Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS SampleWiz 2 - out now!

Comments

• Oof, that icon… :-( >

• @bleassapp Please do consider adding support for reading loop-meta data when importing *.wav files and also adding a 'zero-cross snap' when setting the start, end and loop position as crossfade is not always an option that works especially for 'shorter' loops and samples. For the 'Drive' section a Decimator & Bit-Crush could be nice additions :sunglasses:

Looking forward to seeing where this all goes...
    (Chorus,Phaser, Flanger for the FXs and another sample layer would be sweet).

• Samu:
    does it have overdub in sample area ?! that would be fun...
    also - is it more on crazy area or normal tones !? hard to tell from vanilla Jordan demos :)
    thnx

• I’ve got no issues with Rudess, and the icon isn’t a big deal to me, but that App Store copy is one of the most nauseating things I’ve read.

• Does anyone know if the price is an "intro price"?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Worst icon in history.

I see WerkBench has been dethroned.

Werkbench is the best :lol: :tongue:

• Can it accept live input as an AUv3 effect? i.e. processes incoming audio without having to hit Record and sample first before playing back?

• And thanks so much @bleassapp that you guys develop with lower iOS requirements.
    Have been feeling locked out of some awesome stuff as of late :lol:

• @waka_x said:
    Samu:
    does it have overdub in sample area ?! that would be fun...
    also - is it more on crazy area or normal tones !? hard to tell from vanilla Jordan demos :)
    thnx

No regular 'overdub' as far as I can see but you can 'resample' (ie. play with the currently existing sample and the new recording will replace it once stopped).

Sample Start/Offset can be modulated (affects new notes only and works nicely with the arpeggiator etc.).
    Loop position can be changed on the fly but not modulated by LFOs.

Granular and Cloud options are quite nice sample playback options and allow moving the 'window' which is used for playback.

I wish it would be possible to 'reset' the cloud window position on note-on, could be nice for 'auto scratch type' effects etc.

As mentioned, it will be nice to see where this app goes with future updates, there's a LOT of potential for added features :)

• thanks Samu!

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I’ve got no issues with Rudess, and the icon isn’t a big deal to me, but that App Store copy is one of the most nauseating things I’ve read.

Haha. Thing is, like his stuff or not, I think everything in that description is true. Jordan, for example, was heavily involved in the development of Geoshred - Pat from MoForte, in private discussion with me, made it very clear that his involvement in Geoshred was invaluable.

• Is this synth bring something that FRMS does not bring to te table? If I already have Quanta and FRMS, is there something new with this synth?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is this synth bring something that FRMS does not bring to te table? If I already have Quanta and FRMS, is there something new with this synth?

What about cool app icon? B) (just a joke, haven't tried it yet)

• edited December 2021

I thought I had read something about "physical modelling" and "AI" initially. Is there something related to PM and AI or is it just me ? Thanks !

PS : no problem with the beard for me. I think this icon is because SampleWiz 1/2 is tightly related to how Mr Rudess has always been so involved in iOS music development. So the app is all about what he has always been looking for in a touchscreen synth. More a kind of tribute if you prefer :-) My interpretation...

• it’s pretty damn cool! Bleass you guys did it again. I’m gonna use this one a lot 😃

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is this synth bring something that FRMS does not bring to te table? If I already have Quanta and FRMS, is there something new with this synth?

i'd say if you're perfectly happy with with quanta and frms — no, there isn't much.

• edited December 2021

@Gavinski said:
    >
    Haha. Thing is, like his stuff or not, I think everything in that description is true. Jordan, for example, was heavily involved in the development of Geoshred - Pat from MoForte, in private discussion with me, made it very clear that his involvement in Geoshred was invaluable.

I have no doubts about that to be honest!

It's one 'thing' to cram in every technical feature and a completely other 'thing' to make it an actually playable instrument.

Currently it feels like 'playability' is in place in SampleWiz 2 but some 'technical' features to make patch creation more fun are missing (like x-snap when setting the loop point which is a pita since 'cross fade' doesn't work well with shorter samples and cycle lengths) as is import of *.wav loop meta-data for pre-looped samples and tuning info.

Some FX types that would be so right for this type of synthesis (ie. decimate the sample per note before transposition and feeding it to the filter and effects (technically this would mean reading the sample data thru a sample-n-hold loop) as well as some modulation effects (chorus, phaser, flanger -> delay -> reverb in various order).

'Side Chain Input' could be nice feature when used with hosts such as Cubasis as this would allow us to select any track in Cubasis to be source for sampling.

Also being able to optionally 'reset' the cloud position on each key-press would make it very suitable for scratch-type effects.

It's a very good initial release and I'm looking forward to where this app goes in the future :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• @senhorlampada said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Worst icon in history.

I see WerkBench has been dethroned.

Werkbench is the best :lol: :tongue:

It is. The devs heard “you never go full icon” and went “nah, it’ll be fine”.

• @Montreal_Music said:

If you use drambo and dont have an mpe keyboard. You got an mpe keyboard with the parameters on screen. A decent filter? Fast sampling. I got quanta. Frms but will only bother. If I need to see if theres different grains. Modulation.

• On a scale of synthmaster1 (0) to animoog z (10), how MPE is this actually?

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I’ve got no issues with Rudess, and the icon isn’t a big deal to me, but that App Store copy is one of the most nauseating things I’ve read.

For real. Jordan Rudess is the North Korea of Apple Store copy

• @sclurbs said:

@Liquidmantis said:

For real. Jordan Rudess is the North Korea of Apple Store copy

Good to know I’m still sane. I expected to return to this thread under fire from the everything’s sunshine as long as I can reverse price gouge developers crew. That was some unashamed masturba**on written by a mighty fine kiss-ass.

• edited December 2021

Bought the synth, returning it. Other granulars are better, more interesting. Not really interested in sampling other synth sounds to synthesize with another synth. Bleass quality is there despite my personal taste being a 50-50 on all their stuff. Wish I would’ve gotten the tremolo instead. I like their motion stuff.

• Intro price or actual price?

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:
    >

I have no doubts about that to be honest!

It's one 'thing' to cram in every technical feature and a completely other 'thing' to make it an actually playable instrument.

Currently it feels like 'playability' is in place in SampleWiz 2 but some 'technical' features to make patch creation more fun are missing (like x-snap when setting the loop point which is a pita since 'cross fade' doesn't work well with shorter samples and cycle lengths) as is import of *.wav loop meta-data for pre-looped samples and tuning info.

Some FX types that would be so right for this type of synthesis (ie. decimate the sample per note before transposition and feeding it to the filter and effects (technically this would mean reading the sample data thru a sample-n-hold loop) as well as some modulation effects (chorus, phaser, flanger -> delay -> reverb in various order).

'Side Chain Input' could be nice feature when used with hosts such as Cubasis as this would allow us to select any track in Cubasis to be source for sampling.

Also being able to optionally 'reset' the cloud position on each key-press would make it very suitable for scratch-type effects.

It's a very good initial release and I'm looking forward to where this app goes in the future :sunglasses:

Cheers!

I'll forward this to BLEASS Samu. You are always the best when it comes to ideas for app improvements!

• It sounds Interesting enough, though I’m sure there was definitely mention of physical modelling pre release, but I can’t see any sign of it in the app description; has anyone spotted any sign of it?

• edited December 2021

If Rudess really loved himself as much as his ad copy suggests, he'd get rid of his ridiculous wispy beard. There's inner pain there, I'm sure of it! Would I want his keyboard skills if it meant having to be out in public with THAT beard? Hmmm, an actual tough one!

(Bloody hell, though, what a keyboardist...)

• edited December 2021

Quite an Interesting instrument plus some insane randomising features.
    Tis a pity the interface is not drag n drop..

• I really like this, the sample mangling options are terrific.

• I like it, id love it if it had time stretching , I’d love to play a sample in a higher pitch and not have it speed up.