Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BrainZ IAP for Tera Pro released

Comments

• @DarkAum3o said:

Thanks. I wrote to him. I think it can be fixed. And there is no mpe keyboard in the Auv3 version? Am I right, I understand? And there is no midi audio unit extension either. And it would be convenient. You will have to use the Animoog keyboard with Tera pro.

KB-1 from Kai aras would be my choice for the keyboard!

Also, just in case someone didn’t know, in addition to KB-1 and Animoog’s keyboard, Yonac’s Trooper has an excellent MPE keyboard that can be loaded as a MIDI processor/controller.

• @solncekreeze said:

@DarkAum3o said:

Thanks. I wrote to him. I think it can be fixed. And there is no mpe keyboard in the Auv3 version? Am I right, I understand? And there is no midi audio unit extension either. And it would be convenient. You will have to use the Animoog keyboard with Tera pro.

Well, this is everyone's choice🙌The more good mpe controllers the better.

I need to give this a go with my seaboard! Mpe Plaits woohoo

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Also, just in case someone didn’t know, in addition to KB-1 and Animoog’s keyboard, Yonac’s Trooper has an excellent MPE keyboard that can be loaded as a MIDI processor/controller.

Wow, that works really well! I wasn’t aware of that, thank you!

• @Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@DarkAum3o said:

I need to give this a go with my seaboard! Mpe Plaits woohoo]

And for a Tenner, what a world

• @Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Funny though, now that I’ve mentioned it, I can’t get it to work here. I swear it used to show up as a “MIDI processor”…

@Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Funny though, now that I’ve mentioned it, I can’t get it to work here. I swear it used to show up as a “MIDI processor”…

Thanks for the advice. I don't have a Trooper yet, but I think I'll try it someday. I wonder if he writes mpe to daw? Because only Woodsynth does this from my set so far with a certain setting.

@Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

That is strange! I tried it in Loopy Pro and selected it as midi processor, as you described. Maybe a restart?

• @Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Also didn't know that, thnx!

• @ghost_forests said:

@Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@DarkAum3o said:

I need to give this a go with my seaboard! Mpe Plaits woohoo]

And for a Tenner, what a world

Ridiculously good way to spend your money 😂

• @Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

That is strange! I tried it in Loopy Pro and selected it as midi processor, as you described. Maybe a restart?

Yep, I figured it out. Just had to adjust Tera’s “MIDI Input” settings under the main settings cog, and set it to “MPE Master 1”

@Gavinski said:

@Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Also didn't know that, thnx!

Sure thing Gav!

• @solncekreeze said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Thanks for the advice. I don't have a Trooper yet, but I think I'll try it someday. I wonder if he writes mpe to daw? Because only Woodsynth does this from my set so far with a certain setting.

The mpe compatibility of any mpe synth with a daw / host / pianoroll has nothing to do with the app itself, only with the host! The free midi tape recorder app is a nice solution to record mpe midi. Then just load it in whatever host you're using. Don't think it can record mpe midi loops without overwrite of parameters - correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think anything we have can do that. For mpe overdubbed looping I think currently the only choice is audio loopers, like Gauss etc

• @Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:
    Can we use more than one instance of the Brainz oscillator?

Seems not. Why is that btw @VirSyn?

Remember that TP is semi-modular. That means it has a finite set of actual module instances, as listed in the source menus displayed when you tap on an input lozenge. For example, 3 oscs, 4 LFOs, etc. The variety is pretty broad, but not unlimited. And the connection options are extremely broad.

To allow multiple instances of Brainz, they would need to be added to the app. This was done for the Waves Osc, which was originally a single instance.

• Thanks as always for your highly knowledgeable input Dave. Sounds doable then.

@uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

Remember that TP is semi-modular. That means it has a finite set of actual module instances, as listed in the source menus displayed when you tap on an input lozenge. For example, 3 oscs, 4 LFOs, etc. The variety is pretty broad, but not unlimited. And the connection options are extremely broad.

To allow multiple instances of Brainz, they would need to be added to the app. This was done for the Waves Osc, which was originally a single instance.

• @uncledave said:

@Gavinski said:

@auxmux said:

Nothing to add to this precise explanation.
    And in the meantime you can at least layer two BrainZ module based patches with A/B layering of Tera Pro!

• New version 1.7.1 of Tera Pro is now accepted by the App Review Team!

• Crash on random preset generation (Dice) fixed.
    • AUv3: Crash on iOS 12.x/13.x fixed
    • AUv3: Proper dynamic size of BrainZ buttons

and a fix for the crash in Teraverse is also released this minute.

• Is it expected behavior to see the Brainz module to the right of the mixer module?

• edited February 2023

@VirSyn said:
    New version 1.7.1 of Tera Pro is now accepted by the App Review Team!

• Crash on random preset generation (Dice) fixed.
    • AUv3: Crash on iOS 12.x/13.x fixed
    • AUv3: Proper dynamic size of BrainZ buttons

and a fix for the crash in Teraverse is also released this minute.

And you saw that Tera Pro no longer works as AU in GarageBand on macOS (M1)? Thanks for these updates.

UPDATE: Never mind. This update fixed it! Thanks, Harry!

• @Grandbear said:
    Is it expected behavior to see the Brainz module to the right of the mixer module?

Wait, there's a dark mode?

• @Gavinski said:

@solncekreeze said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Jer4 said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

The mpe compatibility of any mpe synth with a daw / host / pianoroll has nothing to do with the app itself, only with the host! The free midi tape recorder app is a nice solution to record mpe midi. Then just load it in whatever host you're using. Don't think it can record mpe midi loops without overwrite of parameters - correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think anything we have can do that. For mpe overdubbed looping I think currently the only choice is audio loopers, like Gauss etc

You are absolutely right. That's why I plunged into LoopyPro to record mpe, which by the way develops live game skills. And as for Tera Pro-I would just like to record from its native keyboard (but not in a Standalon, but as AUv3).

• @NeuM said:

@Grandbear said:
    Is it expected behavior to see the Brainz module to the right of the mixer module?

Yeah, it seems to follow the system setting in standalone, and the host setting in AUv3

• @VirSyn slightly off-topic: the SSL certificate for virsyn.net appears to be expired, which is triggering warnings

• @Grandbear said:

@NeuM said:

@Grandbear said:

Yeah, it seems to follow the system setting in standalone, and the host setting in AUv3

Thanks, looks great.

• edited February 2023

Here's another question in AUM connected TP as IAA. And this picture is displayed here. And it is not pressed. In Patterning 2, it's similar, but there it quietly goes to AUM and back. A bug?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • One last thing from me, @VirSyn... the Submit button in the app doesn't allow one to send a rating to the App Store.

• @Gavinski said:

Xequence 2 can.

• @wim said:

@Gavinski said:

Xequence 2 can.

Wow.. Time for me to look at Xequence 2 again. Overdub midi mpe loops are a holy grail

• @wim said:

@Gavinski said:

Xequence 2 can.

Good. But it doesn't accept AUv3? How to record?

• so, let me get this straight, the special price is for Tera Pro only, not Tera Pro + the BrainZ IAP? And you can't get BrainZ module with regular old Tera Synth?

• @gkillmaster said:
    so, let me get this straight, the special price is for Tera Pro only, not Tera Pro + the BrainZ IAP? And you can't get BrainZ module with regular old Tera Synth?

I just bought a Tera Pro today. IAP needs to be purchased.