Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yonac Trooper—new synth

Comments

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yonac never quite nailed the character of analog synths the way others have done. Them and Virsyn make some odd sounding synths.

What are your favorite Synths?

• edited May 2023

Moog all Moog synth and particularly Model 15

Trooper is not Moog but love it too

• I think, this video was not yet mentioned:

It contains an interview with the developer.
    Trooper is described as a more easy to use version of Magellan 2.

I read that the Synth costed $7 initially ... I am not sure that I want to invest 18 Euro ...

Does Yonak offer sales?

• @tja said:
    I think, this video was not yet mentioned:

I read that the Synth costed $7 initially ... I am not sure that I want to invest 18 Euro ...

Does Yonak offer sales?

It’s worth the money, but yes they occasionally discount during promos and big holidays.

• @tja said:
    Does Yonak offer sales?

Oh yes, and big ones.
    I bought all of their apps 1€ each, except Steel guitar pro and Trooper (5€ if I remember correctly).

• @tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

I had the same problem with Yonak bought full price Trooper to heard that it is just a change in GUI of Magellan that I bought full price too before buying Magellan. Next step will be Frooker same than Trooper but new GUI ? After Trooper I will not buy anymore nothing from Yonac At least it should have give a discounted update for the people that bought Magellan 2 before to update to Trooper .

I don’t agree with this policy and what I discovered in this videos. Not happy at all @yonac.

So now I can put to the bin Magellan 2 waste monney . I Hope it will keep update Trooper at least and main it.

And if I understand Cauldron this is not so different.

• @BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

I had the same problem with Yonak bought full price Trooper to heard that it is just a change in GUI of Magellan that I bought full price too before buying Magellan. Next step will be Frooker same than Trooper but new GUI ? After Trooper I will not buy anymore nothing from Yonac At least it should have give a discounted update for the people that bought Magellan 2 before to update to Trooper .

I don’t agree with this policy and what I discovered in this videos. Not happy at all @yonac.

So now I can put to the bin Magellan 2 waste monney . I Hope it will keep update Trooper at least and main it.

You know, if you’re that distraught over the purchase just ask them for a refund. The complaints here are just too much. Enough already.

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

I don't really understand your point of view, @BerlinFx

I like the idea of a more easy to use version of Magellan 2 as I prefer to use patches, and rarely design sound myself.

If you don't like or need this, you could have skipped it - but of course, you need to research a bit and read or watch reviews!

• @NeuM said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

You know, if you’re that distraught over the purchase just ask them for a refund. The complaints here are just too much. Enough already.

Of course I want to ask a refund for what I paid for Magellan 2 as I bought Trooper. Do you know how to contact them, a website, email ?

• @BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

Of course I want to ask a refund for what I paid for Magellan 2 as I bought Trooper. Do you know how to contact them, a website, email ?

Yes, they have a web site. You need to go and do some basic homework to help yourself.

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

You "ask" for a refund over the Apple webpage:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204084

But maybe you just wait a bit and check out both Magellan 2 and Trooper again? ;-)

I am on my way to buy Trooper! Yes, in addition to Magellan 2.

• @tja said:

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

But maybe you just wait a bit and check out both Magellan 2 and Trooper again? ;-)

I am on my way to buy Trooper!

I own nearly every Yonac app and haven't regretted buying any of them. Seriously. And I'm looking forward to "some" of these most recent apps making their way to macOS in the future.

• @tja said:

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

Thanks for the information I contact Apple now to have a refund about Magellan 2 as in the interview the dev is very clear about it.

• edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

Were considering Trooper for the ui but then read Trooper dosent have spawn. Usually make owns patches but for a synth I dont use ( like most synths ) Is a bonus with Magellan 2.

• @NeuM said:

@tja said:

@BerlinFx said:

@NeuM said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

Does Yonak offer sales?

I own nearly every Yonac app and haven't regretted buying any of them. Seriously. And I'm looking forward to "some" of these most recent apps making their way to macOS in the future.

Yes, me too.
    I only don't own Trooper and Steel Guitar PRO.
    But I uninstalled some of them, for example Kauldron.

• @tja said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Yonac never quite nailed the character of analog synths the way others have done. Them and Virsyn make some odd sounding synths.

Moogs, Twin 3, TAL Juno, OB-Xd

• @oat_phipps said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

Only missing Twin 3.
    Will not buy it without a reduced bundle price.
    But the current bundle seems broken ...

• It’s funny…about a month or so ago I brought up that very same interview and was advised that Trooper was NOT an updated M2. Looks like I’m not that crazy after all 😂

Or maybe I am, cause they really don’t sound all that similar. And how could they if the adjustable parameters are different? By making Trooper more streamlined it also changes the way one can tweak sounds. I don’t own M2 but I have a strong feeling if I tried to create the same patch in one it would sound different than if I created the same one in another

• @Fear2Stop said:
    It’s funny…about a month or so ago I brought up that very same interview and was advised that Trooper was NOT an updated M2. Looks like I’m not that crazy after all 😂

Or maybe I am, cause they really don’t sound all that similar. And how could they if the adjustable parameters are different? By making Trooper more streamlined it also changes the way one can tweak sounds. I don’t own M2 but I have a strong feeling if I tried to create the same patch in one it would sound different than if I created the same one in another

It's not an "updated" version.

It's maybe a slimmed down version, with everything on one page - so with more easy access, but also less capable!

You can't replace Magellan 2 with Trooper!

• edited May 2023

@tja said:

@Fear2Stop said:
    It’s funny…about a month or so ago I brought up that very same interview and was advised that Trooper was NOT an updated M2. Looks like I’m not that crazy after all 😂

It's maybe a slimmed down version, with everything on one page - so with more easy access, but also less capable!

What you say can make sense but it seems that there is an overlapse overlaps between both event not completely similar.

• @oat_phipps, I really think you’d love Trooper.

I agree that a lot of his previous synths might have had an “odd” sound, and that was consistent across the whole line for some time, but with Trooper, I think he’s finally hit a sweet spot. It’s honestly one of my favorite new synths! I’m a huge fan of the MOOGs, Twin 3, and all the others too. Trooper can compete if no other Yonac synths can!

@BerlinFx theres a lot more to Trooper than just a “change in GUI” from Magellan 2.

Trooper takes some of the best parts of Magellan and refines them into a totally new knob per function synth.

No where in that interview does he say that it’s just a reskin, or changed GUI of Magellan. He only says “that it does come from the same pedigree” which means he’s taken things that he’s learned along the way, and applied them. Yes, as @jakoB_haQ mentions, there are a lot of the same waveform options for the oscillators, but that’s with any synth.

This is like buying the MOOG One, and then later the new MiniMoog Model D, then wanting a refund for the Moog One because the Model D has some of the same oscillators and filters that the One has.

Magellan 2 is a full featured flagship synth with tons of features. There’s three oscillators, an FM module, two filter banks, two lfos, an arp, etc etc., and then there’s an X/Y pad, a full featured sequencer, an entire effects rack, a chord builder, and not to mention the “SPAWN” randomization feature.

• @BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

@Fear2Stop said:

What you say can make sense but it seems that there is an overlapse overlaps between both event not completely similar.

Yes, sure.

But then, you have overlapping capabilities with most Synths that use the same type(s) of Synthesis.

Those are my AU-capable virtual analog Synths, using subtractive Synthesis:

They overlap greatly!

Yet, I could not bring myself to remove any of them - even as I wanted to do so.
    Each of them has something unique in design, UI, sound or modulation capabilities and so on.

• Thanks @Edward_Alexander and @tja to have mame the time to explain to me , now I understand more for Yonak so no problem anymore I will no ask a refund.

• @BerlinFx said:
    Thanks @Edward_Alexander and @tja to have mame the time to explain to me , now I understand more for Yonak so no problem anymore I will no ask a refund.

👍

• @oat_phipps said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

Twin 3 is probably the only big VA synth I don’t have on. I like the interface and sound but I’m curious what sets it apart exactly? Just the sound? I really want to be sold this app because it does look fantastic.

• Twin 3 this is the sound that make the difference but be aware that their GUI don’t fit well with the IPad and forget to use it on an iPhone. It is really made in a desktop view as GUI. I got it with a Fabfilter bundle on sales.

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:

@oat_phipps said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

Twin 3 is probably the only big VA synth I don’t have on. I like the interface and sound but I’m curious what sets it apart exactly? Just the sound? I really want to be sold this app because it does look fantastic.

The sound. The interface takes some getting used to and is a little fiddly on iOS (nothing as bad as Timeless 3 though), but I had years of using them in Auria to know my way around the Fab apps. If the interface puts you off, I understand, few want to learn a different way of doing things just for one set of apps. But it honestly takes 10-15 minutes for it all to click and is pretty elegant (if fiddly on touch). On the other hand, the presets alone in Twin 3 are better than any I’ve ever heard, especially on iOS, if that’s mostly what you use.

Only way to say for sure if it’ll work for you is to watch a tutorial video, try the trial on desktop, or just get a refund if it doesn’t immediately click for you (no shame, I don’t make a point of doing it, but if something doesnt click right away then I know it’s not for me). Do you need it? I don’t know. But it’s really great and clicks faster than you think. Plus in the meantime there’s plenty of presets and extra ones for free on the Fab website from Twin 2.

All the stuff you have is really good already; I also really like Zeeon and Continua. But if you do want something new, it would be the first thing I’d recommend looking at hands down.

• Now I am on Hilda @brambos just release 20 minutes ago and it is really great done 3 presets in 10 minutes and great sounds. For 14 usd worth any penny , top GUI have a look. Don’t need to read the manual so instinctive.

• @oat_phipps said:

@HotStrange said:

@oat_phipps said:

@tja said:

@oat_phipps said:

The sound. The interface takes some getting used to and is a little fiddly on iOS (nothing as bad as Timeless 3 though), but I had years of using them in Auria to know my way around the Fab apps. If the interface puts you off, I understand, few want to learn a different way of doing things just for one set of apps. But it honestly takes 10-15 minutes for it all to click and is pretty elegant (if fiddly on touch). On the other hand, the presets alone in Twin 3 are better than any I’ve ever heard, especially on iOS, if that’s mostly what you use.

Only way to say for sure if it’ll work for you is to watch a tutorial video, try the trial on desktop, or just get a refund if it doesn’t immediately click for you (no shame, I don’t make a point of doing it, but if something doesnt click right away then I know it’s not for me). Do you need it? I don’t know. But it’s really great and clicks faster than you think. Plus in the meantime there’s plenty of presets and extra ones for free on the Fab website from Twin 2.

All the stuff you have is really good already; I also really like Zeeon and Continua. But if you do want something new, it would be the first thing I’d recommend looking at hands down.

I watched both of Doug’s videos on it in between these comments and I gotta say, it really does sound fantastic. And the entire product looks and seems top notch. Like it feels like an actual desktop synth on iOS. Immediately shot to the top of my next purchase list. Thanks for the detailed comment! Upon watching, I don’t think the interface seems too bad.

• @Samu said:
    PWM/SYNC/RINGMOD/FM/XMOD?

Those are few of the rather basic synthesis functions I look after when a new synth pops up on the radar...

Saved for later times 🤗