Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - this was just posted on Facebook

Comments

• @harddrinksoftdrink said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Out of curiosity...
    What type of modules would you guys like to see in the future?
    What modules would help you to utilise Drambo?

Feel free to go nuts...
    describe exact functionality, or just drop an existing product that tickles your fancy... a single missing piece or a list...
    You may also put a price tag (if any) in the comment, regarding what would you consider fair (IAP)

I may start a poll later based on your input to figure out priorities.
    Help shape D! :)

I’d love a way to map out automation the way Logic and other DAWs do it where you have a line that you can shape across a track length for any given parameter.

Would also love to copy and paste midi files into a track or record midi into a track (if this is already possible my bad, was using Suggester and tried playing chords into the pattern to record it but didn’t work)

Also: smoothing between P-locks would be awesome like the monomachine has

• edited February 2022

@Lorichs said:

No, Bézier curves are part of upcoming updates loong list of new features... once it’s out you should be able to easily edit them from the editor.

Yess. Curves is on my wish list
    Also on my wish list
    -Wowel or formant modules
    - trigger button and switch bottun modules that works the same way as the “knobs” module. I would like to be able to add more than one bottum pr module in order to make my setup a bit more compact.
    - A mixer module with pre fader and post fader inserts. Again to keep things compact. ( my own mixer got quite huge)
    - Custom coloring of instrument effect and midi racks. The way the coloring works on the modules makes perfectly sence. But i would really love to be able to color my racks since color codes is an important part if my workflow when jamming.

Good suggestions +1 on vowel/formant and switches/buttons... though I would prefer to be able to combine knobs and switches on the same module :)
    Custom colouring comes up quite often, so definitely an area to look into, though colouring in D is supposed to be hard coded to serve a purpose.

@harddrinksoftdrink said:

@harddrinksoftdrink said:

Out of curiosity...

Feel free to go nuts...
    describe exact functionality, or just drop an existing product that tickles your fancy... a single missing piece or a list...
    You may also put a price tag (if any) in the comment, regarding what would you consider fair (IAP)

I may start a poll later based on your input to figure out priorities.
    Help shape D! :)

I’d love a way to map out automation the way Logic and other DAWs do it where you have a line that you can shape across a track length for any given parameter.

Would also love to copy and paste midi files into a track or record midi into a track (if this is already possible my bad, was using Suggester and tried playing chords into the pattern to record it but didn’t work)

Also: smoothing between P-locks would be awesome like the monomachine has

Atm I’m trying to gauge interest in modules rather than features.

• @0tolerance4silence
    Combined switch and knobs module is absolutly the dream scenario.
    To be more clear about the color customization, It Is only when the rack is in compact view I would like to customize. Everything else about coloring is perfect 😊

• @0tolerance4silence

big +1 on west coast pack, especially an LPG and new wavefold algorithm in a dedicated 'fold' module.
    (I know we can patch LPG type racks, but an LPG module would be useful as it replaces 3 entire modules: amp, filter, and envelope, for a nice speedy workflow)

In a west coast pack, I'd really like to see a proper function generator (basically MATHS):
    -two knobs for rise / fall time (attack / decay)
    -two knobs for rise / fall shape (exponential through logarithmic)
    -button for 'cycle' or 'one shot'
    -button for 'unipolar' / 'bipolar'
    -EOR and EOF triggers would be useful, but not necessary (those can be patched with a comparator)

The Envelope AD Mod comes close. It can loop, but its attack and decay stages are too short, and is unipolar only.

Other modules:
    -24db bandpass
    -24db highpass
    -'Step Entry' style step sequencer with CV 'rec' input (101 style)
    -Math logic function A=B with a variable threshold
    -Pipe/trunk routing (N to N signal router, to consolidate many signals to a single I/O module)
    -Formant filter

• edited February 2022

Custom colouring comes up quite often, so definitely an area to look into, though colouring in D is supposed to be hard coded to serve a purpose.

I bring this up a lot hehe. I only want custom coloring for knobs, sliders, and switch button and layers highlight color within a rack. Racks need custom coloring to define sections, imply function, and balance the GUI.

Can you imagine what your R2B rack would look like if each knob were 'randomly' assigned a color from the color algorithm? Based, of course, on the color of the module each knob is modulating. It would be a rainbow nightmare to look at.

• Here are some mockups I made a while back. I think it really helps bring some variety and personal touch to the racks. It also helps to 'guide' the user, when sometimes the only GUI elements are knobs...and knobs.. and knobs.

• More custom design options would be nice, it's one thing which I think Drambo would benefit a lot from, including having taller racks. :)

• edited February 2022

@aleyas said:

I bring this up a lot hehe. I only want custom coloring for knobs, sliders, and switch button and layers highlight color within a rack. Racks need custom coloring to define sections, imply function, and balance the GUI.

Can you imagine what your R2B rack would look like if each knob were 'randomly' assigned a color from the color algorithm? Based of course on the color of the module each knob is modulating. It would be a rainbow nightmare to look at.

Yep, visually grouping knobs via colouring would come handy on custom made UIs.
    Related side note - knobs on a mixer or mod amount knobs that borrow colour from the sending module make no sense inside a locked rack, only adding to ‘disco effect’. Imo inside a locked rack knobs should be same colour by default.

• edited February 2022

Yep, visually grouping knobs via colouring would come handy on custom made UIs.
    Related side note - knobs on a mixer or mod amount knobs that borrow colour from the sending module make no sense inside a locked rack, only adding to ‘disco effect’. Imo inside a locked rack knobs should be same colour by default.

Yeah, outside of a rack, I understand the logic of algorithmically assigning a color to a knob or modulating element (even though I don't think its necessary).
    But within a rack, users should have the ability to group, or change knobs and other elements colors. To have more control over their custom rack creation.

• An option to temporarily show "wires" for a quick overview of routings would be nice. Like maybe a momentary button that shows them while held down. Color coded and filterable by type. Bonus points for light up "plugs" to show when active signal is passing.

• @wim said:
    An option to temporarily show "wires" for a quick overview of routings would be nice. Like maybe a momentary button that shows them while held down. Color coded and filterable by type. Bonus points for light up "plugs" to show when active signal is passing.

But many of your outputs reach knobs directly (the triangle left to the knob is your input port effectively), rather than dedicated port on a module...
    It would look pretty scary :)

• edited February 2022

@wim said:
    An option to temporarily show "wires" for a quick overview of routings would be nice. Like maybe a momentary button that shows them while held down. Color coded and filterable by type. Bonus points for light up "plugs" to show when active signal is passing.

But many of your outputs reach knobs directly (the triangle left to the knob is your input port effectively), rather than dedicated port on a module...
    It would look pretty scary :)

Edit: also input ports occupy the same space as output ports (only one visible at a time) so would have to change UI/size of modules (depending on available port numbers).

Well, that wasn’t edit :D

• I personally would like to see a graph view like Reaktor/SunVox where you can open it in the modular graph environment and it's a lot easier to see what's going on.

• @aleyas i see your point with the colored knobs. I totally love your mock-ups 👍🏼

Sometimes I miss animation of the knob movement. It would be very useful for overview when we have a lot of automation. I understand that it is extra cpu load but an option to switch it on/off could deal with that.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@Lorichs said:
    @aleyas i see your point with the colored knobs. I totally love your mock-ups 👍🏼

Sometimes I miss animation of the knob movement. It would be very useful for overview when we have a lot of automation. I understand that it is extra cpu load but an option to switch it on/off could deal with that.

That would be helpful.

I like the apps that implement it as a ring around the knob, where the knob position indicator stays stable but the ring shows the range of the modulation movement as it happens.

• @Gravitas said:

@lazyass said:

Out of curiosity...

It's almost perfect) My only wish is more modulation options. With Drambo there's not so musch use for MiRack, Voltage and other modular stuff. But sometimes I felt limited with basic LFO and Envelope Shaper. It would be super-duper cool to have something like Lissajous LFO for slow and organic stuff and Quad LFO for complex and relative modulation. Like Xaoc Devices Batumi or Malekko Quad LFO.

I've had a look at the Lissajous LFO.

You can put together something like that already
    in dRambo using the modules that are already there.

Here's a couple of examples.

Light Synth

and a Tesseract.

Turn down the sound it's a bit raucous.

drambo + mirack?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gravitas said:

@lazyass said:

Out of curiosity...

It's almost perfect) My only wish is more modulation options. With Drambo there's not so musch use for MiRack, Voltage and other modular stuff. But sometimes I felt limited with basic LFO and Envelope Shaper. It would be super-duper cool to have something like Lissajous LFO for slow and organic stuff and Quad LFO for complex and relative modulation. Like Xaoc Devices Batumi or Malekko Quad LFO.

I've had a look at the Lissajous LFO.

You can put together something like that already
    in dRambo using the modules that are already there.

Here's a couple of examples.

Light Synth

and a Tesseract.

Turn down the sound it's a bit raucous.

drambo + mirack?

Yup.
    drambo for the actual Lfo’s etc.
    MiRack for the oscilloscope only.

MiRack is the only Auv3 app with a Lissajous mode oscilloscope.
    I triple checked last year.

I did find this app which can be used with an external audio interface.
    I don’t know if it’s IAA but it works stand-alone as an oscilloscope.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/signalscope-basic-2020/id1520683649

The other thing would be to get a real oscilloscope but
    you have to be really serious about your vector synthesis,
    other than that it’s actual pointless having a Lissajous Lfo
    without the visualisation of an oscilloscope except for the challenge of making one.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    This isn’t a feature request but when I download some patches from patchstorage, a lot of the graphic shapers and modulators have very detailed curves I couldn’t achieve with just my finger, is that done using a script and could anyone point me in the right direction on how to write that script cos I have no knowledge of how to or where to start looking

Almost all of the curves on Patchstorage are indeed drawn by hand and with patience. I remember that I've used iOS Accessibility Zoom a lot to draw the details.
    Luckily, the next update will introduce bezier curves and they're going to be a real blessing.

• @Gravitas said:

without the visualisation of an oscilloscope except for the challenge of making one.

I think the SunVox 'oscilloscope' (Under visualization settings for each module) might be able to do something similar no?

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

I think the SunVox 'oscilloscope' (Under visualization settings for each module) might be able to do something similar no?

I don’t have Sunvox.

Can it do x/y mode?

• @Samu

Thanks for that.

It does do x/y mode but it’s not as smooth as the MiRack one
    saying that it’s much more affordable than getting MiRack.

Does Sunvox accept live audio input?

and I’ll add it to my list for the future.

• @Gravitas said:

Yepp...

You can just set the visualization options for the Input module and set it to stereo mode and feed left and right channel with proper input signal. connect it to the output if you need to pass thru the signal...

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

Yepp...

You can just set the visualization options for the Input module and set it to stereo mode and feed left and right channel with proper input signal. connect it to the output if you need to pass thru the signal...

That’s good to know.
    Another question if I may.

Can the oscilloscope visualisations be made smoother,
    as in continuous, as it looked staccato in the example I saw.

• edited February 2022

Is anything new on this update?

Hope Midi Import and Export is included

• @RajahP said:

No import/export in the coming update.
    I’m not even sure how a pattern based app could handle such feature... both the import and the export side of things would be difficult to define.
    It’s a common feature for a linear DAW, but Drambo is not that.

• @rs2000 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    This isn’t a feature request but when I download some patches from patchstorage, a lot of the graphic shapers and modulators have very detailed curves I couldn’t achieve with just my finger, is that done using a script and could anyone point me in the right direction on how to write that script cos I have no knowledge of how to or where to start looking

Almost all of the curves on Patchstorage are indeed drawn by hand and with patience. I remember that I've used iOS Accessibility Zoom a lot to draw the details.
    Luckily, the next update will introduce bezier curves and they're going to be a real blessing.

Holy shit, good work, I have a lot of your stuff downloaded and couldn’t figure out how to get anything with that detail.

• @Gravitas said:

@Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

Yepp...

That’s good to know.

Depends on the source I guess, the oscilloscope has a buffer setting (up to 50ms) and the screen is redrawn at 60fps. There’s no extra blurring or other things as visualisation is not the core function of the app. Pixilang is the tool for that but it’s way, way over my head 😎

• edited February 2022

@RajahP said:

I’m not even sure how a pattern based app could handle such feature... both the import and the export side of things would be difficult to define.

Just thought it would be an interesting addition for the improved Step Seq... but there is always record..

Thanks..

• @Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

@Samu said:

@Gravitas said:

Yepp...

That’s good to know.

Depends on the source I guess, the oscilloscope has a buffer setting (up to 50ms) and the screen is redrawn at 60fps. There’s no extra blurring or other things as visualisation is not the core function of the app. Pixilang is the tool for that but it’s way, way over my head 😎

Thank you.

• edited February 2022

@RajahP said:

@RajahP said:

Just thought it would be an interesting addition for the improved Step Seq... but there is always record..

Thanks..

The way I deal with it is to load LK + Matrix IAP as a MIDI plugin inside Drambo. Since it runs in perfect sync with Drambo's transport, you can always load multiple MIDI files there and set loop start/end markers for each clip.
    LK had an update last year that improved its efficiency with large MIDI files dramatically.
    LK supports "pattern" lengths of up to 999 bars - enough for most MIDI files.