Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BrainZ IAP for Tera Pro released

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    Uploading a vid that runs through all the presets as we speak. This synth going beast mode!

Looking forward to it. I’m still not quite sure what this is yet. I’m assuming it’s something those into modular are already familiar with?

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:
    Uploading a vid that runs through all the presets as we speak. This synth going beast mode!

Looking forward to it. I’m still not quite sure what this is yet. I’m assuming it’s something those into modular are already familiar with?

Yes, it’s based on the Mutable Instruments “Plaits” module. Behringer also have a clone called “Brains”.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

The Plaits module by Immutable Instruments is pretty legendary by now, but is monophonic. This emulates it but is polyphonic, plus given the semi modular nature of Tera Pro, can be combined with other Tera Pro oscillators etc. Mad possibilities!

• @Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

The Plaits module by Immutable Instruments is pretty legendary by now, but is monophonic. This emulates it but is polyphonic, plus given the semi modular nature of Tera Pro, can be combined with other Tera Pro oscillators etc. Mad possibilities!

I'm looking at the Mutable Instruments module for clues, but it's still vague. Is it some kind of automation or effect?

• @NeuM said:

I'm looking at the Mutable Instruments module for clues, but it's still vague. Is it some kind of automation or effect?

Oscillator...

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

See the description. It’s all about the oscillators and the unique sound palette. If you look at the interface, you basically have 16 different oscillators / sound generators.

The BrainZ module is an adaption of the famous Plaits Eurorack module from Mutable Instruments with full integration into Tera Pro's modular system. Extended to allow for fully polyphonic usage this module adds an amazingly versatile palette of 16 different sound generators for the creation of wild and unexpected timbres using grain oscillators, particle generators, drum models, speech generators and many other synthesis models. The BrainZ synth models are tweaked by multi-functional Timbre, Harmonics, Frequency and Morph controls depending on the selected model. An integrated Low pass gate (LPG) adds west coast flavour to your sounds. BrainZ has an integrated oscillocope display to visualize and adjust waveforms exactly the way you want them to be. Having the outputs of BrainZ visualized with dancing waveforms is just fun!

• @drewinnit said:
    This makes me very excited. Don't own TP but will remedy that immediately and grab the IAP

Émilie from MI was actually responsible for getting me into making music on a portable device originally - she designed Bhajis Loops, a very ahead-of-its-time mini-DAW for Palm OS. If I could go back 20 years and show myself what I'd be using in the future, I think my young mind would be blown

Ditto. I have fond memories of making music in the woods in a Palm TX I bought just for Bhajis.

• edited February 2023

@Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

Cool, still miss a clean default 'Init' preset with everything zeroed...
    ...sure I can make my own but there's no way to check if any of the modules already have some parameters set :sunglasses:

Here it is:

http://www.virsyn.net/media/BrainZ/BrainZ-Init-mono.tera

Please note that this one doesn't even stop with sound just like the hardware unless you patch a trigger...

• And yeah looking at the plaits doc posted above is worth your time. The app though also contains basic descriptions for each of the 16 models when you view the BrainZ module in expanded mode (just tap on “BrainZ” lettering in the app to expand the module)

• @VirSyn said:

Please note that this one doesn't even stop with sound just like the hardware unless you patch a trigger...

Thanks...

It's good to have one for BrainZ, but I was mostly referring to the other modules, effects, envelopes, LFOs, arpeggiators etc. in TeraPro that are hidden unless used with a patch and when brought up it's a 'surprise' what they included since they are not 'empty' by default especially if the custom 'Init' patch was made from an existing preset without going thru every single module.

• Love it! Love it! I want TP for desktop!

• @Samu said:

@NeuM said:

Oscillator...

OK, thanks. Guess I'll wait until I see it in action to decide.

• Is it possible to use more than one Brainz oscillator at a time?

• @NeuM said:

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:

Oscillator...

OK, thanks. Guess I'll wait until I see it in action to decide.

Dough will do a live-stream on it later today...

• a) can I use more than 1 BrainZ module!?
    b) hows on cpu !? (iPad Air 3 here ... )

thnx

• @waka_x said:
    a) can I use more than 1 BrainZ module!?
    b) hows on cpu !? (iPad Air 3 here ... )

thnx

It has only been achieved one other time in history...

• @waka_x said:
    NeuMNeuM
    :)

;)

• @VirSyn It just struck me...

Why is there no 'modulation depth' slider available for 'Harmonics' in the BrainZ oscillator? (One is present for both Timbre and Morph).

• Insta buy, I missed these synth options from my microfreak.

• edited February 2023

Tried 5 instances with three send fx buses in AUM (48- 512 - 32) all driven by ZOA, and it was vary smooth(45-55%) till I added SpaceFields and Fluss to the FX buses🤪😂 . Anyway, real nice sound. A date with three twins are expected.

• @Tarekith said:

@drewinnit said:
    This makes me very excited. Don't own TP but will remedy that immediately and grab the IAP

Émilie from MI was actually responsible for getting me into making music on a portable device originally - she designed Bhajis Loops, a very ahead-of-its-time mini-DAW for Palm OS. If I could go back 20 years and show myself what I'd be using in the future, I think my young mind would be blown

Ditto. I have fond memories of making music in the woods in a Palm TX I bought just for Bhajis.

Omg! Bhajis Loops! That takes me back 😺 Gr8 app 🎹🎛🎸

• Just finished my live stream where I track Tera Pro’s new BrainZ Oscillator in Loopy Pro
    https://www.youtube.com/live/IwkgxjtbWLs?feature=share

• Oh man this is awesome. Can’t wait to try it out.

• edited February 2023

@VirSyn, I was able to use Tera Pro as an AU in macOS (M1 iMac) GarageBand prior to updating the app and purchasing the BrainZ IAP add-on. It is no longer possible to use as an AU on desktop. I don't know if the update or the BrainZ add on broke the AU compatibility (but logically, it was probably the app update).

Please look into this. Thanks.

• edited February 2023

@VirSyn ... And for the AUv3 version on iPad Pro (iPadOS) using GarageBand, it looks like there's an issue with the BrainZ icons not scaling correctly. In this particular view, you could probably just make those icons colored dots since they perform no actual function in this view.

The iOS version of Tera Pro is still playable, this is just a UI issue.

• this looks so sick!

haven’t purchased tera pro….

does anyone know if these presets come with my purchase or will i still need to purchase them in-app?

thanks!

• edited February 2023

@drewhino said:
    this looks so sick!

haven’t purchased tera pro….

does anyone know if these presets come with my purchase or will i still need to purchase them in-app?

thanks!

Both IAPs (Waves module, BrainZ module) include a bank of presets which make use of that module.

• edited February 2023

Can we use more than one instance of the Brainz oscillator?