Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yonac Trooper—new synth

Comments

• @dendy said:

Our Samu, ready to find cons in literally everything at any costs 😂🤣

Well, that's unfortunately the way my brain is wired, always looking for things that can be fixed or improved...
    If I can't find something to add or modify I've totally 'failed' :sunglasses:

One 'thing' that would impress me would be a digital polyphonic re-creation of the MicroBrute with an additional oscillator with sync option and added patch-points allowing one of the oscillators to be used as a modulation source.

Cheers!

• @mistercharlie said:
    @Fingolfinzz The Matriarch can do FM in a few ways, thanks to its patching capabilities, and you can use the LFO and the filters as sine oscillators.

I’m just referring to the linear fm input, werkstatt also has one

• Trooper sounds bonkers. I love the presets too

• @cokomairena said:
    Trooper sounds bonkers. I love the presets too

Same here. I don't understand some of the comments calling the presets uninteresting. They're actually very musical and playable.

• Musical and playable is soooo 1970's. ;)

• @wim said:
    Musical and playable is soooo 1970's. ;)

Haha. Well, then call me old fashioned. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2022

@ehehehe said:
    This sounds very good, like Model 15 with easy to use ui. Fat oscillators that can get pretty angry.

When people buy other products, do they request additional features immedeatly? Like you buy a box of cereal and then email the manufacturers after one spoonful like "hey, this should have 5 % more sugar and maybe some more raisins then it would be PERFECT"? Just stop or make your own apps, take it or leave it as long as it does what it says without bugs. It's so OLD, in more than one way... /rantv

😂 it’s like going on a first date and requesting a list of changes to the other person before you get to know who they really are. I’m personally learning to take time to understand the character of new stuff instead of looking for features in new products I’ve already got with stuff I already own. Work in progress…

• Great point Mike and ehehehe. Sometimes I think that iOS music developers are some of the bravest mfs out there lol.

• edited September 2022

No kidding. Tough crowd here sometimes.

@magnusovi said:
    Great point Mike and ehehehe. Sometimes I think that iOS music developers are some of the bravest mfs out there lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bought this yesterday morning. Don't have any of the IAPs so far. The ad copy is hyperbolic -- and the sound quality is high.

I especially like the bass presets. I'm less impressed with the pads and keys presets; don't know yet if that's something about the synth itself, or just the stock programming.

I like that everything fits on one page. I don't mind that it doesn't do every kind of synthesis (or even every species of subtractive analogue synthesis). The knobs aren't overwhelming in number, but some of them have a nonlinear response that invites and rewards experimentation.

I'm intrigued by the effect choices. Previous Yonac apps have offered multiple effects, and even multiple version of effects. (Think of Tonestack.) Here we have just a couple of delays: one for echo and one for phaser/chorus/flanger effects. And then there's the Six button that functions somewhat like the Juno chorus. A lot of sounds in here.

• @dokwok2 said:
    I bought this yesterday morning. Don't have any of the IAPs so far. The ad copy is hyperbolic -- and the sound quality is high.

I especially like the bass presets. I'm less impressed with the pads and keys presets; don't know yet if that's something about the synth itself, or just the stock programming.

I like that everything fits on one page. I don't mind that it doesn't do every kind of synthesis (or even every species of subtractive analogue synthesis). The knobs aren't overwhelming in number, but some of them have a nonlinear response that invites and rewards experimentation.

I'm intrigued by the effect choices. Previous Yonac apps have offered multiple effects, and even multiple version of effects. (Think of Tonestack.) Here we have just a couple of delays: one for echo and one for phaser/chorus/flanger effects. And then there's the Six button that functions somewhat like the Juno chorus. A lot of sounds in here.

Indeed. In many respects, it's one of their simplest to use and understand synths. But the variety of sounds possible makes it a real experimenter's gift for musicians.

• It shows in the details that they have experience with iOS synths.

The UI is very, very good.

The only thing I’m missing is that the presets don’t expand to full window like in their other synths. Also it lacks next/prev/rand preset, like all other yonac synths afaik

• This thing makes such good techno noises, I'm finding it quite inspiring.

• @cokomairena said:
    It shows in the details that they have experience with iOS synths.

The only thing I’m missing is that the presets don’t expand to full window like in their other synths. Also it lacks next/prev/rand preset, like all other yonac synths afaik

The Joker (hat) icon in the preset bottom menu bar selects a random preset.

• @uncledave said:

@cokomairena said:
    It shows in the details that they have experience with iOS synths.

The Joker (hat) icon in the preset bottom menu bar selects a random preset.

Thanks! I was trying to say that it lacks a next/prev/rand browser without openning the preset browser.

• Hello everyone! Resident MPE scrooge here crawling out of my deep cave of hibernation.... can anyone confirm if this actually behaves as MPE or does it work like all the other Yonac MPE synths where it can't actually handle cc commands from multiple channels without destroying audio?

• edited October 2022

@Gold_Gazebo said:
    Hello everyone! Resident MPE scrooge here crawling out of my deep cave of hibernation.... can anyone confirm if this actually behaves as MPE or does it work like all the other Yonac MPE synths where it can't actually handle cc commands from multiple channels without destroying audio?

I feel your pain! I like Yonac stuff but I was doubtful they would handle MPE properly for Trooper…Magellan 2 has been broken since it came out and support is non existent, I honestly think they aren’t following the MPE spec with regard to per channel pitch bend. It’s not just Yonac, even Apple isn’t following the spec…they could at least answer my emails! I am endlessly pulling my hair out over "MPE" synths not actually functioning as MPE. Magellan 2 was one of the worst offenders for that on ios.

HOWEVER!!!! I can happily say that Yonac has finally gotten it right with Trooper. Animoog Z and Continuum were my go to MPE synths (and even those had it's quirks and was very fiddly to program at times) but this is much much easier to get working on my Linnstrument. This is the one we have been waiting for. It just fucking works. Right out of the box. Finally.

EDIT: now just make sure you NEVER update the program lest MPE get broken in an update haha

• @Samu said:

@dendy said:

Our Samu, ready to find cons in literally everything at any costs 😂🤣

Well, that's unfortunately the way my brain is wired, always looking for things that can be fixed or improved...
    If I can't find something to add or modify I've totally 'failed' :sunglasses:

One 'thing' that would impress me would be a digital polyphonic re-creation of the MicroBrute with an additional oscillator with sync option and added patch-points allowing one of the oscillators to be used as a modulation source.

Cheers!

Samu It sounds like you have to start programming and make your own wonder child to musicapp. Completly to your own wishes.

• @marcuspresident said:

Samu It sounds like you have to start programming and make your own wonder child to musicapp. Completly to your own wishes.

Well, I can already 'build' most of the stuff I need with the modules present in Drambo.
    (I do beta on a few other apps where I can feed some of my whacky ideas directly to the devs).

I bought Trooper and the IAPs to support Yonac and Magellan 2 is still one of my favorites as it's so slick to tweak and the Spawn function is very good for 'happy accidents' and 'inspiration' :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• Trooper sounds great.
    I find that I specially like how the interaction between elements yields “non-linear” or sort of unexpected results. I’m no synth expert, so this might total BS, but I find that, for example, turning up the volume of one oscillator not only affects the volume but sort of alters how the other one behaves, like it’s more than the sum of the parts. Does this make sense?.
    One thing I don’t love is the lfo implementation. Unless I’m wrong, there’s no way to just affect a param, say for example an oscillator volume for a tremolo effect, without using the mod wheel, velocity… I’d like to be able to just set a fixed lfo quantity to a param.I guess it’d be an “mod amount” knob thingy.

• @tahiche said:
    One thing I don’t love is the lfo implementation. Unless I’m wrong, there’s no way to just affect a param, say for example an oscillator volume for a tremolo effect, without using the mod wheel, velocity… I’d like to be able to just set a fixed lfo quantity to a param.I guess it’d be an “mod amount” knob thingy.

Me too. If it's not a Moog clone, there's no need to replicate one of Moog's limitations.

• Would love to see this plugin also appear on MacOs.

• @tahiche said:
    Trooper sounds great.
    I find that I specially like how the interaction between elements yields “non-linear” or sort of unexpected results. I’m no synth expert, so this might total BS, but I find that, for example, turning up the volume of one oscillator not only affects the volume but sort of alters how the other one behaves, like it’s more than the sum of the parts. Does this make sense?.

In the settings you can set how much the modwheel affects the lfo, so a workaround to a fixed value is to put the modwheel at maximum value and set the mod to lfo amount on the settings...

• @jaijai said:
    Would love to see this plugin also appear on MacOs.

👍

• @cokomairena said:

@tahiche said:
    Trooper sounds great.

In the settings you can set how much the modwheel affects the lfo, so a workaround to a fixed value is to put the modwheel at maximum value and set the mod to lfo amount on the settings...

Yeah, I had already figured the workaround. But it’s a workaround for something that I’d like to do on a regular basis. And workarounds are the kind of things you forget, “oh, yeah, I figured this one out a while back… what was it?”.

• @the current special sale price, it is a total instabuy! Really nice sounds out of this Synth!