ visualized with dancing waveforms is just fun!

BrainZ in-app-purchase for Tera Pro is available now for US$ 9.99 in the App Store:

I bought Tera pro. When you click on the randomization button, it crashes. Ipad pro 2021. Ipad is 16.3.1. Not a very fun event.

Must admit I didn't try the randomizer with the new update, if something got broke Harry @VirSyn will fix it - probably best to contact him directly rather than hoping he reads messages here

• Zaps module next maybe? 🤔

• edited February 2023

@Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@VirSyn said:

Must admit I didn't try the randomizer with the new update, if something got broke Harry @VirSyn will fix it - probably best to contact him directly rather than hoping he reads messages here

Thanks. I wrote to him. I think it can be fixed. And there is no mpe keyboard in the Auv3 version? Am I right, I understand? And there is no midi audio unit extension either. And it would be convenient. You will have to use the Animoog keyboard with Tera pro.

• @VirSyn Love the new BrainZ module and the crazy creative options it opens up!

Just another plea for an UNDO function in Tera Pro, especially as the complexity increases, that the freedom to create and experiment is protected by knowing we can backtrack, even a few steps, and not lose any exciting works in progress, happy accidents etc.

Is this something you might consider?

• @Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:
    Can we use more than one instance of the Brainz oscillator?

Seems not. Why is that btw @VirSyn?

Hmm, yeah. It would be ideal to have at least two instances of Brainz. Then TP would be essentially be an iOS Minifreak replacement as well. Can we please get this functionality @VirSyn?

• Thanks. I wrote to him. I think it can be fixed. And there is no mpe keyboard in the Auv3 version? Am I right, I understand? And there is no midi audio unit extension either. And it would be convenient. You will have to use the Animoog keyboard with Tera pro.

KB-1 from Kai aras would be my choice for the keyboard!

• @DarkAum3o said:

Thanks. I wrote to him. I think it can be fixed. And there is no mpe keyboard in the Auv3 version? Am I right, I understand? And there is no midi audio unit extension either. And it would be convenient. You will have to use the Animoog keyboard with Tera pro.

KB-1 from Kai aras would be my choice for the keyboard!

Well, this is everyone's choice🙌The more good mpe controllers the better.