Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The apps by Unfiltered Audio has been released

Comments

• Just bought Silo and Tail and pretty much impressed ! I like very much the sonic results 😊
    Regarding latency, I use a perfectly acceptable workaround : 100% wet signal going out of the FX plus in parallel dry signal bypassing the FX. Both mixed according to my liking. That’s all !

• Yea, and to remember that these cost over 100$ on computer! So Best deal ever and very crazy fx apps. I think we all love them. Cheers.

• I’m finding in AUM that sometimes I get very noticeable latency when I reload a set containing Silo etc but if I exit AUM, reload the set, remove and re-add Silo, the latency is much reduced. I haven’t confirmed that workflow but something similar has happened multiple times.

• @craftycurate said:
    I’m finding in AUM that sometimes I get very noticeable latency when I reload a set containing Silo etc but if I exit AUM, reload the set, remove and re-add Silo, the latency is much reduced. I haven’t confirmed that workflow but something similar has happened multiple times.

This is discussed in detail up-thread

• edited November 2022

I might be interested in Tails, seems a great deal now its on intro price. But I am not interested in anything shimmer, washed-out soundscape reverbs. Can Tails do great plates for example? Smaller sized stuff. Or maybe Eos2?

• @Slush said:
    I might be interested in Tails, seems a great deal now its on intro price. But I am not interested in anything shimmer, washed-out soundscape reverbs. Can Tails do great plates for example? Smaller sized stuff. Or maybe Eos2?

If you want plates then ADVerb is worth a look, wonderful UI enables dialing in the sound. Became my “go to” for tracking because of this.

• edited November 2022

@MadGav said:

@Slush said:

If you want plates then ADVerb is worth a look, wonderful UI enables dialing in the sound. Became my “go to” for tracking because of this.

AdVerb. Looks great and is on sale. I read on another forum it’s inspired on the LEXICON 200. I forgot I have Lunar Lander as well, which has plate, any idea how it holds up to LL? Thanks btw!

• edited November 2022

Did you notice that Tail takes also MIDI input events to detect when it should clear the buffer ? This allows to clean the reverb tail and avoid tonal cacophony.
    Tell me if I am wrong but I don’t remember having seen this on iOS so far 🤔

Edit : sorry, I was misled by the “reverb swap” option which gave me the impression that new incoming MIDI notes were cutting the ongoing reverb tail…

• Just a quick mid-Monday update:
    -Hardware rendering patch is finished. We found a few more rogue redrawing calls that we will optimize out over the course of beta testing.
    -Tails latency toggle is almost finished. For some reason all the DAWs now think it has 0 latency despite it being variable :confused:
    Once I have the latency reporting stabilized I'll submit these to Apple for beta testing approval.

• edited November 2022

@Slush said:

@MadGav said:

@Slush said:

AdVerb. Looks great and is on sale. I read on another forum it’s inspired on the LEXICON 200. I forgot I have Lunar Lander as well, which has plate, any idea how it holds up to LL? Thanks btw!

Lunar Lander is the best plate around if you got it while it was available. That thing is special, blows away anything else on iOS.

Adverb is obviously more tweakable, but I don’t care for it much. As time has gone on and I’ve experienced many more plugins on iOS and desktop, I find most of the Audio Damage stuff pretty second-rate.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Slush said:

@MadGav said:

@Slush said:

Lunar Lander is the best plate around if you got it while it was available. That thing is special, blows away anything else on iOS.

Adverb is obviously more tweakable, but I don’t care for it much. As time has gone on and I’ve experienced many more plugins on iOS and desktop, I find most of the Audio Damage stuff pretty second-rate.

I still have Lunar Lander on my ipad...love the sound but it crashes so often that I've given up using it. I like Adverb for dialing in a quick bread and butter plate with simple controls (no analysis paralysis). Where do you get your plate sounds these days? Drambo? I've been using Altispace but the cpu is a bit high for getting some basic plate sounds on my old ipad.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Slush said:

@MadGav said:

@Slush said:

Well, I have the demo of LL which still has two free excellent plate settings, and having so much apps I forgot I have it :)

• Where’s this bundle then?

• Update on the battery drain: there are many inefficient ways we're redrawing widgets on each of the plugins. We should be able to significantly improve it, so that's good news =]

• @monz0id said:
    Where’s this bundle then?

No clue! Apple marked it as "In Review" on Wednesday.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Slush said:

@MadGav said:

@Slush said:

Lunar Lander WAS great but it has fallen into disrepair.

• Hello @trickyflemming ,

Just to let you know this slider is moving at half the speed of the finger :

Really nothing critical but it would improve UX to have this tracking closer the finger.
    Thanks.

Other than that, I really love your plugins ! We are so lucky to have you here now on iOS 🤗

• @amusesmile @trickyflemming thanks for your efforts to make the apps more efficient on iOS, I’m loving them so far and look forward to the optimisations

• Question for the group: would you expect the meters on Silo and lo-fi-af to turn off when the visualizer is disabled (in order to save more graphical resources/battery) or should meters always run? Just wanted to take an informal poll on this. Thanks.

• @amusesmile said:
    Question for the group: would you expect the meters on Silo and lo-fi-af to turn off when the visualizer is disabled (in order to save more graphical resources/battery) or should meters always run? Just wanted to take an informal poll on this. Thanks.

I’m in favor of meters staying on…but if it turns out that there are significant resource savings otherwise I would definitely understand

• I like having the meters on. Some kind of indication of things happening is a good thing. If it saves a lot of energy turning them off though then I guess to turn them off would be fair enough.

• @amusesmile said:
    Question for the group: would you expect the meters on Silo and lo-fi-af to turn off when the visualizer is disabled (in order to save more graphical resources/battery) or should meters always run? Just wanted to take an informal poll on this. Thanks.

Keep them on I think, unless, as stated above, it turns out they are heavy battery drainers.

• New Tails public beta is up (you can find the link in https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52690/unfiltered-audio-tails-public-beta/p1).

This adds two major items:
    1) Interface rendering is now done on the hardware in AUv3 mode. (There were side effects in Standalone mode, so that's still on the software renderer. For now, the priority is to get a fix out for the most significant use cases.)
    This greatly reduces the CPU bottleneck, makes the interface feel smoother, and should reduce battery consumption.

2) There are three latency modes: Full Latency, Low Latency, and No Latency.
    Oddly, I found why everyone's latency experience has varied wildly: there seems to be inconsistent reporting. Sometimes it's showing up a 0 ms, sometimes 100 ms. Even in hosts with PDC, this means that things won't align properly. This is my main priority this week and I'm in communication with a few iOS DAW developers to see what's up. I have a suspicion that it might be something in JUCE, so that's my next port of call.
    The latency affects the lookahead times of the dynamics sections on Tails, so it will change the sound a bit depending on how actively you are using the dynamics.
    Uh, also, don't automate the Latency control. Many DAWs react poorly to automating any control that modifies latency. I've marked it as a "hidden" parameter, but not every DAW respects that flag.

We are also working on an additional set of fixes for the other plugins. Aside from adding hardware rendering, the visualizers weren't frame rate capped properly, leading to way more rendering than what was needed.

• @trickyflemming said:
    New Tails public beta is up (you can find the link in https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52690/unfiltered-audio-tails-public-beta/p1).

1) Interface rendering is now done on the hardware in AUv3 mode. (There were side effects in Standalone mode, so that's still on the software renderer. For now, the priority is to get a fix out for the most significant use cases.)
    This greatly reduces the CPU bottleneck, makes the interface feel smoother, and should reduce battery consumption.

Oddly, I found why everyone's latency experience has varied wildly: there seems to be inconsistent reporting. Sometimes it's showing up a 0 ms, sometimes 100 ms. Even in hosts with PDC, this means that things won't align properly. This is my main priority this week and I'm in communication with a few iOS DAW developers to see what's up. I have a suspicion that it might be something in JUCE, so that's my next port of call.
    The latency affects the lookahead times of the dynamics sections on Tails, so it will change the sound a bit depending on how actively you are using the dynamics.
    Uh, also, don't automate the Latency control. Many DAWs react poorly to automating any control that modifies latency. I've marked it as a "hidden" parameter, but not every DAW respects that flag.

We are also working on an additional set of fixes for the other plugins. Aside from adding hardware rendering, the visualizers weren't frame rate capped properly, leading to way more rendering than what was needed.

You guys are killing it with the responsiveness - model devs, thank you!

• edited November 2022

No latency indeed makes a huge difference for live use in AUM

• @trickyflemming said:
    New Tails public beta is up (you can find the link in https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52690/unfiltered-audio-tails-public-beta/p1).

Thanks for your hard work! Look forward to testing the new betas.

• @trickyflemming said:

working well with one glitch in GB iPadOS: that I’m finding quite repeatable

insert GB classical grand piano midi instrument
    play 4 basic chords over 4 bars at the down beat
    insert tails auv3
    rewind and play
    result: (sounds as expected )

save GB project
    bounce GB project to wave file
    listen to recorded file
    result: very first chord has an unexpected glitch (sounds like it’s playing another random chord for a split second)

• Nice catch. Sounds like something is off when transitioning to/from non-realtime. Which latency mode are you using in this situation.

• @trickyflemming said:
    Nice catch. Sounds like something is off when transitioning to/from non-realtime. Which latency mode are you using in this situation.

I was testing no latency

• trickyflemming:
    fab fast work:) thank you.
    about the latest changes -
    will these reflect on next desktop builds too!?
    ( cpu decrease and all ...)

thnx