Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS SampleWiz 2 - out now!

Comments

• 2 things that would help.
    1. The abilty to randomise only certain features.
    2. Add an undone button

This would make the app truly sing

• Wow...this synth sounds beautiful! Nice work @bleassapp !!

• edited December 2021

Pro: this is the first synth that sort of makes me, a pure preset player, want to do more than playing presets.

Con: that beard. Seriously. It's a first-world problem, clearly, but it's nauseating. When I prepared to post this, I thought I would be the weirdo here with this opinion, but I'm relieved to see I'm not that far off piste. Man, that icon is harsh. Seeing half a dozen of them in one AUM session in Doug's video has a toe-curling effect on me. 🤷

On an unrelated note, is there an icon-changing app for ios?

• At first I thought I was looking at 🤮

Then I remembered what Jordan looks like.

• Look, I know we’re all joking here about the beard. But have you ever considered it from his perspective? The man is a genius — a GENIUS. Can you even imagine the pressure of not only being a genius but also of having everyone know you’re a genius? (How did they find out? It is a mystery.) He has also – and maybe you don’t know this – taken a vow of chastity. (To preserve the genius, obviously.) And the only way he could guarantee he would never be laid again? You guessed it. It’s the beard. So think about that.

(I believe I will stick with FRMS.)

• FRMS is too heavy on the CPU for my iPad Air 2 so I'm in favor of BLEASS Sample Wiz 2 and it will most likely for me replace AD Quanta as I'm not heavy granular user and this BLEASS thing covers my needs more than enough.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Bought the synth, returning it. Other granulars are better, more interesting. Not really interested in sampling other synth sounds to synthesize with another synth. Bleass quality is there despite my personal taste being a 50-50 on all their stuff. Wish I would’ve gotten the tremolo instead. I like their motion stuff.

😆 “…sampling other synth sounds to synthesize with another synth.”

• @ervin said:
    Pro: this is the first synth that sort of makes me, a pure preset player, want to do more than playing presets.

Con: that beard. Seriously. It's a first-world problem, clearly, but it's nauseating. When I prepared to post this, I thought it would be the weirdo here with this opinion, but I'm relieved to see I'm not that far off piste. Man, that icon is harsh. Seeing half a dozen of them in one AUM session in Doug's video has a toe-curling effect on me. 🤷

On an unrelated note, is there an icon-changing app for ios?

🤣

• edited December 2021

I agree about the bio portion of the App Store description: it was a bit much for me as well. It just seemed unnecessary, we know the story already. Most of the people that will be using this app is us and we all know Jordan Rudess and his otherworldly skill. The icon doesn’t bother me so much although I thoroughly enjoy BLEASS app icons because they usually give a visual of the function of the app. The Beard doesn’t. I can’t wait to use this app though. BLEASS creates gold and Jordan is a synth maestro!

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    I agree about the bio portion of the App Store description: it was a bit much for me as well. It just seemed unnecessary. Most of the people that will be using this app is us and we all know Jordan Rudess and his otherworldly skill.

By ‘us’ do you mean the few dozen geriatrics on this ye olde vanilla forum?

PS. Who is this Jordan Rudders? ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    I agree about the bio portion of the App Store description: it was a bit much for me as well. It just seemed unnecessary. Most of the people that will be using this app is us and we all know Jordan Rudess and his otherworldly skill.

By ‘us’ do you mean the few dozen geriatrics on this ye olde vanilla forum?

PS. Who is this Jordan Rudders? ;)

😆

• Well, about that beard thing... I think they made a good move with the logo. I could imagine that, somewhere in the future, someone asks: "Do you remember that Synth, ehh, what was is called? You know, that Synth with that beardy man logo."

Logo's are important, especially for me. When i scroll through the list of apps, for example, in AUM, i first look at the logo, and then the name, because i remember logo's better than names.

• This thread is classic AB Forum stuff. Great work guys 😂😂😂

• @Identor said:
    Well, about that beard thing... I think they made a good move with the logo. I could imagine that, somewhere in the future, someone asks: "Do you remember that Synth, ehh, what was is called? You know, that Synth with that beardy man logo."

Logo's are important, especially for me. When i scroll through the list of apps, for example, in AUM, i first look at the logo, and then the name, because i remember logo's better than names.

I guess michael should`ve used Beardyman as his logo for Loopy Pro.
    Then people would say "Remeber that app with beardyman logo"
    And people would be confused which of the apps it is

• @senhorlampada said:

@Identor said:
    Well, about that beard thing... I think they made a good move with the logo. I could imagine that, somewhere in the future, someone asks: "Do you remember that Synth, ehh, what was is called? You know, that Synth with that beardy man logo."

I guess michael should`ve used Beardyman as his logo for Loopy Pro.
    Then people would say "Remeber that app with beardyman logo"
    And people would be confused which of the apps it is

That's why i did a spatial between "beardy" and "man". :)

• This logo would much more fit to new Klevgrand app - Rassel (english rattle) ;)

But now seriously - are the IAPs makes the app more heavy? I mean more than declared 278.9 MB?

• I'm sorry🤨😉 The app is cool. He has a beard, so the icon is quite sincere-I like it. I think that's what they thought. I made friends with Buchla-I record and modulate them in SW2. Comfortable. FRMS eats resources a lot, so there is a need to record waves in the same Neon, which is basically normal. But so far it's a little unclear with MotionSeq in SW2. It seems to be processing, but as if not to the end. I liked several keyboard options, programmable MPE. The latter in terms of the number of programmable parameters is inferior to the same Animoog, but quite worthy. So a good working handy tool.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    This logo would much more fit to new Klevgrand app - Rassel (english rattle) ;)

But now seriously - are the IAPs makes the app more heavy? I mean more than declared 278.9 MB?

Everything sample involved is eating more disk-space than a synth with only parameter data.
    I wonder how much disk-space Loopy Pro is gonna eat with every project in the future onwards.

• edited December 2021

@god said:
    Bought!

Cool icon, too!

Thou hast forsaken me. O, how the tables hath turned!

• cut to Charlton Heston grimace as he turns into a pillar of salt *
  • @oat_phipps said:

@god said:
    Bought!

Cool icon, too!

Thou hast forsaken me

😂

• This is officially “BeardGate”

• edited December 2021

BeardHate is my new New Age reverse-counter culture zine. It’s exclusive; you can only find it on Kazaa.

• edited December 2021

This is really what you all are talking about? An icon done as a caricature/icon of the co-creator of the app?

• Pretty excited about this but haven't pulled the trigger. Are the LFO's polyphonic? I love to assign an lfo to pan (or cutoff, etc), but if lfos aren't polyphonic that pan will jump with each new keypress. That is the reason I hardly use FRMS actually... hoping it's a non-issue here. Also I wish they had gone with a modulation matrix or at least let you make more than two assignments per mod source, I don't think that would have impacted the live tweaking playability that makes BLEASS apps so nice. Ah well... still looks very nice and will most likely buy.... if those lfo's are poly ;P

• @oat_phipps said:
    BeardHate is my new New Age reverse-counter culture zine. It’s exclusive; you can only find it on Kazaa.

🤣

• @echoopera said:
    This is really what you all are talking about? An icon done as a caricature/icon of the co-creator of the app?

True true
    I am heading to buy a gift card to get this right now. While waiting for your new awesome track using Samplewiz 2 :lol:

• @Strizbiz said:
    I like it, id love it if it had time stretching , I’d love to play a sample in a higher pitch and not have it speed up.

Well, if you use the granular mode, then you have the pitch without the speed up…

• @oat_phipps said:

@god said:
    Bought!

Cool icon, too!

Take now thy icon , thine only icon, whom thou lovest, even Samplewiz2, and get thee into the land of Audiobusforum; and offer him there for a burnt-offering upon one of the threads which I will tell thee of.

• @god said:

@oat_phipps said:

@god said:
    Bought!

Cool icon, too!

Take now thy icon , thine only icon, whom thou lovest, even Samplewiz2, and get thee into the land of Audiobusforum; and offer him there for a burnt-offering upon one of the threads which I will tell thee of.

😮 😝 😆