Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - this was just posted on Facebook

1212223242527»

Comments

• Something like this...

I only ever used external audio this way as gives you direct access to the port without menu diving.

• edited May 2022

SOLVED:
    At some point I denied Drambo access to the microphone in my settings. That's fixed, and I feel like a whole new range of possibilities has opened up.

• @ExAsperis99 great! I'm not sure how common it is, but maybe Drambo could let the user know when this is happening (I'm assuming that apps can detect when they're not given specific permissions)

• Can’t you record AuV3Mfx apps to a track?

• @RajahP said:
    Can’t you record AuV3Mfx apps to a track?

Not directly. I asked this earlier today in another thread. You can route it out into another app, and back into Drambo. @rs2000 recommended routing it through FreEWI. I tried it with AUM earlier today.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/42554/drambo-is-an-au-host-now-the-new-drambo-mega-thread/p62

• If you use D as a host, you can generate midi with your preferred AUv3 and add DramboAU after it. Record midi into DramboAU and drag&drop recorded clip back to Drambo host.

• @0tolerance4silence Ahh...I think that's the best method!

• edited May 2022

@Skyblazer btw, Ben's walkthrough shows this in action here

• edited May 2022

@Skyblazer said:

@RajahP said:
    Can’t you record AuV3Mfx apps to a track?

Not directly. I asked this earlier today in another thread. You can route it out into another app, and back into Drambo. @rs2000 recommended routing it through FreEWI. I tried it with AUM earlier today.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/42554/drambo-is-an-au-host-now-the-new-drambo-mega-thread/p62

Thanks.. it works with BlueVerk’s Route Midi..
    Thought this was an old issue since Cubasis and others had conquered this problem ..
    Not a show stopper..

Edit.. and there is always running Drambo as an Au.. too..

• My goodness yes!

• How about using MIDI Guitar, and then using your guitar as a midi controller for synth apps?

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@RajahP said:
    Can you ‘tie’ scenes to a pad (Like Maschine), Song Mode?

If by scenes you mean collection of clips (scenes in ableton pattern in D) than ‘yes’. If you tap ‘PAT’ on the right side of the pads/keyboard area your pads turn into pattern triggers.

Got to triggers finally.. Thanks

I was hoping for Snapshots.. but could not find the words then..
    select any clip/s and tie them to a pad… and .. well... Kapture Pad took it even further here.

• @RajahP said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@RajahP said:

If by scenes you mean collection of clips (scenes in ableton pattern in D) than ‘yes’. If you tap ‘PAT’ on the right side of the pads/keyboard area your pads turn into pattern triggers.

select any clip/s and tie them to a pad… and .. well... Kapture Pad took it even further here.

I see...
    A quick workaround is the duplicate button in the launcher...

Hit duplicate to create a new pattern from your custom clip ‘selection’. This also respects track mute/solo states, so only audible clips will be added to your new pattern. Then use PAT mode to trigger them from pads.

• edited May 2022

@RajahP said:

@RajahP said:

I see...
    A quick workaround is the duplicate button in the launcher...

Hit duplicate to create a new pattern from your custom clip ‘selection’. This also respects track mute/solo states, so only audible clips will be added to your new pattern. Then use PAT mode to trigger them from pads.

Just saw Micheal Grant’s video on this feature… it’s sick..

@Michael_R_Grant

Thanks..

• Thanks for watching, @RajahP! You’re so right, it’s an amazing feature to get quick variations into a song.

• @jolico
    I was having an issue similar to what you had around January 2022. Maybe you got it worked out... (the search here sometimes is weird)

but in my case I noticed that exported pattern would could a beat or more whenever I have Link enabled. With it off it works fine. :tongue: