Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yonac Trooper—new synth

123457»

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Trooper?

LMAO. One of the funniest Mel Brooks movies ever made.

• @Samu said:
    PWM/SYNC/RINGMOD/FM/XMOD?

Those are few of the rather basic synthesis functions I look after when a new synth pops up on the radar...

Pulse Width Modulation
    Hard Sync
    Ring Modulation
    Frequency Modulation
    Cross Modulation

I know that you are quite much into Drambo, @Samu
    Are there other Synths that fulfill the above list?

The nearest I found was Magellan 2, but even this does not seem to offer cross modulation.

• @tja said:

I know that you are quite much into Drambo, @Samu
    Are there other Synths that fulfill the above list?

Indeed there are, Poison-202 is one of my all time favorites.
    OB-Xd (quickly rising to be another of my everyday go-tos) has all but ring-modulation.
    Bless Alpha is also very capable and covers all of the above. (In Bleass Alpha RingMod is the knob above the H.Sync).
    TeraPro is a bonkers synth and does almost 'everything' as well.

Then you also have the non AUv3s in the form of Korg's iOdyssey and iMonopoly which take some time to master.

For 2 oscillator synths x-mod/fm is almost the same when it comes to the actual sound output.

So yeah, we do have some synths that cover a lot of sonic ground to start with.

Then we have the questions as to how flexible the Envelopes and LFOs are which play an essential part of sculpting the sound over time, step-sequencers and other modulation sources are always nice bonuses especially when there's no fixed and artificial limit to as how many can be used.

Mela 4 is also rising up to be a candidate but still lacks a few smaller features but I really do enjoy using it which is an important aspect of any synth.

Poison-202 is one number #1 pick for a flexible virtual analog synth for the iPad/iPhone and once you master that one you've come a long way :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• Great many thanks, @Samu

Poison allows lots of things on it's one page (and I could reproduce this Primer patch in it, at least similar).
    But so does Primer... I have both on the first page.

Based on your recommendation, I will check out OB-Xd again - I did not like the missing feedback for knobs. You just don't know what you did dial in, which I really don't like (same with iSem)

Others will most probably only be used for presets, like before.

I have iMono/Poly and ODYSSEYi, also iMS-20. Like them all.

Tera Pro and ButterSynth are not yet on my list to check, as I am currently testing my subtractive Synths.

And Bleass Alpha... I do not yet own it. Seems I need to have a look 😅
    Feels strange to buy Synths because I want to reduce the list of them and concentrate on only a few.

Thanks for details!

• @tja said:

Based on your recommendation, I will check out OB-Xd again - I did not like the missing feedback for knobs. You just don't know what you did dial in, which I really don't like (same with iSem)

I usually 'go by ear' when I tweak synths, this since 'numbers' don't usually translate that well between different synths :sunglasses:

OB-Xd has a 'step' button which makes the frequency knobs snap to semitones making it a bit easier to dial in the tuning when exact semi-tone intervals are needed.

OB-Xd has a 'dry' sound (ie. no effects what so ever) so to sweeten it up add some FAC chorus and Eventide Blackhole to it as one example.

Back in the old days the filter-envelope was used to control pitch, so there's no dedicated 'mod envelope' in OB-Xd and usually sync sounds were seldom filtered by envelopes to retain the hard nature of synced sounds. (Filter knob were usually 'played live' during performance).

I do like the sound of OB-Xd and that is why I put it in the list.