Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BrainZ IAP for Tera Pro released

Comments

• @gkillmaster said:
    so, let me get this straight, the special price is for Tera Pro only, not Tera Pro + the BrainZ IAP? And you can't get BrainZ module with regular old Tera Synth?

Tera BrainZ is an iap purchase, as is the wavetable iap. If you want to use BrainZ, first buy Tera Pro, then buy the BrainZ IAP

• @Gavinski said:

@gkillmaster said:
    so, let me get this straight, the special price is for Tera Pro only, not Tera Pro + the BrainZ IAP? And you can't get BrainZ module with regular old Tera Synth?

Tera BrainZ is an iap purchase, as is the wavetable iap. If you want to use BrainZ, first buy Tera Pro, then buy the BrainZ IAP

many thanks for the clarification!

• Something interesting I’m finding… when I apply external effects (I tried using Toneboosters’ Compressor and FAC Transient) to Tera Pro while using it as an AUv3 in GarageBand (iOS) it causes Tera Pro to fail to load the patch properly. Just got a lot of distorted feedback. Weird issue. When the AUv3 effects were removed, it went back to normal. Now I’ll have to test this out on macOS to see if the same thing happens.

• @NeuM said:
    Something interesting I’m finding… when I apply external effects (I tried using Toneboosters’ Compressor and FAC Transient) to Tera Pro while using it as an AUv3 in GarageBand (iOS) it causes Tera Pro to fail to load the patch properly. Just got a lot of distorted feedback. Weird issue. When the AUv3 effects were removed, it went back to normal. Now I’ll have to test this out on macOS to see if the same thing happens.

This could be a sample-rate related thing since GarageBand still insists on working at 44.1k even on 48k only capable devices...
    ...Apple really needs to step up their game and update GarageBand like yesterday...

• edited February 2023

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:
    Something interesting I’m finding… when I apply external effects (I tried using Toneboosters’ Compressor and FAC Transient) to Tera Pro while using it as an AUv3 in GarageBand (iOS) it causes Tera Pro to fail to load the patch properly. Just got a lot of distorted feedback. Weird issue. When the AUv3 effects were removed, it went back to normal. Now I’ll have to test this out on macOS to see if the same thing happens.

This could be a sample-rate related thing since GarageBand still insists on working at 44.1k even on 48k only capable devices...
    ...Apple really needs to step up their game and update GarageBand like yesterday...

I regularly apply external effects to other AUv3 synths and stuff without having the same issue. Just ran multiple tests using the same effects plugins without issue on AddStation and BLEASS Alpha.

• @NeuM said:

I regularly apply external effects to other AUv3 synths and stuff without having the same issue.

Tera Pro is quite heavy on the CPU even on faster devices and since GarageBand has to constantly re-sample everything back to 44.1k it adds additional overhead which can vary quite drastically.

There's no way to set the 'buffer size' in GarageBand which could reduce the 'quirks' when using CPU heavy plug-ins.

With that said GarageBand is the only DAW I've bumped into on iOS that miss-behaves with more recent AUv3s and most of those miss-behaviors is due to sample-rate mismatches.

GarageBand is GarageBand expect more issues down the road until Apple modernizes it...

I know using other DAWs is not an option for some users...

It's up to @VirSyn to prioritize if it's worth the effort to fix GarageBand related issues when it works close to perfection in all other DAWs.

Cheers!

• edited February 2023

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:

I regularly apply external effects to other AUv3 synths and stuff without having the same issue.

Tera Pro is quite heavy on the CPU even on faster devices and since GarageBand has to constantly re-sample everything back to 44.1k it adds additional overhead which can vary quite drastically.

There's no way to set the 'buffer size' in GarageBand which could reduce the 'quirks' when using CPU heavy plug-ins.

With that said GarageBand is the only DAW I've bumped into on iOS that miss-behaves with more recent AUv3s and most of those miss-behaviors is due to sample-rate mismatches.

GarageBand is GarageBand expect more issues down the road until Apple modernizes it...

I know using other DAWs is not an option for some users...

It's up to @VirSyn to prioritize if it's worth the effort to fix GarageBand related issues when it works close to perfection in all other DAWs.

Cheers!

I'll just reiterate that none of the other apps I tested had problems, but I buy the idea that what Tera Pro is doing is computationally taxing. Maybe Harry himself will check on this and test mixing Tera Pro with external effects in GB (iOS).

• @VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:
    Can we use more than one instance of the Brainz oscillator?

Seems not. Why is that btw @VirSyn?

Remember that TP is semi-modular. That means it has a finite set of actual module instances, as listed in the source menus displayed when you tap on an input lozenge. For example, 3 oscs, 4 LFOs, etc. The variety is pretty broad, but not unlimited. And the connection options are extremely broad.

To allow multiple instances of Brainz, they would need to be added to the app. This was done for the Waves Osc, which was originally a single instance.

Nothing to add to this precise explanation.
    And in the meantime you can at least layer two BrainZ module based patches with A/B layering of Tera Pro!

I hope that second Brainz oscillator is also added. 🙏

• I bought both IAP now, even as I tried to resist and have enough Synth by far.
    I resisted Twin 3, but that may change with a bundle 😅

• @solncekreeze said:

@wim said:

@Gavinski said:
    The mpe compatibility of any mpe synth with a daw / host / pianoroll has nothing to do with the app itself, only with the host! The free midi tape recorder app is a nice solution to record mpe midi. Then just load it in whatever host you're using. Don't think it can record mpe midi loops without overwrite of parameters - correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think anything we have can do that. For mpe overdubbed looping I think currently the only choice is audio loopers, like Gauss etc

Xequence 2 can.

Good. But it doesn't accept AUv3? How to record?

Route the midi out from AUM to it. Route it back in to play back.

• Bought this earlier today, unfortunately the auv3 won’t load in either aum or Drambo (registers as error). Even after several reboots. Standalone works fine.

iPad Air 3, iOS 13.7

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Probably not many people still on iOS 13 around here.

• @auxmux said:

@VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

Remember that TP is semi-modular. That means it has a finite set of actual module instances, as listed in the source menus displayed when you tap on an input lozenge. For example, 3 oscs, 4 LFOs, etc. The variety is pretty broad, but not unlimited. And the connection options are extremely broad.

To allow multiple instances of Brainz, they would need to be added to the app. This was done for the Waves Osc, which was originally a single instance.

And in the meantime you can at least layer two BrainZ module based patches with A/B layering of Tera Pro!

Why not just use multiple instances of Tera Pro?

• @drewinnit said:
    Bought this earlier today, unfortunately the auv3 won’t load in either aum or Drambo (registers as error). Even after several reboots. Standalone works fine.

iPad Air 3, iOS 13.7

Seems to be fixed in latest update :)

• edited February 2023

@Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

Because it's not the same thing. :) Layering synth layers yields different sounds than mixing two oscillators. Most synths are dual oscillators for a reason, and two brains are better than one.

Imagine a prophet with a single oscillator, it's a different synth. Also, Tera Pro supports multiple standard oscillators and dual wavetable oscillators, so why not multiple Brainz oscillators.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

He'd probably prefer to be able to save a preset in a single instance of the app

• @Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

He'd probably prefer to be able to save a preset in a single instance of the app

Cross modulation too…

• @plenogard said:
    I only have tried it a bit so excuse my ignorance: can you apply more than one modulation source to any parameter? For instance is it possible to apply an LFO and and envelope to filter cut off?

I can't see how to do that, hopefully I'm wrong and someone will mention that there is actually a way

• edited February 2023

@plenogard said:
    I only have tried it a bit so excuse my ignorance: can you apply more than one modulation source to any parameter? For instance is it possible to apply an LFO and and envelope to filter cut off?

You can apply an LFO to the ADSR selected to modulate filter cutoff, or modulate any parameter of an envelope selected to modulate filter cutoff with an LFO or other modulation source(s), (You can open modulation sources in a mixer but this is a bit misleading because from what I see, a mixer's output only works as an audio input, not modulation source; I guess you can use the mixer for mixing LFOs running at audio rate, i.e. using them as oscillators).

Put another way, you can have multiple modulation sources for a single destination, but they have to be set up in series, not parallel.

• edited February 2023

@drewinnit said:
    Bought this earlier today, unfortunately the auv3 won’t load in either aum or Drambo (registers as error). Even after several reboots. Standalone works fine.

iPad Air 3, iOS 13.7

Yes, I contacted @VirSyn and he was very quick to respond, look into it and submit a fix. Now we're waiting for Apple.

I'm on 5th gen iPad and could update from 13.3 to 16 but I'm wary it could compromise performance.

@VirSyn said:
    New version 1.7.1 of Tera Pro is now accepted by the App Review Team!

• Crash on random preset generation (Dice) fixed.
    • AUv3: Crash on iOS 12.x/13.x fixed
    • AUv3: Proper dynamic size of BrainZ buttons

and a fix for the crash in Teraverse is also released this minute.

• thanks @ElectroHead this new update fixes it, glad you already reported the bug!

• @ElectroHead said:

@plenogard said:

You can apply an LFO to the ADSR selected to modulate filter cutoff, or modulate any parameter of an envelope selected to modulate filter cutoff with an LFO or other modulation source(s), (You can open modulation sources in a mixer but this is a bit misleading because from what I see, a mixer's output only works as an audio input, not modulation source; I guess you can use the mixer for mixing LFOs running at audio rate, i.e. using them as oscillators).

Put another way, you can have multiple modulation sources for a single destination, but they have to be set up in series, not parallel.

That’s no good… every modular or semi modular synth, or even plain synth have a kind of modulation matrix. maybe @VirSyn can add some “cv mixers” with attenunverters that accept modulation inputs so they can be mixed/inverted and those cv mixers selected in the modules modulation slots. That will open a lot the sound design possibilities of Tera pro

• @auxmux said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

Because it's not the same thing. :) Layering synth layers yields different sounds than mixing two oscillators. Most synths are dual oscillators for a reason, and two brains are better than one.

Imagine a prophet with a single oscillator, it's a different synth. Also, Tera Pro supports multiple standard oscillators and dual wavetable oscillators, so why not multiple Brainz oscillators.

You’re right, of course it’s not the same thing. That’s like synthesis 101 😜

@Krupa said:

@Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@VirSyn said:

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

Cross modulation too…

Of course! PWM, FM, Detuning, Oscillator Sync, etc.

I’m sure he’ll fix it soon.

In the meantime it’s fun to use multiple instances of this module’s clone in MiRack (along with TP’s instance), all inside the big D mothership.. because you know, I like some modular, and some semi-modular, inside my modular.

• edited February 2023

@Synthi said:

That’s no good… every modular or semi modular synth, or even plain synth have a kind of modulation matrix. maybe @VirSyn can add some “cv mixers” with attenunverters that accept modulation inputs so they can be mixed/inverted and those cv mixers selected in the modules modulation slots. That will open a lot the sound design possibilities of Tera pro

There are attenuverters on all modulation inputs by default. E.g. LFO into> LFO > Filter cutoff, there are attenuverters at every stage.

• @Synthi said:

every modular or semi modular synth, or even plain synth have a kind of modulation matrix.

Not really so. With modular you have to set up your own matrix using modules at your disposal. There are some advantages to having a modulation chain as opposed to mixing mod sources in parallel. E,g if you want an envelope to control speed / depth / length of an LFO.

• Kudos @virsyn for the quick fix for older OS versions. Thanks Harry!

• @plenogard said:

the filter cutoff can have up to three modulation inputs parallel, see below the first three sliders and mod input terminals.
    Less important parameters like drive, resonance and grit have only one.

• edited March 2023

@ElectroHead said:

@Synthi said:

There are attenuverters on all modulation inputs by default. E.g. LFO into> LFO > Filter cutoff, there are attenuverters at every stage.

I know, I’m saying that the ideal CV mixer in Tera pro would be better having attenunverters.

@ElectroHead said:

@Synthi said:

every modular or semi modular synth, or even plain synth have a kind of modulation matrix.

Not really so. With modular you have to set up your own matrix using modules at your disposal. There are some advantages to having a modulation chain as opposed to mixing mod sources in parallel. E,g if you want an envelope to control speed / depth / length of an LFO.

Well, plenty of CV mixers in modular. It must be the most used modules in all my modular synths. In iOS land, apart from all the Modular’s and semi Modulars, even Zeeon have a modulation matrix with 8 slots, Mela3 have 16 modulation slots, Continua can have up to 5 modulation sources for each parameter,….
    I think Tera Pro must have a kind of CV mixers or modulation matrix for doing trivial things that can’t be done actually . Also, IMO as a sound designer this will expand the sound palette exponentially.

• Hi,

Quick question. It seems like most of the modulation options for Tera Pro are not changeable in Ableton as an auv3. On the IPad, a person can tap on a parameter button, choose a modulation source…and long hold on some choices (LFOs for example) and modulate the modulators… this is not possible when used on our M1 Mac. Any understanding of this issue Ora workaround would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Steven & Karly - Altruit

https://linktr.ee/Altruit?fbclid=PAAaYD_3__zh2ycN_HZKgNRF_ggwyJAlkIQCcbC2dm9aUUxRzri5IYHa8rpiM

• Hi Steven,

just tried this with Ableton live and standalone and could't reproduce this problem. A single click opened the modulation selector and a click&hold opened the LFO/ADSR windows.
    Have you already tried a reinstall?
    Anybody else here with the same problem?

Harry