Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS SampleWiz 2 - out now!

Comments

• @Samu said:
    FRMS is too heavy on the CPU for my iPad Air 2 so I'm in favor of BLEASS Sample Wiz 2 and it will most likely for me replace AD Quanta as I'm not heavy granular user and this BLEASS thing covers my needs more than enough.

How heavy is it compared to FRMS?
    How interesting compared to, say, Alpha?

• @EdGG said:

6 polyphonic instances of SampleWiz 2 to barely one instance of FRMS (depending on preset) on my iPad Air 2.
    I seldom need more than a few instances anyway.

FRMS is a more complex synth with 4 layers so naturally it's more resource intensive.

I find SampleWiz 2 to strike a good balance between features and CPU usage for my use cases.
    (It would be nice with another layer and more effect but that would make it more complex for sure).

• Considering the low cpu usage I hope they consider making a control for grain density… especially if it could be a modulation target! I like the granular and cloud modes but overall they feel sparse on the grain count and there’s a very distinct sound to them. I do really love the cloud’s window though…. if I could just quadruple the grain density then I might consider using it more often. I am really enjoying the MPE implementation though… this may become my go to sampler for non-granular, non-sliced stuff.

• @Samu said:

@EdGG said:

6 polyphonic instances of SampleWiz 2 to barely one instance of FRMS (depending on preset) on my iPad Air 2.
    I seldom need more than a few instances anyway.

FRMS is a more complex synth with 4 layers so naturally it's more resource intensive.

I find SampleWiz 2 to strike a good balance between features and CPU usage for my use cases.
    (It would be nice with another layer and more effect but that would make it more complex for sure).

That certainly inches me towards it a bit more... Thanks!

• Realtime stretch and drag and drop to koala would make people buy ( if they dont need granular ) bonus you get mpe to any sample.

• I like bleass apps, but that icon is so bad that I simply cannot support this. It is one step away from a hitler mustache as your app icon, but possibly worse...

• edited December 2021

jr is simply too full of himself and I find his playing to be a lot like his facial hair - lots of fluff and flair, not much substance. Bleass, you are better than this.

• @palms said:
    I like bleass apps, but that icon is so bad that I simply cannot support this. It is one step away from a hitler mustache as your app icon, but possibly worse...

Why is it worse than a hitler mustache?

• edited December 2021

it’s also a charlie chaplin mustache, there’s actually nothing wrong with it, it depends on the person wearing it. so i guess for some people this jordan guy is worse than hitler. and speaking of facial hair I think this forum has its own couple of goebbelses and mussolinies. anyhow it’s an awesome synth! love it.

• edited December 2021

@palms said:
    I like bleass apps, but that icon is so bad that I simply cannot support this. It is one step away from a hitler mustache as your app icon, but possibly worse...

@vasilymilovidov said:
    it’s also a charlie chaplin mustache, there’s actually nothing wrong with it, it depends on the person wearing it. so i guess for some people this jordan guy is worse than hitler. and speaking of facial hair I think this forum has its own couple of goebbelses and mussolinies. anyhow it’s an awesome synth! love it.

👏👏👏🙌🙌🙌 Thank u Bleass for that icon!. It has thrusted this forum to new heights.
    (Sarcastic mode was and still is OFF. I mean it!)

• Jordan seems a lot more cool now that I've seen him hanging out with the likes of Doug, Michael, and Vortex.... :smiley:

• @palms said:
    jr is simply too full of himself and I find his playing to be a lot like his facial hair - lots of fluff and flair, not much substance. Bleass, you are better than this.

Amen. I never took formal lessons and kept it by ear to learn to be an expressive player instead of a great technical one. I feared having the virtuosity would eventually crowd out the feel of vibin and havin a good time. I’ve always felt like something’s lost after a certain point because you’re so ‘good’ you get on auto-pilot. Not sure if that’s due to the mastery or due to all the aging you’ve done to get to that level.

20 years later, I feel I was mostly right as a teenager and the way I did it was great for my prime. But these days, I find myself practicing exercises more and more and cracking theory books…and it’s not so bad.

SUPER TANGENT SURPRISE

We had two big competing local music stores in my city growing up. One had a couple dudes who would jam with you and teach you the King of the Hill theme if you asked. It was awesome. The other makes me shudder. Its ideal employee would’ve been the Jordan Rudess “check THIS out” dude ideal.

• @oat_phipps said:
    The other makes me shudder. Its ideal employee would’ve been the Jordan Rudess “check THIS out” dude ideal.

To be fair, I have seen Jordan doing promo videos for apps that he has no financial interest in - just to spread the word about a great app.

I think he's a genuine fan of iOS apps - I doubt if much of his income comes from apps.

• @Simon said:

@oat_phipps said:
    The other makes me shudder. Its ideal employee would’ve been the Jordan Rudess “check THIS out” dude ideal.

To be fair, I have seen Jordan doing promo videos for apps that he has no financial interest in - just to spread the word about a great app.

I think he's a genuine fan of iOS apps - I doubt if much of his income comes from apps.

All of these things can be true!

• edited December 2021

What is the maximum pitch bend range SampleWiz2 supports? In one of the videos, I saw it has a pitch bend range adjustment wheel. But could not read the maximum it can go. Any info on this will be helpful

• @Simon said:

@oat_phipps said:

I’m not sure JR promotes anything without the dangle of a dollar.

• @SpookyZoo said:

• @Simon said:

@SpookyZoo said:

That doesn’t count.

We ALL love Bebot! 🤣

• edited December 2021

@SpookyZoo said:
    That doesn’t count.

We ALL love Bebot! 🤣

How about:

I know, I know: "that doesn't count...we all love Samplr". :smiley:

• @Simon said:

I know, I know: "that doesn't count...we all love Samplr". :smiley:

🤣👍

• @palms said:

How tired I am of this thread…
    Last time for me.

• @eylvy said:

@eylvy Thanks for your video! What is going on at 2:40 mark? How is it triggering sample parts outside the loop displayed? Is that “motion” modulation of sample offset? I enjoy playing with the sample start and end like you were doing in the previous section of your video… lots of fun there. I do wish those were modulation targets (only sample offset is)… Hoping in a future update. Anyway from the hand manipulation it seems the program would be robust enough to handle it.

• Fwiw, Jordan is a very very nice guy and genuinely interested in things that empower musicians and is supportive of developers whose work he finds interesting.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Fwiw, Jordan is a very very nice guy and genuinely interested in things that empower musicians and is supportive of developers whose work he finds interesting.

+1

• This video is incredible. Around 11 minutes in, he talks about a show he played with Deep Purple where he used an iPad for the sounds, and mentions his love for iOS.
    Brief but awesome summary of his musical journey.

• I've breezed through the presets and it's a nice palette.
    I'm definitely going to be using it for future pieces.

• @CracklePot said:
    This video is incredible. Around 11 minutes in, he talks about a show he played with Deep Purple where he used an iPad for the sounds, and mentions his love for iOS.
    Brief but awesome summary of his musical journey.

>

Despite the disdain some have for him here, Rudess is the real deal when it comes to playing the keyboard.

• @sujoybose77 said:
    What is the maximum pitch ben range SampleWiz2 supports? In one of the videos, I saw it has a pitch bend range adjustment wheel. But could not read the maximum it can go. Any info on this will be helpful

Pitch Ben would be a pretty good artist name tbh

• I still cannot get rid of the bee-swarm in my head.